Post your favourite sοng!

Blue Druid

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't choose between Pain is Beauty and Abyss when it comes to favorites with her- generally I decide which one to listen to depending on if I want my darkness to be really heavy or not so much- though I'll agree that The Grime and the Glow is one of the weaker ones. Apokalypsis also had some tracks that didn't do it for me, but I enjoyed its highlights and overall aesthetic more so than The Grime and The Glow's. Apokalypsis also has the beautifully haunting Movie Screens, which I considered sharing over Ancestors.

I do think Pain Is Beauty is her prettiest work to date, but I love the doomy sound of Abyss so much, I'd have to go with that one, even though most of my favorite songs by her are off of other albums. And relistening to The Grime and The Glow, I think it's biggest issue is that it kind of feels like a compilation instead of a "complete" album, plus as stated before, some songs don't go over well (and "Moses" and "Demons" sounds much better on Apokalypsis). On the other hand, it has my favorite cover artwork and "Halfsleeper" and "Cousins of the Antichrist" are really good songs. My only big issue with Apokalypsis is that it's pretty short, but "Movie Screen" and "Pale on Pale" make up for that (I guess it's a quality over quantity thing, because almost all the songs on it are good, but I do wish it was a little longer, maybe?).

Anyway, I'm gonna lowkey share another song and hope no one calls me out for posting four songs.

[spoiler=Converge - Wretched World]

It's really hard for me to pick a favorite Converge, since their discography is across the board great, and there's so many fantastic songs to choose from, but I'll go for "Wretched World" here, because it's one of the more odd and shoegazy(?) Converge tracks. Not necessarily my favorite Converge song, but nonetheless a favorite.

Edited by Disinnocence

• 5 weeks later...

Not ta well written song I'll admit, but if a song can make me feel great anytime I listen to it then it should be my favourite right?

Pendulum - The Island

yesss finally another pendulum fan around here.

As for myself, I've recently discovered a band called Infected Mushroom, a kind-of psychdelic rock/electro/trance style band from Israel. I wish they were bigger in the U.K., maybe I'd have found out about them years ago.

This is one of my favourites by them, especially from 4m 25s.

Jessie J - Do It Like A Dude

Lana Del Rey - Summertime Sadness

Fergie - Fergalicious

Nicole Dollanganger - Chapel

Within Temptation - Memories

Evanescence - My Immortal

Tove Lo - Stay High

Edited by Caiomhe

longneck is definitely the hottest mc in the game right now other than politikz. he's this generation's kendrick lamar.

To provide some relief in the "death metal" drought, here's one of my favorite songs (albums) from last year.

[spoiler=Horrendous - Ozymandias]

I'm not very well-versed in the death metal scene, but I really liked this album, so that's pretty much all there needs to be.

Hmmm, difficult to pick a single favorite so Ill share several wildly different songs.

Pink Floyd-Comfortably Numb

This song resonates with because it reminds me how callus I have become since I was a little kid

Gerry Rafferty-Baker Street

This song has to do with the lies I tell myself about how I'll make tomorrow a better future but everything stays the same

Avenged Sevenfold-Strength of the World

Life could be worse and most 9f my problems are created in my mind.

Periphery-Make Total Destroy

Fuck the corporate america and the people pulling the strings behind the government

Gary Jules & Michael Andrews-Mad World

We're all running the rat race in the modern world. Also cuz Donnie Darko

Jason Aldeen-Fly Over States

I live in Nebraska so i relate to this song. The midwest is an after thought to most people on the coasts 9r big cities. I know very few farmer hicks because most people live in cities and towns now. We're average citizens just like everyone else

Oh hey, it's nice to see someone who doesn't hate Periphery (because they're popular now or some bullshit).

Racecar may still be hands down their best song, but Make Total Destroy is definitely a highlight off of Periphery: II.

[spoiler=Racecar - Periphery]racecar is racecar spelled backwards

Racecar is one of those rare 10+ minute songs that actually justifies it's long running time. There's never a part of this song where I'm like, "oh, that could have easily been left out." Everything in the song feels exactly how it should be, and nothing feels overly long or needless, which is why it's still their best song to date.

Edited by Disinnocence

• 2 months later...

Velvet Undergrund - Pale Blue Eyes

Gregorio Allegri - Miserere | Haven't had a chance yet to sing this, unfortunately.

Samuel Barber - Agnus Dei (transcribed from his Adagio for Strings) | I did sing this, however, as a 2nd bass, which was slightly below my comfort zone. ;) I could only hope that we wouldn't drop even a half-tone.

Der Familie Popolski - I Can't Get No Sleep | Pretty silly, I guess ;) The Popolskis are a German comedic cover band working with the premise that their Polish grandpa invented the WHOLE pop music, but all of it was stolen thereafter. So now it's their duty to present the songs as they were originally written.

• 1 month later...