Worst weapon name?

Limstella

Any weapon names you guys think are bad or weird or just really stupid? For me, it's mostly the tomes.

"Ginnungagap." wtf

Ragnarok is a close second, but at least it sounds something like Rock. And Hans' axe (I'm pretty sure): Aureglimer are also kind of weird, but it's one of the S rank/legendaryish weapons so I guess it's alright.

Who knows, looking through the list on the wiki, these are the only ones that bother me :P

Also just weird weapons in general, (not just names lol), i.e: Pebble.

EDIT: Looks like a lot of them are related to Norse Mythology, (Something I'm not too familiar with), Should've done a bit more searching on it :P

Edited by Ruffina

"Ginnungagap." wtf

Ragnarok is a close second, but at least it sounds something like Rock.

deep breaths, deep breaths

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ginnungagap

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragnar%C3%B6k

I've personally never had problems with any of the names. IMO It all really boils down to personal preferences (like it's understandable that those who aren't familiar with the Norse mythos may find "Ginnungagap" strange).

Stale Bread is just

how?

that's literally what it is though

Edited by AddictPunk

(Fimbulvetr, Ragnarok, and Ginnungagap are all from Norse Mythology. Just so you know)

I have always been annoyed that the Brave Bow was changed to Crescent Bow in Fates. Like really? Why? What was wrong with Brave Bow?

I'd say Chackram is the one that bothers me the most, but that's mostly because a) it was just randomly renamed into something not even tangentially related to what it was in the JP version, and b) it sounds way too boring to be an S rank. The Nohr S ranks kept their cool names and the Hoshido ones got crappy and uninspired English ones.

Edited by Oshimos

Ragnarok actually makes sense as a weapon as it is the Norse name for their equivalent of the Apocalypse a battle where the gods shall die. For the name of a powerful spell it would actually be quiet fitting...

You wonder how an ordinary sheet of Paper can be used to cast magic.

How could Stale Bread be providing heals when it's, well, stale?

I'd like to see the Bottle being broken in combat for aesthetic reasons not unlike Team Fortress 2 (the Demoman class's default melee weapon is a large alcohol bottle).

Pebble -- so many debuffs!

Any weapon names you guys think are bad or weird or just really stupid? For me, it's mostly the tomes.

"Ginnungagap." wtf

Ragnarok is a close second, but at least it sounds something like Rock. And Hans' axe (I'm pretty sure): Aureglimer are also kind of weird, but it's one of the S rank/legendaryish weapons so I guess it's alright.

Who knows, looking through the list on the wiki, these are the only ones that bother me :P

Also just weird weapons in general, (not just names lol), i.e: Pebble.

Ginnungagap means "yawning void" which is pretty damn fitting for a devastating spell. Ragnarok means "twilight of the gods" which is the end of times in Norse mythology. Pretty cool name for a spell that blows shit up. Auregilmir is another name of Ymir the giant in Norse Mythology (which kinda awesomely coincides with that tome, Ginnungagap). That axe belonging to Hans makes sense because he likes to throw his weight around and the giant Ymir in myth, was basically a big baby Huey who thought he ruled. Ganglari (which is often spelled Gangleri) eludes to one of Odin's names when he deceived a bunch of guys. (pretty fitting because of what the game's sword does. Bolverk is also a cool ass name for Garon's axe for a lot of reasons.

I've personally never had problems with any of the names. IMO It all really boils down to personal preferences (like it's understandable that those who aren't familiar with the Norse mythos may find "Ginnungagap" strange).

I know the feeling. Im all up in here all

655be824a681cdeacdc0a63bca0b29fd.png

:V

I didnt find any of the weapon names too weird except Waterwheel.

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

"Pointydemonspanker"

I know a lot of the names are not "American-based," so they will sound a little strange. Regardless, here are my picks:

• Daikon Radish: Nothing says deadly like a radish to the face!
  • Paraso/Umbrella: I like strange weapons, but this just seems impractical.
  • Carp Steamer/Broom: Because why not, right?
  • Hoe: "Don't mind me, just farming experience points!"
  • Hair Pin: Apparently, it's females only. No problem with that myself, but I know not only girls use them...
  • Paper: Paper cuts are the worst!
  • Lantern: "Restores 7 HP to a nearby enemy." ...How?
  • Aurgelmir: Arga... Aurgelmer...
  • Frying Pan: Peach and Flynn knows how it's done.
  • Pebble: Thanks, Frederick!
  • Cupid's Bow: I get wanting to mix things up, but who would want to HEAL THE ENEMY?!!!
  • Missiletain: Why did they change a relic? Eldigan will have fury!
  • Fire: They're not even trying anymore!
Edited by Power Master

I'll need some historical context if I'm to believe Waterwheel is a suitable name for a lance.

Actually Thor and i did some digging and it seems to elude to a naginata technique.

Initially Benki shot twenty-four arrows, killing 12 and wounding 11 men.Then grasping his naginata, he skillfully sliced, chopped, and slashed six more men he broke the shaft on the sixth opponent so he drew his sword, wielding it in the zigzag style, interlacing cross, reverse dragon fly, water wheel, and eight sides at once steele's to cut down eight more men. He snapped his blade on the helmet of the ninth and used his dirk to continue..."

Sauce

So i think thats what its supposed to be named for. If thats the case, it makes perfect sense and the name is no longer weird for that weapon.

Ginnungagap means "yawning void" which is pretty damn fitting for a devastating spell. Ragnarok means "twilight of the gods" which is the end of times in Norse mythology. Pretty cool name for a spell that blows shit up. Auregilmir is another name of Ymir the giant in Norse Mythology (which kinda awesomely coincides with that tome, Ginnungagap). That axe belonging to Hans makes sense because he likes to throw his weight around and the giant Ymir in myth, was basically a big baby Huey who thought he ruled. Ganglari (which is often spelled Gangleri) eludes to one of Odin's names when he deceived a bunch of guys. (pretty fitting because of what the game's sword does. Bolverk is also a cool ass name for Garon's sword for a lot of reasons.

I love both of you for those posts. Just saying.

Anyway, I don't really recall any names that I found stupid.

Ginnungagap means "yawning void" which is pretty damn fitting for a devastating spell. Ragnarok means "twilight of the gods" which is the end of times in Norse mythology. Pretty cool name for a spell that blows shit up. Auregilmir is another name of Ymir the giant in Norse Mythology (which kinda awesomely coincides with that tome, Ginnungagap). That axe belonging to Hans makes sense because he likes to throw his weight around and the giant Ymir in myth, was basically a big baby Huey who thought he ruled. Ganglari (which is often spelled Gangleri) eludes to one of Odin's names when he deceived a bunch of guys. (pretty fitting because of what the game's sword does. Bolverk is also a cool ass name for Garon's sword for a lot of reasons.

[spoiler=You sure about that?]

62ffde47447c87f7c9086063d4402d647d16fd8a

I'm sorry about being so nit-picky, but I'm just saying...

I have always been annoyed that the Brave Bow was changed to Crescent Bow in Fates. Like really? Why? What was wrong with Brave Bow?

The knife and bow aren't called Brave weapons because their drawback is different than the other weapons. Rather than lower your defense and resistance, they cut your strength in half for the next attack.