[DISCONFIRMED]According to Gameinformer, FE15 is in development

MCProductions

In a article in Gameinformer magazine I got today, they covered the history of the franchise as well as confirmed that the 15th entry is already in development

In fact, Intelligent Systems is already hard at work on a new entry, which will be the 15th installment of the series.

No information beyond that FE15 exists was confirmed in the article, but it is worth noting that it is in development

FE15 HYPE

Edit: Gameinformer got it wrong in the physical magazines, Nintendo still hasn't said anything regarding FE15.

Edited by MCProductions

Personal opinion: I hope it's more along the lines of the GBA or Tellius series. Also that they don't cater to fan-service too much...

Hyped they said something though! Glad they're bouncing back after the release of Awakening!

Not that I'm not down with the idea of Fire Emblem 15, but where's the proof of this announcement? Got a link to the article that said this? Barring that, a screencap?

Edited by Karasz

Not that I'm not down with the idea of Fire Emblem 15, but where's the proof of this announcement? Got a link to the article that said this? Barring that, a screencap?

Apologies for the the poor quality of the screenshots, but I only have the physical copy of the magazine. Poor photo quality is why I quoted instead of provided screencaps in the first place.

post-13029-0-40252800-1460753926_thumb.jpg

Screenie of the confirmation

post-13029-0-43531500-1460753952_thumb.jpg

Screenie of the first page of the article itself.

Edit: The photos are sideways, because lol mobile.

Edited by MCProductions

To be honest, this is not really surprising.

Creating a game takes a lot of years.

I imagine it's going to be a 2018-2019 release if development already started.

Edited by Water Mage

Whether if it's true or not, I honestly am hyped at the thought of FE15! Haven't got Fates yet(...darn you 12'th grade...), but hey, excited netherless!

Personal opinion: I hope it's more along the lines of the GBA or Tellius series. Also that they don't cater to fan-service too much...

Hyped they said something though! Glad they're bouncing back after the release of Awakening!

Couldn't have said it better!

Ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh boooooooooooooooooooooooooooy

New installment calls for new expectations but I'm personally really excited to see where they decide to go next.

My only burning question right now is: what system would it be for?

Edited by carefreejules

My only burning question right now is: what system would it be for?

That's what I've been wondering since I got the magazine. My assumption is either the 3DS or N's next handheld, but who knows at this point.

Edited by MCProductions

That's what I've been wondering since I got the magazine. My assumption is either the 3DS or N's next handheld, but who knows at this point.

Ideally I wouldn't mind it being on the 3DS again because that saves me money whereas if it does end up being the NX exclusive or something...RIP my fucking wallet

You guys realize that they said that they actually did not have it confirmed.

Here's the article

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/04/05/correction-the-next-fire-emblem-entry-is-not-confirmed.aspx

Pfffttttt looks like whoever wrote the original article in the magazine should have been a little more careful with the wording xD

Edited by carefreejules

Pfffttttt looks like whoever wrote the original article in the magazine should have been a little more careful with the wording xD

Yeah, I got pretty excited when I read the original article, but with all the success coming out of the series now, I'd be shocked if there wasn't another. I'll be ready to board the hype train when it's actually announced.

I was wondering if anyone was going to mention this article, I was happy to see it today and I hope that FE 15 will be talked about soon. Plus I ended up with some more FE pics for my collage that I made out of the FE ads from old GIs which was an added bonus for me.

Yeah i'm not surprised, if anything they are still extremely early in planning and shit.

It would be interesting if they were making it for NX, although.

To be honest, this is not really surprising.

Creating a game takes a lot of years.

I imagine it's going to be a 2018-2019 release if development already started.

The original concept for Fates was pitched in Fall 2012; it only makes sense that FE15 has entered pre-development stages right now.

Anyways... *keeps praying for reshuffling*.

Aww, I got excited for a moment.

But honestly, I bet IS are hard at work planning the next game, but it's not quite past the planning stage, so they can't officially announce it. The timing is about right, since they've probably finished the final Fates DLC by now... hopefully!

Aww, I got excited for a moment.

But honestly, I bet IS are hard at work planning the next game, but it's not quite past the planning stage, so they can't officially announce it. The timing is about right, since they've probably finished the final Fates DLC by now... hopefully!

Yeah, sorry about the false hype. I edited the OP so hopefully no one gets overly excited again.

I do believe they are already planning it, but who knows what's going on in IS at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

maybe it was confidentialy said to the guy,

just because it isn't confirmed doesn't mean it's not happening (they might just be covering their arses)

GTA 5, The Last of Us, and Boarderlands 2 (as well as 100's or remasters from this generation