Character comparisons! who do you like more?

thejayeagle

Corrin(m) vs Corrin(f) (avatar): I hate them both, but m!Kamui at least makes the royal gender balance equal, and he doesn't seem to be paired with the sisters in fan material as much as f!Kamui is paired with the brothers.

Kana(m) vs Kana(f) (avatar child): neither, I hate Kanna.

Felicia vs Jakob vs Flora (maid/butler): the least Kamui-centric and has the most character.

Silas vs Sophie vs Xander vs Gunter vs Seigbert vs Peri (cavalier/great knight): none of the above

Hinoka vs Shigure vs Caeldori vs Subaki vs Reina (pegasus/kinshii)

Takumi vs Kiragi vs Setsuna (archer)

Niles vs Nina vs Shura (outlaw): none of the above

Forrest vs Elise vs Dwyver (trabadour): none of the above

Sakura vs Mitama vs Azama (cleric)

Saizo vs Kagero vs Kaze vs Asugi (ninja)

Midori vs Mozu vs Yukimura vs Azura (etc group)

Fuga vs Ryoma vs Hinata vs Hana vs Hisame (swordmasters)

Rhajat vs Hayato vs Orochi vs Izana (mages)

Odin vs Nyx vs Ophelia (dark mages): none of the above

Arthur vs Charlotte vs Rinkah (axe users)

Percy vs Beruka vs Camilla vs Scarlet (wyverns)

Oboro vs Shiro (lancers)

Effie vs Benny vs Ignatius (knights): none

Soliel vs Lazlow vs Selena (mercenaries): none

Kaden vs Selkie vs Veloruia vs Keaton (shifters)

Marth vs Ike vs Lucina vs Robin vs Anna (amiibo/dlc): none

Wow, I apparently don't like a lot of people.

Corrin(m) vs Corrin(f) (avatar): There's very little difference personality-wise, so I go on marriage options and design. Only the male can marry Azura, and while female has better customization, the armor she wears (particularly Nohr Noble) is too fanservice-y and impractical for me to forgive. So...yeah. Male.

Kana(m) vs Kana(f) (avatar child): Very little difference between them either, but I think Fem!Kana's bun is more adorable than M!Kana's shonen hair, plus I see her more often.

Felicia vs Jakob vs Flora (maid/butler): Felicia. I like Flora's character more, but Felicia is just too useful a unit. I don't like Jakob character-wise or unit-wise.

Silas vs Sophie vs Xander vs Gunter vs Seigbert vs Peri (cavalier/great knight): #BestDad.

Hinoka vs Shigure vs Caeldori vs Subaki vs Reina (pegasus/kinshii): Eh, don't care much for them. I think Shigure's got a solid personality and a nice voice, and that's why he wins.

Takumi vs Kiragi vs Setsuna (archer): One of the best in the game, both character-wise and unit-wise.

Niles vs Nina vs Shura (outlaw): Really wish we got to see more of him. As a unit the other two are better, but Shura's the only one who can give me Boots albeit at the cost of his life which is a sacrifice I'm willing to make

Forrest vs Elise vs Dwyver (trabadour): I like Forrest, don't get me wrong--I think he's a great character. But twintails wormed her way into my heart long before he did.

Sakura vs Mitama vs Azama (cleric): I think she's a really unique concept with a well-rounded personality. Shame she's wasted in the second gen.

Saizo vs Kagero vs Kaze vs Asugi (ninja): Saizo is the best of Frederick crossed with the best of Kakashi. It was impossible for me to not love him.

Midori vs Mozu vs Yukimura vs Azura (etc group): I think I've been here long enough for people to know why I like her.

Fuga vs Ryoma vs Hinata vs Hana vs Hisame (swordmasters): Hana's a close second--her design is adorable--but Lobster Bro's Raijinto and personality are too strong for me to ignore.

Rhajat vs Hayato vs Orochi vs Izana (mages): Eugh. I'm not fond of any of them, but troll > don't care > Ricken 2.0 >>> Tharja 2.0 any day.

Odin vs Nyx vs Ophelia (dark mages): Eh, Odin solely because of nostalgia from Awakening. I would have liked Nyx more if she weren't such a jerk, and Ophelia is Odin 2.0 but as a girl.

Arthur vs Charlotte vs Rinkah (axe users): All three are bad units, but Charlotte is more valuable than them because she makes Xander even better. Personality-wise, I really like her; she's definitely got more to her than meets the eye.

Percy vs Beruka vs Camilla vs Scarlet (wyverns): Another group I'm not that invested in, personality-wise. But Camilla is the queen of Conquest as a unit, so she gets my vote.

Oboro vs Shiro (lancers): Really close, I like Shiro a lot. But Oboro is too good a character for me to ignore.

Effie vs Benny vs Ignatius (knights): Benny's such a sweetie~

Soliel vs Lazlow vs Selena (mercenaries): I love seeing how much Inigo has matured since Awakening.

Kaden vs Selkie vs Veloruia vs Keaton (shifters): Fantastic unit in combat, and his personality is really adorable.

Marth vs Ike vs Lucina vs Robin vs Anna (amiibo/dlc): Marth, I guess? I don't care much for any of them tbh...

Avatar: Male Corrin, so you can marry the waifus :rolleyes: But Fem.Corrin is beautiful and has a great design. She was influenced by Camilla to use the leotard.

Avatar's child: Both are annoying. I guess Male Kana because he has access to more DLC classes?

Maid/Butler: Jakob. In a story where the main characters act stupid, others are super nice to everything they see or are comical relief with no depth, people like Jakob, who speaks bluntly, don't give a fuck for overused gimmekicks and disregard if this will hurt other people's precious petty feelings, are great and really shine.

Felicia is a close one, but in reverse to Jakob, as instead of not giving a fuck for other's feelings, with Felicia nobody cares about HER feelings and most of the cast proceed to bash her. This happens so much in real life.

Cavalier: Xander, but only because of design and support convos, because in the story he is terribly written, contradicting his own development in the supports. Gunter is second because of Corrin's backstory. The others are so focused on their gimmekicks (Avel, psycho murderer, being like daddy, protecting Corrin etc...).

Pegasus: Hinoka. Fiery redhead and a beast of a unit. Still need to see Caeldori.

Archer: Takumi. Ironically considering his situation, the only sane member of Hoshido during Conquest as he actively tries to stop Corrin. In Birthright is a really nice person. As a unit, Fuujin Yumi is just broken.

Outlaw: Niles. Just like Jakob, but with more wit. Shura because of backstory. Nina was great with her anger at being at the Deeprealms and Robin Hood acting, but her voyeurism of her dad was non-sense.

Troubadour: Elise. Cheerful and happy and maturing during war. As a unit, easily caps 3 or 4 stats. Dywer because L. I don't like Forrest design, a boy that looks like a shy girl.

Cleric: Sakura. Stays to fight in Conquest 22 when she could have just run away. Learns to fight. Also the only one I used. I bet Azama would join the Holy Trinity of characters that say what they want without a care with Jakob and Niles. I heard he's quite the nihilistic.

Ninja: Kagero. A beast of a unit (she maxed her STR at 21 twice as a tier 1), has a mature story with Saizo and is very hot and the only one who can compete with Camilla. Saizo is second for looking and acting realistically and thus also having funny supports. Kaze is the one I'm using, but he's to blame for Sumeragi's death and his reasons for joining you in Conquest and not questioning you are extremely stupid.

Others: Azura, with reservations. As a unit, Sing is awesome. If she can become a Kinshi, Outlaw or Sniper, she will be good to go too. Cool design, great songs. Storywise, is responsible for the mess in Conquest, slightly better in Birthright and I still need to play Revelations. Midori is second because of Profiteer.

Swordmasters: Hana. Ryoma had 5 levels above her and she still had +2 Str (+6 if you discount Raijinto's passive), +7 SPD and a whooping +10 SKL. I'm glad I continued to train Hana. She ends up much better. She is pretty, I like her clothing and her backstory. Ryoma is boring, he is the goody two-shoes with a lobster armor. Joins you and makes the game boring as well as he can wreck anything.

Mages: Orochi. Funny, troll but also provides excellent backstory. Nice hair. Unique voice as she sometimes speaks in third person.

Dark Mages: Leo. How the heck did you forget him? Good supports, good backstory and even some other stuff, like a crush on Camilla and being embarrassed of his son, at least initially. One of the most complete characters. Odin is a close one, but more for the comical side than depth.

Axe users: Arthur, but to be honest, all 3 of them. Berserker Arthur and Charlotte were decisive in my Hard Conquest, but Arthur is much easier to train and he joins very early and Charlotte joins pretty low and at a much later time. Gold digger with a heart of gold doesn't work for me, much less how the characters can be oblivious to her at base while seeing her wrecking things in battle.

Rinkah is the only natural axe user for most of the game in BR, and mine got pretty strong and I loved her. I think people complain about her because she doesn't have access to Berserker for much more HP and Crit, like Arthur and Charlotte.

Wyvern: Camilla. There's a lot more to her character and background that first appearances and sibling obsession suggests... Also, best unit of Conquest, not even needing a legendary weapon. Percy comes second, because he is another character that gets scarred for the rapid growing of the Deeprealms. Beruka makes absolutely no sense being a Wyvern Rider and a Fighter.

Lancers: Oboro. I thought she was gonna be like Cordelia, obsessed with Takumi, but that is not so. Also has a great voice, and I love her smirk. Still need to get the other one, but in general I love infantry lance wielders.

Knights: Benny. I like his design. As a unit he has the absolute defenses in the game. Got 45 DEF and over 35 RES on him. He didn't get a single SPD point, but who cares with Wary Fighter and this amount of defenses? Effy is good, but it's another character that gets focused too much on "Let's protect X". Didn't play with Ignatius yet.

Mercenaries: Selena, because her personality is unique among the cast, whether you like it or not. Soleil has more comical moments than Laslow and her gimmekick is interesting considering she is not the lesbian interest of the game. If Laslow broke hearts instead of looking like a fool who gets turned down over and over, he would be the winner. He needs lessons with Kaze.

Shifters: Kaden, the only one I played and one of the few (or maybe the only one) who never bashes Felicia and they never have a convo of "getting better, serving better, etc". Narcissistic personality is another thing that makes him stand out.

This is actually pretty fun, I get to hear the opinion of others too.

And here's mine, put in spoiler so I wouldn't bother someone by accident. This is entirely personal preference, so please don't criticize me >_<

Corrin(m) vs Corrin(f) (avatar)

I usually play as F!Corrin, though I think M!Corrin is really, really cool. I, um, like them both, I see a lot of myself in them, such as being kept strictly inside their whole childhood, or is too soft and naive at times, despite being at my mid-twenty already.

Kana(m) vs Kana(f) (avatar child)

I have a soft spot for kids, especially those that I feel close... so... a tie again. I wish my Corrin can have twins.

Felicia vs Jakob vs Flora (maid/butler)

Shamelessly, I like being pampered... so... Jakob, I think. It's kinda hard to decide because I find Felicia very endearing, and I feel for Flora. I couldn't bring myself to attack Flora in the Ice Tribe chapter. She gave me the exact feeling Sakura did at Chapter 6 Conquest.

Silas vs Sophie vs Xander vs Gunter vs Seigbert vs Peri (cavalier/great knight)

Xander > Sophie > Siegbert = Gunter > Peri > Silas

I don't hate Peri, it's perhaps just because I haven't read her supports, I don't know her very well, so forgive me.

Xander because... big brother. I've always wished I had a sibling, yet another soft spot of mine. Sophie is too adorable and the only reason why I tolerate Silas. I used to like Silas a lot, but his support with Camilla and Elise soured my opinion on him heavily. I know it's untrue, but I can't help the feeling that he might want to get close to Corrin to get in Camilla's favor sometimes. Siegbert because Xander. Gunter is a father figure (I don't know how Corrin can S support him, which I never and will never do).

Hinoka >>>>> the others

I love Hinoka and I will be using her no matter how underwhelming she is! Then again, sibling concept bias.

Takumi, despite his hurtful accusation, it makes him feel human, and I love his character development. I do like Setsuna a lot too, I don't find her boring at all. If anything it's only because she's outclassed by Takumi.

Niles vs Nina vs Shura (outlaw)

Shura for his character depth, but I like Nina and Niles.

Forrest vs Elise vs Dwyver (trabadour)

I'm one of the large group of people that is a sucker for Elise's cuteness. And another sibling bias.

Sakura, but Mitama's starry eyes are endearing.

I would say Saizo > Kagero > Kaze > Asugi, though the difference is only a tiny weeny bit. I love all of the ninjas. I must admit that Birthright chapter 15 makes me a bit guilty for placing Kaze third.

Everyone > Yukimura

Hinata > Ryoma > Fuga > Hisame > Hana

I used to like Hana a lot until I read her support with Corrin. It's just plain bad, it feels like they will never be friends.

Ryoma is cool, but his supports are... regrettably, boring (sorry Lobster!).

Orochi. Besides, I never find Rhajat any less creepy since Awakening.

Odin vs Nyx vs Ophelia (dark mages)

Sometimes I feel tired of Odin's colorful remarks, but overall he's one of the characters that I enjoy reading about the most. Still, Ophelia is a cutie, and so is Nyx.

I don't really have a preference, perhaps Arthur because he's fun to read. Rinkah is awesome.

The only exception for my sibling bias is Scarlet. She's, like, super cool! And strong! I can't even convey my feeling when I read about her misery in Conquest.

Oboro vs Shiro (lancers)

I suppose it's a tie, but I lean a bit on Shiro's side. I-I know I might be strongly disagreed with here, but...

Effie vs Benny vs Ignatius (knights)

I admire strong, hard working, and has humongous appetite like Effie. Benny and Ignatius are unexpectedly kind though.

Soliel vs Lazlow vs Selena (mercenaries)

Tbh I don't like Selena very much. I like Soleil, but her overly attachment attitude towards female bothers me a bit. I guess it's Soleil > Lazlow > Selena.

They're all super adorable, I can't pick one D:

Marth vs Ike vs Lucina vs Robin vs Anna (amiibo/dlc)

Lucina > everyone

My choices are somewhat heavily bias towards siblings, but admittedly, I don't particularly dislike any unit.

I'm not done with the game and a couple of characters I haven't seen enough of but I'll give it a shot.

Bold are for the characters I like quite a bit. Aqua color is for the winner of the group.

Corrin(m) vs Corrin(f) (avatar): For me it's a difference of night and day. I do not like male Corrin at all. His design is terrible and makes a game filled with princes with special weapons. Female Corrin is decent and puts balance in the genders and looks better. I don't like he but I like her a lot more than male Corrin.

Kana(m) vs Kana(f) (avatar child): I don't like either really. But I'll say girl cause she looks cuter.

Felicia vs Jakob vs Flora (maid/butler): Flora has the most development and has an interesting personality unlike full moe-gimmick Felicia and rude Jakob. Ironically considering what I expect from maids Flora's design is actually lackluster and much of my like for her is all personality.

Silas vs Sophie vs Xander vs Gunter vs Seigbert vs Peri (cavalier/great knight): These groups for me are oddly placed. There are some that I dislike all of and others I like all of. Which is mainly due to the classes. If only the classes were more diversely spread. But they're not which means my game has no Paladians. (But no shortage of other beasts). I pick Gunter solely due to his wonderful level-up growths. Yes really that's the farthest I could care about any of these. Also Peri is terrible.

Hinoka vs Shigure vs Caeldori vs Subaki vs Reina (pegasus/kinshii): Hinoka is awesome. I really like how she strives to be self-susfissent, rather than rely on her retainers like the other nobles can do. The rest of them don't appeal to me. Reina is also terrible.

Takumi vs Kiragi vs Setsuna (archer): I like Takumi, he's an interesting character and I can feel his insecurities. Setsuna is a nice joke and nothing more. I don't like Kiragi. While I could like his optimist view, when it's coupled with the love of hunting it rubs me the wrong way. It's like there are many joys in life but the thing that's going to give you all these joy and move you is killing animals? He may not be as upfront about it as Reina and Peri (And isn't hunting humans luckily).. but I don't like it. Maybe some of his supports help him out. (Same with Peri. Reina gets very few supports and the bit of it I've read only dug her deeper.)

Niles vs Nina vs Shura (outlaw): I like Niles and Nina. I mainly picked Niles because I know him better.

Forrest vs Elise vs Dwyver (trabadour): Elise is a beast. But really she's awesome. I love her loyality to those close to her and I love how she wants to make peace. I also like the childishness. Really acting childish is fun, I love it myself. I also really like Forrest and the message he sends. But he can't beat Elise. She's the beast.;3

Sakura vs Mitama vs Azama (cleric): Mitama is cute and her personality is humorous enough. I'm not a big Sakura fan. Her personality seems a bit too mary sueish to me at times. Also her name... I think that's probably half the problem with her character. Azama is a jerk.

Saizo vs Kagero vs Kaze vs Asugi (ninja): Kagero is chill. I like her art. Strange art ftw. Kaze is a cool dude. Asugi is a terrible clone that never should have been made, and Saizo gives me no reason to like him.

Midori vs Mozu vs Yukimura vs Azura (etc group): SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY

Fuga vs Ryoma vs Hinata vs Hana vs Hisame (swordmasters): Hana is awesome, I like her devotion and the messages she's trying to send. Hinata is also likeable too. He's sorta an idiot but it's cute.

Rhajat vs Hayato vs Orochi vs Izana (mages): Another group I can't care about. Well Orochi is fine. Rhajat is another terrible clone and Hayato is annoying. If I have to hear him say, "I'm a grown man" one more time I will beat him up and then send him to high school so he can be called a middle schooler by the high school populous. Seriously shut up about it already.

Odin vs Nyx vs Ophelia (dark mages): Odin is awesome. Seriously he does what he wants and what he enjoys and he makes himself into the hero that he wants to be. That's really respectable. And it's awesomely funny too! Ophelia is the same but she doesn't have as much of the charm as Odin does. Probably just because of how Odin Odin is. That said she is cuter though.

Arthur vs Charlotte vs Rinkah (axe users): Rinkah is the best.

Percy vs Beruka vs Camilla vs Scarlet (wyverns): And here is a category where there's no wrong choice. (Well actually there is and his name is Percy. (Well he's not unlikeable but the other wvyerns are more so likeable)) Sometimes Beruka's emotionlessness seems to be more depression than anything. And that itself draws me to her. IT's the same thing with Camilla but in different ways. Camilla is very mysterious and sometimes one wonders if she smothers so much because of her own pain. Scarlet is an awesome rebel who not only can lead people but also has a cool sense of style.

Oboro vs Shiro (lancers): This is even more night and day. Oboro is one of the best characters, one of the most developed and interesting characters in the game. I love how she can be a great fighter, a loyal retainer and yet have an interest in fashion. IT's a good example of a character having girly interests without being shoved into GIRLY FIGHTER. No, she's a girl who happens to fight and have girly interests. It's the type of writing sorely missing. Shiro on the other hand seems like a punk, and not the likeable kind either. He seems like the kind of punk who RUNS UP TO A OBVIOUSLY MUCH STRONGER THAN HIM HERO AND GETS HIMSELF KILLED BECAUSE HE HAS NO BRAINS. And yes I hold that against him. I hold it against him very much.

Effie vs Benny vs Ignatius (knights): I don't like any of these but at least Benny seems sweet. Sadly I am a shallow bunny :<

Soliel vs Lazlow vs Selena (mercenaries): Here is the opposite problem. Too many cool mercenaries. (Although there are more impacted classes... You'll see.) I like them all really. Not a ton but enough. Really they're all cool.

Kaden vs Selkie vs Veloruia vs Keaton (shifters): And here we go. The class grouping that has like all the best characters. Yes I know I'm baised. Kaden is just too cute though. I love his sillehness, his niceness and his vainness. He's so obsessed with pretty things, and himself and himself being pretty that it's just so adorable and like ;w; They're all adorable. Selkie's playfulness. Velouria's design and her loner charm. Keaton's tsundereness. My rev team is going to be filled with shape shifters. What fun.

Marth vs Ike vs Lucina vs Robin vs Anna (amiibo/dlc): Eh I don't have the dlc so I can't care too much. But... I like Anna so her. (Although I like them all.)

I haven't played the ENG version yet (soon!!) so this is all based on JP playthrough:

[spoiler=Spoiler for Length]

Corrin(m) vs Corrin(f) - Not a fan of either but I guess I got attached to the avatar I used, namely through yelling at her bad decisions and the jokes me and my translator would pull at her expense whilst playing.

Kana(m) vs Kana(f) - Again, not really a fan of either. But Male Kana is the one I got and if nothing else his design is cute. They're both bland as all hell, though, and stat-wise I've only ever had one or two decent Kanas (Saizo and Odin-fathered, both with a lot of hard work and favouritism that I'm not sure was worth it.)

Felicia vs Jakob vs Flora - Best design, best personality. If I ever play a dude, I know who I'm marrying first.

Silas vs Sophie vs Xander vs Gunter vs Seigbert vs Peri - Based on design and supports, my onii-chan can't be this cute.

Hinoka vs Shigure vs Caeldori vs Subaki vs Reina - Actual Disney prince and bloodthirsty milf? Yes please. Both have really great designs but Shigure wins out by a bit for that singin' voice and the impending Matt Mercer Lost in Thoughts All Alone cover.

Takumi vs Kiragi vs Setsuna - I would say Setsuna for design since I'm not a huge fan of Takumi's especially in his Live2D model, but he's a big cutie from what I've seen of the localisation. JP I couldn't really care less about him but he's growing on me every day.

Niles vs Nina vs Shura - This one was hard since I love Shura but Niles' design and voice are a bit more appealing to me, and he was a bit more useful to me on Conquest given the supreme favouritism I bestowed upon him and a select few others.

Forrest vs Elise vs Dwyer - cmon it's elise, the most precious girl in all the lands.

Sakura vs Mitama vs Azama - I don't really care about the other two and Sakura is cute I guess?

SAIZO vs Kagero vs Kaze vs Asugi - I'm in love with him.

Midori vs Mozu vs Yukimura vs Azura - Main girl + Dancer utility + Nice supports.

Fuga vs Ryoma vs Hinata vs Hana vs Hisame - that dodgetank powerhouse. Design is, although sound, a bit iffy in my subjective opinion but like Takumi he is growing on me.

Rhajat vs Hayato vs Orochi vs Izana - N/A

Odin vs Nyx vs Ophelia - One-time daughter bias, plus she can be a gotdamn powerhouse.

Arthur vs Charlotte vs Rinkah - Some people complain about her but I somehow made her into the MVP of the Nohrian army who ORKO'd most enemies in Endgame.

Percy vs Beruka vs Camilla vs Scarlet - Tough since I love the lil' Luchador but for some reason although every sense screams for me to dislike Camilla, I just can't. I suppose it's my headcanons and wishful thinking getting the best of me.

Oboro vs Shiro - Little cheese.

Effie vs Benny vs Ignatius - Conquest Earlygame Steamroll.

Soliel vs Lazlow vs Selena - The other two shit me.

Kaden vs Selkie vs Veloruia vs Keaton - :)

Marth vs Ike vs Lucina vs Robin vs Anna - N/A do not own any.

Well that was fun.

Corrin(m) vs Corrin(f) (avatar) - The battle of the worst protagonist in any game I've ever played comes down to a battle of bad hair vs. battle leotard. It's a draw.

Kana(m) vs Kana(f) (avatar child) - "Hey Steve, let's make another Morgan but remove anything that made that character interesting and charming!" - "Fucking genius, Frank!"

Felicia vs Jakob vs Flora (maid/butler) - Flora is one of the best characters in the game. Good backstory (that she doesn't forget unlike her sister), lots of really sad lines that tug at my heartstrings.

Silas vs Sophie vs Xander vs Gunter vs Seigbert vs Peri (cavalier/great knight) - I'd say Xander for his great supports, but the guy is still the stupidest major character in the game, and for that he can never be one of my favorites in anything. The other ones are fairly bland, save for Gunter's support C-A supports with Corrin, but it's not enough to stand out.

Hinoka vs Shigure vs Caeldori vs Subaki vs Reina (pegasus/kinshii) - Bland, bland, bland, bland and bland. No wonder I don't use Pegasus Knights in this game.

Takumi vs Kiragi vs Setsuna (archer) - One of the best characters in the series.

Niles vs Nina vs Shura (outlaw) - I prefer both Shura and Nina's designs, but Niles is pretty funny and ocassionally rather sweet; his conversation with Leo in the Halloween DLC is probably the best piece of writing in the game.

Forrest vs Elise vs Dwyver (trabadour) - I mean, uh...I guess Foleo but I still find him rather dull.

Sakura vs Mitama vs Azama (cleric) - Staff staff~

Saizo vs Kagero vs Kaze vs Asugi (ninja) - Overall solid supports and a nice role in the main story even if it's minor. Definitely the character that surprised me the most.

Midori vs Mozu vs Yukimura vs Azura (etc group) - Solid supports, but I can't get over the fact that she looks like she's missing parts of her eyebrows.

Fuga vs Ryoma vs Hinata vs Hana vs Hisame (swordmasters) - I don't care about anyone here~.

Rhajat vs Hayato vs Orochi vs Izana (mages) - Who? I haven't used any of these characters in any of my runs.

Odin vs Nyx vs Ophelia (dark mages) - I prefer Owain, but Odin's pretty funny too, and his serious moments are always written well.

Arthur vs Charlotte vs Rinkah (axe users) - Surprising amount of depth and nice supports.

Percy vs Beruka vs Camilla vs Scarlet (wyverns) - There are no winners here; Crimson might've stood a chance if the game didn't decide to flip her off at every given opportunity.

Oboro vs Shiro (lancers) - Now that you put them next to each other, I realize why I like this class so much. Solid supports and characterization, great designs, great units. Too bad Shinonome is a child unit, but hey, I'm glad they weren't all wasted characters.

Effie vs Benny vs Ignatius (knights) - Beautiful cinnamon roll too sweet for this earth, too pure.

Soliel vs Lazlow vs Selena (mercenaries) - Amazing character development and great supports. Why he decided to side with the obviously evil side, I don't know, but hey, character development.

Kaden vs Selkie vs Veloruia vs Keaton (shifters) - 100% unadulterated bias. That and her design is the best in the game.

Marth vs Ike vs Lucina vs Robin vs Anna (amiibo/dlc) - I CHALLENGE MY FATE!

I haven't played the game yet as a european but here's my opinion based off supports I've read and 4koma.

This one is iffy because they are both the same character that said I do like femui's design slightly more

I've never really liked male kana female kana is just so cute

Flora has a really cool personal skill and is rather interesting as a character shame that she is a kamuisexual but that just makes her a better waifu choice

Silas is probably my favourite of these options because Xander is just not interesting to me, Gunther is a Jaegen who I would abandon first chance I got. Seigbert suffers from me not caring much for the 2nd gen, Sophie is far too cynthia-like and Peri is Peri.

I dislike every pegasus knight in this game for one reason or another.

He is such a great scapegoat

Nina is weird and suffers from being a child and Shura is a male kamuisexual so I don't care for either of them

Because why not?

Mitama is weird, Sakura is meh and azama is actually pretty funny

That strength growth.

Despite how useful Azura is I just feel there was so much potential lost so I will go with my favourite villager because she is adorable.

Praise our lobster lord.

This is a case of the best of the worst

Because Odin is actually somewhat bearable compared to awakening

Praise our hero arthur what can you not like about him. (well except his luck stat.)

She should probably be a ninja but thats okay she is cool.

Oboro vs Shiro (lancers)

So only two options? well I don't know anything about Shiro because child.

He should so have a unique sprite for great knight where his mount is a bear.

Although Selena is less of a bitch in this game I still hate her because of awakening.

He is great.

I can actually get one of these in my game so thats my answer

Corrin(m) vs Corrin(f) (avatar) - I like them both equally and think they are both neat design-wise.

Kana(m) vs Kana(f) (avatar child) - She's cuter and doesn't have the irritating voice crack in her crits

Felicia vs Jakob vs Flora (maid/butler) - I just think Flora is just a traitor if you choose Birthright and Jakob is a diluted version of Azama in his supports.

Silas vs Sophie vs Xander vs Gunter vs Seigbert vs Peri (cavalier/great knight) - at first I hated her: Her design was cluttered and she was just irritating. Then I grew to really like her and use her all the time. She's a really good unit if you put some work into her and her localized VA is much easier on the ears.

Hinoka vs Shigure vs Caeldori vs Subaki vs Reina (pegasus/kinshi) - not that fussed on any of them, however I prefer Reina's design the most, but irritated that they pretty much made her Henry's mom.

Takumi vs Kiragi vs Setsuna (archer) - this is purely off personality. I just love the fact that she probably wouldn't give a second thought about whipping a bong out in the middle of battle and smoking some of Midori's supplies if she was bored.

Niles vs Nina vs Shura (outlaw) - Love her design, finally a character with plaits! Her localized VA is also nice, wish she'd kept the name Éponine though

Forrest vs Elise vs Dwyer (troubadour) - He's stunning, we're dead. He's just perfect and is so much better than Elise, who is irritating af, and Dwyer, who is just a stoner with a personal skill that stinks.

Sakura vs Mitama vs Azama (cleric) - PROTECT HER!!!

Saizo vs Kagero vs Kaze vs Asugi (ninja) - if you haven't noticed already, I kinda gravitate towards the female characters in the game. I think that Kagero is pretty cool and her backstory is admirable too - taking the place of her sickly brother to fight.

Midori vs Mozu vs Yukimura vs Azura (etc group) - The killager strikes! Seriously though, she's like Donnel on roids.

Fuga vs Ryoma vs Hinata vs Hana vs Hisame (swordmasters) - No one can not love Lobster Samurai and his near-guaranteed Crit rates (Hana is a close second though)

Rhajat vs Hayato vs Orochi vs Izana (mages) - Both Rhajat and Hayato are basically Tharja and Ricken, and Izana is too wild. Although I don't particularly like her, Orochi is the most bearable out of the four

Odin vs Nyx vs Ophelia (dark mages) - I love her design, she just looks so cute! Pretty good unit as well

Arthur vs Charlotte vs Rinkah (axe users) - hopeless hero ever looking to find LADY JUSTIIICE!

Percy vs Beruka vs Camilla vs Scarlet (wyverns) - I still cry about why she can't support with Ryoma :'(

Oboro vs Shiro (lancers) - By far the best Hoshidan kid both on the battlefield and by personality.

Effie vs Benny vs Ignatius (knights) - You've gotta love him and his charm

Soliel vs Laslow vs Selena (mercenaries) - chose her because I dislike all 3 - Selena is a brat and Soleil should be the lesbian character (which I would be down for). I don't dislike him, but Laslow really lost his personality that he had in Awakening.

Kaden vs Selkie vs Veloruia vs Keaton (shifters) - He's just...perfect

Marth vs Ike vs Lucina vs Robin vs Anna (amiibo/dlc) - Don't really have an opinion, but would have to say Lucina bc of the music

Spoiler Alert: I fangirl over a certain child unit who is absolutely the cutest gem in the whole wide world.

1: Male Corrin. I'm a guy, and it's relatively simple for me to just make him look like me and be done with it. Female avatar takes years to do...

2: Female Kana. Since she was the first Kana I got, she kinda grew on me much more than M!Kana ever could. Plus shes cute anyways.

3: Felicia/Flora. Can I pick between two great maids, no not really. I like them both, though if you looked at my current file, you'd think I liked Felicia more. But I just don't like Jakob.

4. Peri. She's... cute. In her own bloodsoaked way. In fact I was originally going to marry her, but then she waited until the very last moment to join, long after I married Felicia. Silas is kinda boring to me, Sophie I haven't recruited yet, Xander I feel is just another royalty character in a nutshell, and I don't have Siegbert but I feel like he would be more of Xander. Gunter is a useless Jagan to me.

5. Hinoka. Her being one of the best characters on my file is one thing, but being of royalty and still feeling so alive puts her among my favorite characters in the game, when she already had my eye since she was first revealed. Still haven't gotten Shigure. Subaki sometimes get to be a bit annoying in his perfectionist focused ways, also he can't really keep up with Hinoka in stats. Caeldori I want to like, but I just get way too many Cordelia vibes from her. I shelved Reina long ago, so I barely even know her character.

6. Honestly, none of them. Takumi sometimes comes off as too big a *bleep*, Kiragi I've not gotten much time to play around with so all I really know about him is that the world is awesome, and Setsuna, while I like her the most out of the archers, she just doesn't have the power that I wanted from her.

7. Nina. She's entertaining to watch, but also I don't really have much interaction with Shura and Niles.

8. Elise and Dwyer. Dwyer is just entertaining all around with some of the best combat quotes I will ever hear, but Elise, like Hinoka, is so lively despite being of royalty while also having my eye since the beginning, also she is another favorite. coincidentally, she is also one of the stronger units on my team. Don't know about Forrest yet, but she certainly looks intriguing.

9. Kaze, simply because he's been useful. The only thief I don't have a negative opinion about is Asugi, and only because I can't get him on my save file.

10. Mozu. The killager is very entertaining in many ways. I like Azura to, but I don't use her often enough for her to keep up with the group (and also that defense growth doesn't exist). Midori and Yukimura I don't have yet.

11. Really none of them. Fuga is chill, but I don't really use him. Hinata I dropped the second it became evident he would never be fast, Hana I stopped using as often when it became evident she would never grow in defense, and Hisame I've not really used that often. Ryoma just feels like more royalty fodder.

12. Rhajat, largely because she is so Tharja that it's entertaining. Hayato and Orochi, while I like both of them, fall flat in a stat the other excells in where some of my other units trump both of them. Izana is kinda dead in Revelations, so...

13. Owain is so entertaining to watch, it's a shame he's kinda bland as an actual unit. Nyx I really want to like, but then she didn't get any boosts to her defense. Ophelia looks promising, like a lot more Owain. It'll make recruiting her more entertaining maybe.

14. Both Arthur and Charlotte. Arthur is the greatest ally of justice ever and has the power to prove it, and Charlotte is a cute little button who will murder you deader than the last guy and then eat your heart raw. Rinkah at this point is a lost cause to me.

15. Scarlet, but really because of her personality. I didn't even get to use her before she was killed off in Revelations. Camilla has her... charms, but shes a little too... charming. Beruka I want to like, but she fell short too early. Percy I've yet to get.

16. Oboro. Shes powerful and an entertaining unit.. Shiro kinda rubs me the wrong way.

17. Benny. He just doesn't die, and thanks to a little gift from another castle, he heals off all the damage he just took. Plus he's a big ol teddy bear. Kinda like me! Effie is awesome in so many ways, it's just a shame that I can't use more units to let her battle more often. Ignatius is... not being used because I need to train him up and then get him Wary Fighter as soon as possible, which I haven't taken the time to do yet.

18. None. Lazlow and Selena I have fond memories of in Awakening, but here I've not seen much of them. Soleli I've seen nothing of yet.

19. Selkie. She is easily the greatest child unit in the game because AAASOCUTEAAAAAASOPLAYFULAAAAAAASOPOWERFULAAAAAAAAAASOCUUUUUUTTTEEEEEEE. I'm reminded so much of Nowi to, so maybe that's why I like her so much? But I like all 4 beast units. Kaden and Keaton are both fun to watch (Keaton the Tsundere especially), and Velouria is more of Keaton.

20. Anna. I don't have any fire emblem amiibos, so my options are a little shallow. Which isn't a bad thing, because Anna is still very entertaining.

Edited by Xenomata

Corrin(m) vs Corrin(f) (avatar): giving an edge to female Corrin simply because I can marry my favorite characters via her

Kana(m) vs Kana(f) (avatar child): I don't like either of them but I guess I have to vote for the son considering I play as female Corrin all the time

Felicia vs Jakob vs Flora (maid/butler): He's been with me since the beginning, and he's a pretty good Jagen, even though he ends up being inferior to almost everyone else in the army for me. Flora is pretty good too.

Silas vs Sophie vs Xander vs Gunter vs Seigbert vs Peri (cavalier/great knight): I'm not overly satisfied with how they handled him in the story, otherwise he's great all around. Grandpa comes in second.

Hinoka vs Shigure vs Caeldori vs Subaki vs Reina (pegasus/kinshii): that he's voiced by Matt Mercer gives him an advantage over anyone else in this group (can't wait to hear him sing in the new DLC).

Takumi vs Kiragi vs Setsuna (archer): easy pick, and I don't really care for the other 2.

Niles vs Nina vs Shura (outlaw): I like all 3 but Niles is one of my favorite characters in the game.

Forrest vs Elise vs Dwyer (troubadour): I have a bias for Nohr siblings, and I don't care about most of the kids.

Sakura vs Mitama vs Azama (cleric): I don't dislike Azama like I used to, but I guess I still like Sakura the most out of the bunch.

Saizo vs Kagero vs Kaze vs Asugi (ninja): Best Hoshido character hands down.

Midori vs Mozu vs Yukimura vs Azura (etc group): She's pretty sweet.

Fuga vs Ryoma vs Hinata vs Hana vs Hisame (swordmasters): Most broken unit in the game.

Rhajat vs Hayato vs Orochi vs Izana (mages): He entertains me more than the others.

Odin vs Leo vs Nyx vs Ophelia (dark mages): Also one of my favorite Fates characters. Nyx comes in second.

Arthur vs Charlotte vs Rinkah (axe users): Enjoyable supports, one of my favorite Fates gals. Followed closely by Arthur.

Percy vs Beruka vs Camilla vs Scarlet (wyverns): Like I said, Nohr siblings bias. And she's such a great unit. Beruka is great too.

Oboro vs Shiro (lancers): Both are good but I want to pick one only, and he's by far the best kid in the game, imo.

Effie vs Benny vs Ignatius (knights): I picked this based on their personality. As a unit, I only use Effie so I can't judge the other 2.

Soliel vs Laslow vs Selena (mercenaries): He has a bunch of good supports. I hated that they put him (and the 2 other Awakening kids) in this game at first, but he surprised me.

Kaden vs Selkie vs Velouria vs Keaton (shifters): He's the most charming of this bunch, though admittedly I haven't read a lot of things about the other 3.

Marth vs Ike vs Lucina vs Robin vs Anna (amiibo/dlc): I don't own any amiibos and I have no idea how they are as units, so I just pick who I like best as a Lord. Marth is a close second.

Edited by RidellCrimea

Laslow has to be one of my favorite characters. He's a generally fun-loving guy, and a heartthrob of unrequited love. His daughter Soleil is the same way, and I'm disappointed that she wasn't the bisexual character instead of Rhajat.

And while it's still fresh in my mind, Rhajat is a generally disappointing character for me. Her paralogue wasn't the best. It's just "Demon Worship Gone Wrong: the Quest." She seems like a generally one-dimensional character. Obsessed with dark magic and almost yandere for Corrin, but not much else. Orochi seems like the much better choice, due to her more in-depth supports.

Just as a disclaimer, I'm one of those garbage hipster scum that has done no marriage playthroughs almost exclusively, so I won't be comparing most of the children.

I'll leave it in a spoiler

Corrin(m) vs Corrin(f) (avatar) - Meh, I think to me it's telling that I don't use this character for a good 9 chapters until I have to.

Felicia vs Jakob vs Flora (maid/butler) - Didn't like Corrin before it was cool, Takumi. She also doesn't have a single poor support (out of all 3 of them). A shame that she got screwed over by the route split and MyCastle features. Flora X A Happy Life OTP(that's how these things work right?)

Gameplay wise it's between Felicia and Jakob mostly because of availability and that they can get lv 15 promotion skills so early. I think that while Jakob might just be better because paladin/great knight compliment Jakob, I like debating whether or not Hero Felicia or Maid Felicia is better for her in regards to early game growths. I get that oni chieftain is amazing for Felicia and obviously the best choice, but that can only happen via marriage.

Silas vs Xander vs Gunter vs Peri (cavalier/great knight) - It was a toss up between Xander and Gunter but,

Xander: "You should know that I'm always on your side. Nothing could ever change that."

Corrin: "Okay well we might have to kill Garon..."

Xander: "U WOT M8?"

Gameplay wise, I like how gunter can be a non staff utility unit between shelter and rally defense if you switch him to wyvern lord

Hinoka vs Subaki vs Reina (pegasus/kinshii) - Don't really have much to say here

Takumi vs Setsuna (archer) - From only the limited stuff from the DLC conversations, I like Takumi enough to make this call.

Niles vs Shura (outlaw) - I like them about the same, but being able to capture generics means he is a must on my iron man runs and actually made me try iron man runs in the first place.

Sakura vs Azama (cleric) - I like her design. I still have yet to find the phrase "Staff staff~" yet but I will find it.

Saizo vs Kagero vs Kaze (ninja) - Haven't really experienced the other two so not a fair comparison. I will say that I do like how most of his supports seem to bring a different tone to most of the characters in conquest, it's kind of hard for me to describe :(.

Mozu vs Yukimura vs Azura (etc group) - Like her supports so far

Fuga vs Ryoma vs Hinata vs Hana vs Hisameme vs Odin (swordmasters) - I think his theatrics are fitting all things considered.

Hayato vs Orochi vs Izana (mages) - Haven't really delved into any of these characters yet

Leo vs Odin vs Nyx(dark mages) - Nice character. I like how Leo has an understanding of intrigue. One of these days, I will use Nyx. I promise.

Arthur vs Charlotte vs Rinkah (axe users) - Kind of like them about the same here.

Elise vs Beruka vs Camilla vs Scarlet (wyverns) - Ultimately indifferent but I think Maligknight Elise >> Maligknight Camilla in both design and gameplay. Scarlet seems like a cool cat, I have yet to really read up on her though and Intelligent Systems doesn't like her from what I can tell.

Oboro vs Haitaka(lancers) - Really close. I was wondering if I would have been curious enough about this character to learn more if she had not been really popular, and I think the her conversation with Corrin in conquest chapter 10 along with her personal skill was what got me interested.

Effie vs Benny - Benny's got your back if your Effie ends up terrible gameplaywise. Also a fine example of the Cinnarollum Verum.

Lazlow vs Selena (mercenaries) - I like them both

Kaden vs Selkie vs Veloruia vs Keaton (shifters) - So this one is strictly based on design and I really like Velouria's theme.

Marth vs Ike vs Lucina vs Robin vs Anna (amiibo/dlc):

Not really going to be using any of these ever and the amiibo kind of just seems like day 1 dlc which I don't like, but it's nice to see the characters make an appearance regardless.

Flora is one of the best characters in the game. Good backstory (that she doesn't forget unlike her sister), lots of really sad lines that tug at my heartstrings.

I was under the impression that Flora never told Felicia growing up from her boss dialogue. It would make sense since she's viewed as being protective of Felicia and would be the good intention behind bottling everything up. It's not really clear when Felicia learns of her upbringing (I think the Felicia & Niles A support can only happen after Flora is involved in the story). I guess Felicia could have just forgotten.

Corrin(m) vs Corrin(f) (avatar): They're both awful, but female Corrin is at least a nice ass bouncing around. Male Corrin is just ugly and looks like he has Downs. That and female Corrin is just better gameplay wise, so there's no reason to ever choose a male Corrin.

Kana(m) vs Kana(f) (avatar child): I don't like either of them but the female child isn't at least ugly like the male child.

Felicia vs Jakob vs Flora (maid/butler): She's the only one that doesn't fellate Corrin and doesn't have a shit personality so she wins by default. But she has an interesting story, even if it's executed poorly.

Silas vs Sophie vs Xander vs Gunter vs Seigbert vs Peri (cavalier/great knight): Silas is a really badly done version of the "childhood friend" trope and Sophie is boring. Xander is inconsistently written and a total hypocrite so fuck him. Siegbert is kind of a weiner and Peri is basically an IS staff member's 13 year old kid's deviant art character, except she also harms Xander's character as well as the people she supports with. Gunter is actually cool and a Jagen so he's awesome.

Hinoka vs Shigure vs Caeldori vs Subaki vs Reina (pegasus/kinshii): All of them bore me to death, though I hate Caeldori the most because I hated Cordelia and I hate the awakening expies on principle.

Takumi vs Kiragi vs Setsuna (archer): Only one of the three of the group that's any good personality wise and he's the only royal that doesn't fellate Corrin or enable their retardation.

Niles vs Nina vs Shura (outlaw): Niles is cool and all but I find him a bit overrated and it seems some people give him more points soley because he's the gay option. Shura is pretty cool, with a nice personality and backstory and he's a fun and flexible unit to use. He also has the whole scruffy design that I like and that's rare among the cast plus he's one of the few older characters in the cast.

Forrest vs Elise vs Dwyer (troubadour): I don't care about the kids, though I don' t really like Elise.

Sakura vs Mitama vs Azama (cleric): The other two have shit personalities and I do like how Sakura is willing to shoot Corrin in the face if they invade her homeland. She's not a doormat.

Saizo vs Kagero vs Kaze vs Asugi (ninja): He has a good personality, he has his own backstory and independent goals and motivations, and his sidestory is actually touched upon in the main plot. He could fit in well in an FE with a much better cast than this. Kagero is ok, if a bit dry. Kaze is just husbando bait, has no personality, and is way too defined by Avatar worship. Asugi is just repellent and an Awakening expy so fuck him.

Midori vs Mozu vs Yukimura vs Azura (etc group): Mozu isn't pedobait like Midori nor is she shit like Azura. I forget Yukimura exists half the time so...

Fuga vs Ryoma vs Hinata vs Hana vs Hisame (swordmasters): It's nice to see a character that puts his foot in his mouth constantly but is still pretty likeable.

Rhajat vs Hayato vs Orochi vs Izana (mages): You know when Anna was announced as a playable unit back when Awakening was about to be released, I expected her personality to basically be like Orochi's. Orochi is pretty much Deneb from the Ogre Battle series and Deneb is a lot of fun, so she gets my vote.

Odin vs Leo vs Nyx vs Ophelia (dark mages): Leo because he's not a fucking chunni like Odin and Ophelia (seriously why does this trope exist in Fire Emblem) and out of the Nohr siblings, he's the one that enables Corrin the least and doesn't treat them like a giant baby.

Arthur vs Charlotte vs Rinkah (axe users): Rinkah's pretty cool and I like Arthur ok, but Charlotte is the most entertaining.

Percy vs Beruka vs Camilla vs Scarlet (wyverns): Beruka's a pretty well done version of her archetype and she's pretty cute too. Percy sounds like a bad Mickey Mouse impersonator. Scarlet is cool but horribly used in the plot. And Camilla is nothing but fanservice and has a shit personality to boot. I don't hate her, but I am extremely disappointed in her since we could've had a more plot critical Palla or Juno in the game.

Oboro vs Shiro (lancers): I like them both, but I guess I prefer Shiro's chill and laidback attitude in a game full of hams.

Effie vs Benny vs Ignatius (knights): He's a terrible unit but Effie's personality and voice is shit and Ignatius is completely unmemorable to me.

Soliel vs Laslow vs Selena (mercenaries): Selena because she's a lot more like Shinon in this game and probably the closest we're going to get to him. Laslow is funny though because he sounds like the evil dean from Pieces; he always sounds like he wants to dismember women to make a human jigsaw puzzle, not take them out to tea. Or if he does take them out to tea, then at least drug them first. Soliel is just awful in every single way.

Kaden vs Selkie vs Velouria vs Keaton (shifters): I like foxes and Kaden isn't mentally handicapped like Selkie so he wins.

Marth vs Ike vs Lucina vs Robin vs Anna (amiibo/dlc): Marth because I like Akaneia the most out of all the FE settings.

Corrin (m) even in Smash. Fight me!

Kana(f).

Flora. I liked Jakob till i found out he was an ass to almost everyone. Felicia is cool with me.

Silas barely over Xander

Hinoka and her bright shiny red hair

Takumi easily. Setsuna is forgettable and nvr used Kiragi before.

Im probably the lone wolf to say Shura. I found him so much useful then Niles. Havent used Nina

Elise > Dwyer only bc she is more useful. I find both funny tho.

Sakura. Idc about the other two tbh

Kaze is my bro. But Saizo is more then meets the eye. LIke both very much

Mozu. Everyone likes her, even Saizo.

Idk why but i like Hinata the most. Ryoma might the best swordmaster but Hinata always seemed to pull his weight around. And i can relate to him, aside from the lil bit of smelling.

I guess Hayato bc of "goodbye". dont care about the others.

I love Odin. He has no chill when it comes to his chunnibyo. I also have a recent fondness of Nyx.

Arthur and his heroism always makes me smile a bit. Charlotte was forgettable till i paired her up with Saizo and omg their support conversations are so funny. Rinkah is forgettable.

Beruka is my waifu. i feel so bad for scarlet being canon fodder in 2 of the storylines. Camilla was great in my Conquest playthrough. Havent used Percy yet.

Oboro vs Shiro (lancers)

I cant pick. Oboro been good to me everytime i use her and i like her character. I also really like Shiro's character. Hes chill and mature.

Benny all the way. I found Benny so much more useful then Effie and you cant dislike his character.

Soliel. I dont see why people dont like her. I found her supports with Forrest just so cute. From what i heard i thought she despised him for who he was but instead they were very supportive of eachother. Lazlow is also another cool dude. Just never found him useful aside from his rallies. I did marry Selena in one playthrough and that was about it.

Keaton easily. Hes carried me in both on and offline.

I like Robin. He/she is cool. He/she likes to tip the scales. I play Red Robin btw.

Edit: The more i read everyone elses posts, the more i sound like a rebel.

Edited by PizzaRice

Corrin(m) vs Corrin(f) (avatar) - Female, I guess?? Amazing unit, not so great as a character. I do love using male Corrin in Smash, though, and they were actually my ballot vote due to the moveset potential.

Kana(m) vs Kana(f) (avatar child) - Male Kana, though I can't say I'm really fond of Kana in general.

Felicia vs Jakob vs Flora (maid/butler) - Flora>Felicia>>>>Jakob

Silas vs Sophie vs Xander vs Gunter vs Seigbert vs Peri (cavalier/great knight) - Silas=Sophie> Siegbert>Xander>Gunter>>>>>>> ew Peri

Hinoka vs Shigure vs Caeldori vs Subaki vs Reina (pegasus/kinshii) - Shigure > Hinoka> Reina >>>>> Subaki/Caeldori (never was fond of Cordelia, so having two of them in this game was overkill for me)

Takumi vs Kiragi vs Setsuna (archer) - I love Takumi and Kiragi. Setsuna is one of the few Birthright characters I can tolerate, plus she's funny occasionaly.

Niles vs Nina vs Shura (outlaw) - Shura. The other two creep me out.

Forrest vs Elise vs Dwyver (trabadour) - None of these are among my favorites but I'll go Elise> Forrest>Dwyer.

Sakura vs Mitama vs Azama (cleric) - Mitama is in first place. I honestly didn't expect to like her that much, but she's a great unit (especially with Effie as her mom). Sakura is alright. I don't care much for Azama.

Saizo vs Kagero vs Kaze vs Asugi (ninja) - Kaze (One of my fave characters), then Saizo, Asugi and Kagero. I actually like all of the ninjas.

Midori vs Mozu vs Yukimura vs Azura (etc group) - Midori (daughter bias)>Mozu>Azura>Yukimura(never recruited him since I didn't play past chp 12)

Fuga vs Ryoma vs Hinata vs Hana vs Hisame (swordmasters) - Hinata since I married him in Revelations. He's a crit machine and a looker. From there it's Hisame>Ryoma>>>Fuga>>>>>> Hana.

Rhajat vs Hayato vs Orochi vs Izana (mages) - Orochi is the most tolerable for me.

Odin vs Nyx vs Ophelia (dark mages) - Ophelia, but only because she's a great unit.

Arthur vs Charlotte vs Rinkah (axe users) - Charlotte. I find her antics amusing, even if she can be too harsh. Don't really care for Arthur and I don't like Rinkah at all.

Percy vs Beruka vs Camilla vs Scarlet (wyverns) - I don't have any strong feelings towards any of the Wyvern Riders this time around, but I'll give Scarlet first place here.

Oboro vs Shiro (lancers) - Shiro, easily. He's one of my favorite characters. I'm not fond of Oboro at all for a multitude of reasons.

Effie vs Benny vs Ignatius (knights) - I like them all, but I'd say Benny character-wise and Effie unit-wise

Soliel vs Lazlow vs Selena (mercenaries) - Lazlow. Can't stand Selena.

Kaden vs Selkie vs Veloruia vs Keaton (shifters) - This one's easy. Keaton (official pairing for my avatar) with Velouria close behind. The Kitsunes are pretty cool, too, but the Wolfskins trump them in every aspect. I do like Selkie's design, though.

Marth vs Ike vs Lucina vs Robin vs Anna (DLC/amiibo) - I'm ok with Robin and Marth, neutral on Lucina and Anna, and not a fan of Ike.

Edited by Nimue

I'm just going to explain my reasons on my favorite characters.

Corrin (F)

Kana (M)

Jakob

I love his rude and passionate attitude and his backstory is pretty neat. He has a lot of great supports that show different sides to him (my favorites are all the platonic ones, Corrin, Azura, Nyx, Sakura, Charlotte, Oboro, and Mozu) and he's actually quite logical and self-aware. His looks and voice are quite nice too.

Xander

I tend to love Camus type characters and Xander is no exception! Unfortunately his character in the plot is a mess (I actually read through those discussion threads) but I love how his supports show his love for his family, his struggle with his father, his hidden shy side, and other aspects to him. He's such a great character with so much potential.

Shigure

Takumi

Niles

Elise

Sakura

Kaze

I really love Kaze. At first I didn't really have much of an opinion on him but after reading through his supports and my room lines, I find him a fascinating and personally relatable character. I love his supports and my favorites are with Xander, Azura, Nyx, Saizo, and Corrin. He's such a friendly and kind person but he struggles with so much guilt over what he did in the past to the point that he didn't find meaning in his life until joining Corrin as atonement. He was a ninja without a master, overshadowed by his twin, raised in a system that focused on loyalty to the

country instead of attachments to others (he's the kind of person who's devoted to comrades instead of a nation), and most of all, failed as a ninja in the worst way possible, so despite being happy in peaceful Hoshido, he must have felt pretty empty on the inside. I relate to that a lot (the emptiness part) and I love how he finds new determination and resolve through supporting Corrin and his comrades and helping others. It's inspiring in a way. I also love how there's two sides to his personality. At first he's all formal and polite but when he opens to other characters more, he has this playful teasing attitude and is dang seductive when it comes to romance. My only real problem with him is that while I can understand why he would join Corrin in Conquest, I don't get why he helps them invade Hoshido without even questioning them about it. I guess he just suffers the same problem as Xander and Azura. XD

Azura

I still remember when I saw her for the first time in an early trailer for Fates. She was so mysterious and beautiful and I couldn't help but be a little awed. Her design and voice (I much prefer Japanese but English is good too) are gorgeous and she has great supports. One of my favorites is her one with Keaton because he's trying to get her to show emotions on her face but it's not easy for him and I know how it feels to have difficulty showing emotion.

Ryoma

Orochi

Nyx

Arthur

Camilla

Oboro

Effie

Laslow

Keaton

Lucina

Edited by rexcalibur

Female Corrin because I've never used the male one.I like both designs, but I think i like feMu's a little better. I don't know much about the personality of MaMU, but i do like the femu's personality.

I think I like male Kana more, but that's mainly because I haven't used the MaMu in fates, so I haven't gotten FeKanna. I really dislike M!Kana's voice, but since I haven't really used him, I don't have a good idea of his personality.

Jakob, I haven't used any of the others. Jakob is super useful early game, but as time goes on, he gets less and less useful. Like lots of other Nohrians, Jakob has purple eyes wihich helps contrast against his whitish hair. His supports are pretty funny, so is his S-support with FeMu. Imo.

Probably Xander mainly for Seigfreid. But I haven't really used any of the cavaliers in fates.

Subaki. Subaki was fun go use as a male pegasus knight, and in my Hoshido playthroughs hes a staple for my team. Stat wise I Like is good defense and strength, making him a little bulkier than hinoka. Personality reminds me of Cordelia but he's overall more amusing in my opinion.

#CritKumi for the win. His design is pretty cool, and he's pretty much the first archer I actually liked using. His fujin bow makes him even better, his personality is one of the cooler ones in fates (IMO) and his supports with leo are hilarious.

No opinion, I haven't used any of them to any great extent or at all.

Forrest vs Elise vs Dwyver (troubadour)

I liked Elise, never used Dwyer or Forrest. I dislike her lack of defense, but she has really good speed and magic ensuring that she pretty much kills what ever it is she's fighting. She has a really cute personality. I Like her design.

Sakura for almost the same reasons as Elise. I do like how Sakura feels more rounded with her stats though.

Kaze, I like his personality better than Saizo, and his high speed and res are nice. He does have minor defense problems though, but can probably be reclassed to get rid of it. Asugi comes in second since he's clearly gauis in disguise.

Azura for her singing mechanic, but i guess I don't really use any of them in the later game.

Lobster brother wins by far. He was the only one of those guys I actually used, largely for his Rajinto, but his good speed doesn't hurt.

Hayato, largely because he reminds me of a more arrogant Ricken, who was part of my main team in Awakening. Since I'm using Odin, Leo, Sakura, and Elise as magic wielding classes, I don't use him as much in Revelations, but his better defense and speed are really nice. He is somewhat cold in the my room if you marry him though.

Owain the scion of Legend returns! I hated that you got him as a lvl 12 in Revelations. He was also hard to keep alive in Hidden Truths. He is fun to use though.

never used any of them

Probably Camilla since I haven't used any of the others. Scarlet was pretty cool as well though.

Oboro vs Shiro (lancers)

Didn't really use any of them

Never used them, though Benny would be my favorite because of Elise calling him a teddy bear

Laslow, hands down. I really disliked Severa in Awakening, and I haven't used Soleil yet. Laslow is really useful with his rally, and over all his stats seem to be fairly balanced, lacking res and magic as most non-magic users do. He seems to have a medium to high speed, but he has pretty high skill, and strength that has yet to cap. Personality, I like how he seems to have matured since Awakening, and many of his supports are really awesome especially with the Awakening context.

Kaden because of how useful he was from the moment you get him. It was nice, and he had a funny personality. I haven't really used any of the others though.

Probably Lucina since I like the great lord class, and Lucina aether spams in Awakening. I don't have any of them though.