Game Informer: New Fire Emblem [Not Yet] Announced

dragonlordsd

Hey guys, haven't seen any threads about this, so here goes:

In an interview in this month's Game Informer, Intelligence said they that a new game has already been in development and will be the 15th entry in the series. There are a few details. Will post them as I can.

Update 1: Intelligence says they are concerned that younger gamers won't be interested in srpgs, and they are hiring younger developers to help them adjust the series.

Update 2: (quote from the article) "That doesn't mean Fire Emblem is abandoning its classic gameplay or forgetting what made it popular in the first place. "This series will stand firm with its SRPG-genre roots, but we make an effort with each project to keep things fun with new aspects in the gameplay, visuals, and world settings for players to enjoy," says Intelligent Systems Masahiro Higuchi. "We'll be sticking with that direction, and I'm hoping we can keep delivering new things for players to talk about."

Edited by VincentASM
Debunked by original source

Unfortunately, Game Informer was mistaken and issued a correction. At current, there is no new FE in development.

EDIT: A link to the correction: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/04/05/correction-the-next-fire-emblem-entry-is-not-confirmed.aspx

Edited by AzureSen

Unfortunately, Game Informer was mistaken and issued a correction. At current, there is no new FE in development.

EDIT: A link to the correction: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/04/05/correction-the-next-fire-emblem-entry-is-not-confirmed.aspx

Well, that's annoying. Oh well, thanks for catching that. Got super excited.

Honestly, though, it feels less like a correction, and more like they weren't supposed to reveal it yet, because it hasn't been officially announced. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking.

Any way, some admin feel free to shut down this thread.

Edited by dragonlordsd

15 may be in pre production at most, as Fates is still new and hasnt even released in Europe. They are probably working on extremely rough drafts of story and unnamed main characters. The project referenced by Game Informer I think is another project, as 15 would be way to early to really announce production on as anything can happen at an early stage like this. Might be Advanced Wars, but that is unlikely as its been dead in the water for years. Could be a new IP, could be a game for one of the existing franchises of Nintendo. Could be anything really.

Hopefully they make a good effort on a good story this time.

Fates WAS their attempt at a good story.

And like others have said, I have a hard time thinking they're not already working on the next installment in one way or another; it's an important franchise to Nintendo now, and its popularity is only growing. Maybe they're planning on releasing something to the 3DS's successor.

Edited by Thane

They can still squeeze out a 3DS remake. E3 is only a couple of months away. Believe...

I really doubt we'll get another FE for 3DS, considering it's nearing its end. It would be a bad idea anyway, since text-heavy games released near the end of a system's life tend to get Mother'd (just look at FE12).

They can still squeeze out a 3DS remake. E3 is only a couple of months away. Believe...

Genealogy of the Holy War remake! Now with self-inserts, waifus, jiggle physics, battle bikinis and you (that's right, YOU!) get to shield Sigurd from any and all dangers in the world, and political conflicts get solved by your mere presence, as those filthy nobles realize all they ever wanted was to be as cool as yoU!

Only 80$ for both paths! (100$ if you want the TRUE path in which you can marry all the hot anime studs in the game. All. Of. Them.)

Genealogy of the Holy War remake! Now with self-inserts, waifus, jiggle physics, battle bikinis and you (that's right, YOU!) get to shield Sigurd from any and all dangers in the world, and political conflicts get solved by your mere presence, as those filthy nobles realize all they ever wanted was to be as cool as yoU!

Only 80$ for both paths! (100$ if you want the TRUE path in which you can marry all the hot anime studs in the game. All. Of. Them.)

Just like to note that Lyn had that first in her promoted class animations.

That sounds terrible. Yet, so familiar.......

Edited by Blade_of_Light

I really doubt we'll get another FE for 3DS, considering it's nearing its end. It would be a bad idea anyway, since text-heavy games released near the end of a system's life tend to get Mother'd (just look at FE12).

I dont think the 3DS is nearing the end. We just got the XL, and the NX is meant to be a home console with portable capabilities. It is still set apart enough from the 3DS for them to continue its life span. Considering they just upped its capabilities for the 3DS with the XL, and was able to run a game like Xenoblade Chronicles X, I doubt they are going to just up and drop the thing after all that work. I give it another 3-5 years before Nintendo considers a new handheld. A Fire Emblem that is on both 3DS XL only like Xenoblade was and on the NX system could happen though.

Edited by Tolvir

Just like to note that Lyn had that first in her promoted class animations.

But not in Genealogy of the Holy War, right? Even more of a reason to have it remade! How can the fans appreciate their waifus if their boingy bits don't jump around uncontrollably after every step? We'll be rich, Danny my boy!

I dont think the 3DS is nearing the end. We just got the XL, and the NX is meant to be a home console with portable capabilities. It is still set apart enough from the 3DS for them to continue its life span. Considering they just upped its capabilities for the 3DS with the XL, and was able to run a game like Xenoblade Chronicles X, I doubt they are going to just up and drop the thing after all that work. I give it another 3-5 years before Nintendo considers a new handheld. A Fire Emblem that is on both 3DS XL only like Xenoblade was and on the NX system could happen though.

You're thinking of the N3DS/N3DSXL. The 3DSXL is the exact same as a 3DS but larger.

3DS is getting a successor next year tops. It's already been going for over 5 years which is the sweetspot for most systems. Nintendo has also stated that the next console (NX) and the next handheld will have a shared OS and be "like brothers", so it can't be too far off.

I, personally, doesn't give a flying damn about the NX. heck, I barely heard of it. I just know it's a new Nintendo system, hopefully, it will never come out so 3DS games will continues. :p

Dat New3DS whose only good point where some great exclusive to it (for questionable reasons). I'm still salty about it.

Truly, this is what Fates lacked. The ability to have a harem more so.

Don't mind me, I'm just having an attack imagining FE4 like that, ugh... Or even imagining them with Awakening and Fates armors design.... Where the rope ?....

Hopefully, they'll put some effort in the story, while keeping the huge gameplay improvement. And if it's a remake, let's just hope there will be no Kris, eh ?

Edited by B.Leu

You're thinking of the N3DS/N3DSXL. The 3DSXL is the exact same as a 3DS but larger.

3DS is getting a successor next year tops. It's already been going for over 5 years which is the sweetspot for most systems. Nintendo has also stated that the next console (NX) and the next handheld will have a shared OS and be "like brothers", so it can't be too far off.

I dont know, the N3DSXL is still going strong. Creating a new handheld system just because you are creating a new home system even though your current one is still going strong doesnt make sense to me. Though part of this is me hoping they dont do it though because I just got a 3DS a year or two ago, and would rather not have to look at buying a new system this year. Guess we will see at E3 this year.

EDIT: Another thing I want to bring up, Why would Nintendo announce two new Pokemon games for the 3DS if they are going to release a new handheld system the same year? Wouldnt they want to give the new system those games since new consoles typically have problems with their game library for the first year? Or was it ever confirmed that they are 3DS?

Edited by Tolvir

Whether or not the next FE comes to 3DS might depend on what the NX is.

We keep hearing of it possibly being a console/portable hybrid, but we'll have to wait and see if that is intended to replace the 3DS. If not, then I can see FE coming back for one more go on 3DS.

I dont know, the N3DSXL is still going strong. Creating a new handheld system just because you are creating a new home system even though your current one is still going strong doesnt make sense to me. Though part of this is me hoping they dont do it though because I just got a 3DS a year or two ago, and would rather not have to look at buying a new system this year. Guess we will see at E3 this year.

EDIT: Another thing I want to bring up, Why would Nintendo announce two new Pokemon games for the 3DS if they are going to release a new handheld system the same year? Wouldnt they want to give the new system those games since new consoles typically have problems with their game library for the first year? Or was it ever confirmed that they are 3DS?

The DSi came out in November 2008 in Japan, then Nintendo released the 3DS in February 2011.

The N3DS came out in October 2014 in Japan. An early 2017 release for the next handheld seems perfectly fitting.