Putting the OP Witch aside, is the ballistician(blitz) Good unit(dlc)?

bunnynoah

It's pretty good. It may not as OP as Warp, but it gives you an unlimited AoE attack, which I find quite useful. Although you really need to use all your skills toward being a Ballistician to make it useful, whereas Witch as a class isn't OP so much as Warp is, and Warp can be used with any class once you have it.

I dont see any reason Balis would be bad ingame

Being able to shoot down hordes from outside the intended range is good

For PVP every class that isnt falcon knight or whatever is the main offensive class sucks anyway

its darn good. Warp is literally the only reason Witch istaken over balis. And funny enough, people only take witch for warp, then reclass out into something else. Balis is a keeper and op af on takumi or benny.

Edited by PizzaRice

For regular playthrough gameplay, Ballist is alright. It's not "tanky", even though it is literally a tank; you get mirked hard on Enemy Phase if you don't have a wall of allies to protect yourself (even with Point Blank/Proximity Shot, Ballist has a hard time surviving). The main objective of the class is to weaken a horde before you send out more mobile and offensive units like your Swordmasters, Witches, Dread Fighters, and Paladins. It's also slow as hell so expect to get doubled without Wary Fighter. Str may be high, but that's the only redeeming stat the class has.

The main issue with using the class is that your most important skill is learned at lvl 35. It gives +1 movement (so 5 total movement since Ballist gets 4 base movement) and terrain-ignore. So if you want to make a dedicated Ballist, you would have to grind out at least 4 levels of slow, mediocre 1v1 shooting with 4 move. The Cannon command doesn't give you Exp. If you need more movement, you'll have to throw a Mounted or Ninja unit to ferry you to places.

Great things about the class: LONG ARSE RANGE. On some maps, you can just Cannon down the first horde, clean up the survivors with mobile units like low-str FalcoKnights, claim the territory, and rinse and repeat. The Cannon does decent damage, enough that even Maids, Dark Falcons, and weaker units can easily take out a tougher enemy. The regular 1v1 combat animation is sick as hell, and there's nothing like seeing Kiragi just blow some man back to the stone age and standing triumphantly over their crispy remains.

Does the Ballistician +1 Movement stack with the regular +1 Movement Skill?

yee

also Ballistician is amazing but youre gonna want Wary Fighter (and Point Blank when that comes out), they have low Speed, and suprisingly, really mediocre defenses.

yee

also Ballistician is amazing but youre gonna want Wary Fighter (and Point Blank when that comes out), they have low Speed, and suprisingly, really mediocre defenses.

The tank is made of paper mache.

Witch is only good for Toxic Brew and Warp, that's about it. Using those skills on a Sniper would be incredible.

Not to derail, but do you know if Toxic Brew can work with Nohrian Trust?

Surefooted and Movement +1 can all be replaced by Warp (once it's released) provided that one of your units (preferably one that already has made significant distance) is staying outside of enemy attack range so you can safely spam bow-based AoE attacks since that's the Ballistician's gimmick niche (can be hilarious if combined with Replicate). If you want to actually use your bow normally, consider a different class like the Sniper class.

Possible skill set:

-Replicate

-Warp

-Pick 3 of the following:

---Survey

---Opportunity Shot

---Rifled Barrel

---Bowfaire

---Elbow Room (if you already equipped Bowfaire)

---Strength +2 (if you already equipped Bowfaire)

---(Weapon)breaker

Not to derail, but do you know if Toxic Brew can work with Nohrian Trust?

Toxic Brew is a post-battle proc and therefore cannot be activated via Nohrian Trust.

Edited by Roflolxp54

I actually love the idea of this class and was so going to make my corrin it when I eventually get it. but now that I heard that you get no exp for using the cannon command I am a bit iffy

Surefooted and Movement +1 can all be replaced by Warp (once it's released) provided that one of your units (preferably one that already has made significant distance) is staying outside of enemy attack range so you can safely spam bow-based AoE attacks since that's the Ballistician's gimmick niche (can be hilarious if combined with Replicate). If you want to actually use your bow normally, consider a different class like the Sniper class.

Possible skill set:

-Replicate

-Warp

-Pick 3 of the following:

---Survey

---Opportunity Shot

---Rifled Barrel

---Bowfaire

---Elbow Room (if you already equipped Bowfaire)

---Strength +2 (if you already equipped Bowfaire)

---(Weapon)breaker

How do you combine Witch and Ballistician skills together, I thought they were gender-locked? Or are you assuming just Corrin? But even then, DLC skills can't be bought, so I'm confused. Or tired, who knows.

Edited by MonkeyCheez3K

How do you combine Witch and Ballistician skills together, I thought they were gender-locked? Or are you assuming just Corrin? But even then, DLC skills can't be bought, so I'm confused. Or tired, who knows.

The only skill from the Witch class that isn't gender-locked is Warp. This is because the Warp scroll can be obtained from one of the Witch reinforcements on the Witch's Trial map. The scroll can be used on any of your units, regardless of gender.

Edited by Roflolxp54

The only skill from the Witch class that isn't gender-locked is Warp. This is because the Warp scroll can be obtained from one of the Witch reinforcements on the Witch's Trial map. The scroll can be used on any of your units, regardless of gender.

Oooooh, I did not know that, good to know and thx for clarifying. I am going to bed then.