Best build/final class for an offensive Corrin?

bunnynoah

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would suggest a +SPD - DEF Master Ninja, you gain access to Brave Knife alongside using Omega Yato, you can ORKO Ryouma's and other MUs online(since almost all of time they will be using Swords), without a + SPD you cannot outrun a capped Ryouma,other MUs,etc. having a +SPD gives you also an extra SPD statue, which means you are really having a +5 SPD.

It also lets you comfortably kill magic units, since with a 37 RES cap and Weapon advantage you are going to have a field day against them.

This has been my favorite set since I used it, Omega Yato is useful here unlike in other classes where it gets overshadowed by a Brave Sword, you can double anything from afar, debuff, kill, is so much fun.

Common tomes have higher hit than the scroll equivalents. I prefer forged thunders' hit over ox spirit's +1 def. Crit animations are more satisfying when it isn't a slow-moving animal shaped projectile.

You're likely going to use nosferatu, excalibur, and probably a forged thunder/mjolnir tome anyway.

edit: well there is a snake spirit scroll, but i personally tend to shy away from most weapons that cut stats after use. With creative replicate/galeforce use, you could get around that fairly easily though...

Edited by maninbluejumpsuit

Right now I'm working on a Bow Knight/Hoshido Noble MU. The exact same as my pic (featured on the left), except with Takumi's hair color. +Skill, -Atk, as I can make that up later. Raider Yumi, Dual Yumi, Noble Yato, and Dual Katana. Leaves a 5th spot for any healing items or Seed of Trust, and owns the Weapon Triangle. Plus I look good in Bow Knight armor. Equipped right now I have Astra, Renewal, Rally Skill, Rend Heaven, and Salvage Blow. I'd say as long as you could probably get Lancebreaker or Bowfaire (or a hacked Point Blank) you're pretty much golden.

Right now I'm working on a Bow Knight/Hoshido Noble MU. The exact same as my pic (featured on the left), except with Takumi's hair color. +Skill, -Atk, as I can make that up later. Raider Yumi, Dual Yumi, Noble Yato, and Dual Katana. Leaves a 5th spot for any healing items or Seed of Trust, and owns the Weapon Triangle. Plus I look good in Bow Knight armor. Equipped right now I have Astra, Renewal, Rally Skill, Rend Heaven, and Salvage Blow. I'd say as long as you could probably get Lancebreaker or Bowfaire (or a hacked Point Blank) you're pretty much golden.

Looking at your build, replace Rally Skill with Shurikenbreaker or Dragonic Hex, since the former makes fighting against super accurate Elite Ninjas (who can Replicate Spam-Debuff you to death) much easier to combat and the latter is nice as it allows your allies to sweep up the weakened enemies.

Regarding the Sorcerer (best magical character for Male Kamui for power) discussion for bunnynoah (creator of this thread)...the following can be useful if used wisely:

*Calamity Gate (Weapon): Reverses the Weapon Triangle (you have the advantage against enemies with Lance/Naginata and Shuriken equipped and you get double the advantage effects). It also means that those with Clubs/Axes and Bows equippe have the advantage over you.

*Lightning (Weapon): Sure it reduces the Magic and Skill stats by 2 points after each use but they recover by 1 point during each start of your own turns. The skill also makes running Aether/Vengeance that much more wonderful since you can possibly KO any enemy the moment you battle them.

*Nos(feratsu) (Weapon): Only healing weapon in-game but the damage and Hit Rate got slightly nerfed (doesn't affect anything as you can ante-up your Magic Stat to 50+ with Statues).

*Excalibur (Weapon): Only S-Rank Tome/Scroll in-game and the only one that hits Flyers for bonus damage. Double-edge sword since it increases both you and your opponent's ability to use follow-up attacks, use with caution.

*Ginnungagap (Weapon): Powerful but it halves your Magic Stat for the next battle you (Kamui) are in (the halving of your Magic Stat doesn't stack per use).

*Axebreaker (Skill): Helps remove the crippling weakness to rampaging 'Zerkers if others catch you running Calamity Gate equipped after you ended your turn.

*Tomebreaker: Unless you want to be OHKO'd or OTKO'd by a RH coming from another Sorcerer or very powerful magical attacker, this skill can help you since you get a decent Hit Rate and Avoid boost (+50) against Tome/Scroll users who have a Tome/Scroll equipped.

*Vantage (Skill): Since your HP is going to drop to 50% at some point this and the following skill(s) help threaten those that attack you.

*Aether/Vengeance (Skill): The former is meant for healing and more damage and doesn't rely on having your HP drop. The latter is for high risk-high return with devastating results but makes you powerless against those with Hexing Rods.

**Swordbreaker/Shurikenbreaker are optional if you fear super accurate Elite Ninjas, Vanguards or Swordmasters coming to take your head off with Swords/Katanas and/or Shurikens. Elite Ninjas are more threatening as being debuffed when surrounded more often spells 'death' to the poor victims who get debuffed. However both fall short since +7 smithed weapons tend to have really high Hit Rates on them but you get a very good chance to KO them with the improved Hit Rate of yours if you survive the onslaught.

Edited by Emblem Blade

Here are my suggestions:

- What Gender should he/she be? Girl. Always Girl.

- What asset/flaw/talent should he/she have? +Res -Str Maid

- What character should he/she marry/S support with? Hayoto

C:

But really I'd like to suggest a high skill build. Maybe Swordsmaster, Sniper, or NInja Then buy up a bunch of skilly skills (You'll get Dragons Fang naturally. Can buy Astra, Rend Heaven and others.) Then watch the skills activate.

Edited by Fircoal

Looking at your build, replace Rally Skill with Shurikenbreaker or Dragonic Hex, since the former makes fighting against super accurate Elite Ninjas (who can Replicate Spam-Debuff you to death) much easier to combat and the latter is nice as it allows your allies to sweep up the weakened enemies.

I WOULD, but my team mainly focuses on critical hits, and Rally Skill helps a lot with Astra and crits in general. I might replace Salvage Blow though, since I already have Map Pack 1 and a lot of free time.

But yeah, Ninjas and Assassins are a pain in my butt, especially Ryoma's Tiddie Committee.

I WOULD, but my team mainly focuses on critical hits, and Rally Skill helps a lot with Astra and crits in general. I might replace Salvage Blow though, since I already have Map Pack 1 and a lot of free time.

But yeah, Ninjas and Assassins are a pain in my butt, especially Ryoma's Tiddie Committee.

Hopefully no Ninjas or Elite Ninjas come at you with Hunter's Knife (does bonus damage to Beasts and Mounted Units) then because bonus damage weapons on one of the fastest and most accurate classes in the game can be frightening.

Due to my Asset/Flaw (+Spd/-Mag) on my Avatars in Fates/Revelations (which will rarely change unless I get bored then I'll change the Asset/Flaw), these themes come up for me (again I do Revelations for fun):

*Talent: Samurai/Lancer. The former grants one of the fastest non-mounted promoted classes (Swordmaster) while the latter grants two very good offensive classes and one of the promotions grants one of the strongest offensive skills (Rend Heaven). Spear Master makes fighting Xander and Ryoma in Chapter 13 easier thanks to having great great HP/Str/Def and decent Skl/Spd/Lck/Res (and the weapon advantage to boot against both) so being able to both tank and defeat the latter opponent (due to the crit danger he has as a Swordmaster) with ease is amazing. Again, I will rarely use anything that uses the Magic Stat for Kamui so that's why I'm ok with having a +3 Speed Modifier and a -3 Magic Modifier (unless I want one of my female Avatars to go mixed attacker or all magic).

*Skills:

**Offensive Trigger: Aether/Rend Heaven. Oh boy, where to start...

->Aether can work for those who rely on Strength or Magic or both. It also works as a recovery relief button for the first hit while the second can dent a very tanky wall. Skill% x 0.50 can be a pain if your Skill Stat isn't that high.

->Rend Heaven is mostly for those who can use both Strength and Magic to get the best boost possible as when it activates your bonus damage comes from the offensive stat that you're using as well. IE: If you're using a Tome/Scroll, the boost comes from 50% of the target's Magic Stat, so if you're only using Magical weapons, then RH becomes useless against physical enemies as it doesn't even change how many hits needed to KO the victim.

**Defensive:

->Vantage (if I want Kamui to go solo and not pair-up then this skill becomes a blessing and a curse). I can explain why it's a curse later.

->Axebreaker/Shurikenbreaker...choosing one or the other is confusing enough since the former helps you avoid being KO'd quickly by a super-buffed 'Zerker with a Great Club waiting to kill you. The later helps you hit and possibly avoid being hit by super annoying Elite Ninjas who will love to stack debuffs on you then kill you after seeing you scream.

->Renewal, well, you will have moments in your FE life where your HP drops below 50% one way or another and you definitely won't want to stay low on HP if enemies try to spam Hexing Rod on you.

->Counter Magic. Despite activating only when the enemy initiates the battle (Enemy Phase), if you can tank a super buffed magical blast, chances are the opponent who hit you is either dead or almost dead, the same is true to you, you're almost dead if you just tanked that attack. Optional if you play risk and return with the Vantage + Aether/Sol + Counter Magic + Quixotic + Renewal build.

**Support:

->Dragonic Hex. A blessing for those units of yours who really want to can't KO anything without the target being weakened.

->Nohrian Trust, only for pair-ups where your partner and you have skills that help whoever is the main attacker out. Of course, if said Nohrian Trust user goes down then the assistant is usually powerless one way or another.

These are just my common skills/talents I use to get warmed up.

I would suggest a +SPD - DEF Master Ninja, you gain access to Brave Knife alongside using Omega Yato, you can ORKO Ryouma's and other MUs online(since almost all of time they will be using Swords), without a + SPD you cannot outrun a capped Ryouma,other MUs,etc. having a +SPD gives you also an extra SPD statue, which means you are really having a +5 SPD.

It also lets you comfortably kill magic units, since with a 37 RES cap and Weapon advantage you are going to have a field day against them.

This has been my favorite set since I used it, Omega Yato is useful here unlike in other classes where it gets overshadowed by a Brave Sword, you can double anything from afar, debuff, kill, is so much fun.

Seconding this set; Ninja is a pretty solid class option for both power and maintaining 1-2 range, the only real specifications that OP gives. Hard to go wrong with ninja, honestly.

Sorc is also a solid suggestion, but personally I'd lean toward ninja between the two, since it tends to be faster and more accurate.

Edited by BANRYU

Im legit suprised Josh hasn't come in and suggested Zerk/Sorc yet.

@TC: I like your choice actually, that was the Corrin I was gonna use, but I ended up liking Nohr Noble a lot more than I thought I would, lmao.

Im legit suprised Josh hasn't come in and suggested Zerk/Sorc yet.

@TC: I like your choice actually, that was the Corrin I was gonna use, but I ended up liking Nohr Noble a lot more than I thought I would, lmao.

The Ninja? Onmyoji or Sorc?

Yeah, replicate is far to valueble to ignore. So replicate, astra, bowbreaker good skills for this build. I only wish dread fighter had A shurikan proficiency, then I would totally use it.

Yeah, replicate is far to valueble to ignore. So replicate, astra, bowbreaker good skills for this build. I only wish dread fighter had A shurikan proficiency, then I would totally use it.

Just be wary to keep anyone who has used Replicate (both the real and copy) alive since if one goes down, the other does as well. Both share the same HP, skills, status and weapons and items. Copies can't use abilities such as Sing or Replicate.

If you're going offensive, all that matters is that you pick a class with a high spd cap, doesn't add any weaknesses (i.e. Generals make Corrin weak to armor slayers and hammers), and they can use swords.

That's why Sword Master and Master Ninja are really popular.

Just be wary to keep anyone who has used Replicate (both the real and copy) alive since if one goes down, the other does as well. Both share the same HP, skills, status and weapons and items. Copies can't use abilities such as Sing or Replicate.

Yes, I am aware. However, thank you.

If you're going offensive, all that matters is that you pick a class with a high spd cap, doesn't add any weaknesses (i.e. Generals make Corrin weak to armor slayers and hammers), and they can use swords.

That's why Sword Master and Master Ninja are really popular.

Master Ninja is better though. Equally high Skill and Speed offset the mediocre Luck and Defense. You also have more use for Flame Shuriken if you don't want to bet on RNG for offensive trigger skills while Swordmaster needs some sort of offensive trigger skill to deal with very physical defensive tanks.

Shame that Kamui and their children always have a weakness to Dragonslayer and Dragon Spirit as well as Parallel Falchion.

Edited by Emblem Blade

Master Ninja is better though. Equally high Skill and Speed offset the mediocre Luck and Defense. You also have more use for Flame Shuriken if you don't want to bet on RNG for offensive trigger skills while Swordmaster needs some sort of offensive trigger skill to deal with very physical defensive tanks.

Shame that Kamui and their children always have a weakness to Dragonslayer and Dragon Spirit as well as Parallel Falchion.

Swordmasters have a bit higher Magic cap than Master Ninjas do and both classes can use Levin Sword.

I'm partial to Azura!Midori for male Corrin (if going for max class access, have his secondary be Oni Savage) so that Kana can be going around with +11 Speed cap modifier. Kana would have to marry Asugi to get Ninja access though if Corrin's secondary is anything other than Ninja.

Female Corrin doesn't have to worry as much on collecting classes thanks to her A-rank options and there's Kaze!Shigure to make a similar Kana so female Corrin can go Ninja secondary so that Kana can have it.

Edited by Roflolxp54