Setsuna's reclassing

Spectraman

I haven't used Setsuna (Mozu works out better for me stat-wise when I make her an archer, though even when I don't Takumi shows up soon afterward and relegates Setsuna to the bench), so what I'm about to say is purely theoretical. Just keep that in mind.

Setsuna could maybe work as a Master Ninja (she'd still be fragile, and Master Ninja is not a class that is good for taking physical hits, but she'd be really fast and get debuffing weapons so she wouldn't need to score kills a lot) or maybe a Mechanist (a bit slower, but a bit more durable, and Setsuna retains the use of bows in this class, plus hey, it gives Replicate, which is a good thing, I think). Probably Mechanist more, since Setsuna gets to keep using bows and has a bit more defense (though a bit less resistance, but it's still probably serviceable) and additional movement.

As for classes she can get through A+ supports, she can get Falcon Knight off Hinoka (she does get Kinshi Knight off of this, but she can already get Kinshi Knight because Archers can promote directly to that), Swordmaster & Master of Arms off Hana (not sure I'd leave her in either of these for her final class, though the skills from these could be nice (mostly Seal Strength so she doesn't get murdered on enemy phase and maybe Astra for free Dual Guards when it procs, though if you feel like playing risky Life and Death could be for you)), and (3rd route only) Hero & Bow Knight from Selena (Hero's Axebreaker could be kinda useful: Bow Knight could work as a good final class for Setsuna, since it has the second-most movement range out of any of her possible classes (second only to Falcon & Kinshi Knight; they all have 8 move, but Falcon & Kinshi can fly so I think they can technically move farther) and gives a close-range weapon in swords if you wanted to use swords).

If we include S supports, the options expand considerably, but if marrying Azama gives the Priestess class (I think it does), that could be an option. It'd give her additional utility via staff use and Renewal for self-healing (for when she does take a hit) while keeping the ability to use bows (though I think it'd only go up to B rank).

Personally, I'd go either Mechanist (good movement range, great weapon selection, not too terribly fragile compared to the other options), Kinshi Knight (largest movement range, retains bows, can also use lances if you want to, but is vulnerable to archers and maybe Beast Killers (dunno for sure on that one, sorry)), and Priestess (I just covered this option in the previous sentence).

But I wouldn't know for certain.

Her passive seems to rely on her taking damage, so maybe take Life and Death and Replicate.

They should have given her something to put traps on the map or something.

Edited by Lanko

Her passive seems to rely on her taking damage, so maybe take Life and Death and Replicate.

They should have given her something to put traps on the map or something.

But then she would probably fall into the traps herself!

As said above, if you don't want to grind a good amount and be stuck in E-Rank weapons for a while (or spend Arms Scrolls on her) I would probably give Mechanist a try, if only to obtain Replicate.

Edited by soranauta

I'd go with a Kinshi Knight or Ballistician.

Oh yeah, Ballistician exists! That could be a good thing! Not 100% sure about it, since if I recall correctly its defenses aren't good, but it has plenty of power, and hey, free ballista whenever you want, so that could be a neat option. Still, maybe pack a Mini Bow for when you need to counterattack.

I'd still go Master Ninja (get Lethality) > Mechanist (debuff weapons be great, Replicate's neat too), possibly > Adventurer if you had her marry Niles (primarily for Movement +1) and > Master of Arms via Hana A+ (to grab Seal Strength & Life and Death, seems like a not-too-terrible idea to me), then maybe Ballistician after all of that (so you can have Lethality, Replicate and maybe Movement +1 on top of the Ballistician-exclusive Movement+1-and-no-terrain-costs-for-movement skill so you can have a highly mobile bow-user), but you can go however you want, I suppose. That's just how I'd go about it.

Though if you're on Birthright, just omit the Adventurer part, and maybe marry her to Azama for Priestess so you can get Renewal. You lose one point of movement, but you'll be more survivable thanks to Renewal (not sure if Renewal's affected by Optimistic, though).