Best Fire Emblem quotes?

Examples:

"Blood leads only to blood, and violence begets violence. Nothing more. Revenge is simply another name for murder."
~ King Deghinsea, "Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance"

"I am a prince before I am a son or a brother."

~ Marth, "Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon"

"...They’re not cheering for you. They cheer because Orson’s misrule is at an end. They cheer the possibility of a better tomorrow, not the deeds we did today. But how will the hearts of the people move tomorrow and the next day? That is for you to decide."

~ Seth, "Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones"

きみの秘密がなんだろうと、

僕の気持ちは変わらない。▼

きみを悲しませるものがあるなら、

僕がそれを取り払う。▼

だから、もう泣かなくていい。▼

~Eliwood, FE7

i like how you literally just copied someone's signature for this.

lol yep, forget who's tho

anyways

"THIS. ENDS. NOW."

M!Kana, in the voice of a dying parrot

for actual serious quotes

"Pick a god and pray!"

-Frederick, Awakening

i like how you literally just copied someone's signature for this

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it Brightbow's sig

"Pick a God and Pray" Fredrick

"For Nohr" Nohrrin

"I know that to love another, I must watch the world move past him, but such short years make an eternity worth living" Tiki

Freddy's "Pick a god and pray" is epic. <3

I also really love:

"Gatrie, I swear you'd hit on a tree if I dressed it in a skirt! Tell me I'm wrong!" - Shinon in RD. LOL

"Shouldn't have been in my way." - Ike in Fates

"One of them offered to feed me. I guess kind people are everywhere." - Ike referencing his big appetite in Fates ftw. XD

"What'd you say, dirtbag?" - Boyd in PoR lol

"You little idiot, of course you're staying!" - Boyd in RD. lol

"What am I supposed to do now, put on a funny hat or something?" - Ike in PoR.

"Duke Tanas! It's about time you showed your bloated face!" - Ike in PoR. LOL

"We have enough men to take care of these clowns." - Ike in RD.

"Why don't you just kill us now? It'll save us the trouble." - RD Ike is sarcasticly funny. lol

"Shinon wouldn't tell me that he smelled smoke if I was on fire." - Ike in RD. He has a lot of funny lines in this game somehow. :P

Also when Ike repeats his father's words at the endgame of PoR. So epic. ^^

Pretty much anything that comes out of Sain's, Kieran's, or Marcia's mouths. lol Also, any conversation between Ike and Aimee is gold. A bunch of quotes are a reason I love Ike. :3

Edited by Anacybele

"I am strong. I am wise. I am lovely. And most importantly, I am right! ...Me! No one else!"

- Narcian, FE6

"Pray. I'll give you that much time. All the evil that you've done up to now... Repent it, and sleep."

- Linus, FE7

"Right. General Ike, leader of the Greil Mercenaries, "hero" of the Crimea Liberation Army, and father of Sothe's children..."

- Micaiah, FE10

I could put critical quotes from Awakening and Fates here, but I'd be here all night....

“Humans… Humans are filthy. They flock to those with power and would not think twice about betraying trusted allies to obtain more power. You must have witnessed numerous traitors in your travels. Am I right?”

“Jealousy. Hate. Greed. Friends, even family members are driven to kill by such ludicrous emotions. Such emotions create fathers who try to kill their own sons to save their own flesh. As long as humans control, as long as humans dictate, as long as humans exist…this madness will never end.”

“…So, you have defeated me… But remember… My dream shall never die… As long as…humans retain control…madness will persist…”

Zephiel is a fountain of negativity.

“……Hear me: Tomorrow, I will be a man… So this is my last wish as a foolish child. It’s the same one I’ve asked of you every night for all these years, but… Please, bring Father and Mother together again. Please, let the day come when Guinivere and I and her mother… When all of us can live together happily in the castle.”

...Poor kid.

Some inspirational quotes I had saved in a file previously (minus the ones posted above)

"use what you've been given, and great things will happen" - Nasir (FE9)
"If you treat others in good faith, they will follow you of their own volition" - Greil (FE9)
"Bat dung! No one's gonna roll over and die! Dying's for sissies!" - Schaeffer (FE9)
"Become fat and happy, little beorc" - Mordecai (FE9)
"Sometimes the simplest of traps offer up the best result." - Petrine (FE9)
"If you react so, the men will react in kind." - Bastian (FE9)
"I don't know. I think there are some things we're not meant to understand." - Ike (FE10)
"Desire propels people forward." - Yune (FE10)
"Time will pass as always, but nothing can change the destiny of mankind." - Ashera (FE10)
"And war... The more we try to avoid it, the worse it is when it comes to us." - Ike (FE10)
"You've nary a selfish bone among you." - NPC "grandfather" (FE9)
"Once you're dead, you'll regret sassing me" - Maijin (FE9)
"They say that blind arrogance sows the field of its own destruction." - Greil (FE9)
"Denying something's obvious worth out of petty spite is foolish." - Lethe (FE9)
"Ignorance is a form of bliss, is it not?" - Soren (FE9)
"I have no sympathy for them" - Soren (FE9)
"Well, for all those born with nothing, there are those born with everything. Perhaps those who never notice the difference are the ones we should envy." - Ranulf (FE9)
"Much of what seems good and evil is simply a matter of perspective." - Nasir (FE9)
"What good will it do you to expand your domain only to find enemies at your every border?" - Deghinsea (FE9)
"Withdrawing can be the key that unlocks a future victory." - Titania (FE9)
"If we allow hatred to rule our hearts, we become prisoners of the past." - Elincia (FE10)

The best of the best:

“Right. Lord Ike, hero of the Crimean Liberation, leader of the Greil Mercenaries, and father of Sothe’s children…” - Micaiah, FE10 chapter 1-4

Honorable mentions:

"Comparing you and my brother is like comparing a turkey to a peacock!” - Clarine, FE6 chapter 4

"Don’t try something you’re not used to. You’re good at screaming, so why don’t you do it?" Rutger, FE6 support A with Clarine

"Why is it that authority figures are always so unwilling to let go of their power? The world could flip upside down and you’d be trying to boss around gravity." Haar, FE10 chapter F-1

Edited by Sartek

For me, PoR and RD were a veritable minefield of good/memorable quotes.

"use what you've been given, and great things will happen" - Nasir (FE9)

"If you treat others in good faith, they will follow you of their own volition" - Greil (FE9)
"Bat dung! No one's gonna roll over and die! Dying's for sissies!" - Schaeffer (FE9)
"Become fat and happy, little beorc" - Mordecai (FE9)
"Sometimes the simplest of traps offer up the best result." - Petrine (FE9)
"If you react so, the men will react in kind." - Bastian (FE9)
"I don't know. I think there are some things we're not meant to understand." - Ike (FE10)
"Desire propels people forward." - Yune (FE10)
"Time will pass as always, but nothing can change the destiny of mankind." - Ashera (FE10)
"And war... The more we try to avoid it, the worse it is when it comes to us." - Ike (FE10)
"You've nary a selfish bone among you." - NPC "grandfather" (FE9)
"Once you're dead, you'll regret sassing me" - Maijin (FE9)
"They say that blind arrogance sows the field of its own destruction." - Greil (FE9)
"Denying something's obvious worth out of petty spite is foolish." - Lethe (FE9)
"Ignorance is a form of bliss, is it not?" - Soren (FE9)
"I have no sympathy for them" - Soren (FE9)
"Well, for all those born with nothing, there are those born with everything. Perhaps those who never notice the difference are the ones we should envy." - Ranulf (FE9)

"Much of what seems good and evil is simply a matter of perspective." - Nasir (FE9)
"What good will it do you to expand your domain only to find enemies at your every border?" - Deghinsea (FE9)
"Withdrawing can be the key that unlocks a future victory." - Titania (FE9)
"If we allow hatred to rule our hearts, we become prisoners of the past." - Elincia (FE10)

This catches most of the quotes I like. Especially the bolded.

Also:

"From the very beginning, every last one of you has underestimated us. Will you never learn? Your refusal to recognize our strength will forever keep victory at arm's length." Ike(FE9)
"I see... I'm not much for politics. All I do is live by my principles, my sword, and my friends. What can I say? I won't change who I am, even if it means fighting you." Ike(FE10)
“I don’t need to hear anything else, then. I’m going to make your death as painful as I know how.” Ike (FE10)

You can be a general or you can be dinner [...]

Ashnard from FE9

I think that one was followed up with "I don't really care which"

I think that one was followed up with "I don't really care which"

Yeah, it's right.

There was another good line of Ashnard is his conversation with Petrine.

([...] you could end as dinner for Rajaion or sth. like that)

I'd post more, if I knew the English translation of all the quotes I like.

"Were my heart my master, I would do exactly as you say. But what sort of knight abandons his kingdom -his king!- now, when they need him the most? Would you have me toss away the life I have built as if it meant nothing at all?"

-Camus

To me, this is the most noticeable quote of the series. All of Camus' actions show that he is a good person, and that while he is morally good, his vow of loyalty took precedence over his beliefs. He may have gone against his kingdom for the sake of Nyna but in the end, he kept his word and died as a knight of Grust.