Fire Emblem 7 Remake?

How would you feel if FE7 got a full remake? This includes, A customizable avatar, Marriage, Voice Acting, Child units and updated graphics. I personally don't think it'll happen due to the "casual" side of fire emblem games lately. I'd also like to discus critical quotes, voice actors and the like.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Completely unnecessary. FE7 is fine enough as it is.

Well I do agree that the game has aged well and doesn't need any support, I would just like to see some "modern" improvements.

I would be down only if FE6 is included in the remake, and the results of your pairings effect that campaign. Cuz really, a huge portion of FE6's cast are kids of FE7 characters. Also Mark (the Avatar) should remain the kind of entity they originally are in personality and story impact. Mark being playable would be neat, but ffs do NOT make them the forefront of the story. Pairings should be limited. Example: Rebecca should only be able to get with Mark and like, 4 or 5 other dudes for Wolt to happen. None of this fucking Everyone Marries Everyone crap.

Once the FE7 arc ends, the FE6 arc begins, you no longer play as Mark, but as Mark's kid. If Female Mark married someone like Eliwood, Roy would be that kid's sibling. Mark's kid would also have to be pretty much like Mark, no real intrusion on the plot itself (this is the Roy and Lilina show after all).

Thats really the only way i would have it, if they remade the game(s) with the new style and mechanics.

Imagine how broken it would be for Mark to marry Nino because she, in canon, has twin boys. Whoa

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

I would be down only if FE6 is included in the remake, and the results of your pairings effect that campaign. Cuz really, a huge portion of FE6's cast are kids of FE7 characters. Also Mark (the Avatar) should remain the kind of entity they originally are in personality and story impact. Mark being playable would be neat, but ffs do NOT make them the forefront of the story. Pairings should be limited. Example: Rebecca should only be able to get with Mark and like, 4 or 5 other dudes for Wolt to happen. None of this fucking Everyone Marries Everyone crap.

Once the FE7 arc ends, the FE6 arc begins, you no longer play as Mark, but as Mark's kid. If Female Mark married someone like Eliwood, Roy would be that kid's sibling. Mark's kid would also have to be pretty much like Mark, no real intrusion on the plot itself (this is the Roy and Lilina show after all).

Thats really the only way i would have it, if they remade the game(s) with the new style and mechanics.

Imagine how broken it would be for Mark to marry Nino because she, in canon, has twin boys. Whoa

Trust me, the recent games where the avatar can marry anyone is bullshit. But mark just seems so incomplete outside of some cryptic statements of him/her being a great tactician. As for FE6 I think the timeline would be fucked if mark married anyone. Mainly any of the lords.

Well I do agree that the game has aged well and doesn't need any support, I would just like to see some "modern" improvements.

That's fine. I'm not saying FE7 is a perfect game, but I just can't see a remake w/o any drastic changes (i.e. what Loki mentioned) being necessary or very interesting.

Trust me, the recent games where the avatar can marry anyone is bullshit. But mark just seems so incomplete outside of some cryptic statements of him/her being a great tactician. As for FE6 I think the timeline would be fucked if mark married anyone. Mainly any of the lords.

What if Mark stuck around until the FE6 arc and didnt marry until then? But honestly, i can see the timeline working with some tweaks.

What if Mark stuck around until the FE6 arc and didnt marry until then? But honestly, i can see the timeline working with some tweaks.

I hadn't thought of that actually. I'm sure with a few time shenanigans a broken timeline would be fixed.

Cuz really, a huge portion of FE6's cast are kids of FE7 characters.

Roy (Eliwood), Wolt (Rebecca), Lugh and Raigh (Nino), Sue (Rath), Clarine and Klein (Pent and Louise), Lilina (Hector), Fir (Bartre and Karla), Igrene (Hawkeye and his wife), and Hugh (Canas and his wife). That is 11 units out of 54, or ~20%. Out of those 11 children, 5 are from established couples (Igrene and Hugh are already born, and Klein is in the womb), making the adjustable children 6 out of 54 units, or ~11%.

Eh, I could do without the Marriage and Child System, unless they decide to remake FE6 on the same cart!

I'd love an FE6 remake but at least bring it to virtual console. RIGHT NINTENDO

Wouldn't care and would probably prefer a remake of something else.

A remake of the older games like FE1-6 would be great but I haven't played them yet so I'd want 7 first because it's the game that brought me to the series.

I'd love it if Mark actually was playable and if FE6 came along with it. If anything make FE7 harder as it is easy. For FE6 increase the growth rates and make axes viable weapons not garbage.

Honestly though I'd prefer a FE4/FE5 remake. With the little movie animations the significant events in both of these games can be shown. Although the Belhalla Massacre might bring feels.

How would you feel if FE7 got a full remake? This includes, A customizable avatar, Marriage, Voice Acting, Child units and updated graphics. I personally don't think it'll happen due to the "casual" side of fire emblem games lately. I'd also like to discus critical quotes, voice actors and the like.

Extremely angry. FE7 wasn't a perfect game -- far from it. But customizable avatar, marriage, and additional child units beyond the ones from FE6 (who should not come into FE7 at all, they should stay in their own game) would not make it any better at all. If we do get remakes of previous games, can we just leave the avatar and marriage/child system OUT of it unless it was actually in it?

Mark doesn't count as an avatar, and I much rather prefer them not being playable. Doesn't detract from the real main characters of the story.

Edited by Sunwoo

If they remake it with waifus, children and mechanics from newer installments, I would be skeptical. I mean, FE7 is perfect the way it is and since there is Binding Blade out there with children from FE7 characters (Eliwood: Roy, Hector: Lilina, Rath: Sue, Hawkeye: Igrene, Rebecca: Wolt, Canas: Hugh, etc) it wouldn't really work. I'd just leave it the way it is

Personally I don't like FE7, since I consider it to be as just as overly-easy and flawed in gameplay as 8 and 9. The only difference is that it's mainly due to UP enemy stats instead of OP player units.

I'd like the difficulty beefed up a lot if it was remade. The characters and story are okay as is. Well maybe the reason for fighting in some of the minor kingdoms and locations felt all over the place and some of nergal's morphs could be written more tragically.

Would prefer FE6 with official translation. Didn't they officially translate random names through outrealm gate charather DLC? FE6 needs way more story tweaks than FE7. It's gameplay is already the best in the GBA era.

Now that I'm really thinking about it, FE6 child units would be a really bad idea because if one dies during FE7 campaign then you just ruined FE6

People who are key story characters can retreat in FE, remember?

Child units can have plot armor until FE6.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Basically how I'd play it summed up in one neat comment. Thank you!

The only improvements that I think they could make to FE7 would be to fix the 0 requirements in the Hector-exclusive chapters and change the Tactics requirements in the Survive chapters so that it's actually possible to 5-star them. (For example, in chapter 13x, the 5-star requirement for Tactics is at most 7 turns, but you will inevitably spend 8 turns on that chapter).

Everything else, I like as it is, and a remake where at least 90% of the content is identical to the original isn't worth making.

Unless they included FE6 too.

Edited by Paper Jam

I'm fine with that, only a couple of alterations if they were going to do a dual FE6-7 combo. However, it should be worth noting that I think that Roy should

1) Promote earlier,

2) Share more screen time with Lilina. Seriously, FE6 feels like they *wanted* to make her a lord, but she isn't quite one.

As for Mark's kid. I say let Mark not have a kid. Mark is just a unit instead, and in FE6, you play as another tactician. There's no reason to have Mark have a kid because in canon, Mark's ending is that (s)he left and disappeared. No reason to rewrite what doesn't need to be fixed. If Mark has a kid, it should be because someone else does, or they decided to make a new unit. Which honestly? FE6 does not need. Like every chapter you recruit someone.