The cousincest issue with kids

Pretty_Handsome

You're morally opposed to fictional characters marrying because they share 12.5% of their fictional DNA, in the same game where a 9-year-old girl can be impregnated and no one bats an eyelash.

Yes and I'm still against Elise having kids at 12.

First Cousins in this time period/setting marrying eachother is not a far fetched idea at all. It happened quite often, whether it was because they truly fell in love, wanted to keep the bloodline "pure" or whatever. I dont think this is so much IS pandering, as it is keeping a little more accurate to the time. I was in no way shocked, or disgusted by Corrin and Azura being able to marry each other even though they are cousins. Especially in Royal families it was common for this to happen for the same reason I stated before. To keep the bloodline "pure". Was that Corrin and Azura's idea behind it, probably not, but its not like it is out of place for the time period. Its the same thing for being able to marry Elise and Sakura. By the age of 14 it was completely acceptable to marry someone. Often times, especially if they were royalty, they were married of to rich dukes or lords that were much older than them.

So long story short, it isnt a crazy idea meant for pandering to the incest crowd, it is something that is actually accurate to the time period. Same with being able to marry Elise and Sakura. If you have a problem with it, just dont do it. It isnt that hard, its optional.

Edited by Tolvir

According to the timeline, Elise has to be at least 10 - 14. She does not have memories of a life before Corrin/Corrin's kidnappings, while Sakura does. Sakura is most likely older, 15-16.

Thank you for the information, and I apologize for my ignorance. I had not seen/didn't remember when that was said, so I just assumed that it meant modern ages.

Welllllllllllll, it's weird. But in the context of a fictional game, royalty has a history of marrying cousins.

But there's ways to avoid so whatever floats your boat.