Bonus EXP help

Bring healers to lvl 20 and promote to make them useful.

Bring characters you just recruited and plan to use to the level the rest of your team is at.

After units cap a few stats, bexp and reset to get a good amount of stats still.

...Or just be like me and only use bexp to level, ever, to make sure every character caps all possible stats (don't do that, it breaks the game, I might have a problem =P )

Seriously though, if you're on easy or normal mode, you get plenty of bexp. Go nuts with it, or ignore it altogether. The game is easy enough on any difficulty without it...

You get a crapload regardless of difficulty. The only difference is the huge amount of clear bonus bexp you get in the last few chapters on normal mode.

This game has a bunch of midgame units who need a big bexp dump to be useable. Examples being Astrid, Makalov, Jill, Nephenee, and Tormod.

If you're more comfortable with your early game units, then just use it to keep them evenly leveled.

You get a crapload regardless of difficulty. The only difference is the huge amount of clear bonus bexp you get in the last few chapters on normal mode.

This game has a bunch of midgame units who need a big bexp dump to be useable. Examples being Astrid, Makalov, Jill, Nephenee, and Tormod.

If you're more comfortable with your early game units, then just use it to keep them evenly leveled.

I've heard that Astrid has this skill that doubles obtained exp, does that apply to BEXP as well (If i give her 30, she will recieve 60)?

I've heard that Astrid has this skill that doubles obtained exp, does that apply to BEXP as well (If i give her 30, she will recieve 60)?

Yes, it does. Paragon is pretty amazing in this game (note that it does not double BEXP in Radiant Dawn, though, if you're playing that one as well).

Generally, if you want to use it but not break the game in any real way, give 3 levels to your lowest spread of units without giving more than one unit 1 level per session of BEXP. They'll keep you with a constant flow of EXP without snapping the game in two by having a character grossly higher in level than needed.

• 3 weeks later...

Use BEXP on a unit once they have capped a few stats. For example, a Soren who has capped lets say magic, skill and resistance and is nearing the end of his levels will not benefit much from further level ups. Bonus exp could get him to possibly cap other important stats like HP, speed, or even defense as it guarantees you +3 stat boosts (unless almost all of them are already capped). Units with no capped stats will benefit more from combat exp.

Or dump some of it on an under-leveled unit that you want to use. Giving them a couple of levels could make it much easier to feed them kills without getting killed in the process.

Or just not use it at all.

Use BEXP on a unit once they have capped a few stats. For example, a Soren who has capped lets say magic, skill and resistance and is nearing the end of his levels will not benefit much from further level ups. Bonus exp could get him to possibly cap other important stats like HP, speed, or even defense as it guarantees you +3 stat boosts (unless almost all of them are already capped). Units with no capped stats will benefit more from combat exp.

Or dump some of it on an under-leveled unit that you want to use. Giving them a couple of levels could make it much easier to feed them kills without getting killed in the process.

Or just not use it at all.

The 3 stat guarantee is only in Radiant Dawn, not in Path of Radiance ;)

To my mind it is interesting to give BEXP for the strongest or weakest units but not both at the same time. Sometimes you have to make the choice because it is hard to keep some units alive, like in Radiant Dawn.

Edit : I was wrong about BEXP, I thought is was about FE10.

Edited by Furaciter

The 3 stat guarantee is only in Radiant Dawn, not in Path of Radiance ;)

My bad. I got a little excited there and forgot which game I was talking about. I... I love you RD