Fire Emblem 7 Remake?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I support the idea of a remake in terms of graphics. And the odd crit dialogue would be nice without full voice acting.

But child and marriage i feel wouldnt be necessary in fe7.

Nintendo would only release lyns story and would have eliwood and hector mode as dlc the way their going. jk

How would you feel if FE7 got a full remake? This includes, A customizable avatar, Marriage, Voice Acting, Child units and updated graphics. I personally don't think it'll happen due to the "casual" side of fire emblem games lately. I'd also like to discus critical quotes, voice actors and the like.

My ideas for a combined FE7 + 6 remake.

Avatar: Not for remakes. I'd like to keep that away.

Marriage and Child Units: Roy and Lilina's generation would be the child units.

Updated Graphics and VAs: Yes! Please! Especially reinstate VAs for support conversations that Fates removed.

Others to include (in FE6; haven't played FE7, so can't comment):

• Mothers surviving and showing up in FE6
  • Some rebalancing including better axe and lance hit rate bases, raise the growth rates for some characters, have a couple of enemy units have Wyrmslayers, revamp the weight calculation so that the speed drop can be cancelled by both Constitution and Strength/Magic. I suggest Attack Sp = Speed - (Weight - (Con + Str/2)), and substitute Str with Mag for tomes and the like.
  • Also, Roy's class level caps in FE6 should be Lord Lv 20 + Superior Lord (automatically promotes at Chapter 16) Lv 10 + Master Lord (promotes as per original Chapter 21) Lv 10.
  • Also add optional in-chapter dialogues for some characters: Bors in Chapter 7; Ellen/Saul/Dorothy in Chapter 11 (besides the one against the corrupt minister in Ebracum; forgot which route); Lilina/Wolt and Cecilia in Chapter 13; Cecilia/Perceval in Chapter 15-16 (beside chatting with Doug Macarthur); Sue/Shin in Chapter 19 Sacae; Thany/Tate in any of the Ilia Chapters (besides conversing with Yuno/Sigune); Milady/Ellen/Zeiss amongst themselves in Chapter 22. Also Roy, Fa, and Roy's A/S?-Support partner (if they are dispatched and alive) at the end of Chapter 24.
Edited by henrymidfields

How would you feel if FE7 got a full remake? This includes, A customizable avatar, Marriage, Voice Acting, Child units and updated graphics. I personally don't think it'll happen due to the "casual" side of fire emblem games lately. I'd also like to discus critical quotes, voice actors and the like.

Customizable Avatar? Don't we somewhat already have that? Why not build off of that? Mark is already a thing, let's flesh him out. As for marriage and children, FE6 would have to be included in order for that to work.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like a remake of them both put together like in Fire Emblem 4 where the game is divided in 2. FE7 is the first generation and basically plays out the same. However, the 2nd generation is FE6 and any skills the parents of the children had is passed on depending on layout of course. The tactician is an older mark and the game is more connected to fe7 and makes reference to the events during that time.

• 2 weeks later...

Nah, I mean I would like to have things like marriage and a customizable avatar. But I mean I just love the original GBA style. I might be slightly heart broken if they changed things, but I would also like it. Idk I'd just have mixed feelings all about it.

I just had a thought. What if you customized the mark to the point of choosing a class, and then never got to use him in FE8, and then in FE7, he showed up as an unrecruitable enemy unit with no way to avoid killing him due to level objective.

I'm definitely going to put something like this is my next bastard FE hack.

I just had a thought. What if you customized the mark to the point of choosing a class, and then never got to use him in FE8, and then in FE7, he showed up as an unrecruitable enemy unit with no way to avoid killing him due to level objective.

I'm definitely going to put something like this is my next bastard FE hack.

...At first I was very confused, since most people refer to Sacred Stones as 8, then realized you were including BS FE.

I'd probably find it hilarious, but I don't see IS doing that should they do an Elibe remake.

• 1 month later...

NO. Big, Fat, Relentless NO. The games are fine as they are, aside from late promotion in FE 6 and Support grind in FE 7. The Avatar with actual dialogue would ruin the narrative of FE's 7 and 6.

Replies are in Bold.

Why does nobody see the easy solution here? Have the tactician accidentally fall into a Deeprealm or into a wormhole or something for FE6.

No thanks. Sorry, but I've had enough of plot holes just for the sake of pandering. Make it appear from the Elibe universe, then I'll consider it over my morning coffee.

Anyway, I'd prefer if certain characters having certain stats let characters live. Like, for example, a maxed-out Hector would cause Hector to be injured, but not dead or something. I'd also like a Lillina Mode, but that might be too much. Oh, and, ofc, Lyn having her own kid. I'd replace characters like Dorothy with expies of popular Fates characters, because FE6 had a lot of really boring characters.

[Long Rant] Hector's Death was tragic, but necessary in the narrative to show the threat the continent was facing (Zephiel) as well as Roy's progression from "Roy-toy with sword" to "responsible general of big army".

Dorothy wasn't that boring. And did any remake REMOVE characters? No, can't say that's true. The full cast of FE 6 is in my opinion leagues better than Fates'. Example: Garret and Lalum. Their support established the right amount of character for both units, without going for some resolution, leaving ambiguity to help the player's perception of the relationship between the two characters. Not every support needs to have a solid resolution where someone gets married or becomes best friends.

The support system should be a hybrid of Fates's (infinite support levels, love confession S-supports) and the original's (limited pairings, pure friendship endings). As for gay options for the avatar, I think all the lords, Legault, Florina, and some other girl at least should be marriable.

This, I'm ok with, as far as the Homosexual pairings. S support? No. That's just extra work for the writers to shoe-horn in some extra lovey-dovey dialogue.

"Want a ring so we can get hitched? Uh... ok! Show me a good time!" New Support writers kys. The finite supports worked well for the game's pacing, as it forced replay-ability. However, I'd like something of a support log like in FE 7, or 8, so new players don't just wander around wondering who supports with whom.

That's it. I'm done, sorry if I sounded harsh, but I felt I needed to say something.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Do you guys think it'd be cool if some Fe7 characters returned in the Fe6 part?

I think it'd be awesome if Lyn showed up as an exclusive to the Sacae route. They could shed some light on how her character developed over the years.

She could come as a pre-promote with weaker stats than early-game myrmidon/sword masters, but also have the Mani Katti.

I feel like this would kind've make sense because didn't she lay low and go back to Sacae at the end of FE7?

Edited by quasimopho13

I think it'd be awesome if Lyn showed up as an exclusive to the Sacae route. They could shed some light on how her character developed over the years.

She could come as a pre-promote with weaker stats than early-game myrmidon/sword masters, but also have the Mani Katti.

I feel like this would kind've make sense because didn't she lay low and go back to Sacae at the end of FE7?

What she does after FE7 depends on her supports. She has five paired endings, three of which send her to Sacae (Florina, Kent, and Rath), two keep her in Lycia (Hector and Eliwood), and her solo ending sends her to Sacae.

So... yeah.

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly, from some of the ideas I heard of different pairings affecting the kids actually could be a good idea. It would actually bring more of a "game of choices" than fates was. Not to mention, this could (or even could not) change the story so there are slight, yet good, differences. And for those complaining "but there are set cannons" who says that the remake just not include those canons? I mean, Pent and Louise are married before the game started so that one can't be changed- but the rest are potentially changeable to very unique playthroughs- while of course acknowledging what was established as canon in the original (such as Batre and his wife, should the two of them not support with anyone they automatically marry.) sort of idea.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd say include S-Supports, but not necessarily marriage. Marriage has never made sense on the 3DS titles because you're in the middle of a war! Who the heck wants to get married then! Of all the different pairings, don't you think there would be someone who would rather get married in peacetime? Do the characters somehow fit a two-week honeymoon between Risen encounters? Characters should fall in love and maybe get engaged, but you shouldn't get their kids until the sequel. Also, Dorcas and Natalie, Pent and Louise, and Bartre and Karla, should enter with their S-Support filled out, but it should work so that they're still able to have their C, B, and A supports.

The fact that she didn't exist before FE6 was made kind of kills the continuity because of all the different possibilities she could have done in the prequel game as pointed out by Glaceon.

The prequel worked around a "lesser" world crisis that would make sense. I mean, if you played FE6 first, you'd kind of question the legendary weapon seals being undone temporarily for Eliwood and Hector.

Lyn didn't even get her own legendary weapon. She's pretty forgettable in the grand scope of things in Elibe.

Besides, how do you explain Lyn if she ends up being Roy's mom? His mom dies.

Edited by shadowofchaos

The way things are now, I would say it would be a better idea to just make an entirely new game, or an official translation of an untranslated game as has been stated.

My thoughts are exactly this - I've always found it weird that FE6 wasn't translated considering Roy was in Melee and part of the reason for Fire Emblem to be introduced in the West in the first place.

• 1 year later...
On 9/13/2016 at 4:22 PM, quasimopho13 said:

that could be a great idea

Eh, wouldn't matter much to me. I mean, FE7 isn't exactly an FE game that needs to be remade. If it were however, I'd imagine it would definitely contain more fan service, specifically surrounding Lyn due to her bust magically increasing in Cipher and other media, and her sheer popularity, which is something I don't particularly care for what so ever. Other than that, I really am not sure how what IS would do with it. If it were to stay very true to the original for the most part and only really refining some of the game,s issues such as Lyn being a terrible unit and archers being trash, I guess I'd be cool with it. 

My only real hope if a remake were made in the fashion you described would be that IS didn't make Mark too bland and uninteresting. The male version of Kris was sorta boring at times. While he did have some quirks in his supports like being a little terrible around girls he liked did do a little of something, but nothing major as in the story he felt very stock. Like he was just another generic "loyal knight". Mark should at least take inspiration from Robin. Robin was bland and lacked really any development, but he still felt complete as a character avatar or not.

Oh and one more thing before leaving this reply be, anyone who says combining FE6 and 7 into 1 game is a moron. There aren't enough kids in FE6 that don't have at least one parent that isn't canonical. Also FE7 is already has it's three stories that can be played through. It just wouldn't work without changing many things from the original games.

I would very much enjoy a FE7 remake especially if some characters such as Lynn, Dorcas, Dart etc. had stronger ties to FE6 which I think should also get remade and released around the same time if possible (hypothetically speaking of course). Now while giving Mark a little stronger of a presence, role and significance might be a good idea as he seems to most of the time not even exist. I would be very wary of a marriage system and the inclusion of child units. In the first place I think these two elements would clash very strongly not only with the story of Blazing Sword but also the events of Sword of Seals.

In conclusion while I love FE7 the way it is I would not mind seeing a full on remake of it, (imagine Hector in 3d!) things like 3d class models and map sprites I would very much enjoy, and if a remake could make Fargus playable, yes please! At the same time I would be wary of tampering with the avatar system that it has and I would not want to see marriage or child units added to the game. I think for FE7 marriage should stay as it is where certain characters can marry at the end of the game if they have the appropriate support level.

Echoes is remake done well. Especially because it didn't try shoehorn mechanics in it. That don't really work that well even in games that came with it. 

I am not against being able modify Mark. It would be nice be able choose his hairstyle and stuff, but there is no reason for Tactician fight, because he/she is well...tactician. In other hand it would be nice meet Lyn, Dorcas or Pent in BB and in general tie both works together better. And some tweaking wouldn't hurt (like being less tutorialy, give Lyn Myrmidon-ish crit bonus or gave Cecilia base stats that can justify her title. Oh and of course the promotion times).

To sum it up. FE7 doesn't need remake, though it's not like I wouldn't be pleased if it got one as long as IS doesn't mess it up and doesn't try turn it into another Fates/Awakening

One solution I've been thinking about, though, if Lyn is in an FE6 remake, is probably have her recruitable in the Sacae chapters regardless of who her A Support is in the FE7 remake. And in the case of the Lords, have it so that her appearance in Sacae is explained by her personally responding to reports of agressive activity from Bern and not waiting for Lycia to have Bern end up on its doorstep and officially declare war because of it.