What units are good in Awakening

Suspect

Due to Awakening's structure, EVERYONE is "good". That said, I personally consider Donnel, Ricken, and Maribelle to be a waste of resources. Donnel because he takes too long to get going, and Ricken and Maribelle because there's just simply better alternatives.

In other words it depends how much time you want to spend on training them and to what ends do you want to use the characters for.

@MCProduction I would disagree on Donnel since he's always a beast in my runs especially you take your time and train him. I agree with Ricken and as for Maribelle she's hit and miss for me.

Robin, Panne, and Sumia are the best units in the game.

EDIT Reclass Panne to Wyvern Rider ASAP.

Edited by Refa

In other words it depends how much time you want to spend on training them and to what ends do you want to use the characters for.

@MCProduction I would disagree on Donnel since he's always a beast in my runs especially you take your time and train him. I agree with Ricken and as for Maribelle she's hit and miss for me.

I think he's looking at it at a tier-list/efficiency standpoint. On most runs other than normal, Donnel is just a waste unless you grind him. If you want to use your time on him he's really good, like most units, except at the end of the game, where his "advantage" is gone because everyone is capped.

EDIT: Frederick's pretty good, but I assume you want to make sure everyone is balanced. Libra is pretty underrated, he's automatically a good healer when you get him and can protect himself so A+.

Edited by ~Summer~

These are the units I brought into the endgame the last time I played:

1. MU

2. Sully

3. Panne

4. Frederick

5. Lucina

6. Chrom

7. Anna

8. Sumia

9. Lon’qu

10. Nowi

11. Tharja

12. Libra

13. Morgan

14. Yarne

15. Kjelle

16. Cynthia

​That being said, all of the characters can turn out quite good if you invest enough time into training them.

Some of my favorites:

ROBIN

Sumia

Chrom

Lucina

Morgan

Tharja

This being Awakening, just about any unit can be good if given enough resources (especially some of the children), but it depends on whether you feel like doing any post-game DLC or not.

Which difficulty are you on? What kind of playthrough do you want? Because without any context, it's near-impossible to give an accurate answer.

Which difficulty are you on? What kind of playthrough do you want? Because without any context, it's near-impossible to give an accurate answer.

Diffuculty: Hard

Playthrough: I just want to beat the game without having to grind often.

From first generation the best ones are My Unit, Cordelia (beast with galeforce), Lon'qu with Maribelle as his support is basically a speed powerhouse he rarely gets hit. Tharja is pretty beast she was my avatars wife, they wrecked everything with their magic. Also libra as war monk and as dark Knight is very badass.

For the kids Inigo, Severa, Brady, Yarne, Cynthia, Owain and Gerome are amazing.

Well, you might not want to use Donnel - he needs a lot of grinding to be viable, as well as a Second Seal.

I approve of your current avatar :P:

Since you're on Hard, you don't have to think too hard about it. If you want a ready-made team, go with Chrom, Robin, Sully/Stahl (whichever one cooperates more for you), Sumia/Cordelia (drop Sumia if and only if she's stuck at something like base Strength at level 15), Lon'qu, Panne (reclass to Wyvern Rider ASAP), Nowi, Gregor, Libra, and Cherche. That should give you at least ten units to play around with. If Libra's healing isn't up to snuff, reclass him to Sage.

The only units worth calling useless are Donnel and Ricken.

Donnel requires too much effort when you could put the same amount of effort into anyone else and get basically the same result. Plus he wants an early second seal which Robin wants to become a god.

Ricken is basically outclassed by Miriel and Robin as far as magic users go and both of them come earlier.

Everyone else can basically be used without too much trouble on hard. Even then Robin and Morgan are above everyone else and can Robin can solo the entire game.

Technically if not going for maxed children etc Robin is the most broken unit to to have every non exclusive gender permissible class, at least A supports with every unit able to gain supports and having the skill Veteran that boosts exp gain if paired up. Then if you have a Female MU then you also can get galeforce at the later part of the game by switching to dark flier Tactician[->Grandmaster ]->Merc->Hero->Dark Flier=Godhood... the part in brackets is skipable if you don't want to promote however I usually do it to pick up Ignis (as well as grandmaster during my rally Bot MU run), Though my play style usually ends up with lots of flying units and maximized galeforce...

Did I mention the beloved skill Galeforce which is the chapter speed clearing/killing godhood ascension? It is so good that it probably needs a class lock like Canto(which in my biased view needs to return by the way)