Should the Nintendo NX have support for Virtual Reality?

Sånıc Bÿm

Should the Nintendo NX have VR support?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Nintendo NX have support for Virtual Reality?

• Yes, and make it a standard feature.
    • Yes, but make it completely optional.
    • No.

Virtual Reality seems to be all the rage these days. Should Nintendo ride the VR hype train? I think that, if Nintendo could find a way to make NX VR profitable and have VR be completely optional, then sure, why not.

EDIT: To clarify, what I mean by "optional" is to have VR be an add-on peripheral sold separately from the main system.

Edited by The Nameless DM

VR is cool and all but I can't say I'd want Nintendo or any of the console makers doing it just yet. I mean Nintendo doesn't exactly have the best record with the Virtual Boy and quite frankly the specs you need to do it well would make for a very expensive machine.

Virtual Reality and the Virtual Boy are totally different things. The VB is basically a bad prototype 3DS.

VR would be cool but it'd make the console very unaffordable and I'd rather not feel like I have to skip out on a console.

I haven't tried it, but it seems really like a gimmick to me. Most third-party franchises will remain in the status quo, Nintendo exclusives won't really benefit from it. Most games that utilize VR are first-person experimental type games, which mostly stay on PC. I don't really see the value in it, especially since it would add hundreds of dollars to the pricetag.

I'm pretty sure it's gonna have a screen controller anyway.

I wouldn't mind if there was a VR peripheral down the line and totally optional if the system is indeed more powerful than the PS4. However I wouldn't want it to be something they unveil at launch or anything. If it turns out that VR isn't just some passing novelty then I think it's beneficial for Nintendo to experiment in VR space as well.