"I leave my Fate to the Wheel" A fun challenge run idea

Avalanche

Have you ever wanted to do a PMU, but were scared at the prospect of actually having to make Berserker!Nyx work? Well, fear not! I have the perfect solution. Behold, the Wheel (http://wheeldecide.com/)!

"Oh my god, what is he doing?"

Good question! Basically, I was bored at work last night and was thinking about how many people start PMU's, but never end up finishing them (myself included...). I also thought back to a thread I made a while back about using various random number generator tools online to pick your Pairings for a playthrough. Combine the two ideas together and viola! Instant Challenge Run!

"Umm, okay? How does it work?"

Easy.

- First, pick a gender for Corrin

- Next, find a decision making tool of your choice (I chose the wheel mostly because personal preference and for the Thread name)

and insert character names.

- Here's where you can start to personalize the challenge a bit. If you wanted to have the most random game possible, you would simply enter the name of every playable character on your route (This is for Revelation btw), and spin the wheel 16 times (we're going with maximum deployment counts for Endgame), making sure to remove whoever is chosen before spinning again. However, I opted to go for an even balance of gender (8 Guys, 8 Gals), Why? For fun.

- With that, you're done! This is your team for your playthrough of the Route you chose.

Here's the Team I got on my first try

Girls
1. Fem Corrin
2. Elise
3. Selena
4. Mitama
5. Camilla
6. Oboro
7. Flora
8. Sakura

Guys
1. Xander
2. Kiragi
3. Kaze
4. Odin
5. Shiro
6. Forrest
7. Azama
8. Ryoma

"Wow, way to cheat in your own Challenge Avalanche. Ryoma, Xander AND Camilla?!"

I swear this was all random. I swear! Since I'm such a nice guy, I'll throw one more step to the selection process. After spinning for your 16 units, I'll let you replace 1 of them with any unselected unit of your choice. In this case, I'll be replacing Ryoma with Hayato.

"Whatever. So is that it? Just play?"

Well, not really. See, this is still a PMU style challenge, so there is a bit more to it than simply spinning for units.

Rules

- First and Foremost, each of your units must be recruited as early as possible (I.E. Kids)

- Once a unit joins, they must be deployed. Always. The only exception is if you simply go over the deployment count with drafted units.

- If you still have room after you have deployed all of your units, you may deploy other units, but exclusively as Guard Stance fodder. I guess I'll be a nice guy and let you deploy a Staff Bot if you don't have one too.

- Grinding is up to your own discretion. I won't be doing it (though Odin is gonna make me wish I did...) and will instead be grinding all Supports in My Castle skirmishes.

- Bare in mind that drafted kids parents don't have to be exclusively characters in your pool (I don't think I would even be able to use all of my drafted kids if that were the case) and if necessary, their parent can take their place in deployment (I.E. you can use Ryoma in Rev Chapters 16 and 17 in place of Shiro, just make sure you recruit him before 18)

- Any undrafted characters who join mid map or are force deployed are fair game and can be utilized until Map completion.

- Paralogues are up to your own discretion (I'll be getting them all, but it won't be necessary.)

- Play on any difficulty you want. I'm doing Hard/Classic.

So that's my crazy/stupid idea. Lemme know your thoughts and if it sounds appealing or not.

I may try this for a Hoshido run. I'm not going to use children though. So how do you determine classes for the characters? Same method?

If you want, you can spin for them, but I'll leave it up to you. I'm just gonna go with my gut.

I had the same issue of not getting enough votes. Feel free to try this out if your curious, I'm actually shocked someone decided to do this immediately after I posted it!

Also, as a bit of a status update on my current run, I've reached the wonderful threshold of my Corrin (hereby named Corrine) hitting Level 15 right before Chapter 9. 1 Exp all day, erry day. Dread Fighter Kaze is also pretty great and Sakura sure can Staff Bot.

Edited by Avalanche

Low manning the early game was much easier than I thought (Jakob and Rinkah are best Guard Stanxe bots). I've cleared Chapter 10 and now have something resembling a real team. Now I just need to grind Takumi and Mozu to S Rank... On My Castle skirmishes. Joy

BTW, if anyone who's spun had actually started a Rin, feel free to post about how it's going. I'd love to know!

Edited by Avalanche

I got:

Males

Corrin

Jakob

Dwyer

Asugi

Saizo

Laslow

Arthur

Xander

Hayoto

Females

Charlotte

Elise

Kana

Camilla

Midori

Azura

Flora

Selena

Sakura

Yeah, I know that's 18 units not 16, but I was doing this while talking to some friends on Skype and we decided to do it another roll for lols

I can get rid of Sakura and Hayoto if it is a huge problem tho

I got:

Males

Corrin

Jakob

Dwyer

Asugi

Saizo

Laslow

Arthur

Xander

Hayoto

Females

Charlotte

Elise

Kana

Camilla

Midori

Azura

Flora

Selena

Sakura

Yeah, I know that's 18 units not 16, but I was doing this while talking to some friends on Skype and we decided to do it another roll for lols

I can get rid of Sakura and Hayoto if it is a huge problem tho

Oh it's an issue XD Of course it's fine, this is a really loose challenge. Heck, I can see that making things harder.

I tried do this a while back with 6 males, 6 females and 4 kids, but never got around to finishing it (I got VERY little early game units, just Corn, Kaze, Azura (Jakob was there, but I had already picked M!Corrin). I also didn't use other units. It was HELL by CH 10 Conquest, and I didn't want to grind.

I like the Randomized Classes idea, I'll probably set this up tomorrow and then probably go through the game in a week or so. I'll also probably randomize the MU name, gender, boon/bane, secondary class, and appearance too. The name will be the weird part though, since I'll have to Randomize the amount of letters AND the letters used. It's gonna be REALLY fun though. I can see the -SPD, +LCK already...

By fun I mean PAINFUL AS HELL.

Also, doing Hard/Classic. Not sure what route, might random that too.

Edited by TrueEm

So the wheel has decided my team for my next Conquest playthrough that I will do after finishing my current Birthright playthrough

Males:
Gunter
Keaton
Arthur
Odin
Xander
Benny
Jakob
Females:
Female Corrin
Mozu
Beruka
Selena
Camilla
Flora
Elise
This will be quite interesting, especially with Mozu and Gunter. Funny how I got Camilla and her retainers. Not sure whether to go Normal or Hard.
Edited by Ercdouken

So something tells me you PROBABLY weren't meant to do Kiragi's Paralogue during Chapter 11... No Xander/Ryoma/Scarlet and all. Regardless, I got through somehow, Kiragi still managed to pull off a 1 Stat Level (despite the Aptitude Mozu gave him...) and Corrine is now 2 EXP off from Level 20. Pretty okay so far. Now it's time for Ninja's...

Ok, time for RANDOM!

For everything but the name I used wheeldecide.com

For name I used www.behindthename.com/random and clicked all categories.

Gender: Female (I haven't done any full playthroughs with Female yet, yaaaaay!)

Build: Tall

Hair: (1-12) 3

Accessory: (1-6) 2 (Silver Clip)

Color: (1-30) 28 (Violet)

Face: (1-7) 6

Facial Detail: (1-12) 12

Voice: (1-3) 3

Name: Lorens

Birthday Month: 9

Birthday... day: (1-30 because month) 29

Boon: (1-8, 1 being Robust, 8 being Calm) 8

Bane: (1-7, 1 being Sickly, 7 being Fragile) (Can't use Excitable because Calm is Boon) 1

Talent: (1-17, 1 being Cavalier, 17 being Troubadour) 6 (Samurai)

Well... damn it. RES+, HP-. At least I got Samurai, those skill will be very helpful.

From here down I'll use andrew.hedges.name/experiments/random/pickone. I find it easier and quicker to use. (I've used it before)

Anyways, next is Route... 1-3, Birthright, Conquest, Revelations.

2. Damn it. Well, It'll be fine until Ch 20ish...

Anyways... UNIT TIME!

I'll be random-ing the units to be used first, then I'll random the classes.

I'll put the units now, then edit it to represent the pairings, then to represent the class.

Also, should I randomize from only their main and secondary classes (and maybe dlc classes?) Or from all available classes (From any non-avatar pairing?)

I put every route possible unit, including Kamuisexuals and Children in both lists.

Females: (8, counting Lorens)

Lorens

Camilla

Charlotte

Mozu

Felicia

Anna (YEEEEES!)

Nyx

Flora

Males: (8)

IGNATIUS

Jakob

Forrest

Silas

Arthur

Shigure

Izana

Benny

Well... damn it. Benny's S support will have to be a priority.

Anyways, will edit classes in once I get an answer.

Also... I'll be using the Path Bonuses, but not the Visit/Battle ones.

Random Adventure Part 1:

Beat 1-6. Easy peasy (I even found a better strategy for Ch 5). I used some of the non-picked units because it would've been almost impossible without them. From now on though, only for pair ups.

Ch 7 might be tough, since Effie is going to be for Pair-Ups only, that means I have to switch up my normal strategy for it. May send myself to the top, Arthur to the left and Silas paired with Effie to the bottom.

Edited by TrueEm

Ok, time for RANDOM!

For everything but the name I used wheeldecide.com

For name I used www.behindthename.com/random and clicked all categories.

Gender: Female (I haven't done any full playthroughs with Female yet, yaaaaay!)

Build: Tall

Hair: (1-12) 3

Accessory: (1-6) 2 (Silver Clip)

Color: (1-30) 28 (Violet)

Face: (1-7) 6

Facial Detail: (1-12) 12

Voice: (1-3) 3

Name: Lorens

Birthday Month: 9

Birthday... day: (1-30 because month) 29

Boon: (1-8, 1 being Robust, 8 being Calm) 8

Bane: (1-7, 1 being Sickly, 7 being Fragile) (Can't use Excitable because Calm is Boon) 1

Talent: (1-17, 1 being Cavalier, 17 being Troubadour) 6 (Samurai)

Well... damn it. RES+, HP-. At least I got Samurai, those skill will be very helpful.

From here down I'll use andrew.hedges.name/experiments/random/pickone. I find it easier and quicker to use. (I've used it before)

Anyways, next is Route... 1-3, Birthright, Conquest, Revelations.

2. Damn it. Well, It'll be fine until Ch 20ish...

Anyways... UNIT TIME!

I'll be random-ing the units to be used first, then I'll random the classes.

I'll put the units now, then edit it to represent the pairings, then to represent the class.

Also, should I randomize from only their main and secondary classes (and maybe dlc classes?) Or from all available classes (From any non-avatar pairing?)

I put every route possible unit, including Kamuisexuals and Children in both lists.

Females: (8, counting Lorens)

Lorens

Camilla

Charlotte

Mozu

Felicia

Anna (YEEEEES!)

Nyx

Flora

Males: (8)

IGNATIUS

Jakob

Forrest

Silas

Arthur

Shigure

Izana

Benny

Well... damn it. Benny's S support will have to be a priority.

Anyways, will edit classes in once I get an answer.

Also... I'll be using the Path Bonuses, but not the Visit/Battle ones.

Random Adventure Part 1:

Beat 1-6. Easy peasy (I even found a better strategy for Ch 5). I used some of the non-picked units because it would've been almost impossible without them. From now on though, only for pair ups.

Ch 7 might be tough, since Effie is going to be for Pair-Ups only, that means I have to switch up my normal strategy for it. May send myself to the top, Arthur to the left and Silas paired with Effie to the bottom.

I leave character Classes as a factor for you to decide. Personally, I wouldn't reccomend it much on Conquest (limited resources and all), but if you want to got the extra mile, by all means! For reference, for my Hard!Revelation challenge (the first time I've done it), I did not randomize my classes. Maybe when I do Birthright. I actually have a number of things I'd like to tweak with this challenge, but I'll save them for when I complete it.

I leave character Classes as a factor for you to decide. Personally, I wouldn't reccomend it much on Conquest (limited resources and all), but if you want to got the extra mile, by all means! For reference, for my Hard!Revelation challenge (the first time I've done it), I did not randomize my classes. Maybe when I do Birthright. I actually have a number of things I'd like to tweak with this challenge, but I'll save them for when I complete it.

I like the challenge honestly. I actually don't find Conquest to be too challenging after Ch 10 and before Ch 20.

I think I'll choose pairings, then choose classes based on Partner and Friendship seals (And DLC).

Since this is Conquest, Dread Fighters will be limited to 2, Lodestars to 1 and Great Lords to 1.

EDIT:

I'll alternate between male and female, ignoring children until the end.

Classes:

Lorens: Sorcerer (A Support Nyx)

Jakob: Malig Knight (S Support Beruka)

Camilla: Paladin (S Support Silas)

Silas: (Very limited because ^ ) Lodestar (Hero's Brand)

Charlotte: Sorcerer (She has a 0% personal Magic growth btw...) (A Support Nyx)

Arthur: Butler OF JUSTICE (S Support Elise)

Mozu: Adventurer (S Support Niles)

Izana: (Going to S-Support him. Gives him no extra classes, but its his only support.) Great Master

Felicia: Great Knight (Peeeeerfect...) (A Support Peri)

Benny: Vanguard (Vanguard Seal)

Anna: (Limited class options again...) Witch (Witch's Mark)

​I did this part in a word document, so it's a bit... weird...

Nyx: Strategist (S Support Leo)

Flora: Sorcerer (Secondary Class)

Ignatius: (Mother is Selena) Berserker (Secondary Class from Benny)

Forrest: (Mother is Nyx) Dark Knight (Secondary Class from Leo AND Nyx)

Shigure: (Father is Keaton) Kinshi Knight (Primary Class)

Most are good, but Charlotte will be basically useless. I may re-roll hers because of that.

Edited by TrueEm