Least favorite unit in FE per game

TheAstraWolf

that's still better than being a shitty unit

you're listing things that other people do better - but also things they don't do badly at all... being outclassed != being the worst unit in the game

what does wendy do well? die

what does sophia do well? die, do like 5 damage from 2 range with like 50% hit

????

are you going to say next that forde and kyle are the worst units in the sacred stones because seth, franz, and duessel do what they do but so much better

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep! Wound up using her over Odin. Countercurse was hilarious, and Niles made her pretty damn fast.

I see. I'm considering making her a DARK KNIGHT. Should fix at least one of her major problems.

FE1: Elice- Read FE11.

FE2: Bowey- Joins early with underwhelming bases and awful growths. Probably contributes more than everyone else on this list combined sans Benny.

FE3 Book 1: Gotoh- Never fucking joins.

FE3 Book 2: Read FE12.

FE4: Hannibal- Joins late with underwhelming bases and skills. Foot unit in FE4 without any redeeming qualities (besides being married to war) to make up for that.

FE5: Cyas- Deprives you of using Sety.

FE6: Sophia- Joins around the middle with awful bases. Never contributes ever without grinding/feeding. Still cooler than Ewan.

FE7: Karla- Joins late with underwhelming bases. Never contributes ever, requires leveling Bartre to ??/5 to be recruitable, isn't even available on Eliwood Mode.

FE8: Ewan- Joins late with awful bases. Never contributes ever without grinding/feeding. Also I hate him.

FE9: Rolf- Joins early with awful bases. Never contributes ever without grinding/feeding.

FE10: Lyre- Joins around the middle (with overall poor availability) with awful bases. Never contributes ever without grinding/feeding.

FE11: Elice- Joins late with awful bases and growths. Never contributes ever.

FE12: Lena- Joins during the final chapter with awful bases. Never contributes ever, is probably better off dead, requires deploying Julian to recruit her.

FE13: Donnel- Joins early with awful bases. Never contributes ever without grinding/feeding.

FE14 Conquest: Benny- Joins late with underwhelming bases and decent skills. Can probably contribute, it's just that there are 50 people who do his job better than he does.

FE14 Birthright: Hayato- Joins early with awful bases. Never contributes ever without grinding/feeding.

FE14 Revelations: Odin- Joins late with awful bases. Never contributes ever.

TRS: Ezekiel/Ruka (1st Choice)- Deprives you of using Narron (Lee gets a pass because he gives you the broken as fuck Defense Staff and is legit in his own right).

Edited by Refa

You can spam rescue staff and it's incredibly common to buy. It gives her a lot of experience too.

I'm not sure exactly what you were trying to address with this, unless it's the thing about Maribelle being hard to marry off, which I think rescue spam wouldn't really alleviate...

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Take notes, becuas this is a quality list

gr8 b8, m8

Rescue spam is more like an argument for Maribelle becoming a quality unit on her own. And no, she's not outclassed by Libra and Anna. They're pure utility units after a while, and it's easier to keep Maribelle a decent combat unit in my experience because she can get exp more easily in the earlygame, and because tome is a better weapon type on a mag-orientated unit than swords or axes. Being mounted helps but isn't crucial.

Anyway,

FE4 g1: Arden

FE4 g2: Daisy

FE5: Shanam, because money really isn't that hard to get. This is capture emblem and weapons sell for quite a bit in this game should you need extra money that late.

FE6: Wendy

FE7: Karla

FE8: Ewan

FE9: no idea

FE10: Lyre

FE11: Macellan

FE12: Roshea

FE13: Donnel

gr8 b8, m8

Rescue spam is more like an argument for Maribelle becoming a quality unit on her own. And no, she's not outclassed by Libra and Anna. They're pure utility units after a while, and it's easier to keep Maribelle a decent combat unit in my experience because she can get exp more easily in the earlygame, and because tome is a better weapon type on a mag-orientated unit than swords or axes. Being mounted helps but isn't crucial.

On that note, I find it hard for Libra in particular to claim to compete with her because you only get one Bolt Axe, and that ain't until late in the game.

Tons of lists with not worst units omg

4: Ardan and uh Hannibal

6: Wendy

7: Nino and maybe Renault, why are ppl saying Wil is the worst unit? Wil at least chips hard and upon growing can snipe enemies with high str, he'll struggle doubling but his average growths will make him stand quite decent for the game. Asides, enemies here are terrible and his wind support will buff his crt and hit. O

Nino is introduced to grind in Sonia's chapter carefully, without taking hits, and while her growths are awesome, your other mages will already be good, like Pent, Canas and maybe Erk. On the other hand, Renault is trash, combat wise and utility wise.

8: Ewan or Marisa

9: Rofl

10: Liar, so terrible.

11: Tomas, Macellan, Boah etc.

12: idk, maybe Tomas because he seems shitty

13: Donnel, Mozu is tons bettur

14 Conquest: Gunter, so fucking horrible I mean. Nyx is actually good at killing with high Magic and Spd, she can go Adventurer, use staves and get to C bows to use Shining Bow and get access to Lucky Seven for better avoid, she has toilet paper durability but still is useful.

14 Birthright: Hayato I guess

Take notes, becuas this is a quality list

I've been wondering about this for a while and I want to see what you guys consider the worst units.

My playing style for 13 is playing the DLC map for experience until everyone has all the skills I like. Maribelle, being a healer and all, can't do this (yet I need her to give Brady Galeforce). For my playing style, I consider her the worst unit. (Lissa gets plenty exp before I have access to DLC). Hate my playing style all you want, my opinion doesn't change. =P

My playing style for 13 is playing the DLC map for experience until everyone has all the skills I like. Maribelle, being a healer and all, can't do this (yet I need her to give Brady Galeforce). For my playing style, I consider her the worst unit. (Lissa gets plenty exp before I have access to DLC). Hate my playing style all you want, my opinion doesn't change. =P

You know you could just reclass her?

You know you could just reclass her?

A character needs to be lvl 10 to reclass, Maribelle joins lvl 5. I know, it's not a whole lot, but it still makes her worse than any other character in this game to me. ^^

I think it is time to clarify something that is mostly my fault. This is actually a least favorite thread (hence why some of these units are actually least favorites of mine). I shall change the title.

Dang. If it's actually least favorite, that changes everything. Guess I better start thinking up a new list...

EDIT:

FE7: No one's coming to mind atm.

FE8: Dozla for coming in prepromoted with uninspiring stats.

FE9: Jill for never turning out good for me.

FE10: I still haven't forgiven Edward for failing to live up to the hype he got before RD's release.

FE13: Donnel for reasons already stated, but Gaius and Yarne give him stiff competition.

Fates BR. Takumi, Takumi, TAKUMI. Also Ryoma, but mostly Takumi (both are hyped up by the fanbase as gods of war, and I hate it for getting really old really quickly. Well, that, and I'm still scarred to this day by Edward the Fraud.).

Dang. If it's actually least favorite, that changes everything. Guess I better start thinking up a new list...

EDIT:

FE7: No one's coming to mind atm.

FE8: Dozla for coming in prepromoted with uninspiring stats.

FE9: Jill for never turning out good for me.

FE10: I still haven't forgiven Edward for failing to live up to the hype he got before RD's release.

FE13: Donnel for reasons already stated, but Gaius and Yarne give him stiff competition.

Fates BR. Takumi, Takumi, TAKUMI. Also Ryoma, but mostly Takumi (both are hyped up by the fanbase as gods of war, and I hate it for getting really old really quickly. Well, that, and I'm still scarred to this day by Edward the Fraud.).

What reasons that haven't been disproven do you have, good sir

What reasons that haven't been disproven do you have, good sir

I find it funny you say that, because if anything, YOU'RE the one whose reasons have been disproven.

How?

Most of your argument I've seen is essentially "she's outclassed by Lissa/Libra/Anna/Brady", and 3/4 of that fails to hold water (Brady probably won't even be relevant until lategame, if at all, because Maribelle's a healer, and thus not exactly going to be easy to marry off, and Libra and Anna wind up as utility units after a while, for one, and second, her combat tends to be better than theirs because tomes are a better weapon for a magic oriented unit than swords or axes [sure, Levin Swords and Bolt Axes exist, but you don't get very many of either], and there's the part where she gets exp more easily in the earlygame). Also, news flash: Being outclassed != being the worst unit in the game.

Most of your argument I've seen is essentially "she's outclassed by Lissa/Libra/Anna/Brady", and 3/4 of that fails to hold water (Brady probably won't even be relevant until lategame, if at all, because Maribelle's a healer, and thus not exactly going to be easy to marry off, and Libra and Anna wind up as utility units after a while, for one, and second, her combat tends to be better than theirs because tomes are a better weapon for a magic oriented unit than swords or axes [sure, Levin Swords and Bolt Axes exist, but you don't get very many of either], and there's the part where she gets exp more easily in the earlygame). Also, news flash: Being outclassed != being the worst unit in the game.

Not true. It seems that most people don't want to put in the effort to train Donnel, but that doesn't make him bad. That's just anti-Est bias. What matters to me is not the time it takes to train a unit, but what they'll be like at the end. Therein lies the problem with Maribelle: She isn't guaranteed to be good. I definitely still value her as a unit, but I'm not exactly willing to spend my hard-earned gold on Rescue staves when I could be saving that money for Master Seals for my other units. Besides, they both are better than Aversa, Yen'Fay, Gangrel, or Emmeryn. Seriously, Walhart is almost maxed with a Prf , and Priam has 5 skills and a Regalia.

The bolded part can apply to Donnel too, Gangrel drops a Levin Sword, and who the hell promotes Lissa into a War Cleric?

Most of your anti-Donnel argument consists of "He needs babying'. Yes, that is true, but needing babying != bad unit, especially when he reclasses.

Come on, you're just randomly fishing for arguments. Brady can't come into play without Maribelle seeing a lot of action, Libra uses axes exclusively with mediocre atk and Gangrel's Levin Sword is limited to 25 uses. That's much worse than the easily buyable tomes. The point was also 3/4 of the units mentioned don't outclass her, which is true with Lissa being the only one out of the examples who is actually better.

You have to go far out of your way to even set up kills for Donnel because his base atk is completely pathetic and he's OHKOed by a long shot and doubled simultaneously at base, so protecting him after he gets kills can take extra effort. No other units require you to go out of your way this much because they can sport some sort of self-reliance and general performance while gaining exp.

And don't give me the "outclassed =/= bad" argument as if it applies equally everywhere because there are enough factors other than "outclassed" to warrant calling him a bad unit.

@Hylian Air Force, not everyone even cares about the spotpass paralogues tbf because they're a waste of time. The units from them are qualitatively good but useless (they're viable on some DLC maps and the other spotpass maps if nothing else), while Donnel is a contender for "worst unit out of the choices that matter to me".

Edited by Gradivus.

Maribelle is healing on a horse who joins early

What more do you even want

And Donny's got less final class options too, only 3, because overlap and lolVillager

And if you bother training Maribelle, she gets Galeforks which is great

FE4: The armor guy Arden or something

FE5: Marty, stricktly worse than the other two axe users.

FE6: It's between Guiding Ring and the 9/10 Armor Knight

FE7: Wallace

FE8: Ewan

FE11: Not Caeda

FE13: Grudge match between Ricken (outclassed in his join chapter by two other magic users) and Donnel (Belongs in the trash)

FE14: Revelation Odin

The bolded part can apply to Donnel too, Gangrel drops a Levin Sword, and who the hell promotes Lissa into a War Cleric?

Most of your anti-Donnel argument consists of "He needs babying'. Yes, that is true, but needing babying != bad unit, especially when he reclasses.

Donnel has more going against him than just being outclassed, last I checked. Like bad jointime (don't even try to pretend that coming in with shit bases during an axe-heavy portion of the game isn't bad jointime, especially when his paralogue comes right before a chapter where you're strapped for unit slots, with Wyvern country coming right after).

Fe14 Birthright: Subaki. There's basically no merit whatsoever to using this guy, his growth rates are absolutely atrocious (Everything but HP, skill and defense averages at around 25%) to the point that his boasting of being perfect almost seems like an inside joke. He's basically the only character whose child is actually superior to them.