What do people think about the support conversations in this game?

I'm glad the characters here have more characterization than in Shadow Dragon, but the number of supports seem so little! It's hard for me to determine what most characters' personalities are besides Tiki's. I guess most characters don't have big gimmicks in their personality like in FE13 and 14. Most of the supports seem to be with Kris, and Kris is really bland...

Too bad Warren and Catria don't have a support conversation. I'd like more Catria supports :D

There's a lot of personality shown, IMO. With such a large cast, there's bound to be overlap, though.

I really wish there were more support convos (LIKE CAIN AND ABEL), but what they have is enough.

I like subtle character personalities - it's nice that Miriel's a geek, but I think Caesar pulls it off better (even if it's a wee bit more blatant than I like). Then again, I'm the weirdo that felt that FE11 had just the right amount of personality.

I really loved the supports in FE12. I didn't know they existed before I played the game so it was a very pleasant surprise. They weren't super serious or anything (at least the ones I happened to see), but they added a lot of fun characterization into the game. I'm looking forward to playing it again and with a different cast so I can see more of them.

While I have issues with some of them(or the lack of them; seriously, no Cain and Abel???), on the whole I enjoyed them and the extra characterization added to characters I already loved from Shadow Dragon.

• 2 weeks later...

I do like that they finally decided to gave the cast a personality and the supports did make me appreciate characters I dismissed previously. In Shadow Dragon I could't care less for Ceasar for example, but I liked how they portrayed him in his conversation.

The only thing i'm not fond of is how few characters can interact with units other then Chris. Most characters only have one of such conversations at most, with I believe only the whitewings, Minerva and Gordin sidestepping that issue. A lot of obvious choices where left out as well such as Wendell and his students or Marth who's supposed to be the leader of the army.

Then again, I'm the weirdo that felt that FE11 had just the right amount of personality.

Gonna ditto that one. Fates does give me some hope that supports can be good again, however; a lot of characters received their due in those conversations, even if they were a complete non-factor in the story.

I really didn't like most of FE12's translated conversations. I feel like a proper localization could have breathed some life into them.

I found them quite enjoyable. Jeorge's and Astram, and Ogma and Caeda, for example, might just be my favorite supports in the entire series. Although I will never understand why there are so few of them. Some characters like Catria, Palla, Est, and Minerva all have multiple supports with each other, giving each of them 4-5 supports, while other characters like Cain only gets 1 support with the MU. Cain and Abel, and Navare and Ogma, don't even have supports with each other. Come on.

Then again, I'm the weirdo that felt that FE11 had just the right amount of personality.

Couldn't agree more, actually.

I really liked the support convo between Sirius and MU. It shows MU being sirius (see what I did there) about there job as Marth's royal guard. Showing suspicion towards someone who would keep themselves masked among their allies and allows be in a battle prepared stance. Then MU gets beat up. They slowly become friendly in second convo, apologizing. Then finally, in third convo, they learn more about Sirius and when he is gonna reveal his identity,they show respect for Sirius' original decision and decline it. Seems like decent development to me.