luigi bros

So I have a question regarding Marriage and Friendship Seals in this game.

From what I've gathered online, once using a Friendship (or Marriage) Seal into a class that class is permanently added to the unit's class options via Heart Seal. For me that has not been the case with anything other than the DLC class seals.

Also a question is I have read that should the units primary classes be the same the secondary class is given instead. Again this has not been the case in either Marriage or Friendship seals.

And finally, I have been able to give the Avatar access to any class via Friendship Seals. However I read that the relationship is NOT one way, and his secondary class (Oni Savage) should be able to be given to any male unit with an A support. Again this has not been the case for me.

After doing extensive searching on this I can't find anybody saying what I am saying. Is it possible my game is bugged? This is the special edition BTW in case that matters. I'm also playing on Revelation. Any help would be much appreciated.

For the first question, the unit only get permanent access to the class through the corresponding relationship seals, so nothing went wrong in your game

For the second question, what is your pairing example here? Some pairing actually doesn't work

For the last question, you need A+ to give class to other unit.

From what i know Avatar can get class through A, but other units need an A+

Since Males can't A+ with Avatar, the relationship is pretty much one way advantage for Avatar

Edited by JSND

For the first question, the unit only get permanent access to the class through the corresponding relationship seals, so nothing went wrong in your game

For the second question, what is your pairing example here? Some pairing actually doesn't work

For the last question, you need A+ to give class to other unit.

From what i know Avatar can get class through A, but other units need an A+

Since Males can't A+ with Avatar, the relationship is pretty much one way advantage for Avatar

It's fine either way. I just misinterpreted it to mean that by using those Seals once, said class is added to the Heart Seal set.

For example, I paired Takumi with Oboro. Takumi would normally inherit Spear Fighter from her, but that's his secondary so he should have gotten Apothecary, but instead no new classes were added. Or Leo, who married Felicia and should have gotten Maid, but that's his secondary so he should have inherited Hero. Again nothing new.

My thoughts are starting to go towards it being you only get the secondary if the first matches other units first. In which case I really screwed up on a lot of my A+ ranks because I ignored any where classes were the same when in fact could have been quite useful.

This is what all my experience has told me, it's just on many sites, the Fire Emblem Wiki included, it mentions being able to reclass into the Avatar's secondary.

It's fine either way. I just misinterpreted it to mean that by using those Seals once, said class is added to the Heart Seal set.

For example, I paired Takumi with Oboro. Takumi would normally inherit Spear Fighter from her, but that's his secondary so he should have gotten Apothecary, but instead no new classes were added. Or Leo, who married Felicia and should have gotten Maid, but that's his secondary so he should have inherited Hero. Again nothing new.

My thoughts are starting to go towards it being you only get the secondary if the first matches other units first. In which case I really screwed up on a lot of my A+ ranks because I ignored any where classes were the same when in fact could have been quite useful.

This is what all my experience has told me, it's just on many sites, the Fire Emblem Wiki included, it mentions being able to reclass into the Avatar's secondary.

You're right on that account - you only get the secondary if both partners' primary classes match (e.g. Subaki and Hinoka).

You're right on that account - you only get the secondary if both partners' primary classes match (e.g. Subaki and Hinoka).

Same applies if the primary class can't be obtained at all by the partner (Villager, Songstress, Nohr Prince(ss)/Nohr Noble/Hoshido Noble, Wolfskin/Wolfssegner, Kitsune/Nine-Tails), in this case you get their secondary classes.

The priority order is primary > secondary > primary parallel > secondary parallel. However, you can't get parallel classes by Friendship/Partner Seals, and you only get secondary classes if the primary class is a "special" class, like Emblem Blade said. The wikia page for Takumi shows that Oboro grants him nothing, same for Leo and Felicia.

You'll also find that Corrin doesn't show up in anyone's Friendship Set box -- because Corrin can't share classes via A+ rank. Corrin only shares their secondary class (because Nohr Prince(ss) is a special class) and only with their spouse, because units can S-rank Corrin but cannot A+ them.

Thanks guys.

http://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Takumi/Supports

Here though it mentions Takumi getting access to the Avatar's secondary class. While also saying he won't be granted access to Oboro because of the overlap, but the same for Setsuna when he should be granted her secondary class set. Maybe not the most reliable source come to think of it.

So as I understand it now:

1. Classes (aside from DLC) can only be granted through one specific seal depending on its source

2. The only time the secondary class is granted is if both units primary is the same or if the primary is a unique class

3. If the secondary is also the same then a parallel class is granted

4. The Avatar can inherit any number of classes, but no unit can inherit his/her secondary.

I have that straight?

Thanks guys.

Here though it mentions Takumi getting access to the Avatar's secondary class. While also saying he won't be granted access to Oboro because of the overlap, but the same for Setsuna when he should be granted her secondary class set. Maybe not the most reliable source come to think of it.

So as I understand it now:

1. Classes (aside from DLC) can only be granted through one specific seal depending on its source

2. The only time the secondary class is granted is if both units primary is the same or if the primary is a unique class

3. If the secondary is also the same then a parallel class is granted

4. The Avatar can inherit any number of classes, but no unit can inherit his/her secondary.

I have that straight?

I believe in the case of a unit's A, A+ or S-Rank Supports: Should one of the characters have their primary class being unique to them only, you will instead be able to have access to said character's secondary class. Characters such as Azura, Kaden, Keaton, Kamui and Mozu all have their primary classes as unique to them (and with the exception of Mozu and Azura), their children have access to their respective parent's primary unique class. Due take note that this also makes My Castle really cheesy in regards to obtaining skills from units who have earned skills from unique classes or classes that they have access to even when your own characters don't have those classes available to them.

Mozu does pass Villager, though, unless the wikia is wrong.

I checked this against my current Rev file, where I have M!Corrin A-ranked with Subaki. Subaki cannot use a Friendship Seal. Corrin, however, can. I also checked if Subaki could change into Corrin's secondary (Wyvern Lord) via Heart Seal, just in case, and he cannot. Sorry, friend. Anyway, here's the evidence.

post-21742-0-97986400-1460432937_thumb.jpg

post-21742-0-05363000-1460432965_thumb.jpg

Edit: well those weren't supposed to turn out sideways but they suffice.

Edited by BlenD

Mozu does pass Villager, though, unless the wikia is wrong.

I checked this against my current Rev file, where I have Corrin A-ranked with Subaki. Subaki cannot use a Friendship Seal. Corrin, however, can. I also checked if Subaki could change into Corrin's secondary (Wyvern Lord) via Heart Seal, just in case, and he cannot. Sorry, friend. Anyway, here's the evidence.

attachicon.gifsubaki supports.jpg

attachicon.gifno friendship.jpg

Edit: well those weren't supposed to turn out sideways but they suffice.

Well, if you look at the supports for each character, it shows the possible ranking supports each unit can have. Subaki has access to Female Corrin's secondary class(es) via the Partner Seal if the two marry but this has little to no relevance to what you were mentioning.

Well, if you look at the supports for each character, it shows the possible ranking supports each unit can have. Subaki has access to Female Corrin's secondary class(es) via the Partner Seal if the two marry but this has little to no relevance to what you were mentioning.

The wiki OP referenced specifically states that Takumi can Friendship (Buddy) Seal into M!Corrin's secondary. I disproved that specifically.

So it's just a bit of misinformation then.

One last thing: in terms of parallel classes, is the one granted based on the primary or secondary?

For example, Arthur gets an A+ with Keaton. Keaton's primary Wolfskin is unique so it goes to his secondary, Fighter. Which is Arthur's primary, so he gets a parallel class instead. Would he get Outlaw based on Wolfskin, or Oni Savage based on figher?

The wiki OP referenced specifically states that Takumi can Friendship (Buddy) Seal into M!Corrin's secondary. I disproved that specifically.

Well, yes, the Wikia (Fire Emblem Wikia) is wrong as the only Seal that can allow another 1st Gen or 2nd Gen playable non-logbook unit and non-Shield units not named Kana or one of their siblings to reclass into one of Kamui's classes is the Partner Seal (S-Rank). Even then only the marriage partner of Kamui can reclass into their secondary classes not the primary. As others mentioned previously, only Kamui can use the Friendship (A for Kamui but A+ for others) at A-Support to reclass to anyone of the same gender of them who has an A-Support with them. In the case of similar classes, if Female Kamui's reclass option is Archer, then someone like Takumi and Kiragi get nothing out of the Partner Seal. If an issue keeps coming up, then just test and trial each feature in-game as the Wikia doesn't always give reliable information:

A1) For those who want to see what reclass options they have should they marry Kamui. Have units who's gender is opposite of Kamui that you want to test the theory get S-Support with Kamui. Use the Partner Seal to check what classes are available for the marriage partner who's using the Seal (don't reclass).

A2) For any married couple, get S-Support (obviously) and use the Partner Seal to check what reclass options each of the two.

B) For Kamui, just get A-Supports with the same gender characters and use the Friendship Seal to check what classes Kamui has access to by reclassing. Or get S-Support with the marriage partner and use the Partner Seal to see what reclass options you get.

C) For others you need to either get A+-Support (same gender characters) or S-Support (opposite gender characters) and use the Friendship Seal (A+) or Partner Seal (S-Support) to check what reclass options each of the two have.

*Make sure you check in-game on what characters can support with who.

Partner and Friendship seal normally give base class to the characters, unless the two characters share a base class then they give each other their secondary class.

So if you A+ someone whose base class is your secondary class, you don't get any extra classes. There were a few special exceptions though**

But for people with unique base classes, they count their secondary class as the base and add a secret third class as the secondary to what they give people, but sadly they won't get a class back.

Azura - Gives Troubadour to Sky Knights (Hinoka / Subaki)
Keaton - Gives Outlaw to Fighters (Arthur / Charlotte)
Kaden - Gives Apothecary to Diviners (Hayato, but not Orochi since its her Secondary, supposedly he gets it from her though which is weird)
Mozu - Gives Apothecary to Archers (Takumi)

Selkie - Gives Apothecary to Diviners (Rhajat)

Velouria - I'm assuming she gives Outlaw to Fighters like her dad, but there are no 2nd gen Fighters.

Avatar & Kana - Gives the Avatar's Talent Class

The Avatar only gives his/her class to his/her spouse, no one can Friendship Seal the Avatar to get his/her Talent Class, but he/she can Friendship seal anyone of the same gender to get their base class. I think Niles and Rhajat were the exception to this cause they will always have S rank available no matter the Avatar's Gender.

Kana can marry anyone from Gen 2 of the opposite gender and give them the Talent Class,

M!Kana can buddy Shiro, Siegbert and Percy, while F!Kana can buddy, Midori, Selkie, Mitama and Velouria to give them the Talent Class

Edited by ZodiacSoldier