Conquest Chapter 10 Hard Mode

Emblem Lugh

So normally I haven't had any difficulty in the hard mode chapters, but everything seems to go to shit in this chapter once Takumi gets rid of the port's water. Anyone have any suggestions for strategies, especially after that Dragon Vein is used?

(Side question- am I not able to get another Lodestar/Master Lord seal from the Before Awakening DLC? I got one the very first time I played the DLC on a different file and I not gotten another since.)

Thanks!

My general, most basic advice for this question whenever it pops up is: use tonics, and lots of them. HP, Speed and Defense in particular helped me out.

Also, while the map instantly turns harder once Takumi decides to be a dick, it's important that you have a stable position when that happens as well so you have time to react - that might seem obvious, but if you have a line of Onis just waiting for you and two or three pegasi incoming, then you'll start the harder phase with a major disadvantage.

Make sure to use the ballistae and the magic orb tower (just occurred to me that I have no idea what they're called in either language), Try to keep the western wall alive for the first few turns since I think the enemies leave it alone for a few turns after that, although I might be wrong.

You are able to get those seals from the Awakening DLC, but all three of the Awakening characters must survive. Not easy, I know, since they seem to be suicidal.

So normally I haven't had any difficulty in the hard mode chapters, but everything seems to go to shit in this chapter once Takumi gets rid of the port's water. Anyone have any suggestions for strategies, especially after that Dragon Vein is used?

(Side question- am I not able to get another Lodestar/Master Lord seal from the Before Awakening DLC? I got one the very first time I played the DLC on a different file and I not gotten another since.)

Thanks!

Other than defending...

*If you are confident in your ability to defend and attempt to defeat Takumi who has 35 HP, 11 Spd and 12 Def and Wary Fighter (ugh), try to defeat the boss (aka Takumi). The Chapter's victory condition is split between "Defend xxxxx for xxx turns" and/or "Defeat the Boss". This method though requires that you can keep Camilla alive at all costs since she's your main method of defeating the boss and before Takumi activates that dreaded Dragon Vein on Turn 8. Use both Camilla and Beruka to fly Kamui over across the water (while it is present) while closing the distance on Takumi. Make sure that if you near the other side, stay out of enemy Archers and their range. Once Beruka and Kamui have filled the Dual Gauge, have Beruka (paired with Kamui) attack Takumi at a distance if possible to weaken him, since your Dual Gauge is full, Takumi's counter attack will be blocked. If possible, Camilla should initiate a Dual Strike at an adjacent range where Beruka follows up and hope that both attacks hit since Takumi should be KO'd if you Strength Tonic'd both Beruka and Camilla.

Before Awakening only gives you one of each seal per save file, so the same save file can't have more than one Hero/Exalt Brand from Before Awakening.

Edited by Emblem Blade

Set up your choke points in the beginning. As the map goes on you should position your strongest characters, especially Camilla on the right to middle. That is where the toughest resistance should be. The key is to hold the chokepoints but to steadily move forward until you are about halfway up the map on all 3 fronts. When Takumi decides to be Takumi, this will give you room to make an attacking retreat and limit the number of enemies you have to confront per turn. I usually send Selena paired with arthur on the left, Effie and Odin on the right, and Myself and Silas to the middle. Beruka and Camilla I use to reinforce the middle and right sides. I have Niles and Nyx handle the turrets and finally Azura stands near the barricade to allow extra turret shots or help Camilla and Beruka reach a point on the map a turn early. With healers in the middle as well to.... heal

Using Camilla and MU to reinforce the middle and right sides is crucial, they are going to be your strongest units.

Edited by Shadow Knight

Aside from all that's already been said, it might be in your best interest to give Camilla an Iron Axe, especially if you're going to the Dracoshield village, as it's in Oboro's range.

Arthur with an Effie pairup should be able to hold the right most side for the entire map.

Or you could change Arthur to dread fighter and he's able to hold it 100% solo which is what I did. Put a raider katana on him and had 0 problems with them.

Other than that try and let Niles dual strike some of the peg knights down and once the water goes down pull back from the lower areas on the map unless you're going for a Takumi kill.

Also, if you have her DLC, and are able to get her at this point, Anna can sub for Niles if he needs to get a kill or something, as well as helping shoot down approaching pegasus knights.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

You need to be on the offensive at the very least for the first half of the map. You need to attack and kill. If you just try to stall you will be overwhelmed. Save the defense for the last few turns.

For me, Nyx on the orb + someone can take care of the left side. Can even send Azura to support this one guy so he kills two brigands at once or send her mid for two shots of the ballista.

Camilla and Niles can one shot pegasus, so they definitely need to stay around the right side. She can also grab the item on the right house. Later you can put him on the right side ballista so anyone can finish some pegasus and save Camilla to one shot a full HP one.

If you can reclass Mozu to Archer it probably helps too, although I still had mine as Villager.

On a curious note, has anybody managed to kill Takumi before he dries the river? Does that still happen if you kill him?

On a curious note, has anybody managed to kill Takumi before he dries the river? Does that still happen if you kill him?

I actually read that someone was able to do it, but that person had a female avatar.

First things first, at least 1 staver with a freeze and equip your leading units with vulneraries.

Now, for the first half of the map, you're on the attack. Take advantage of the fire orbs and ballistas (the one to the east being the more important ballista to cover) or at least have someone stand on the tiles to plug them up. Have Camilla and partner choke the point by the house to the south and send Corrin and partner to the opposite site of that wall to stop the flow of enemies there (since they should be your strongest units). Send your sword/magic users to the west to take care of the axers and send tank-y units to the east to pick off the relatively weak archers. Keep a pair or two dead in the middle of the map just in-case some enemies slip by your vanguard.

Once Takumi dries up the river, immediately switch to defensive mode, AND DON'T BE A HERO. Separate your pairs and have them stand on all the green tiles up top. Make Camilla and Corrin (and company) zip around to pick off all enemies they can until the end and have your staver(s) freeze those last-second flying units to buy Camilla or Corrin time to kill them.

This chapter is definitely requires trial and error, but IMO it's probably the best designed map in all three games. It's pushes your tactical prowess, but in a fair way. So have fun and feel proud of yourself once you beat it! :)

Edited by gnubz

If you're using a full team, it will be easier to simply break your own wall and have Niles use the Ballista on the Spear Fighters during PP1, allowing you to KO them with a single unit during EP1; if you have someone capable of ORKOing the axe users, you can move him/her to the right during PP1 and kill two or three of the axe users during the enemy phase. A calculated offense during the first few turns should give you enough breathing room to handle the final part of the map with ease.

Killing Takumi isn't particularly hard if you break your own wall, but I don't like to go for him because of the low hit rates.

Killing Takumi isn't particularly hard if you break your own wall, but I don't like to go for him because of the low hit rates.

The one thing that really makes me wary of going after him is that 13 crit. 31 atk isn't really something I'd want to take either, especially when 4 is added to that on his turn...

This reddit thread gives some good advice.

I'm one of the people who beats Takumi on this chapter. And no, beating him doesn't end the map, though if you do it before he activates the dragon vein, you're going to have a good time. I also had a female avatar, because Jakob supporting Female!Corrin gives godly dodge rates. This requires a decent Avatar who can curbstomp Hinata and survive ninja attacks. Have Nyx or Odin man the Orb and Niles man the bottom ballista, though he can leave it to kill any lurking pegasus knights. I like to send Effie+Arthur to the right (Effie with a Javelin is crucial here). Camilla kills Oboro (with either Arthur or Beruka's iron axe, since she can double with it, and avoid Oboro's seal skill).

When I played Conquest for the second time on Lunatic, I realized I was able to kill Takumi before he activated that damn dragon vein. IIRC this happens at the end of Turn 6. I've been able to bring the Avatar to Takumi from as early as turn 3, but generally I get there around turn 5. Path bonus boots help, but aren't necessary. Azura can help the first turn by dancing. I like to destroy the partition next to the ballista on the first turn to make it easier for the Avatar to run there, and then use dance with Azura. It really depends how quickly you can sneak past those ninjas / Hinata without dying. Takumi has an Elixir in his inventory, and can attack 1-2 range, so literally drop a unit in front of him during enemy phase so you can finish him on player phase and snag that nice elixir/not deal with his healing bull shit. If you manage to beat Takumi early enough, there are a lot of units that spawn but can't reach the end point in time, so you don't even have to worry about them. Probably not the best strategy, but it's worked multiple times for me!

You need to be on the offensive at the very least for the first half of the map. You need to attack and kill. If you just try to stall you will be overwhelmed. Save the defense for the last few turns.

For me, Nyx on the orb + someone can take care of the left side. Can even send Azura to support this one guy so he kills two brigands at once or send her mid for two shots of the ballista.

Camilla and Niles can one shot pegasus, so they definitely need to stay around the right side. She can also grab the item on the right house. Later you can put him on the right side ballista so anyone can finish some pegasus and save Camilla to one shot a full HP one.

If you can reclass Mozu to Archer it probably helps too, although I still had mine as Villager.

I've done it. It stops the water from disappearing as he is the only one with dragon vein power.

It felt really good actually. I think I'll go do it again right now.

Other than defending...

*If you are confident in your ability to defend and attempt to defeat Takumi who has 35 HP, 11 Spd and 12 Def and Wary Fighter (ugh), try to defeat the boss (aka Takumi). The Chapter's victory condition is split between "Defend xxxxx for xxx turns" and/or "Defeat the Boss".

The chapter does not end if you beat down takumi. I've done it before in hopes that it would. Alot of wasted time.

Other notes:

- Camilla can take ONE Iron Bow hit at full health, and live. If she's paired with one of Nyx/Odin, she can ORKO the archers.

- Elise should be able to take a single Pegasus Knight hit, as long as she's fast enough. Shove a Speed tonic down her throat if she isn't.

- Azura should be able to take a single Pegasus Knight hit.

- Felicia should be able to take a single Pegasus Knight hit, at least. IIRC Jakob should be able to take more than one, but that might be because he got insanely good levels.

- If you have Mozu, you can run the really risky strategy of reclassing her to Archer, and having her take giant chunks out of the pegasi's health.

In other words, your squishy units can be a one-turn distraction. But do this as a last resort!

Other notes:

- Camilla can take ONE Iron Bow hit at full health, and live. If she's paired with one of Nyx/Odin, she can ORKO the archers.

- Elise should be able to take a single Pegasus Knight hit, as long as she's fast enough. Shove a Speed tonic down her throat if she isn't.

- Azura should be able to take a single Pegasus Knight hit.

- Felicia should be able to take a single Pegasus Knight hit, at least. IIRC Jakob should be able to take more than one, but that might be because he got insanely good levels.

- If you have Mozu, you can run the really risky strategy of reclassing her to Archer, and having her take giant chunks out of the pegasi's health.

In other words, your squishy units can be a one-turn distraction. But do this as a last resort!

I'd also note that some Sky Knights have Darting Blow, meaning that Azura and Elise in particular aren't safe unless their speed's over that of their attacker's.

I'd also note that some Sky Knights have Darting Blow, meaning that Azura and Elise in particular aren't safe unless their speed's over that of their attacker's.

Didn't notice that on Hard. Unless Niles shot them down before they became a problem.

The chapter does not end if you beat down takumi. I've done it before in hopes that it would. Alot of wasted time.

Ok, even if beating him doesn't end the chapter it relieves your defending units from the pressure of being zerg rushed by a bunch of enemies without a lot of time to recover.