People who have completed revelation

HylianTiki

Hi,

Ok so, if you're reading this, you've already beat Revelation I hope.

So after the very happy cliche ending, Kamui is the king/queen of Valla and the siblings are all like "if you need anything please let us know/come to us.

But in Kamui's ending story thing, it ssys that the Bottomless Canyon was sealed. We saw that the Bottomless Canyon was used as an entrance to Valla, and that the only person who could open a partal outside of the Bottomless Canyon was Azura, who stays in Valla, i'd assume (i fon't remember but mist likely)

So if the siblings wanted to communicate, or visit Kamui, how would they do it?

Just a random thought.

I was confused about it at first as well since they did a poor job of explaining.

But basically, they rebuilt Valla using land from Nohr and Hoshido. The original Valla is sealed away for good.

So, it's essentially New Valla that Corrin rules over. Azura does join him in this as well.

So, did the game explain why there needed to be a New Valla and why Kamui had to rule over that bit of land that was taken from Nohr and Hoshido anyway?

So, did the game explain why there needed to be a New Valla and why Kamui had to rule over that bit of land that was taken from Nohr and Hoshido anyway?

Corrin: Huh, Azura doesn't want to be Queen, so I will!

And that's all it ever said or elaborated on about Corrin ruling it.

No, I meant why does it even need to exist. Were there people displaced from the old Valla who can't live in Hoshido or Nohr? Is there a reason Kamui has to rule over something in the end?

No, I meant why does it even need to exist. Were there people displaced from the old Valla who can't live in Hoshido or Nohr? Is there a reason Kamui has to rule over something in the end?

As far as we know, pretty much no one from Old Valla is alive, as they were all pretty much Anankos' undead army.

Guess they just felt like restoring Valla in their old world. No real explanation given.

My guess is that Corrin didn't want to go back and pick to stay in either Nohr or Hoshido [even though they could like do this sharing business but even that's too much work I suppose] and decided to say "Let's just rebuild Valla!" and Azura was like "ok."

I was actually about to make a thread about this, because I'm perplexed as to why this is not a bigger topic. Not only do they create a new kingdom out of nothing, but they seem to treat it as the most natural thing in the world; they don't even wait to get out of Valla before making Corrin the new king or queen - why? This has no buildup, and we're not even told the reason for why there needs to be a new kingdom in the first place; the people of Valla are all dead! Why would Xander and Ryouma give Corrin their own land?

You could argue that it was for Nohrians and Hoshidans who lost family members or their livelihoods during the (very short, very poorly shown) war, but...why would they need to move to a new kingdom for that?

Makes you wonder how the people living in the land 'donated' to Valla feel about it.

"So, uh, you guys are now all citizens of New Valla. I know half of you hate the other half but try to get along with each other. Kamui is your king because reasons."

Edited by NekoKnight

I was actually about to make a thread about this, because I'm perplexed as to why this is not a bigger topic. Not only do they create a new kingdom out of nothing, but they seem to treat it as the most natural thing in the world; they don't even wait to get out of Valla before making Corrin the new king or queen - why? This has no buildup, and we're not even told the reason for why there needs to be a new kingdom in the first place; the people of Valla are all dead! Why would Xander and Ryouma give Corrin their own land?

You could argue that it was for Nohrians and Hoshidans who lost family members or their livelihoods during the (very short, very poorly shown) war, but...why would they need to move to a new kingdom for that?

Actually, judging how there's a crowd cheering at the coronation, I think the place Azura crowns Corrin is a new but similar palace built in New Valla.

Corrin refers to both Xander and Ryoma as Kings at that point so it had to be some time in the future, and couldn't be in Old Valla because of it being sealed away following Anankos' defeat.

Actually, judging how there's a crowd cheering at the coronation, I think the place Azura crowns Corrin is a new but similar palace built in New Valla.

Corrin refers to both Xander and Ryoma as Kings at that point so it had to be some time in the future, and couldn't be in Old Valla because of it being sealed away following Anankos' defeat.

That explanation really wouldn't make things better at all, nor would it make much sense. It still wouldn't answer anything, and it would still the scene that directly follows Anankos' fall as if it were a natural finale. If anything it'd trivialize the ending and make Corrin's coronation much more important than the peace between Hoshido and Nohr, not to mention it would just shrug off how the country was formed and why. But hey, Corrin's suddenly got a gigantic palace that looks exactly like the one in Valla; who knew Corrin was such a skilled architect that they could just have an identical one built even though they didn't have any sort of photo or blueprint, not to mention only a handful of people saw it.

Wouldn't it make more sense if Corrin calls Ryouma and Xander kings because the war's over and Garon just got eaten? I mean, it would mark the end of the conflict, not to mention the cheers from the crowd more than likely come from Corrin's ragtag bunch of misfits. It would also explain the issue with the identical palace and lack of the characters aging.

Edited by Thane

Nnnnnnope. Nadda. Not at all.

This is what we get for wanting a golden route I guess...

if u dont think about it it doesnt matter

You can apply that logic to anything in this game, but that defeats the point of discussing story, which is what this thread is for.

On a relevant note, what we got is a confusing piece of info, honestly I was under the impression that somehow they just brought part of Valla out of the Bottonless Canyon, due to how vague it all is.

Anyways, who are the citizens of New Valla?

You can apply that logic to anything in this game, but that defeats the point of discussing story, which is what this thread is for.

On a relevant note, what we got is a confusing piece of info, honestly I was under the impression that somehow they just brought part of Valla out of the Bottonless Canyon, due to how vague it all is.

Anyways, who are the citizens of New Valla?

What if it were the people in the Time Chamber?

As soon as I saw the ending I was like "wait what"

because how do you even explain that to the populace

"Hey there was this invisible kingdom nobody knew about but us. It was really great and shit but now it's gone and so we're gonna make you citizens of this new country that is a rebuild of this old country you couldn't have possibly known about"

"wtf, why are both of our kings doing drugs"

I look at it like this, after the war, although the royal families are friends and all, the populace isn't. They even talk about how Leo and Xander are having to get their people on board with the new way of doing things. I see Valla as a demilitarized zone between Nohr and Hoshido. Probably the now sealed canyon, and some amount of land to the west and east that used to be Nohr/Hoshido. Possibly including now leaderless lands like Izumo and Mukushu. As for the Castle, I think that was a noble keep somewhere in that area. They brought back some artifacts from Valla, like the throne to make it all official.

That's my headcannon excuse for it.

Valla would be a great place for people who want no part of Nohr/Hoshido to restart their lives. After the scale of the last war, I'm sure there'd be takers.

I look at it like this, after the war, although the royal families are friends and all, the populace isn't. They even talk about how Leo and Xander are having to get their people on board with the new way of doing things. I see Valla as a demilitarized zone between Nohr and Hoshido. Probably the now sealed canyon, and some amount of land to the west and east that used to be Nohr/Hoshido. Possibly including now leaderless lands like Izumo and Mukushu. As for the Castle, I think that was a noble keep somewhere in that area. They brought back some artifacts from Valla, like the throne to make it all official.

That's my headcannon excuse for it.

I don't know how credible it is but the Valla page on the Fire Emblem Wiki states that Nohr and Hoshido give up land from their northern territories, which might possibly be land that we see get cut out on the map since the World Map doesn't show the continent in it's entirety.

Granted, I don't know if it's a credible source.

There are bits of information thrown in and out throughout Revelations that 'might' help explain why a new Valla was built and why things came to be.

*In any path, there are chain supports that involve Kamui or have people reference them, some of the conversations involve how they have influenced others, helped others when they needed advice on how to live or on what they should do, and/or how they are seen as a natural leader thanks to their traits.

*If you 'translate' the path taken as where the outcome is then you could possibly see the reason for why the 3rd path's ending ended like this. Kamui chose to not side with either kingdom at their own will as it would only make the situation worse than it is (and seeing how BR and CQ went they made a pretty good decision this time), they wanted to unite both kingdoms instead.

*Now considering that in Revelations after they sided with no one that they were labeled as 'traitors' by each kingdom until Ryoma and Xander managed to put aside their indifference and some people in both might still not see them as trustworthy, creating a new kingdom to rule over makes some sense.

*In Chapter 16, Ryoma mentions how Kamui had the qualities of a leader (to which Ryoma admits that he was very jealous of those traits his younger sibling had) and once Chapter 21 is finished, Xander mentions that if Kamui had changed their beliefs he would be unable to see them as a possible true leader and would be unable to follow them since they wouldn't be themselves anymore, that says quite a lot on their ability to lead people. Also, if you take the wording that both Ryoma and Xander said that Kamui has the qualities to be a great leader as true, then seeing that they became a King/Queen over the New Valla isn't confusing as it sounds, it's simple.

*As eclipse said, the New Valla would be an ideal place for people who are unable to side with either Nohr or Hoshido since the New Valla is led by a ruler who judges fairly seeing how Rev! Kamui is peaceful just like in BR but takes quite a lot of action (if not more) just as in CQ.

*Additionally, the Revelation Ending doesn't say how big and vast the land that both Ryoma and Xander gave them to make the New Valla was, it just says the two kings gave Kamui land to make their new kingdom. If the land was fairly large as in pretty much 30-45% of the entire continent, that's a rather big kingdom that came to being. The Old Valla was indeed sealed after Anakos was slayed and killed, most likely to prevent any more disasters from occurring that could come from there, how it was sealed though is still questionable.

Edited by Emblem Blade

I always assumed there were some people left over in Valla afterwards, like Anthony, or whatever his name was. Like, he was part of Anankos' army, but he also seemed to have an actual free will, unlike the resurrected people you fight. Plus, it's only been about twenty years since Anankos ousted the former royalty, so there could have been pockets of survivors left somewhere.

really?? O: