Least favorite unit in FE per game

TheAstraWolf

I guess, but these are loldiers, aka those scrubs that pretty much stop being relevant once Lyn and her gang join up, we're talking about.

Very true, however he can use them to get the EXP he needs to get a few more levels if he's able to actually kill them, which would theoretically let him throw down against real enemies. It doesn't make him good, just less bad.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dorcas is faster than Bartre on average at equal levels until level 11 unpromoted despite Bartre's speed growth being twice as high as Dorcas' speed growth.

Come to think of it, I think Bartre gets doubled by Brigands in Chapter 12 on Hector Hard Mode because his speed base is just that bad.

FE11: Maria. There was a discussion earlier about a unit being a bad healer, but I'm surprised no one brought up a healer who's actually bad. Which is definitely her. Also, Radd, for not being the replacement unit he was on NES and Super NES. But of course, many units in this game stink. So...

FE12: Haven't played it enough times to say.

FE4pt1: Azel. It may be because Fire Magic stinks in that game. But still!

FE4pt2: I guess Patty.

FE6: Sophia. It's actually pretty easy to see why. Wendy too.

FE7: I like Nino as a character. But not as a unit.

FE8: Amelia, for the same reasons as Nino.

FE9: Never liked Tormod in this game. Probably because I already had Soren and Illyana by the time he joins.

FE10: Edward. Even non-FE fans can see that he's not exactly worth putting any effort into at least when Zihark joins. Don't get me wrong. He's decent. Just not anything notable to warrant any praise.

FE13: Donnel. Even if only because he's overrated by people who don't know all too better about him.

FE14: Mozu.

Edited by Just call me AL

To be fair, at least Dorcas has a somewhat respectable speed base. I'd consider that enough to give him the edge over Bartre.

An edge that Dorcas will lose pretty fast, because DORC's spd, while its base is decent for early game, it tends to be poop by lategame, although with one or two speedwings he'll be safe. Bartre on the other hand won't be needing boosters because the benchmark for lategame is pretty low overall.

FE9: Never liked Tormod in this game. Probably because I already had Soren and Illyana by the time he joins.

FE14: Mozu.

WRT Mozu, is this in general, or for one specific game?

WRT Tormod, that's the same reason why I don't use him, though he's not one of my least favorite units in the game. Makalov, however, IS, and suffers from the same, as well as bad timing (joining right before a desert chapter).

An edge that Dorcas will lose pretty fast, because DORC's spd, while its base is decent for early game, it tends to be poop by lategame, although with one or two speedwings he'll be safe. Bartre on the other hand won't be needing boosters because the benchmark for lategame is pretty low overall.

True. though tbh, I think Dorcas is better because he's at least decent early on, which is more than can be said of Bartre.

WRT Mozu, is this in general, or for one specific game?

Just in general. Though I will admit that I haven't touched Revelation, yet. And from what I hear, that may be another route where she's better than at least one unit.

WRT Tormod, that's the same reason why I don't use him, though he's not one of my least favorite units in the game. Makalov, however, IS, and suffers from the same, as well as bad timing (joining right before a desert chapter).

True. But I'd rather spend BEXP on someone with a Horse than someone without one. And in that way, Mak can be redeemed.

Just in general. Though I will admit that I haven't touched Revelation, yet. And from what I hear, that may be another route where she's better than at least one unit.

True. But I'd rather spend BEXP on someone with a Horse than someone without one. And in that way, Mak can be redeemed.

I see. I'd consider her to have a niche on Conquest at least, since you only have Niles (and Anna if you have the DLC for her) for unpromoted bow users. Not sure about Revelation either.

Well, Tormod does have Celerity in his favour, at least, Makalov doesn't really have much that'd convince me he'd be worth investing in, other than a horse, and even then, I'd rather just invest in Titania, Oscar, Kieran, or Astrid.

• 2 weeks later...

she has no combat and only 5 movement what a scrub

FE1 - One of those armors that are trapped with Midia

FE3 - uhh... no idea, Est? Sheema?

FE4 - like Tiltyu or Ardan for Gen 1, and for Gen 2 it's Hannibal

FE5 - I never understood the point of Shanam myself.

FE6 - Sophia? Wendy? I lean towards Wendy but I'm not going to get into this argument

FE7 - Nino

FE8 - Ewan

FE9 - Rolf

FE10 - Lyre, Meg?

FE11 - see FE1

FE12 - I haven't played enough to judge

FE13 - I legitimately think Ricken has nothing going for him

And it's tough to say for Fates who's the worst in each game.

Ricken has one thing going for him though. He is voiced by the same guy who voices Sasuke in Naruto.

Edited by CatManThree

FE 4-Arden and Corpul. Arden is just, Arden and Corpul is too weak by teh time he comes and I already have Lana and Nanna for healing.

FE 6-Wendy. I tried so hard when I got her but failed.

FE 7-Wil. My Rath, Rebecca and Louise are always better archers.

FE 8-Marisa. Joshua is the superior Swordmaster and Colm is a superior Assassin.

FE 9-Ena. Most units before her are usable. But why would you choose Ena when you can get Nasir who is way better,

FE 10-Lyre. She never, ever was good for me. Even Meg and Fiona got good stats on some of my runs, she never did.

FE 11-A lot of units, like a lot.

FE 12-Above.

FE 13-Ricken. He just doesn't stand out much.

FE 14 B-Setsuna. She is okay, but Takumi.

FE 14 C-Nyx. She is too fragile to use efficiently from my experience.

FE 14 R-Any late game unit that is not promoted or a royal.

FE6: Haven't finished it yet cause the map design makes me wanna cry at a point, but Lilina takes the cake for me if we're singling out one unit specifically. ALL of the knights would've been here because what's the point of those in FE6 when almost all the maps are huge and have gaps? Lilina rubs me the wrong way as a unit, and as a character to a certain extent. She's a mage with low speed and skill when you first get her, which is are two stats a mage should not lack no matter how much MAG they get imo. Mages should at least one of those as their boon besides MAG, because what's the point of having all that power and you can't hit, or you face a Mage-Counter like a Peg Knight and you can't dodge AND get doubled? Mages already have enough bad time with low CON and DEF, which was the main thing for me. Liliina could get DOUBLED when I fucked up and a mercenary attacked her, with the Thunder tome that Roy conveniently pulled out of his ass, which is the other thing, her character, which is prolly an unpopular opinion. Lilina just seemed shoehorned there to be the love interest, and she's a cliche childhood best friend that falls for the Main Protagonist. At least she can be used to recruit Gonzoles.

FE7: Wil. Up to FE8 the archers were pretty bad if they weren't a prepromote. Wil was just RNG screwed so hard and he couldn't kill anything. He's also very boring and the most forgettable out of Lyn's group, imo.

FE8: Due to grinding all of the units can be viable at a certain period of time, but I had to chose the worse I'd pick Mustache Man, Molder. He's tanky, yes, but the fact can he can get crit'd made me scared and prevented me from using him anymore after Natasha came along. Natasha was also easier to train cause she had mend.

FE13(1st Gen): Ricken. I can't fucking stand this kid. On normal mode he can hold out on his own, but on hard mode he can't even kill the Wyvern Riders on his own without pairing up with Maribelle and he has a WIND TOME. Him and Virion can't even double the EXP dlc's enemies, the fuck?! His speed and skill was the breaking point for me. Also I can't stand his character. He's stuck up brat who risks his life just to prove that can he hold his own. A lot of people compare Hayoto to him, but I can't see it. Hayoto seems way more mature as is way more worth the effort. Seriously, fuck this kid.

FE13(2nd Gen): Yarne. He himself isn't a bad character and probably not a bad unit, but the Beast class in this game sucks. Panne is the same, but you have to go though a lot to get Yarne in tact.

FE14(Birthright): Hinata. Sorry bro, but you need to actually be able to do some damage.

FE14(Conquest) Nyx. Why? I like her as a character and like her design, so why did had to be sooooo bad? She's just so frail and can barely hit anything because of her low skill. All the Dark Mages are just so underwhelming in this game. Even Odin due to him having meh speed.

FE14(Revelations): Haven't finished, but the fact that Orochi can get ORKO'd by the ninja is a fucking inconvenience. I HATE recruitment chapters like that.

Edited by SageHarpuiaJDJ

FE6: Haven't finished it yet cause the map design makes me wanna cry at a point, but Lilina takes the cake for me if we're singling out one unit specifically. ALL of the knights would've been here because what's the point of those in FE6 when almost all the maps are huge and have gaps? Lilina rubs me the wrong way as a unit, and as a character to a certain extent. She's a mage with low speed and skill when you first get her, which is are two stats a mage should not lack no matter how much MAG they get imo. Mages should at least one of those as their boon besides MAG, because what's the point of having all that power and you can't hit, or you face a Mage-Counter like a Peg Knight and you can't dodge AND get doubled? Mages already have enough bad time with low CON and DEF, which was the main thing for me. Liliina could get DOUBLED when I fucked up and a mercenary attacked her, with the Thunder tome that Roy conveniently pulled out of his ass, which is the other thing, her character, which is prolly an unpopular opinion. Lilina just seemed shoehorned there to be the love interest, and she's a cliche childhood best friend that falls for the Main Protagonist. At least she can be used to recruit Gonzoles.

In fairness, she (and for that matter, FE6 mages in general) isn't hit as hard by low Con as mages in the other two GBA titles since most tomes are rather light in FE6.

Anyways... Another unit I don't like using: Charlotte in CQ. The Fighters in Fates are just underwhelming (neither's capable of hitting much, Arthur's piss-poor luck and crappy personal make him a liability on the battlefield, and Charlotte is pretty frail), which sucks because I like Arthur's design and character. It's like, why did they have to be so bad???

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

In terms of GAMEPLAY...

FE4: Ardan, for numerous facts, the most obvious being low movement, mediocre combat, and the fact that he has several better fathers in his generation.

FE6: Sophia. Wendy can at least be kept alive in her join chapter by having her stay back. Sophia HAS to move around the map, and there is a much-needed Guiding Ring that only she can get in the desert.

FE7: Wallace. To me there is nothing redeeming about him, when you have the vastly superior Oswin on your team, and recruiting Wallace means you didn't recruit Geitz.

FE8: Marisa, because she has awful join-times and worse combat.

FE9: Rolf, because he's bow-locked and on foot. At least Astrid has a horse and Paragon. What makes matters worse for Rolf is that he's REQUIRED to recruit Shinon, who is vastly superior.

FE10: Fiona. Just... BAD.

FE12: Basically anyone recruited from Chapter 11 onward, because your best units all join extremely earlygame.