Is Orochi good in Revelation?

Urushihara

she will kill herself in her first battle if you dont recruit her by turn 2. Imo she's pretty mediocre but might be good if you buddy her up with Hayato and feed her.
There's no saving her Speed though.

Not bad, she joins early enough to have enough time to train her. Her speed is still a problem.

There's also the fact that Hayato outclasses her completely, and honestly, in Revelations there's very little reason to use Orochi when you have Hayato.

Edited by Water Mage

You obviously misread my post...so try reading it again. lmao

no, and now you're just being rude for no reason. if you were intending to troll I dont see what you were getting at.

I pointed out Odin because he's the rev equivalent of Orochi, having poor bases and getting doubled/ORKO'd by anything on his join map.

Now let's cut the crass and get back to the topic at hand please.

Edited by Jakkun

Well, at least she's not the worst unit on the team like she is in Birthright. That's something.

Hayato is far far far far worse in Birthright.

Edited by Jedi

Hayato is far far far far worse in Birthright.

I would say Hayato is that much worse than Orochi in Birthright. His personal helps close the gap between their damage outputs, and his speed and defense will surpass hers before long. Neither is very impressive regardless.

I'd say the worst unit in Birthright is probably Mozu, honestly. To be fair, there aren't exactly a ton of awful units on Birthright, however.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

Considering that Revelation (and Birthright) have skirmishes and that unit balance is kinda garbage on Revelation, I usually measure a characters relative usefulness based on how well they stack up to others in their niche that join before hand and how much grinding they take to get up to par. In this respect, Orochi is kind bleh. She's not bad per se, but you got Hayato at the end of Chapter 9 (she joins in 11), so he's already had the chance to gain EXP and build a Support Rank. Hayato also has much better bases than on Birthright (his Speed in particular is awesome), so he is very easy to use straightaway. Overall, I'd say 1st Gen Tome users in Rev go Hayato and Leo as most recommended, Nyx and Odin as least and Orochi somewhere in the middle.

TLDR; She's hella good Hayato Guard Stance fodder. She even makes his kid good.

Edited by Avalanche

All Orochi has going for her (besides support bot) is that she joins earlier than Niles does if you want to capture units. And even then, you can do better by grinding gold to hire an Einherjar Orochi or Einherjar Niles that most likely have better stats and skills.

I'll give Orochi, when I used her early on purely out of the fact that I wanted 2 magic users, that she is powerful. Between Hayato and Orochi, I could usually count on Hayato to double things and Orochi to finish them off if they thought they had a chance to live. Longterm though, I didn't find Orochi to be keeping up. She needed Horse Spirit to not be doubled, and eventually Elise overtook both Hayato and Orochi in literally everything.

It's a shame, because Orochi had my interest when they first announced Fates...

Edited by Xenomata

I supported her with Nishiki in Revelations and really enjoyed her (reclassed her to Dark Flier asap). Her speed really is garbage but when paired up with Nishiki, given the bonuses of Horse God and the Dark Flier +2 speed, she was fast enough to not get doubled and could double the slower enemies. By herself, she was still useful with Mjolnir and Lightning, or just to seriously wound enemies. Kinu also turned out well and made a good Onmyoji.

I said Orochi is the worst unit on the team in Birthright, and you start talking about Odin being the worst unit in Rev.

Your comment was not related to mine at all.

You are mistaken. Orochi is easily workable in Birthright, but shes nearly unusable in Revelations. Hayato is the worst unit in Birthright by miles. Stop being a jerk for no reason omg.

Orochi's speed will always be not what you want. Even with Aptitude. But overall, as a unit, shes not the worst thing ever. Just really fucking hard to get off the ground in Revelation. I make Odin work because effort. By the time i want to make Orochi work, its really hard to get her up to par and takes forever.

She would want to be a Witch above all else in the end to make her Speed growth to 50%.

Orochi -> Dark Flier.

Instantly patches up most problems with her in both Birthright and Revelation, continues to fix those problems as she levels in it, and eventually produces a unit that, while not dominant, is not vanilla 9-Spd-at-endgame Orochi (which actually happened to me on first Birthright run, but I was too far gone in a grindless run to invest in anyone else).

The earlier you switch the better.

I've been doing just fine using Orochi in both Birthright and Revelations on hard difficulty. She's honestly been something of an MVP in both as a hard-hitting magic user and was half the reason why I made it through the final battle in Birthright (other half of the reason was Ryoma). Maybe I've just been lucky enough with her speed growths, but t's so easy to max out her magic stat, and the horse spirit keeps her in the game when she needs it.

no, and now you're just being rude for no reason. if you were intending to troll I dont see what you were getting at.

I pointed out Odin because he's the rev equivalent of Orochi, having poor bases and getting doubled/ORKO'd by anything on his join map.

Now let's cut the crass and get back to the topic at hand please.

wat. You did not understand their question and when they corrected you on it you called them a troll and tried to move on? well anyways

I dont understand this Hayato hate. In my birthright playthrough he was my highest defense unit with average resistance. He was a knight who did magic attacks.

There aren't even any capturable units in the main story of revelation, though huh? I guess you have all the child paralogues, but that will take grinding if you want to get them all. I always found Orochi's magic offense was really convenient for capturing enemies and that for Niles, i had to reclass to Adventurer and use Shining Bow--especially good for the brothers in Kana's paralogue.

Orochi -> Dark Flier.

Instantly patches up most problems with her in both Birthright and Revelation, continues to fix those problems as she levels in it, and eventually produces a unit that, while not dominant, is not vanilla 9-Spd-at-endgame Orochi (which actually happened to me on first Birthright run, but I was too far gone in a grindless run to invest in anyone else).

The earlier you switch the better.

The problem there is the possibility you don't have the Ebon Wings to spare either due to using them on two someone elses for some reason or not having bought all 3 paths on one cart/Royal Royale. That or in Birthright you could just use Rhajat over Hayato and Orochi (hell, make Rhajat Orochi's kid) and in Revelations you have a lot more options for magic users (Elise anyone?), even if yeah one of them has some of the worst availability tied only with the unpromoteds that join alongside him (seriously what was the logic behind that???).

You could say it's a P2W solution, but then again I'm one of those people who bought all 3 paths and Map Pack 1 the same day I bought the actual game as soon as the game would let me, so...