Favorite Ships?

CWGameplay

If you ask me, this is definitely one support which shouldn't include her gimmick at all. What's the point of it here? We already know they both care a lot for each other, and that Corrin appreciates her even if she messes up, so what's the point?

It bothers me that it's not more about them two reading like they did in in the fortress, which is one of the few interesting tidbits we get from their life there. I don't know, I just wish Felicia's gimmick wasn't almost as ubiquitous in the supports as Setsuna's.

I would of liked that as well and it frustrates me that it isn't the case, but I guess exploitable gimmicks are the only way to start conversation in IS's eyes. That's what I get from characters like Felicia and setsuna. It bothers me more in Felicia's case because she has depth that isn't explored. The character that she does have I like a lot so I tolerate the lack of development.

Stories from their lives together in the fortress is a great idea btw.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xander x Nyx - I think because of their mutual desire for redemption Nyx really understands Xander's troubles more than most people.

Takumi x Hana - I liked how they've known each other personally for quite some time. I also find it funny that even someone like Hana manages to bully Takumi.

Arthur x Selena - Brady x Severa and Cynthia x Severa were two ships I liked back in Awakening. This is kind of like the unholy combination of both of them and I love it.

Laslow x Charlotte - I know it's because of the limitations of the support system, but it always irks me when Charlotte or Laslow continue flirting after being married to different people. When they're together thats not a problem anymore since they're both cool with each other's flirting.

Odin x Kagero - I liked how Odin is one of the few people who really appreciates her art. The transition from A to S support is also well done imo.

Asama x Effie - Healer x Tank shipping is always great imo and this support is really great. I liked how it focused on Effie's borderline suicidal devotion to being a shield and how it touched on Asama's religious beliefs.

Why do people say Corrin x Azura is canon? There are no canon pairings in this game as far as I see, every one of them is optional, just like in Awakening. I don't see it pushed as canon in the game either. They have story interactions, sure, but they never seemed anything more than friends to me. Even Chrom x Robin in Awakening has more leverage to me. Unless male Corrin gets different story dialogue with her or something? Not to mention certain spoilers make this pairing rather disgusting to think about. And I actually like Azura, btw, so there's no bias against her here.

People use "canon" for it the same way they do for Eliwood/Ninian and Chrom/Sumia--as in, pushed. Of course you can pair either with whomever you want, but there are certain pairings the devs favor more than others, and those are the ones the term "canon" is used for, as a substitute/shortening of "implied/intended canon".

Chapter 5's super-shippy dialogue, especially the portion where she gives Corrin the dragonstone and they exchange a big speech about how important they are to each other and how safe they feel around each other, and there is one line that's slightly changed for a male Corrin: in Chapter 5, that old woman merchant mistakes Azura for his girlfriend, while with female Corrin she gets called just a friend. There's a couple other shippy lines here and there, but a lot of the ending dialogue in particular is shippy ("I don't care if I'm hallucinating, I'm just overjoyed to see you again"; "Next time we meet I'll tell you exactly how much you mean to me" "I need you by my side in the coming days", paraphrasing here), and the devs went out of their way to write three supports and three confessions for her, which no one else gets. That's why people say it's canon

That spoiler's already been spoilered earlier in this topic, but keeping it vague--it's acceptable in their time period and in most of the world, including Japan and parts of the US. So IntSys wouldn't really care, and neither would they.

Dwyer and Rhajat actually makes a very cute awkward couple.

I originally planned to pair Rhajat with Asugi so their kids can learn galeforce, but ended up doing Dwyer X Rhajat instead.

Speaking of kid supports, Dwyer x Mitama is really good, too, just because of how similar they are. I also really enjoyed Shiro x Caeldori, Shigure x Mitama , Shigure x Sophie, and Fem!Kana x Kiragi.

Edited by Abvora

I second the question as to why people think CorrinxAzura is canon. It's not nearly as in your face as, say, Chrom/Sumia. For most of each path, it's just her and you talking a lot since you're the lead and she joins no matter what who is in similar shoes as you. While their supports are great, as far as ive seen, there's enough platonic tension to shrug off intimacy.

Laslow/Azura/Peri (I really REALLY hate how much I like his support with Peri....but I do.)

Xander/Charlotte (Personal favorite that got butchered a little by the localization that made it complete.)

Hinata/Most everyone (Tho a few like Azura were terrible.)

I second Dwyer/Rhajat.

Saizo/Sakura (Adorable)

and a few more. I have guilty pleasures like CorrinxRoyal but tbh most of Corrin's supports aren't worth mentioning since just like Robin, most of them are dedicated to learning more about the characters they support with.

I don't like breaking the game's molds and doing crack/gay ships that weren't given to me already. Out of the two gay ships we do have, Niles' is clearly better.

People use "canon" for it the same way they do for Eliwood/Ninian and Chrom/Sumia--as in, pushed. Of course you can pair either with whomever you want, but there are certain pairings the devs favor more than others, and those are the ones the term "canon" is used for, as a substitute/shortening of "implied/intended canon".

Chapter 5's super-shippy dialogue, especially the portion where she gives Corrin the dragonstone and they exchange a big speech about how important they are to each other and how safe they feel around each other, and there is one line that's slightly changed for a male Corrin: in Chapter 5, that old woman merchant mistakes Azura for his girlfriend, while with female Corrin she gets called just a friend. There's a couple other shippy lines here and there, but a lot of the ending dialogue in particular is shippy ("I don't care if I'm hallucinating, I'm just overjoyed to see you again"; "Next time we meet I'll tell you exactly how much you mean to me" "I need you by my side in the coming days", paraphrasing here), and the devs went out of their way to write three supports and three confessions for her, which no one else gets. That's why people say it's canon

That spoiler's already been spoilered earlier in this topic, but keeping it vague--it's acceptable in their time period and in most of the world, including Japan and parts of the US. So IntSys wouldn't really care, and neither would they.

I see. I guess there is sort of more going on when you're playing a male Corrin. But I still don't like it because of the spoiler reasons. I've just never approved of that kind of thing at all. And it's actually not accepted in the US since Awakening's localization didn't allow Lucina and Owain to be married, only companions. I'm really surprised Treehouse didn't do the same for Corrin and Azura.

But at least if it's the case, I can still say Silas is the "canon" one for the female. :P

I see. I guess there is sort of more going on when you're playing a male Corrin. But I still don't like it because of the spoiler reasons. I've just never approved of that kind of thing at all. And it's actually not accepted in the US since Awakening's localization didn't allow Lucina and Owain to be married, only companions. I'm really surprised Treehouse didn't do the same for Corrin and Azura.

But at least if it's the case, I can still say Silas is the "canon" one for the female. :P

I agree.

Don't give me a choice to choose something if you are going to imply that some other thing is canon, anyways. Much like Fates entire story, thanks to Revelation. I mean, it doesn't exactly make me angry but it does irk me a bit.

Leo x Odin - Always liked to imagine that Leo was fond of Odin's eccentric and exuberant ways. He himself is a reserved individual that dresses in predominately dark and functional armor but Odin is loud and boisterous, with his bright yellow mage robes (if you can even call them that) that leave a delicious triangle of skin showing. I like the differences between their personalities and designs and the contrasts that it gives to each other. Similar to how I feel about Shiro x Seigbert, Leo and Odin has this yin-yang pattern going on with them that I appreciate.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cousin_marriage_law_in_the_United_States_by_state

Legal in roughly half the states.

And it's perfectly fine if you don't like it for those reasons! Marrying her IS a choice, not a forced option, after all. I'm just trying to explain why some people, including the creators, don't care. ...Though yeah, I know a lot of people were surprised that they kept it in, precisely because of the way they handled Lucina x Owain.

But also Ryoma/Scarlet and Ryoma/Rinkah bc im a dirty multishipper

The only two things I am salty about this game is the absence of Ryoma/Scarlet and Jakob/Flora. Why did they kill those two. Can't they have killed Half-Naked Mad who lives in Wind City Fuck you and your wild ride Mr. Fuga and the Fates version of Lex Luthor Izana. Nobody will miss those guys.

Shippings I always go with are

Corrin x Aqua (Master Gibbs, prepare the Canon Cannon)

Takumi X Oboro

Saizo X Kagoru

Luna X Tsubaki

Pieri X Laslow (DID YOU SEE THE MOM-CHILD DIALOGUE IN THE DLC!!)

Charlotte X Xander because I need a Guard Stance bot.

Ryoma and Jakob are forever alone because reasons.

Leo x Odin - Always liked to imagine that Leo was fond of Odin's eccentric and exuberant ways. He himself is a reserved individual that dresses in predominately dark and functional armor but Odin is loud and boisterous, with his bright yellow mage robes (if you can even call them that) that leave a delicious triangle of skin showing. I like the differences between their personalities and designs and the contrasts that it gives to each other. Similar to how I feel about Shiro x Seigbert, Leo and Odin has this yin-yang pattern going on with them that I appreciate.

On the LeoOdin point, now that you bring it up I'm reminded in the Leo x Takumi Halloween Convo where Leo shows off his closet Chuuni side. it's interesting and pretty cool to see that Odin is very openly Chuuni with a serious side, while Leo is a mostly seriously guy with a Chuuni side.

I thought it was a pretty fun contrast.

I got Kagero/Hinata to A support; it's a p sweet interaction, I'm curious about the s support.

Dwyer/Sophie is cute and Nyx/Orochi (good god why wasn't aware of this one ooooh) is good imo

I'm trying to fill out the support log, those one stick out to me particularly rn. Others too but I don't wanna repeat lmao

...I just did Sakura/Jakob too. That was nice.

Mozu/Saizo: The S-support doesn't come out of the blue and it feels more like the C-A were actually building up to the S support this time. It flows nice and the two seem almost meant for each other.

Sakura/Xander: again, it just feels like a natural flow up the S-Support and the tidbit about Xander actually being a timid child makes him feel a lot more human than the plot shows. the downside is that, although I've never seen Sakura!Siegbert, it doesn't take a Oracle to guess that Siegbert comes out of it with worse stats and awful hair. I also love to imagine Ryoma and the other's reactions to it tho

Subaki/Selena: A gender-bent Cordelia marrying Cordy's kid? Perfect. Also gives Caeldori a really nice support with her mother

Laslow/Peri: I've explained this before in other threads but Laslow is the only dude who manages to start Peri down the road to decency, and after that I just can't deny letting the two marry each other especially since I don't really like a whole lot of either's supports.

Benny/Effie: two big-ass knights with unnatural amounts of strength. it helps that Benny seems to genuinely care about Effie from the B support and the S Support is hilarious.

that's all I can think of right now

No Ryoma/Scarlet just proves IS are trolls. I can tolerate no Jakob/Flora only because there is little story interaction between the two. But the former pair just screams 'ship us'. Their chemistry and dynamic is great to see.

Ohoho~ I'm going to enjoy this

First and more important of all is ZeroxKamui: Their support is soooo good, I love it, also, Zero character only make ship them more, I love how Kamui despist the sad and dirty past of Zero still love and trust him, is so beatiful for me *cried* They're like my favorite ship *butLon'quxChercheisstillbestFEship*

SaizoxSakura: Yes, ginger haired Gray, but the important part is how natural and cute is their relationship, I love how easy is Sakura toward Saizo and how he brought sweets for her even if he hates them, so cute~ and, in my opinion, is better than SaizoxKagero

FlannelxLuna/Selena/Severa/The tsundere with momy issues: Fuck TsubakixLuna, I love the chemistry that have them, yes, their support start with a competition like a lot of Luna's support, but the form how they make a relationship is so natural ~ the baby chiken detail was cute and their S support is gold and no out of the blue, I love how

tsundere was both to each other but so genuine at the same time... Also Velour with red streak is cute. And furryxtsundere true OTP cofcofthisisYarnefaultcofcof

MarxxFelicia: Is nice to see someone that's not agresive and a jerk to Felicia, also Marx as maid is cute, and pink haired Siegbert bring me life.

LeoxBelka: I really like their support, I like how Leo is cautious but trust in Belka even if she's an assassin and can kill him, and dunno, Belka is a cute smol waifu/mom.

NishikixAqua: Aqua being a into fox's cute, also, I love how Nishiki even if he don't understand Aqua secrets or burdens he want to help her and stay at her side.

LaswardxPieri: 'cause everyone said why already and I has the same reasons to ship them

ShigurexShara: I love how they start doing company to each other in a weird mode, and I love how this support chain shows that Shara's Tharja side, being caring to others and isolate herself to not hurt other, and how Shigure believe in her gentle self, even if their S support feels so weak compared to the CBA

Edited by Truffa

Sakura/Xander: again, it just feels like a natural flow up the S-Support and the tidbit about Xander actually being a timid child makes him feel a lot more human than the plot shows. the downside is that, although I've never seen Sakura!Siegbert, it doesn't take a Oracle to guess that Siegbert comes out of it with worse stats and awful hair. I also love to imagine Ryoma and the other's reactions to it tho

I saw one in someone's My Castle, but whose it was escapes me.

Corrin x Laslow (bias, so much bias, jfc newfound bias)

Azura x Keaton (mostly done for wolfssegner shigure but the support was cute)

Peri x Laslow (won't really marry them due to bias, but this is a really good support at the same time)

Peri x Odin

Peri x Hinata (i love these two together okay?)

Ryoma x Elise (THE GAME WON'T GIVE ME RYOMA X SCARLET but that's a good thing i guess since otherwise i wouldn't do this pairing)

Takumi x Camilla

Takumi x Oboro

Niles x Oboro

Azama x Effie

Xander x Charlotte

Xander x Sakura

Leo x Sakura

Kaden x Charlotte

Ophelia x Hisame

Shiro x Caeldori

Shigure x Soleil (fite me, but for a platonic this support wasn't bad)

Kana x Nina (same as above - focused mostly on Nina's rogueish traits)

The only pair that I have any attachment to is Takumi/Oboro. There are some that I like, such as Sakura/Tsubaki, Ryouma/Rinka, and Hinoka/Hinata, But again the only one I actually really like a lot is Takumi/Oboro.

Anybody who's payed attention to anything I've said on this forum already knows what my answer is.

Yeah man, Arthur x Azura is great.

Speaking of which I do like that pair support wise tbh.

oh right i remembered i read a few more children supports

nina/velouria and nina/caeldori, already read those ones but worth a mention because why didn't nina act like this in her soleil support and most of her guy supports c'mon

shigure/rhajat was actually p nice, it kinda delves into rhajat's background over in the deeprealms and shigure is a sweetie aw

Edited by Shadowess

giphy.gif

That's actually my second fav pairing tho...

Xander and Azura are in the same boat of having a lot of good supports that their story personality doesn't give justice too.

My only big favorite ship from Fates is actually Takumi x Oboro, the others shippings I like aren't at the same level... Just to mention another one that I like, even if the S support was a total disappointment, is Leo x Hinoka, but I like it for a weird reason of mine and I can ship them with other characters (like Hinoka x Xander that I like too), so yeah, this time I'm only with one "OTP"... for now

Corrin x Reina (I love her a lot, and you can't take my Sky Knight from me)

Xander x Charlotte (Localization support was a bit weaker than their Japanese suppport, but I still love it)

Takumi x Oboro (Because doi)

Azura x Kaden (The fact that she's innocently after his fuzzy fur from the start sealed it for me)

Ryoma x Scarlet (Because fuck you IS you jerks! Why couldn't this be a thing? *sobs*)

Birthright:

- Sakura x Saizo

- Oboro x Takumi x Hinata

- Orochi x Hayato

- Hinata x Felicia

- Kaden x Sakura

- Kiragi x Rhajat

- Rhajat x Mitama

- Hinoka x Azama

Conquest:

- Camilla x Kaze

- Niles x Leo