Character opinions that have changed

Tolvir

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opinion Upgrades:

Flora - I did not give her much thought before touching the game but after going through Conquest and Birthright and reading her support with Felicia I decided she was my Corrin's One True Love in Revelations.

Felicia - Her, "We've got Trouble" line initially put me off but increasing her support ranks with the other characters garnered much of my admiration.

Silas - He plays the bestfriend and honorable knight role very nicely. I just wasn't expecting him to fail pretty badly at the nice guy role. Suddenly seeing him initially being jerky to numerous characters made me like him a lot more than I did strangely. Perhaps he was purposely created to be character that disappointed people upon closer inspection but he did not disappoint me.

Xander - For a while I've been on the hate train for Xander considering how he's behaved much of the time but very recently I thought about his personality and his relationship with Garon. Xander always struck me as the kind of person that clung to things that touch his heart and being born a Scorpio it makes sense—just as how Silas, who is also a Scorpio, clung to the friendship he forged with Corrin even when he/she was made to forget him to stop the pain. If I remember correctly Xander was the only one out of the siblings to remember a much more benevolent King Garon and it was that image of a benevolent king that he clung to so dearly it ended up costing him more than he bargained for. What I wanted to see that didn't happen in Revelations was a proper goodbye for the Nohrian royals with Garon—I wanted the siblings to finally see their real father and for Xander to see the Garon he remembered one last time to say goodbye. I didn't like that Garon was written to be long gone and was actually a Slime demon masquerading in his place. But at least with this desire in my head I can put my dislike for him to rest. He exists more on the same level with Takumi to me—on the, "I understand but still don't particularly like all that much" plane.

Arthur - I thought he was just going to be the poster boy for justice but he's really also a very good man. I'm disappointed he can't naturally reclass into Butler. Would love for him to serve revenge, ahem, I mean Justice with Felicia's plate.

Hinata - I was excited to use this jock upon discovering that his growth's were rather unique considering his class. I kept expecting him to under perform as many others have but he didn't. Found a Sunrise Katana, stuck it on him and just kept making me smile with the dodges. He rocks with Vantage, Life and Death, Astra/Aether, Swordfaire/Duelist's Blow, and Wary Fighter. It certainly helps that he's a generally cheerful and nice guy to the others.

Opinion Downgrades:

The Awakening Trio - It's not such a down grade that would completely sour my feelings for them—Owain was my son and I'll always love him but after playing their DLC story I gotta say,

5591421910_9f4b2f07ea.jpg

Edited by JasonsOrigin

Good thing neither Conquest nor Revelation fall into either of those categories.

Good thing i disagree with you :)

Could you elaborate on why characters' actions make sense/don't make sense? If we're going off topic it should at least be in a constructive way.

Could you elaborate on why characters' actions make sense/don't make sense? If we're going off topic it should at least be in a constructive way.

Well, I never said anything regarding characters' actions making sense or not, but I'm not going to derail this thread any further (And no one else should, really, because this is a happy place).