Awakening Headcanon: Robins Child(ren)

Uh, they're whoever you want them to be since Robin is supposed to be, you know, YOU. So there's really no point in this thread. Now if you were asking who we married our Robins to or who our favorite spouses were for him/her, that's a little different. Of course, my choice there is Freddy Bear. <3 :P

Headcanon says that in addition to Morgan, though, he and Robin also have a daughter named Antoinette. I just pictured Freddy having a girl if he had a kid linked to him and I liked that idea enough to make her a character.

Edited by Anacybele

Considering that the relationships the avatar builds are determined by the player, there really is no true canonical pairing. All of the kids talk to their "other" parent (i.e. the father) the same way as the would to another father, so you can't say "This conversation between Robin and his child is more meaningful than the rest," because they are all, in essence, exactly the same.

I like the conversations Robin has with his child, Owain, but I don't consider that to be the true canonical pairing. There really is no sure way. For any pairing, actually, not just Robin's. (The devs seem to ship Chrom and Sumia pretty hard, though.)

Not trying to hate on this or anything, I'm just stating what I think.

Will I be "that guy" if I say that if there were ever to be a manga adaptation, they'd keep all the non-canon parents unknown? Robin would only be the father/mother of Morgan as to not ruin other people's pairings. In the Persona 3 and 4 spin-off games, for example, there's no trace of even a hint of an established romance, most likely for the very same reason I just mentioned, and it's ignored in its manga and anime adaptations as well.

I'd say the only canon is crack canon with both Marcs/Morgans existing in the Future Past and the "Search for the Dreaming Tiara" Drama CD.

And as a former MU x Olivia guy, I'm just barely resisting tearing apart the OP.

PEOPLE NEED TO STOP FREAKING TRYING TO GET SOMETHING VALIDATION ON WHICH "WAIFU IS MORE RIGHT". This won't ever lead to meaningful discussion because the game's entire design is who you find attractive. They are ambiguous by design. So stop trying to find something that isn't there.

In an anime they're going to keep being ambiguous. They already have with the manga.

"This is all opinion, don't hate me".

Stop using the word canon.

You clearly don't know what it means.

Crackship Rufurufu (Robin x Robin) or none at all.

Take your pick.

Edited by shadowofchaos

That's because the romance in Persona 3/4 had zero influence on the plot.

But many different pairings were available, just like in Awakening. And just like in Awakening, the pairings don't matter; only the canon characters do, i.e Robin, Chrom and the first generation female Shepherds.

I'd say the only canon is crack canon with both Marcs/Morgans existing in the Future Past and the "Search for the Dreaming Tiara" Drama CD.

And as a former MU x Olivia guy, I'm just barely resisting tearing apart the OP.

PEOPLE NEED TO STOP FREAKING TRYING TO GET SOMETHING VALIDATION ON WHICH "WAIFU IS MORE RIGHT". This won't ever lead to meaningful discussion because the game's entire design is who you find attractive. They are ambiguous by design. So stop trying to find something that isn't there.

In an anime they're going to keep being ambiguous. They already have with the manga.

"This is all opinion, don't hate me".

Stop using the word canon.

You clearly don't know what it means.

Crackship Rufurufu (Robin x Robin) or none at all.

Take your pick.

And as a former MU x Olivia guy, "I'm just barely resisting tearing apart the OP." I almost broke a sweat at that. This whole thread was a bust wasn't it?

I do apologize for being harsh. That part was uncalled for.

But yeah, official material tends to stay away from mentioning anything.

Any official material involving Female Robin always get set before Chrom gets married.

They will find a way to circumvent it.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I do apologize for being harsh. That part was uncalled for.

No, I get it. When it's so bad I had to edit the post the first time? Yeah, let's just talk about something else, eh?

I'll reiterate that there is no canon pairings. That said, I adore M!Robin x Tiki and F!Robin x Chrom because of the humorous/disturbing implications for the kids about their heritage and how it's for all intents and purposes a big "fuck you" to Validar and Grima.

Edited by MCProductions

And it would be very weird to talk about Chrom's daughter despite him having no wife.

Why? Besides, if that was necessary, they could just go for the village maiden or whatever that generic girl is called he marries if everyone else is taken.

No, I get it. When it's so bad I had to edit the post the first time? Yeah, let's just talk about something else, eh?

How about dinner? Just had some amazing paella with my parents who are here to visit. Very nice.

Why? Besides, if that was necessary, they could just go for the village maiden or whatever that generic girl is called he marries if everyone else is taken.

How about dinner? Just had some amazing paella with my parents who are here to visit. Very nice.

This is a dinner thread now.

• 2 weeks later...

Its Robin x Chrom which is my favorite avatar pairing but not for any of those two.

I really like M Morgan and Lucina, and I think Morgan makes the best little brother for Lucina. Morgan screaming ''Kill it with fire magic!'' to Lucina while being the tome wielder himself sounds perfectly in character for a spaz such as him. He's also silly enough to use the Falcion to slice fruit.

Its Robin x Chrom which is my favorite avatar pairing but not for any of those two.

I really like M Morgan and Lucina, and I think Morgan makes the best little brother for Lucina. Morgan screaming ''Kill it with fire magic!'' to Lucina while being the tome wielder himself sounds perfectly in character for a spaz such as him. He's also silly enough to use the Falcion to slice fruit.

That and while Morgan likes bugs he hates roaches as mentioned in his support with Noire so it would be character continuity with Lucina and Morgan as siblings. That said I know that Lucina and Morgan have very generic parent supports so it just depends on your own headcannon more than anything else.

That and while Morgan likes bugs he hates roaches as mentioned in his support with Noire so it would be character continuity with Lucina and Morgan as siblings.

I know I'm going to sound like a kill joy... because I'm going to say this every time:

That was on the localized version only.

Literally to appease Chrom x MU fans.

Just like how "Lovebirds" was renamed to "The Rescue".

Saying it makes more sense than Kjelle being afraid of bugs is what irritates me about a bunch of Chrom x MU fans.

Like I'd be more content with people shipping *MALE* MU x Chrom simply because I can't get over how people absolutely *GUSH* over "my son" or "my daughteru" when it comes to that pairing.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I know I'm going to sound like a kill joy... because I'm going to say this every time:

That was on the localized version only.

Literally to appease Chrom x MU fans.

Just like how "Lovebirds" was renamed to "The Rescue".

Saying it makes more sense than Kjelle being afraid of bugs is what irritates me about a bunch of Chrom x MU fans.

Like I'd be more content with people shipping *MALE* MU x Chrom simply because I can't get over how people absolutely *GUSH* over "my son" or "my daughteru" when it comes to that pairing.

Hey, at least the English version didn't call it "The Rescue". :P:

Also wasn't it established that male Morgan was lying scummy McScum when he's Lucina's brother and contradicts himself like a million times

Also wasn't it established that male Morgan was lying scummy McScum when he's Lucina's brother and contradicts himself like a million times

This is true, actually. :P Morgan says in that support that he remembers Lucina, but in his parent supports, he says he remembers nobody except Robin. Etc etc. This is another reason I can't consider Chrom x Robin a possible absolute canon pairing, even if this was just an oversight by the localization/IS. What's done is done. lol

Also, trivia: male Morgan shares a battle line with Frederick: "Farewell." Frederick uses it as a crit, Morgan as a post-kill line. ;)

Edited by Anacybele

… Now you sound like the one trying to grasp for reasons as to why Frederick/Robin is "superior" to Chom/Robin ;/

Nah, I just wanted to point that out for fun. lol I don't believe any one pairing in the game is absolute canon, not even Chrom x Sumia even though it's pushed.

Nah, I just wanted to point that out for fun. lol I don't believe any one pairing in the game is absolute canon, not even Chrom x Sumia even though it's pushed.

Heck, Fates even leaves it ambiguous. I'm certain it's supposed to be entirely based on player choice and preference.

I don't know, people say Fates pushes male Corrin x Azura and I feel it also pushes Silas x female Corrin. But I don't think they're pushed at the level Chrom x Sumia is, so Fates is more ambiguous overall.

Edited by Anacybele