No more marriage candidates?

Flareblade

So I didn't realize until now that there's an uneven gender ratio between units that can marry anyone else other than the Avatar if you're playing with a Male Avatar on Birthright and Conquest. There is one more male than female which means you miss out on a child unless the Avatar marries a child character, Anna, Reina, or Scarlet. I already married Kagero which means I have to pick which child not to have. I honestly find it horribly stupid.

If this happened to you, which child did YOU not get?

Females don't have this problem, which is kind of unfair to guys, but it seems like Dwyer is a common child left out, since his personal skill has zero effect outside of My Castle battles.

Females don't have this problem, which is kind of unfair to guys, but it seems like Dwyer is a common child left out, since his personal skill has zero effect outside of My Castle battles.

I like Dwyer as a character though. :/

Considering how male Robin in Awakening got the perk of having two kids if they marry a first gen girl, i like the trade off of female Corn getting the two kids and the even ratio. :B

Honestly though, i see why its a problem and its dumb. I think this has to do with the children being more of an afterthought than much else. They didnt really think about who would get left in the dust if you went for all the kids in one route as Male Corn. Seeing how i only recruit the kids i want to recruit, (which is maybe four or five of them at most) its not a problem for me. Lots get left out.

Favorite picks of kids getting the shaft seem to be: Rhajat because people just dont like her, Dwyer for reasons stated above, and Soleil because people hate her too. Asugi and Caeldori are my first picks for not getting recruited because i really dont like them.

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

On the file I married Camilla in (sue me), I let Hinata die alone. My headcanon is that Hinata doesnt really care about finding a spouse.

I really wanted Laslow to be the foreveralone, because I actually like Hisame, but Soliel has a Skill Statue so I gotta deal with the cringe.

like, all of them because the only time i played male mu wasn't for a postgame file and I don't have the patience to get all the kids anyway

if it were in a postgame file though, probably hayato. I don't really care for him or rhajat and I've no use for mag statues. MIGHT IS RIGHT

I actually like Dwyer x Kiragi but, if I had to choose a kid, it would probably be Dwyer.

The fact that Jakob literally can only happily marry Femorrinmui makes the decision a bit easier. He is not alone because of my oversight, he is alone because he cannot have anyone other than Femorrinmui and be happy.

Unrequited love, FTW!

This makes me wonder if Reina (or etc.) were originally intended to have other supports.

(Reina's hair would look really cool on a lot of child units...)

Apparently Azura was planned to have different supports with Kanna if she was her mother that, differed from route to route. Just like she did with Kana's dad.

That's all I'm aware of.

didn't awakening have this problem for female MU unless you were married to Chrom

I think? I remember marrying Chrom and always having one dude left over. Had one chick left over, too, because I married off all her possible marriage candidates.

didn't awakening have this problem for female MU unless you were married to Chrom

Yes? If you mean that only be married Chrom that female!avatar can have two kids and one of the possible dads would be forever alone (isn't that the same with male!avatar if you married a first gen woman as well?). If not, then I'm not sure what you mean by that (I'm sorry if that come off as rude. I didn't mean to sound rude... if I did anyway).

More on topic (I guess), whenever I'm playing as a male!avatar on Hoshido, I have Hinata be forever alone since I don't really care for Hisame (well that, and I can't stand Hisame's map). I haven't started a male!avatar on Conquest yet but I think I'll have Jakob be forever alone on that run.

Edited by December Knight

I know it's possible for Sumia to never marry due to her having far less marriage options than all other females, and because she doesn't just marry some random lady off the street like Chrom does Cynthia can potentially be completely missed.

But every time I look over the possible combinations, I never run into the issue of "too few marriage options if you steal one of the guys".

If the kid has a skill that says "good things happen when you choose Wait", they're born. I don't care how badly I have to screw with the pairings.

I very nearly screwed myself out of two kids (Shigure and someone else), due to some weird pairings (playing as Princess Corrin). Had to do an emergency shuffle to sort that out. The inheritance app is nice, because it ensures that I won't forget someone. . .or multiple someones. . .

In my Revelation run I gave up Sophie, Dwyer and Mitama, although that was a conscious choice considering that Elise and Mozu were the only two potential mothers left, as I never pair them and I didn't want to pair their fathers.

On my Conquest run I ended up not pairing Kaze for some crazy reason or another. I was in the process of pairing Jakob and Peri before I put it on hold. I also didn't get Soleil or Kana, because I went M!Corrin/Niles.

Edited by AzureSen

When I played Conquest I skipped Seigbert, Ignatius, Shigue, Dwyer, and Sophie (the last 3 cause I got them on Birthright) due to not wanting to spend that much time on it.

Personally I'd skip Asugi (Saizo) or Rhajat (Hayoto). They're both pretty boring Awakening clones imo. Caeldori is too but for some reason I find her more tolerable.