Ever have a pairing that you like...

jdb1984

Ryoma x Oboro. Just because Shiro makes sense as the son of Oboro. o3o

...but this thread is about pairs that make the kid suffer in stats?

Ryoma/Oboro doesn't screw Shiro over at all. Solid stats all around and even gives him access to replicate or the LoD/Spendthrift combo if you wanna go that way. It's one of the pairs that let Shiro maintain his high durability as well, if you're looking at growths only.

There's no physical parent that really screw Shiro. The only ones who do are magical.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I thought class overlap counts tho : /

You literally can't get full class overlap with the kids (I think except in certain MU cases due to the coding between priest/priestess being different or something, probably an oversight, it doesn't happen here). They make sure the kid will always get 3 base classes.

Shiro gets Apothecary from Oboro which has no overlaps at all with Spear Fighter.

Not that Shiro even care about other classes that much, actually. His class set just by existing and whatever Ryoma can pass him is already excellent. The only way you can fuck Shiro up is nuke his (pick 2 of) Str, Spd, Def too hard. No physical parent he has access to are bad at more than 1 of the 3. Even Elise and Felicia can be worked with in Basara. Orochi's the only really awful option since she tanks all 3.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Beruka/Niles and Arthur/Felicia

Beruka and Niles have pretty great supports and one of my favorite S-supports of all time

A lot of Beruka's dialogue is even changed for her supports with Nina

The problem is that Beruka!Nina's caps are bizarre

She gets -2 strength and only +2 speed (which is still hilariously higher than Ryoma and Kaden) for only a +3 defense

The problems with Arthur/Felicia are pretty obvious

Percy's strength goes down to a 0 cap for +3 magic

He also has to deal with bad strength and magic growths

To a much lesser extent, Benny/Effie as well

The only thing it really gives Igantius is better strength and a bit more speed for less defense and Resistence

He also gets the troubadour line which gives pretty Meh skills (Tomebreakee is like the only decent one)

Definitely Ryoma and Elsie. It's such a great support, why does Shiro have to suck because of it?

Well, mine doesn't. He makes a good Basara and a good Dark Falcon.

Anyway, Orochi x anyone basically. She makes a good Crit Monster Ophelia though.

Ryoma/Orochi is my second favorite Ryoma support that is able to hit S rank (Considering RyoScarlet doesn't exist and Ryomarx is A+)

Which is a problem because my favorite is Ryoma/Rinkah, except I like to play around with Rinkah's classes so sometimes I give her Corn to grab a class off of

And Orochi will nuke Shiro

Who also happens to be a kid I actually care about

whoops

Whenever I let Corn borrow Rinkah, Ryoma's pairing situation always gives me headaches because I'm so fucking picky with him.

Also: Laslow/Orochi.

Goddammit Orochi at least I like you with Saizo and you don't fuck Asugi up

Kagero/Saizo/Orochi OT3. Too bad threesomes aren't possible in this game.

Nah, just treat Midori like you would treat Cynthia: make her a speed demon with Setsuna or Azura and you can fix up her poor attack mod (if you're capping) with +damage skills.

Kaze + Charlotte. I didn't need that defensive ability anyways, just slap Midori with a Merchant and Master Ninja and bam, problem solved.

Honestly, I think the worst pairing I did in my file was Ryoma X Setsuna, but then I realized I could make Shiro turn into Ike and my worries were settled down.

Beruka/Niles and Arthur/Felicia

Beruka and Niles have pretty great supports and one of my favorite S-supports of all time

A lot of Beruka's dialogue is even changed for her supports with Nina

The problem is that Beruka!Nina's caps are bizarre

She gets -2 strength and only +2 speed (which is still hilariously higher than Ryoma and Kaden) for only a +3 defense

The problems with Arthur/Felicia are pretty obvious

Percy's strength goes down to a 0 cap for +3 magic

He also has to deal with bad strength and magic growths

To a much lesser extent, Benny/Effie as well

The only thing it really gives Igantius is better strength and a bit more speed for less defense and Resistence

He also gets the troubadour line which gives pretty Meh skills (Tomebreakee is like the only decent one)

I intentionally did Beruka/Niles. I have a plan for that pairing, bizarre as it is. It should work, provided that I calculated everything correctly.