Let's discuss how to buff units in Revelation so that they're at the very bare minimum usable on their first chapter in Lunatic without grinding...

DeathChaos25

Starting with Chapter 9, Hana, Rinkah and Subaki, I decided I'd make a patch for Revelation so that in a Lunatic Revelation, most units could actually be usable right off the bat instead of being useless that chapter, and also being useless even after some grinding.

1460862418875.png

This was used to calculate the Average stats for the units at certain levels.

Thoughts? Ideas? Discuss.

This is a very cool thing you're doing, do you plan on lowering Shura's level by any chance? iirc he starts at something absolutely ridiculous like Lv10 Promoted on Chapter 15, compared to Nyx's Lv9 unpromoted.

Edited by Jakkun

I legit have a Notepad thing dedicated to this with stats all calculated out. Do you want me to post it for some kind of reference? If not, here's what I've got to recommend.

- Takumi, Hinata, Oboro, Hayato, Camilla, Beruka, Selena, Kaden, Keaton, Ryoma, Xander and Leo are all pretty much fine as they are.

- Have Hinoka, her retainers and all of the retainers in Chapter 17 just join with their average Lv.1 stats in one of their Promotions. Seriously.

- We need to buff up everyone recruited in Chapter 14 not named Silas.

- Give Shura his bases from Conquest. He joins at roughly the same time (15, 1 Chapter earlier than Conquest actually) yet has his bases from joining at the end of Birthright 22.

- This is a me thing, but can we hack Skills yet? If so, I think giving Mozu Paragon as her personal (who even uses her innate one?) could be cool, since she can actually see some combat really early when the team is super undermanned.

Edited by Avalanche

This is a very cool thing you're doing, do you plan on lowering Shura's level by any chance? iirc he starts at something absolutely ridiculous like Lv10 Promoted on Chapter 15, compared to Nyx's Lv9 unpromoted.

I don't really plan on doing a "rebalance patch", my goal is more that you can actually use any non royal unit without excessive amounts of grinding, or at the very least, they're usable right of the bat when they join, so for example, Nyx would instead be buffed, possibly maybe even made into a Sorcerer at that point.

Lots, and Lots, and Lots, of DRUGS.

Soooo many drugs.

Nope, just lots of Caffeine and sleepless nights.

I legit have a Notepad thing dedicated to this with stats all calculated out. Do you want me to post it for some kind of reference? If not, here's what I've got to recommend.

- Takumi, Hinata, Oboro, Hayato, Camilla, Beruka, Selena, Kaden, Keaton, Ryoma, Xander and Leo are all pretty much fine as they are.

- Have Hinoka, her retainers and all of the retainers in Chapter 17 just join with their average Lv.1 stats in one of their Promotions. Seriously.

- We need to buff up everyone recruited in Chapter 14 not named Silas.

- Give Shura his bases from Conquest. He joins at roughly the same time (15, 1 Chapter earlier than Conquest actually) yet has his bases from joining at the end of Birthright 22.

- This is a me thing, but can we hack Skills yet? If so, I think giving Mozu Paragon as her personal (who even uses her innate one?) could be cool, since she can actually see some combat really early when the team is super undermanned.

Sure, suggestions and discussion is always welcome.

I don't really plan on doing a "rebalance patch", my goal is more that you can actually use any non royal unit without excessive amounts of grinding, or at the very least, they're usable right of the bat when they join, so for example, Nyx would instead be buffed, possibly maybe even made into a Sorcerer at that point.

Nope, just lots of Caffeine and sleepless nights.

Sure, suggestions and discussion is always welcome.

Sweet, I'll go ahead and PM you the Notepad Doc. Which characters did you want to focus on first?

I think part of the reason they didn't promote units who were unpromoted in other routes was so they didn't 'force' promotions. I don't really care if Hinoka is automatically a Falcon Knight or whatever, but some people might I guess.

I think part of the reason they didn't promote units who were unpromoted in other routes was so they didn't 'force' promotions. I don't really care if Hinoka is automatically a Falcon Knight or whatever, but some people might I guess.

I guess, but I'd argue that since Heart Seals exist and cost the same as Master Seals, it's basically the same effect as choosing the Promotion option from Tier 1. Alternatively, they could also join around Lv. 18 or 19.

Edited by Avalanche

One thing I'd really like is the ability to store my saves off-site and not have to be paranoid about my 3DS breaking and throwing over 300 hours of gameplay out the window.

Hm, I actually found Subaki useful and usable out of the box in Revelation, partially because Fuga's map makes flight so valuable. But he could still use a push, especially since his long-term potential is currently pretty bad.

While on the subject of sky knights, I thought Hinoka was still outstanding in Revelation (she was only a couple levels behind my main team, and is still Hinoka), and thus buffing her would only be something you'd want to do if you want to make her even better due to the fact that she's a royal.

It might require too much work, since it alters the story, but making Elise and therefore Arthur and Effie join earlier, maybe the same time as Sakura would help immensely, since Revelations is in desperate need of physically beefy units in the early chapters. (It was murder on Lunatic with no real tanks.) It would be perfectly reasonable to alter the story, saying that Elise went looking for Corrin after he/she disappeared after chapter 6.

Edited by Rezzy

Hm, I actually found Subaki useful and usable out of the box in Revelation, partially because Fuga's map makes flight so valuable. But he could still use a push, especially since his long-term potential is currently pretty bad.

While on the subject of sky knights, I thought Hinoka was still outstanding in Revelation (she was only a couple levels behind my main team, and is still Hinoka), and thus buffing her would only be something you'd want to do if you want to make her even better due to the fact that she's a royal.

Yes, Subaki is good, but I mostly want to target his growths since his late potential relies heavily on his least favorable growths, as for Royals, most of them are inherently amazing and don't really need much help, although that doesn't mean I wouldn't be open to providing some QoL stuff for them like raising a starting weapon rank or something.

It might require too much work, since it alters the story, but making Elise and therefore Arthur and Effie join earlier, maybe the same time as Sakura would help immensely, since Revelations is in desperate need of physically beefy units in the early chapters. (It was murder on Lunatic with no real tanks.) It would be perfectly reasonable to alter the story, saying that Elise went looking for Corrin after he/she disappeared after chapter 6.

I made a new Lunatic/Classic file with a self imposed no grind ruleset, even after buffing Hana and Subaki to lv9, Chapter 9 was still somewhat of a killer, Subaki being lv9 however meant I could give him Gunter as a support bot and things went amazingly well, it was still somewhat difficult to keep Hana alive though, what with her doing very little damage and them hitting real hard in return, not to mention my amazingly shitty RNG was 90% of my resets because of things like this;

1461014239957.png

Edited by DeathChaos25