• Sky Knight
    • Archer
    • Dragon (Wyvern Rider)
    • Ninja
    • Apothecary
    • Mage (Dark Mage)
    • Troubadour
    • I can't decide!

With Fire Emblem Fates being out in America for 2 months at the time of writing this, is there a secondary talent you've come to prefer and why? It can be all for personal preference, gameplay reasons, or sake of convenience.

The selected Talent determines which class line the avatar gets as his or her secondary class line that can be accessed via Heart Seal.

For me, I'm having a very hard time deciding on a secondary class I'd want to stick with even though I just pick Cavalier out of sheer laziness since I'm mainly doing support grinding ATM. Tempting talents to me are:

-Samurai because of Swordmaster's neat dual-wielding animations

-Dragon because of Wyvern Lord's/Malig Knight's huge movement range and respectable bulk

-Dark Mage because of Sorcerer's access to Nosferatu and since my avatar is typically male, he can't use the Witch class

I can't decide, help...

*No DLC for my options*

*If I want to go all out with just the classes I can use, I'll normally resort to Lancer (Spear Fighter -> Basara/Spear Fighter) for equally high stats + Quixotic and Rend Heaven/Dragon Fang is just absurdly powerful as it is capable of ripping enemies to shreds on either Player/Enemy Turn in little time. Plus I can always see myself as Oboro (who is one of my top MVP units in BR/RV) in Conquest where you can't use her.

*If I want to play supportive, then Monk/Shrine Maiden (Priestess/and the other class) fit the role perfectly being able to heal and attack.

*If I want to play as a sweeper then I'll run Samurai (Swordmaster/Master of Arms) as Vantage + Swordfaire + Dragon Fang is a good finishing combo or Ninja (Elite Ninja/Mechanist) for Replicate + Debuff = Enemies too weak to pose a threat to anyone.

I'm really stuck with the first and last option since I'm a balanced player who never really has an easy time choosing a good talent (although Kamui/Corrin can get around that barrier in-game).

Edited by Emblem Blade

I've been using fighter not really for myself (although I love both hero and zerk) but to pass to my favs. Rinkah benefits the most from Zerk as a class, but it was pretty fun running around with Sol!Ryoma, despite it happening pretty late since it was Revelation I did this on.

Were I to pick a class aesthetically I'd go Oni->Blacksmith but I'm too busy being in love with Dread Fighter for anything else to matter anyway

I've expected Oni Savage to be a winning choice seeing as it gives access to the popular skill Death Blow and to a lesser extent Counter.

Though Knight/Cavalier bring access to the lovely Pavise/Aegis.

I really like having Troubadour, Dragon, and Spear Fighter as second class, personally.

Troubadour because I love Maid/Butler design-wise (they are my favorite looking class for Shuriken/Dagger users).

Dragon and Spear Fighter for the skills and for the designs.

If I were a character in the FE universe, I would most definitely be a lancer-based class. Being a foot soldier is where the party at. In terms of Fates, I would be a Spear Fighter, which is a bit odd as Nohr is my preferred kingdom. When is a Western-based Lancer/Halberdier/Infantry class coming back? I miss the Sentinel from FE10. T_T

Anyways, I like the skills the class tree provides. My favorites are Seal Defense and Seal Speed as I have a fondness for saboteur/debuffer units in any game series. Spears/pikes/halberds/lances/javelins/any polarm is my favorite type of weapon, both IRL and in vidya gaemes.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

Samurai.

Loved the Myrmidon class since the GBA days. Returned Avo and Crit bonuses.

Dodge tanking and critting for days : ).

I'm impressed by how spread out the poll is.

That being said, I voted Troubadour (though I never actually picked it... yet), but Cavalier, Dragon and Monk/Priestess also appeal to me. Oh, and Sky Knight.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

For most of my runs, I do Cavalier as it seems to make the most sense for Corrin as well as my own personal avatar (despite having him as a Dark Knight, I am not having my guy wear a Dark Mage outfit. Not happening.)

That aside, I ran Samurai on M!Corrin and Shrine Maiden for F!Corrin when they follow Hoshido. But overall, I just like the basic Cavalier, winning out over Mercenary since Corrin is supposed to be more of a noble sort instead of a sellsword.

Dark mage, mostly to become a dark knight. All about the magic in FE and if I was a character in the universe tomes would be my weapon of choice.

If I was going to do a default corrin run then I would pick cavalier.

Dragon for Malig Knight. I feel like I'm the one person who really thinks Lunge is a top-tier utility skill and then of course Savage Blow and Trample can carry all the way to endgame, in addition to being able to run any Boon/Bane combo without fear of ruining your build.

Would favor getting Samurai in Conquest simply because it isn't available to Corrin otherwise while MK is still accessible through Camilla, Beruka, and with effort, Percy.

Dragon for Malig Knight. I feel like I'm the one person who really thinks Lunge is a top-tier utility skill and then of course Savage Blow and Trample can carry all the way to endgame, in addition to being able to run any Boon/Bane combo without fear of ruining your build.

Would favor getting Samurai in Conquest simply because it isn't available to Corrin otherwise while MK is still accessible through Camilla, Beruka, and with effort, Percy.

Actually, Lunge was why I gave special mention to Dragon - if the enemy can ruin my day with it, surely I can ruin theirs with a well-placed Lunge.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia