Worst personal skill?

Flareblade

The big issue I have with that build is Spy's Yumi, Spy's Shurikens, and Stoneborn. Also, trying to attack someone who is themselves in the Vantage zone.

the former can be kinda played around, especially since they have shaky accuracy vs Awakening's +30 Avoid, the latter is also what makes such a build so strong. That fear of attacking a Vantage user can just leave them alive, and bring serious pain come their phase.

But against AI units, they're gonna go headfirst against said Vantage user, and most AI don't carry 3+ Range weaponry.

Another interesting idea is a Spy Yumi Archer + Point Blank (whenever that comes out), assuming Point Black works with Spy Yumi, its kinda scary what you can do with those weapons.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the former can be kinda played around, especially since they have shaky accuracy vs Awakening's +30 Avoid, the latter is also what makes such a build so strong. That fear of attacking a Vantage user can just leave them alive, and bring serious pain come their phase.

But against AI units, they're gonna go headfirst against said Vantage user, and most AI don't carry 3+ Range weaponry.

Another interesting idea is a Spy Yumi Archer + Point Blank (whenever that comes out), assuming Point Black works with Spy Yumi, its kinda scary what you can do with those weapons.

What I meant by the latter is that if you ran afoul of someone who was already low enough to have Vantage kick in, you're likely a goner. Anyways, those other weapons may not be the most accurate, but they can still potentially ruin the day of a character that's in Awakening range.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

What I meant by the latter is that if you ran afoul of someone who was already low enough to have Vantage kick in, you're likely a goner.

To be completely fair, only bad's proc vantage in post, damage goes high enough to OHKO dedicated tanks twice with braves, through pavise and aegis.

Miracle Scarlet is a really fun to use disrespect build though.

Corrin's as Corrin is the best character.

You would be foolish not to lead with them.

people who marry Midori, Ophelia, Caeldori, Velouria, or any other power kid may beg to differ.

Especially since Supportive is essentially Siegbert's Personal 2.0 so its pretty good for any unit that can compete with Corrin in terms of usefulness (those listed)

To be completely fair, only bad's proc vantage in post, damage goes high enough to OHKO dedicated tanks twice with braves, through pavise and aegis.

Miracle Scarlet is a really fun to use disrespect build though.

I hope we get a Nohrian Trust skill book in the future so I can make that build a thing lmao

I guess I could always just buy it from somebody who uses Powersaves but eh.

Edited by Jakkun

people who marry Midori, Ophelia, Caeldori, Velouria, or any other power kid may beg to differ.

Especially since Supportive is essentially Siegbert's Personal 2.0 so its pretty good for any unit that can compete with Corrin in terms of usefulness (those listed)

Man, marrying Ophelia or Velouria means you are now playing Awakening.

Corrin just crys himself to sleep cradling the omega yato and whispering "you're the only friend I have left"

Corrin just crys himself to sleep cradling the omega yato and whispering "you're the only friend I have left"

I made the mistake of using Velouria as a pair-up slave, when I started using her as the lead unit, Corrin was out of a job

I made the mistake of using Velouria as a pair-up slave, when I started using her as the lead unit, Corrin was out of a job

Better reclass Corrin to Berserker to make him still useful

You really think his personal skill makes THAT big of a difference? It's only five percent at most. I don't understand why that five percent would cause you to "always worry about eating triple damage." If you're worried about Arthur taking crits, then you're just worried about Arthur, period. His personal skill has only a little to do with it. Izana, on the other hand (considering I had his ability's effects backwards), is prone to gimping your allies as they're more likely to be in his range than the enemy. Unless you feel like spacing him away from your allies which is dangerous and hard to work around, his PS is probably going to hinder you. I don't see how that's better than a five percent crit% difference, personally.

5%? 1 in 20? I don't know about you, but most of my units take at least 20 swings in any given chapter. It's true that an average level 20 Arthur might survive a crit from most things, but he can't take much more than that, so you either have to hope Sol procs or everything else misses.

Now, admittedly, that's Arthur in general and not the skill itself. If we wanted to rate just the skill and we put it on a high luck character then it's not so bad. And there are workarounds like having Percy nearby or equipping Veteran's Intuition.

Corrin's as Corrin is the best character.

You would be foolish not to lead with them.

I thought about including it, but it is actually a pretty powerful skill, so while in a lot of cases it seems like a waste of a fantastic character, it's hard to call the skill bad. I kind of wish Corrin had a different skill, though, since this one does get so little use. Just like I wish the avatar supporting skills worked on more than just the avatar.

What makes Ophelia so good that she makes Corrin irrelevant? I admit i might not used Odin that well in my first PT so i dunno how Ophy would differ lol

Also is Keaton anywhere as good as Velouria?

Except that you'd have to defeat all of the enemies during that turn, because if you don't then either Izana will still be standing on his own and get jumped during enemy phase or your other units will get in closer just to get crippled by Izana during enemy phase.

He's forever going to lag behind my mounts, so they're the ones that take the brunt of the next wave's attacks. Have him move close enough to activate Peacebringer, heal/chip, then have someone more competent move ahead and finish/bait.

It takes some set-up/careful positioning, but it's nowhere near as forced as Mitama's. Or Nina's (unless I have a male Corrin behind Izana).

Unmask is a bit TOO situational

Bloodthirst is like rally but a bit useless because one turn and it's gone

Fancy Footwork is great but only +1 stat

Vow Of Friendship forces you to pair up with Cyrus/Silas

Mischievous because fan service (-3 def is good though)

I'd just like to point out that Selena's personal skill could work with Charlotte, when she be gettting those crits,so maybe that is something redeeming, right?

Dwyer and, sadly, Izana's, just don't do anything useful mid-game/story, so that is how i feel.

I'd just like to point out that Selena's personal skill could work with Charlotte, when she be gettting those crits,so maybe that is something redeeming, right?

Dwyer and, sadly, Izana's, just don't do anything useful mid-game/story, so that is how i feel.

Good Point but with Charlotte's higher strength, wouldn't she kill the enemy anyway?

I'd have mentioned the needing the main character to be at half HP or less thing.

Not really - I said it earlier, but it'd do more good for a shuriken user since even with crits they won't do very much damage, except against mages.

Orochi/Niles - Don't bother taking anyone as prisoner

Yukimura - Oh goodie +5 hit rate. Wow that's SO helpful.

Peri/Hisame/Kiragi - It's really only good if she can move again otherwise it's useless

Kana - Debatable as it just depends on what class she will be.

Saizo - Poison Strike over this garbage skill anyday.

Arthur - For reasons already stated

Kaden - If using anyone with Live to serve this is pretty crap as I don't believe they stack (Please correct me if I'm wrong).

Felicia/Jakob/Silas - Only good for Kamui and pointless for anyone else.

Edit: Forgot about Izana. Who wants to do 2 less damage? Sakura's personal skill makes his useless.

Edited by JasonMendez

Peri/Hisame/Kiragi - It's really only good if she can move again otherwise it's useless

Kaden - If using anyone with Live to serve this is pretty crap as I don't believe they stack (Please correct me if I'm wrong).

Edit: Forgot about Izana. Who wants to do 2 less damage? Sakura's personal skill makes his useless.

I could agree about Orochi and Niles having not-that-great Personals, but worst? Not so sure there, they're mostly just useless, never actively detrimental to their viability as units.

Yukimura's isn't amazing, no, and it doesn't belong on a best personal skill list or anything, but it's +5 hit with no negative effect besides having to field Yukimura (and maybe being close to units? I dunno, I never used him), so not really worst-skill material if you ask me.

Peri's is a nice thing to have (maybe I'm biased because it let me kill Ryoma on her join chapter on Conquest), just requires Azura or Galeforce (or both) to get her another turn or two with her boosts. Hisame and Kiragi you may have a point about, though if you never wait with them then at worst they're just not useful. And Azura fixes the main problem with all three of these (not being able to take advantage of them during Player Phase since you've ended your turn in the course of activating their Personal Skills), so they're not the worst, just require a bit of work.

Kana... At worst it's just useless if you take her out of Hoshido/Nohr Noble. If only her Personal also let her equip Dragonstones regardless of current class...

Saizo... Yeah, but it's free damage, and unless you moved him after all of your healers and anyone who could Shelter him, he can be healed back up or Rescued or Sheltered out of danger. Not a great thing, but not the worst thing either. Also, not sure if it stacks with Poison Strike, but I feel like it ought to, which would make it slightly better, I think.

Arthur... I've defended this one in this thread, but to be honest, I dunno anymore. I wouldn't say it's the absolute worst skill (Izana), but it's not great unless you're running a whole bunch of crit-happy units and want some guaranteed crits or something. Or you've got Percy around to mitigate it. Or both. And I'm not sure it's worth it. Still not the absolute worst skill to me, but it's in the running.

Kaden... I've never noticed this effect. I'd expect it to stack, but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't either, to be honest. Still, it gives the Live to Serve effect to people without Live to Serve, which I guess is alright.

Felicia & Jakob... Yeah, these would've been so much better with one simple change: Just have it so it works with Corrin/Kamui, as well as S/A+ partners and their children. Still, as it is, it's at least useful for someone.

Silas... No, Silas is the one who benefits from his skill, not Corrin/Kamui. And it's quite a benefit for Corrin/Kamui's HP entering Vantage range. I'm sure this has been stated elsewhere in the thread, but does Corrin/Kamui need to be paired up with Silas as well as on <50% HP for Vow of Friendship to work? Because I remember hearing somewhere that it didn't require those two to be paired up, but I dunno for sure.

As for Izana, yeah Peacebringer is the worst skill. I'm sure there's some use for the Quiet Strength-that-also-lowers-damage-dealt-to-enemies (maybe for feeding kills to lower-level units?), but why bother with it when you can just use Sakura and have the actual Quiet Strength, which is pretty much superior since it doesn't hamper her effectiveness in combat (since, if Izana is attacking an enemy, they're probably inside of Peacebringer's lowered-damage radius). At least Arthur's Misfortunate, as not-quite-great as it is, isn't upstaged by another character having the same thing but better. This is the worst skill, at least as far as I can tell.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

I have no idea how you play, but it seems like you're not leveraging the game mechanics for all they're worth. I guess if that's your thing, that's fine, but don't expect any mercy from Yours Truly if someone decides to rip your opinion to shreds.

Yukimura - I'd disagree; 5 hit with no strings attached is pretty cool, even if it isn't much.

Kana - Hoshido Noble and Nohr Noble aren't bad classes by any means.

Felicia/Jakob/Gunter - They might only affect the MC, but seeing as the MC must always be fielded...

Saizo - Given that you have to attack for it to kick in, and Poison Strike also requires you to attack to work... (Yes, they stack) And as stated earlier, if you have him on your side, you have ranged healing. As an aside, it doesn't need Saizo to enter battle with under half health - it works if he gets knocked under that threshold.

Peri - That's what Azura's for.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Yukimura's isn't amazing, no, and it doesn't belong on a best personal skill list or anything, but it's +5 hit with no negative effect besides having to field Yukimura (and maybe being close to units? I dunno, I never used him), so not really worst-skill material if you ask me.

Felicia & Jakob... Yeah, these would've been so much better with one simple change: Just have it so it works with Corrin/Kamui, as well as S/A+ partners and their children. Still, as it is, it's at least useful for someone.

Silas... No, Silas is the one who benefits from his skill, not Corrin/Kamui. And it's quite a benefit for Corrin/Kamui's HP entering Vantage range. I'm sure this has been stated elsewhere in the thread, but does Corrin/Kamui need to be paired up with Silas as well as on <50% HP for Vow of Friendship to work? Because I remember hearing somewhere that it didn't require those two to be paired up, but I dunno for sure.

As for Izana, yeah Peacebringer is the worst skill. I'm sure there's some use for the Quiet Strength-that-also-lowers-damage-dealt-to-enemies (maybe for feeding kills to lower-level units?), but why bother with it when you can just use Sakura and have the actual Quiet Strength, which is pretty much superior since it doesn't hamper her effectiveness in combat (since, if Izana is attacking an enemy, they're probably inside of Peacebringer's lowered-damage radius). At least Arthur's Misfortunate, as not-quite-great as it is, isn't upstaged by another character having the same thing but better. This is the worst skill, at least as far as I can tell.

Pretty sure Yukimura's applies the hit bonus to every single unit you control regardless of map positioning (just as clarification).

Applying the retainer skills to A+/S supports is a really cool idea actually. Though I don't think they need this to be decent since their boosts are actually pretty significant in early game and only require you to pair them with or just stand next to Corrin.

I am also pretty very sure that Silas does not need to be paired with Corrin to receive his boost.

Also, Izana's Peacebringer is actually even worse than that. This was mentioned already, but since it decreases damage dealt and not damage taken it requires unsafe positioning to get the full effect since Izana wants to make sure that the enemies are the ones inside his aura, and it also has the potential to aid enemies up to 4 tiles away since one of your units can be on the very edge of the aura and attacking an enemy 2 more tiles away while still dealing -2 damage to said enemy thanks to this absurdly bad PS.

First off, Peri's gives speed so that will help her survive a little bit so that's something. Hisame and Kiragi also both provide stat bonuses that help survivability as well.

Secondly, moving again is pretty easy to do since we get Azura way way way before any of the said characters, and also Replicate makes excellent use of these since both the original unit and the Replica will get the boost simultaneously.

Bloodthirst is like rally but a bit useless because one turn and it's gone

@Bloodthirst: except rally is only 1 turn as well...

@VoF: I'm pretty very sure that Silas will get the buff regardless of whether he is paired with Corrin.

Edited by cgRIPPER

Pretty sure Yukimura's applies the hit bonus to every single unit you control regardless of map positioning (just as clarification).

Applying the retainer skills to A+/S supports is a really cool idea actually. Though I don't think they need this to be decent since their boosts are actually pretty significant in early game and only require you to pair them with or just stand next to Corrin.

I am also pretty very sure that Silas does not need to be paired with Corrin to receive his boost.

Also, Izana's Peacebringer is actually even worse than that. This was mentioned already, but since it decreases damage dealt and not damage taken it requires unsafe positioning to get the full effect since Izana wants to make sure that the enemies are the ones inside his aura, and it also has the potential to aid enemies up to 4 tiles away since one of your units can be on the very edge of the aura and attacking an enemy 2 more tiles away while still dealing -2 damage to said enemy thanks to this absurdly bad PS.

Wow, that makes Yukimura and Silas significantly better.

Thanks on Felicia/Jakob. And no, they don't need it to be good early on, but it'd be nice to give them more units they can be Devoted and/or Evasive Partners with.

And I didn't know Izana worked like that. I guess it's unique-ish, in that nobody has a personal that makes enemies deal less damage inside its radius (though I think Azura gets something like that, but it's not her personal), but now it... Actually, if you keep Izana by himself, that could work. Having said that, I can't see leaving a mage alone with enemies and expecting him to live, and it nerfs any of your units who step into it to attack, so I'd still call worst skill on this one. Just, not for the reasons I thought before. Thanks for clearing that up for me, mate.

First off, Peri's gives speed so that will help her survive a little bit so that's something. Hisame and Kiragi also both provide stat bonuses that help survivability as well.

Secondly, moving again is pretty easy to do since we get Azura way way way before any of the said characters, and also Replicate makes excellent use of these since both the original unit and the Replica will get the boost simultaneously.

How did I forget Replicate? I mean, yeah it's not especially easy to get it on those units (I'm not sure Peri can get it unless Corrin marries her. Hisame and Kiragi can probably get it with the right moms tho, or maybe by S-ranking Midori if they can do that. Even if you get them Mechanist, you won't have it for a while since it's a level-15-promoted-unit skill), but it really would help here (though you'd have to be careful about positioning, don't want both of the unit getting swarmed).

But yeah, between Replicate, Azura, Galeforce, and some combination of these (can replica units and their original both get Galeforce on the same Player Phase?), the post-kill/post-wait stat-boost skills shouldn't be in the running for worst skill. Especially not Hisame/Kiragi, since you don't need to do anything to get their buffs (unlike Peri, who can be left boostless if she can't get a kill on any enemies; yes, it can be worked around, but it's a potential negative to consider).

Yeah, several people have brought up Silas's VoF over in the Best Personal Skill thread because it's relatively easy to activate for a pretty reasonable boost (not sure I would go so far as to say it's one of the best, but it's pretty solid). I haven't done any testing with it yet, but I imagine that the Replicate user and replica would share a single use of galeforce per turn.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Azura actually gets 2 songstress class skills that have similar effects to Peacebringer. Voice of Peace causes enemies only to deal -2 damage with physical attacks and Foreign Princess applies only to the purple ghost men/women but both reduces the damage they deal and increases the damage they take by 2. So they're very situational in very different ways from Peacebringer even though all 3 are situational. I'd say Voice of Peace is probably the best since Azura shouldn't have to worry too much about magical attacks due to relatively high Res and weapon triangle bonus.

Edited by cgRIPPER