Game of Thrones (ASOIAF) thread

Alertcircuit

Well...

Honestly, the description Jon gave of death itself was pretty lame IMO. How the fuck can you come back from the dead as "you" if you drowned in nothingness when killed, effectively becoming "nothing"? They tried to run away from the "I saw God" cliché, but ended up with something equally shitty and which did not make any sense.

I was actually wondering if Melisandre's spell worked. I didn't watch the last season finale, so I haven't watched the scene where Jon is stabbed to death, but in The Red Woman they gave clues that Jon's "death" might not have been as much of a death as implied.

I believe that Jon came back a little different from his "death", but they haven't shown "how" different yet.

I haven't read the books but I don't mind being spoiled by them if the explanation is there, so post away! :)

The method of Jon's revival is similar to that of Beric Dondarrion, the Lightning Lord. He's only briefly appeared in the series, during Arya's storyline in season 2 where he fought the hound. We don't see much of him before his zombification but from what it appears he seems to be fully human even after dying half a dozen times. However in the books (and quite possibly in the show though they've taken their time with it) he transfers his revival powers to Catlyn Stark and she becomes Lady Stoneheart. Seemingly a person completely without emotion and single mindedly killing everyone involved in the Red Wedding or even tangentially related to the Lannisters she can get her hands on. So there's precedence for Jon's revival to go either way, or maybe meet somewhere in the middle. Right now he just looks bloody exhausted.

I think they might explore the idea of Jon not being all there, at least a little bit. Beric said that every time he gets brought back there's more of him missing. Plus Edd asks Jon something along the lines of "Are you sure it's still you in there?" And while that came off as a comic relief thing, it might have a deeper meaning.

• 2 weeks later...

-No dire wolf is safe and I'm sad about it.
-Bran really fucked it up for everyone in their little ice cave there
-Sansa is great.
-New fire witch is gonna do some crazy stuff for sure.
-Dany and Jora heart to heart was almost too much

Calling it right now, new red lady is the one who can cure Jorah's grayscale. Lmao at her "checkmate atheists" to Varys.

Wonder what Yara and Theon are going to do when they presumably make it to Meereen? Have Dany kill Euron and take his ships?

[spoiler=i just thought of something]

Yoooo what if the new Priestess cures Jorah's greyscale and gives him the titan arm like Victarion got from Moqorro in ADWD? Duuuuuuude.

Btw this season is the best since season 3. Hold the door.

Guessing Margaery is playing everyone while Tommen has no idea what he's doing. I'm interested in that next Olenna scene.

I'm hype about Benjen, hope they don't kill him off immediately. I also hope they tell us why he took the black in the first place.

As soon as Sam took that sword it all kind of clicked to me. Like that thing is definitely gonna get melted down at Oldtown for research or for general Walker slaying.

To add to the "Bran is the reason Aerys goes batshit crazy" theory, last episode the show goes out of it's way to show us Ned's dad. This week they show us Aerys himself. I'm guessing Bran goes back and tells him "Burn them all" to ensure Aerys gets those caches of wildfire made.

Mention of Brotherhood Without Banners, and reintroduction of Walder Frey? Brienne and Jaime both headed for the Riverlands? If I didn't know any better I'd be expecting a certain Lady Stoneheart to appear at the end of this season.

Next week we catch up with Theon and Yara. Them ending up with Dany would be pretty fitting. Exiled Hand, exiled Master of Whispers, exiled Kingsguard, exiled poacher, might as well throw some exiled Ironborn into that mix. Not sure what happens to Euron after that though.

1. Guessing Margaery is playing everyone while Tommen has no idea what he's doing. I'm interested in that next Olenna scene.

2. I'm hype about Benjen, hope they don't kill him off immediately. I also hope they tell us why he took the black in the first place.

3. As soon as Sam took that sword it all kind of clicked to me. Like that thing is definitely gonna get melted down at Oldtown for research or for general Walker slaying.

4. To add to the "Bran is the reason Aerys goes batshit crazy" theory, last episode the show goes out of it's way to show us Ned's dad. This week they show us Aerys himself. I'm guessing Bran goes back and tells him "Burn them all" to ensure Aerys gets those caches of wildfire made.

5. Mention of Brotherhood Without Banners, and reintroduction of Walder Frey? Brienne and Jaime both headed for the Riverlands? If I didn't know any better I'd be expecting a certain Lady Stoneheart to appear at the end of this season.

6. Next week we catch up with Theon and Yara. Them ending up with Dany would be pretty fitting. Exiled Hand, exiled Master of Whispers, exiled Kingsguard, exiled poacher, might as well throw some exiled Ironborn into that mix. Not sure what happens to Euron after that though.

1. I hope so, I'm not really comfortable with this new change in character. I hope she's just doing it to avoid the Walk of Atonement bs.

2. Agreed

3. I hope not. It's his family's sword. With all their long history, I'll also find it hard to believe if Oldtown doesn't have their own Valyrian Steel blade (or at least a dagger, a f*cking assassin in season 1 did). I'm kinda hoping for Sam the Slayer though.

4. Aerys has been crazy long before Robert's Rebellion and liked to burn people (according to the books, since he got kidnapped). Even if he wasn't in the show, I can't see a motivation for Bran intentionally wanting to do that (unless some time paradox is involved, and that would be pretty dumb and unfitting for GOT)

5. Hell yes

6. Let's just hope they don't fuck it up like Dorne (Haven't seen anything this season to suggest that, but still). With the conversation between Dany and Daario at the end, I can kind of see that happening, since Mereen lost all its ships, that would be a solution (a bit too convenient, but oh well.)

6. Let's just hope they don't fuck it up like Dorne (Haven't seen anything this season to suggest that, but still). With the conversation between Dany and Daario at the end, I can kind of see that happening, since Mereen lost all its ships, that would be a solution (a bit too convenient, but oh well.)

For the record, an Iron Born fleet is actively heading towards Mereen in the books, lead by an adapted out character called Victarion. So seeing Theon and Asha Yara filling that role instead seems the only path to go. He also has a Dragon enslaving horn Euron found somewhere so is expect that'll pop up somewhere too.

For the record, an Iron Born fleet is actively heading towards Mereen in the books, lead by an adapted out character called Victarion. So seeing Theon and Asha Yara filling that role instead seems the only path to go. He also has a Dragon enslaving horn Euron found somewhere so is expect that'll pop up somewhere too.

And remember in season 5, when Bronn and Jaime went to Dorne instead of the kingsguard guy (wtf was his name). Well we know how that went. Not saying that they will screw it up, but they might (really hope they don't though).

I think we're far enough in the season that we can do predictions. I just need to vent these somewhere.

[spoiler=Predictions]

Easteros

• Theon and Yara make it to Dany's place, tell her their story about how Euron's a kinslayer and generally an asshole. (Also Yara makes out with a girl at some point? According to the trailer?)
  • "How do we know you're who you say you are/how do we trust you?"
  • New Red Priestess knows they're not lying bc magic
  • Yara and Theon offer their ships and undying loyalty (cause Greyjoys are known to rebel) if Dany helps them usurp Euron and take the islands back.
  • Dany's justice boner throbs too hard to turn them down.
  • Euron shows up with those ships he somehow made despite his house words being "We Do Not Sow.", says some nasty and distasteful things
  • Dany brings out the dragons
  • Euron whips out the Dragon Ex Machina horn and is like hey so we're gonna conquer Westeros together or I burn down everything.
  • Dothraki and Unsullied board the ships
  • Dany's like "Hey Tyrion, I know I'm supposed to be the Queen of Mereen and all, but this diplomacy idea of yours isn't so bad. Hold the fort while I take over the rest of the world."
  • Eventually Euron dies because Dany's whole character is that creepy dudes who get in her way die.
  • Alternatively if there is no horn, Dany just kills Euron outright that episode.
  • Arya kills the Waif in a big bloody fight, maybe Arya gets injured or something but she wins. It's a long sequence. This takes place in episode 8.
  • Jaqen kinda gives up, because the Waif is a face added to the Hall and he's busy. As long as Arya's away from the Hall of Faces.
  • Arya sneaks on one of Dany's new ships to head back to Westeros. Or Maybe Dany finds her and is told Arya's a useful political pawn to get the Starks to kneel. Either way Dany is her ride back to Westeros.

Riverlands

• That one scene from the books where Lady Stoneheart kills those Freys happens. This could be as early as next episode. If we really don't want to do Stoneheart it can just be Beric and Thoros.
  • BUT the show seems to be rushing Brienne and Jaime to the Riverlands immediately so this time would be as good as any for a Stoneheart appearance.

Beyond the Wall

• Spider-Bran, Uncle Ben, and Meera go back to the Wall?
  • That mark Bran has is pretty important, it let the Night King get into the Raven's house. It will probably also let the Night King get into the Wall.
  • Bran has some more flashbacks. He is somehow responsible for Aerys yelling "Burn them all!" so the pyromancer makes all that wildfire that's gonna come in handy when they fight the Walkers at the end of the series.
  • At the finale he finds out Jon is Rhaegar's kid, Tower of Joy, etc. This scene will follow a Winterfell scene where someone suggests Jon should go for the throne, is possibly the final scene of the season.

Winterfell

• Lady Mormont is like "why should House Mormont trust you?"
  • Jon whips out Longclaw like a badass.
  • Davos finds out that Shireen was burned to death, starts absolutely freaking out on Melisandre. Davos accuses her of not even caring about the bodies she leaves in her wake. Mel gets upset and lets out that she was the one who cured Shireen's greyscale in the first place. This is why Stannis trusted and recruited her to begin with. From this point on the audience knows how to cure greyscale but Jorah still doesn't.
  • Jon wins the battle, because plot armor, and because some of Ramsey's allies turn on him.
  • Rickon suffers a leg wound at the very minimum.
  • There's a friendly death, betting on Wun-Wun.
  • Littlefinger brings in some troops, hoping to curry Sansa's favor.
  • Sansa is not pregnant.

King's Landing

• It's the trial!
  • Tommen being a bastard and Cersei/Jaime is confirmed to the public for real this time.
  • The Sparrow picks Loras as the Faith's champion. Tommen is forced to pick between his wife or his mother.
  • Tommen dies.
  • The Tyrells put Gendry on the throne in the aftermath. He was Littlefinger's gift to Olenna.

Oh, and Sam makes it to Oldtown.

• 2 weeks later...

I think we're far enough in the season that we can do predictions. I just need to vent these somewhere.

[spoiler=Predictions]

Easteros

• Theon and Yara make it to Dany's place, tell her their story about how Euron's a kinslayer and generally an asshole. (Also Yara makes out with a girl at some point? According to the trailer?)
  • "How do we know you're who you say you are/how do we trust you?"
  • New Red Priestess knows they're not lying bc magic
  • Yara and Theon offer their ships and undying loyalty (cause Greyjoys are known to rebel) if Dany helps them usurp Euron and take the islands back.
  • Dany's justice boner throbs too hard to turn them down.
  • Euron shows up with those ships he somehow made despite his house words being "We Do Not Sow.", says some nasty and distasteful things
  • Dany brings out the dragons
  • Euron whips out the Dragon Ex Machina horn and is like hey so we're gonna conquer Westeros together or I burn down everything.
  • Dothraki and Unsullied board the ships
  • Dany's like "Hey Tyrion, I know I'm supposed to be the Queen of Mereen and all, but this diplomacy idea of yours isn't so bad. Hold the fort while I take over the rest of the world."
  • Eventually Euron dies because Dany's whole character is that creepy dudes who get in her way die.
  • Alternatively if there is no horn, Dany just kills Euron outright that episode.
  • Arya kills the Waif in a big bloody fight, maybe Arya gets injured or something but she wins. It's a long sequence. This takes place in episode 8.
  • Jaqen kinda gives up, because the Waif is a face added to the Hall and he's busy. As long as Arya's away from the Hall of Faces.
  • Arya sneaks on one of Dany's new ships to head back to Westeros. Or Maybe Dany finds her and is told Arya's a useful political pawn to get the Starks to kneel. Either way Dany is her ride back to Westeros.

Riverlands

• That one scene from the books where Lady Stoneheart kills those Freys happens. This could be as early as next episode. If we really don't want to do Stoneheart it can just be Beric and Thoros.
  • BUT the show seems to be rushing Brienne and Jaime to the Riverlands immediately so this time would be as good as any for a Stoneheart appearance.

Beyond the Wall

• Spider-Bran, Uncle Ben, and Meera go back to the Wall?
  • That mark Bran has is pretty important, it let the Night King get into the Raven's house. It will probably also let the Night King get into the Wall.
  • Bran has some more flashbacks. He is somehow responsible for Aerys yelling "Burn them all!" so the pyromancer makes all that wildfire that's gonna come in handy when they fight the Walkers at the end of the series.
  • At the finale he finds out Jon is Rhaegar's kid, Tower of Joy, etc. This scene will follow a Winterfell scene where someone suggests Jon should go for the throne, is possibly the final scene of the season.

Winterfell

• Lady Mormont is like "why should House Mormont trust you?"
  • Jon whips out Longclaw like a badass.
  • Davos finds out that Shireen was burned to death, starts absolutely freaking out on Melisandre. Davos accuses her of not even caring about the bodies she leaves in her wake. Mel gets upset and lets out that she was the one who cured Shireen's greyscale in the first place. This is why Stannis trusted and recruited her to begin with. From this point on the audience knows how to cure greyscale but Jorah still doesn't.
  • Jon wins the battle, because plot armor, and because some of Ramsey's allies turn on him.
  • Rickon suffers a leg wound at the very minimum.
  • There's a friendly death, betting on Wun-Wun.
  • Littlefinger brings in some troops, hoping to curry Sansa's favor.
  • Sansa is not pregnant.

King's Landing

• It's the trial!
  • Tommen being a bastard and Cersei/Jaime is confirmed to the public for real this time.
  • The Sparrow picks Loras as the Faith's champion. Tommen is forced to pick between his wife or his mother.
  • Tommen dies.
  • The Tyrells put Gendry on the throne in the aftermath. He was Littlefinger's gift to Olenna.

Oh, and Sam makes it to Oldtown.

Bolded part, that's a prediction that went a little north of accurate.

Also here's a shot of me at that battle. It's the same one that was in the trailer except in the episode it is much clearer. I'm was also present from pretty much the entire sequence, barring the Bolton army panning shot, but I've gone through it with a fine tooth comb and this is the only on screen appearance I've managed to find. Also for some reason this time I was able to embed the photo where I couldn't before. Strange.

AzQd6eV.jpg

Edited by Jotari

• 3 weeks later...

bolton is a fuck but he is a brilliant commander and should not have lost

edit: i did not see the part where house arryn rushed into the battle. omg that made me smile so hard

Edited by Sparks