Who should I make a Dark Falcon?

flaredare911

I realized recently that my only magic user was my Rhajat who was a witch. I have a Caeldori who is currently a level 3 Falcon Knight with a magic stat of 13. Her mother was Sakura, so I'm leaning towards her as she'll already be trained in Lances. Anyone have any other suggestions or reasons why I shouldn't pick her? Will her magic growths be bad since Subaki (her father) has a very low magic stat?

In my experience, Sakura, Felicia, Elise, Ophelia and sometimes Leo all make for great Dark Fliers, but if you want someone to just pick up Galeforce, then you can give it to whoever you want.

In my experience, Sakura, Felicia, Elise, Ophelia and sometimes Leo all make for great Dark Fliers, but if you want someone to just pick up Galeforce, then you can give it to whoever you want.

I was debating between Sakura, Caeldori, and Felicia (playing birthright so I don't have Elise or Ophelia) so its good to see I'm at least on the right track! The only reason I'm leaning more towards Caeldori is because Felicia is one of my main healers and I'd like for her to retain her staff ability. And while I've used Sakura a bunch, I've recently taken her out of the team I bring on missions since her HP is so low. I'll probably just go with Caeldori. I just don't fully understand how the growth stats are inherited from parent to child and wasn't sure if only having one magic parent would make that a bad idea.

If you want to make Caeldori into a Dark flier, pair Subaki up with Orochi. Sakura adds a nice balance to Caeldori's stats but Orochi can turn her into a glass cannon.

Their are better people for the Dark falcon job tho like Nyx and those Thane suggested.

Edited by PizzaRice

Orochi herself also makes a decent Dark Flier as it patches up her weak Spd with the low-level skill (Spd +2) and a better growth/base than her other options. Helps even more if she's paired up with a Ninja/Samurai or their promotions.

To answer your question about children's growth rates, their growths are equal to the average of their personal growth rates and their variable parent's growth rates (so Subaki's growths don't affect Caeldori at all). The main site has them listed here. So, Caeldori's magic growth with Sakura as her mother would be: (15 + 50) / 2 = 32.5%.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that this is only her personal magic growth. Each class has their own growth rates (found here), that are added to the character's personal growths. Dark Falcon has a base 15% magic growth, so Dark Falcon!Caeldori would have a actual magic growth of 47.5%, which isn't bad.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

To answer your question about children's growth rates, their growths are equal to the average of their personal growth rates and their variable parent's growth rates (so Subaki's growths don't affect Caeldori at all). The main site has them listed here. So, Caeldori's magic growth with Sakura as her mother would be: (15 + 50) / 2 = 32.5%.

That's just the actual personal growth, of course (as opposed to default personal growth).

Caeldori's actual magic growth is: actual personal growth + class growth

So if Sakura!Caeldori has a 32.5% actual personal growth, then her actual magic growths in the following classes are:

Sky Knight: 32.5%

Falcon Knight: 42.5%

Dark Flier: 47.5%

That's just the actual personal growth, of course (as opposed to default personal growth).

Caeldori's actual magic growth is: actual personal growth + class growth

So if Sakura!Caeldori has a 32.5% actual personal growth, then her actual magic growths in the following classes are:

Sky Knight: 32.5%

Falcon Knight: 42.5%

Dark Flier: 47.5%

Whoops, yeah I forgot to mention to add the class growths to that final value, thanks for catching that.

I really like leo as a dark flier. It helps his speed, and bowbreaker and lifetaker (which is not limited of once per turn) both synergise really well.

Saizo. Except you should have done it ages ago. You get more mileage out of them by going unpromoted -> DLC.

I agree with this totally. Saizo is one of the best Dark Fliers.

Saizo works really great because he can utilize both his offense stats. If you have enough speed on him, he could even run a galeforce build since he also comes innately with Replicate and Life or Death in his native class set, which is pretty powerful.

Like, I usually run Horse Spirit/Calamity Gate on him but I'll switch to a lance forge if I gotta stab something with a lot of res and not a lot of defense. He pulls both off really well.

In my experience, Shiro (depends on the mom), Rhajat, and Saizo are the best.

Plus... in my biased opinion... Shiro looks swank in the outfit.

6PV7aGk.jpg