Worst Mother For Every Child?

FireRuby14

Orochi and Felicia come to mind because they are pretty much forced to be with certain males. Felicia ruins other children who are not named Ophelia, Dwyer (maybe), Nina (Shining Bow!Nina) and Forrest. She HAS to be the parent of magic-based children. Mitama is the exception because she is actually a physical unit in the guise of a healer.

Orochi is a god-awful mother to every child except Ophelia and Rhajat. Unfortunately, in my newest Revelation file, poor Dwyer had to suffer the consequences of having Orochi as his mother. Even though his magic is good, he's very slow. =/

She's not terrible for Asugi. His Speed Growth will be 50% as a Ninja and he can use the Flame Shuriken pretty well.

Orochi and Felicia come to mind because they are pretty much forced to be with certain males. Felicia ruins other children who are not named Ophelia, Dwyer (maybe), Nina (Shining Bow!Nina) and Forrest. She HAS to be the parent of magic-based children. Mitama is the exception because she is actually a physical unit in the guise of a healer.

Orochi is a god-awful mother to every child except Ophelia and Rhajat. Unfortunately, in my newest Revelation file, poor Dwyer had to suffer the consequences of having Orochi as his mother. Even though his magic is good, he's very slow. =/

Orochi is an okay mother to Asugi. He gets a great Magic growth, and his Speed is high enough to make up for her genetic contribution. Orochi's also a surprisingly decent mother for a Selkie Dark Flyer build, since she gives her a decent magic growth and Selkie's fast enough to eat the Speed hit.

She's not terrible for Asugi. His Speed Growth will be 50% as a Ninja and he can use the Flame Shuriken pretty well.

Asugi is good with anyone. Ide argue hes possibly the best child bc of how good his base stats and stat growths are. Any mother works with him honestly.

To be honest, its really hard to find a bad mix. the closest i can think of is Azura and Odin. Shigure will be glassy as heck with stats to balanced for their own good, but Ophelia could turn into a very strong, albeit glassy swordmaster or zerker if she s+ a Kana(M) or Corrin(M)who is a samurai or fighter.

Edited by PizzaRice

I paired Nyx and Tsubaki up and they make a decent Dark Flier Caeldori, surprisingly. It seems like, according to that Inheritance Planner, she butchers everything except magic, speed and resistance but Caeldori ended as one of my best units.

Plus having Aptitude helps so...

I paired Nyx and Tsubaki up and they make a decent Dark Flier Caeldori, surprisingly. It seems like, according to that Inheritance Planner, she butchers everything except magic, speed and resistance but Caeldori ended as one of my best units.

Aptitude's definitely a plus and makes it hard to mess up kids, since you can get it on all kids except Shigure legitimately. Really, if you can get at least 30% in a relevant stat, Aptitude+Class growths will usually bump it up to at least 50%, which is acceptable in most cases.

I'm a bit of a purist and don't like illegal skills on Gen 1 units, so Aptitude's flat +10% stat growth on all the kids definitely gives them the edge.

I think Ophelia is the only one of Nyx's kids who can actually come out with decent Mag, Spd and Skl with her as their mom. It doesn't hurt that accuracy isn't too hard to patch up via Pair Up.

I made Nyx!Caeldori a Basara.

... hmm... wonder if that's such a good idea. Oh well, I can't make her a Dark Flier. Thanks Shiro and Forrest.

So maybe for revelation

Orochi!Soleil

Felicia!Hisame, Siegbert, Shiro

Elise!Kiragi

Nyx!Ignatius

Effie!Forrest

Kagero!Ophelia (Which would make her a case like Mitama)

Sakura!Hisame or Mitama? (Sakura has decent Strength it would be difficult for her to mess up a kid)

Rinkah and Orochi are the worst mothers in my opinion. Orochi's -3 speed mod is terrible beyond belief and Rinkah's mods are just...weird and don't really work out for a lot of children as well.

Edited by Spirit in Black

Rinkah and Orochi are the worst mothers in my opinion. Orochi's -3 speed mod is terrible beyond belief and Rinkah's mods are just...weird and don't really work out for a lot of children as well.

Orochi has a -2 speed mod, so it's not that bad when she's using scrolls because they can increase speed.

The main issue is that the game gives you 5 Magical Moms - Elise, Orochi, Nyx, Sakura and Felicia, but only 3 Magical Dads - Odin, Leo and Hayato.

Arguably the best Pairings on a Revelations run is Odin X Elise, Leo X Sakura, and Hayato X Nyx

This leaves 2 magical moms that people have to pair and they are usually paired with

Saizo - Saizo and Asugi both have great magical stats surprisingly, so he can use Flame Shurikens well

Niles - Nina makes a great Shining Bow Adventurer

Jakob - Dwyer usually gets the leftover mom, and with a magical mom he will be able to heal decently

Azama - He is suppose to be a magical dad (based off his class), but he is more suited for Physical classes, but Mitama can be decent Magical Unit with the right mom.

Edited by ZodiacSoldier

rinkah for selkie?? idk if she already has shitty str growth but damn its terrible

Selkie strikes an odd balance for me. None of her possible moms really make her super great (you're almost always sacrificing the best version of a better kid to make her great), but it's hard to make a terrible version of her. I thought Felicia might do it, but she's mildly okay as an Onmyoji in that case. Growth wise, I would say Rinkah and Setsuna are probably her worst (but I know Setsuna"s mods for her are pretty good.)