Interest Check, Jedi recaps Dragon Ball Super?

Jedi

First I'm gonna gauge if there is any interest in my opinion on this series so far. I figured, having a nice side project I can do when I'm not absolutely swamped might be a good idea. Dragon Ball Super is currently done with 38 episodes, surprisingly there has been a good bit of comedy and action especially in the most recent arc, despite some animation inconsistencies and such, I think the series is actually pretty good as of right now, although issues I had with the later parts of Z (Mostly Post-Cell Arc) are still fairly prevalent.

My backstory with the Dragon Ball franchise goes quite aways back, when I first saw the series on Toonami, more accurately I saw the fight between Super Saiyan Goku and Perfect Cell, I was hooked, being someone who had grown up with the likes of TMNT, Power Rangers and Beast Wars, I had found something else to get my young self addicted to, I also got into Kenshin, Big-O, ZOIDS, Sailor Moon, Yu Yu Hakusho and a number of other series around the same time.

I have seen every episode of Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball GT, and the redo of Z named Kai, at least once in my life time, I've also seen the majority of the movies and all the TV specials, I read the manga some time ago as well, I own quite a number of the games to their credit.

My preferred series of the whole lot is Dragon Ball, the adventures of Young Goku, Bulma, Yamcha, Krillin, Tenshinhan (My personal favorite character), Chaotzu, Master Roshi and the rest are magical and have really good comedic moments as well as overall the best power balance the series had, although it was somewhat retained in Z until after Cell, my favorite characters tend to have come out of Dragon Ball, so if I lament the lameness that the human characters barely do anything anymore, that's a big part why.

The way I'd be doing this recap is episode by episode, at my own pace as I have tons of other obligations including smash tournaments to run being the smaller of them.

However I would like to know, if you're interested, how would you like me to do the write ups? Like would you want some screenshots or clips of the series involved or do you just want me to write about it? Etc, it'll likely be awhile before it starts, because I'll have to watch the episodes I have already again, so I can give accurate summaries and such.

Not the target audience here (because I haven't even watched Dragon Ball Super) but I don't get what you're talking about. Is it going to be like a summary or like an analysis?

Not the target audience here (because I haven't even watched Dragon Ball Super) but I don't get what you're talking about. Is it going to be like a summary or like an analysis?

Kind of a weird mixture of both, I'd sum up how the episodes went, and then put my thoughts on it.

Haven't seen much of Super recently more because something other things getting in the way >x>

But i'd totally be up for a sort of recap of all the episodes for Super if its possible for ya, bro

Oh I'd love to hear your thoughts on the series. I'm a pretty big Dragon Ball fan myself having seen the original and grown up with Z. I have been watching it when new episodes come out and I've got to say people give it alot of crap especially in the weak beginning but its gotten leaps and bounds better as the series has gone on. Part of the problem I think it had was with the first two arcs being literally just a redux of the recent movies so people already knew what was going to happen and the animation wasn't to the quality of the movies (which is to be expected since episodes are released on a weekly schedule).

Don't know if many people on SF would like it but I'm sure there's a few like myself that would like to hear your thoughts and I know there's more out in the big giant sphere of the interwebz that might be interested.

Oh I'd love to hear your thoughts on the series. I'm a pretty big Dragon Ball fan myself having seen the original and grown up with Z. I have been watching it when new episodes come out and I've got to say people give it alot of crap especially in the weak beginning but its gotten leaps and bounds better as the series has gone on. Part of the problem I think it had was with the first two arcs being literally just a redux of the recent movies so people already knew what was going to happen and the animation wasn't to the quality of the movies (which is to be expected since episodes are released on a weekly schedule).

Don't know if many people on SF would like it but I'm sure there's a few like myself that would like to hear your thoughts and I know there's more out in the big giant sphere of the interwebz that might be interested.

Yeah, opinions highly improved when we got to the current arc, the Universe 6 vs Universe 7 tourney has had plenty of great character moments and fights so far.

I'm fine with that. I like hearing opinions on things like this, and I watched the first couple of episodes already. I was hoping to hear more about what other people thought of them, and I was going to wait until all of them came out so I could watch them back to back.