is setsuna a good mother for asugi??

severus

sorry im relatively new to fire emblem, my first game was awakening. but my setsuna's only a level 12 archer right now and saizos only level 15 and still just a ninja. should i use a master seal on them both then marry them? or have one or both of them use a heart seal to get different skills to pass down?? also are there any skills i really should give to asugi? or maybe he should have a different mother?

Skills aren't really important, because you can simply buy one from others players's castle.

There's even a thread here for that.

As for stats, Setsuna would make Asugi fast, however she hurts his defenses too much, and what Asugi really want is offensive stats.

Asugi's magic growth is actually higher than his strenght growth, so giving him a magic mom like Sakura or Felicia is a good idea.

Most people wait until units are LVL 20 to Master Seal them to get the most potential out of them. If you are playing Birthright, just go ahead and grind a few levels to get them to LVL 20.

Also, what skills you would like to pass down depends on what final class you Asugi to be in. You can go over to the Skill Request Thead and ask for what skills you want on Asugi and someone will put it up for you on their My Castle to get. You might also be able to get some suggestions if you ask.

Setsuna is a pretty decent mother but there are better mothers for Asugi. She only gives him negative stats in Resistance and she evens out his DEF. Asugi is a child that can benefit from both a magic mother or a strength mother.

Kagero and Sakura are good mothers for Asugi. Kagero is strength and Sakura is magic.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

that depends on if youre factoring in the other kids or not.

If you are; Setsuna would be better suited for somebody like Selkie or Nina, to capitalize on their great Spd.

otherwise: Im not too sure. Setsuna would give Asugi a +2 Spd mod which is all well and good, but as people above me have stated, Asugi's best trait is his offenses. I suggest Sakura (who neutralizes Saizou's bad Spd, and gives him +2 Mag while letting him keep his Str mod too).

All in all: I base parents on what they can capitalize, and imo Setsuna is best used elsewhere.

oh ok well i think ill go with sakura then, but i already have selkie and her mother is oboro, do you think shes an ok mother? she seems pretty good to me

also i was gonna marry kagero to takumi, will she work alright?? i wanted to make shigure speedy and hopefully give him lethality if i can

and i was gonna marry felicia to hinata to give hisame him luck, itll give him luck +1 at least right?

oh ok well i think ill go with sakura then, but i already have selkie and her mother is oboro, do you think shes an ok mother? she seems pretty good to me

also i was gonna marry kagero to takumi, will she work alright?? i wanted to make shigure speedy and hopefully give him lethality if i can

and i was gonna marry felicia to hinata to give hisame him luck, itll give him luck +1 at least right?

I have Kagero as Takumi's wife and she has been working pretty well for me.

Oboro is a good mother all around for physical children so, yeah she is okay for Selkie.

If you want a speedy Shigure, marry Kaze and Azura together. Kaze passes down the ninja class which gives Shigure Lethality.

Felicia is better off with someone else, like Hayato. She is a magic mother and she doesn't help Hinata's kid. Hinata needs someone that can give him a bit of speed, I think. My Hinata was always a bit too slow.

oops sorry i meant kiragi not shigure lol, sorry i mixed up their names. but kagero is ok for a speedy kiragi with lethality right?

also kaze died for me, and im pretty sure i wont be using azura, unless maybe i should??

but ya true, ill marry felicia and hayato then

Kagero x Takumi makes Kiragi strong, but pretty slow (-2 Spd mod; the same as his father's). However sticking him in Master Ninja should remedy this a little bit; otherwise you may wanna buy Wary Fighter for him at some point.

Oboro is a good mom for any physical kid she can get, so you dont have any problems there. She gives +1 Str and +1 Spd and those are both things Selkie likes.

not too sure about Felicia though, you're left with a balance of stats that may or may not be good in the long run. If youre doing it for Luck +1 mod however, I suggest marrying your Hisame to Midori (and making him a Basara if you can), giving her extra Luck via pair up.

EDIT: Welp, you wont be getting Midori, so if you wanna use Felicia!Hisame, I suggest making him a Grandmaster Pair Up slave for Rhajat or something, his Magic should be good enough for that.

For reference my Birthright suggestions are:

Ryouma x Rinkah

Takumi x Oboro

Subaki x Hinoka

Saizou x Sakura

Hayato x Orochi or Felicia

Kaze x Azura

Kaden x Setsuna

Azama or Jakob x Kagerou

Azama/Jakob/Silas x Mozume

Hinata x whoever's left over

Edited by Jakkun

already married azama to orochi and me to hinoka(i sinned) and rinkah to subaki

i was gonna marry hana to ryouma, theyre already at A support so i mean ya

i have alot of guys left over at this point, jakob, hinata, silas, izana and hayato, which ones best for mozume?? i dont have her yet but ill get her, unless its too late? im on chapter 22

Edited by severus

ok!

should i use the rest of the guys as units to i guess get to a or a+ with each other so they can all use friendship seals too? i can do that with all the kid units right? or is that just a waste of time

you can. if there's a class you want for a certain character I suggest buddying up for it if you can.

For example: I dont use Peri, but I wanted her to get Tomebreaker for Soliel on my Conquest file, so I had her buddy up with Felicia so she can grab Maid. As a result I got a class that makes good use of Peri's personal, as well as a mage-killer kid.

alright ill be sure do buddy units up then, i mean why not have all units have a friend right? unless thats too much, i just kinda want really really high stats for most of my units and good skills for my castle stuff and streetpass stuff, but also parleys, also dlc too later, so i guess for everything then

also buying skills and stuff feels kinda wrong?? idk i just like obtaining stuff on my own. ive done it before to get replicate for myself. really really good skill and all so im not complaining or anything, glad i got it really

also maybe replicate would be good for kiragi? unless making kagero a mechanist isnt a good idea?

Replicate is good for anyone, so you wont have any problems there.

And yeah most people who are in this game for the challenge don't buy skills. So that's fine too.

Only thing I went out of my way to buy on my Rev playthrough was Deathblow and Tomebreaker for Odin because he needed that lol.