[GAME-OVER] Everyone Is Music Mafia; Congratulations Elieson, SB. and Mitsuki

Jiac

"Another successful job. And it didn't go as bad as last time, looking at you Blitz and Gaius.

Dear Mitsuki,

You are Eidolon Orpheus composer in various projects such as Homestuck! You were super vague with who this dude is so I will be too when writing flavor. At least you get a never seen before role! Your real name is Thomas Ferkol, which looks Slavig/Nordic on first glance? You are known to do commissions for projects like Homestuck and the Let's Play Bravemule. Web comic artists in general praise your ability.

Commission (Active): You can sell yourself to the highest bidder. Each night you may reply to your Role PM, Create a soundtrack for Alias. The next, your target will ignore BPVs and roleblocks. You also may reply to your Role PM, My price is you killing Alias, where Alias is not the original target. If they fail to kill your target, you will then take their own BPV for stiffing you and roleblock them the next night. You will be informed if this ability activates.

You are playing under the alias "Tarit".

You are allied with Kinumi under the E Flat Minor chord.

You win if one member in your team makes it to the final three.

Mitsuki is the final victor, but at what price.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ggwp

[spoiler=ingame thoughts][08/06/2016 15:21:46] SB: did i shoot my partner

[08/06/2016 15:22:05] Lord Gaius: no

(tl note: no means basically yes)

[08/06/2016 17:27:22] SB: btw why i think the buddy system is kind of bad is

you can have them be random, and then match up people who have very different effort levels (which is fine on its own, you dont need to go super duper tryhard in eimm or maybe you just dont have the time to) which is lame for the dude putting in the most effort

or you can have it be choose your pair which means nothing because you could just agree to ally ingame or pregame

im not actually salty about this and the reason i didnt join at first was because i thought i would be the low effort guy, i mostly think its kind of funny but yeah

Cheers to BT, DLE, Marth and everyone who won with me.

Far over the misty mountains cold,

To dungeons deep and caverns old,

We must away ere break of day,

To seek the pale enchanted gold.

Fin

Postgame will come later today when I don't have class.

Edited by M. Shadows

tl;dr

Mitsuki got Kim to save my life thanks to SB's goddamn buddy

and SB was immortal for tonight

I couldn't ignore those facts going into N5.

So long and thanks for the excellent Skype/PM logs, Spieky

Congrats to the winners that F4 was tense. Thanks to Kirsche for all the info he gathered night 1, it helped me out a lot in making it as far as I did. Also thanks to Kat, Zeo, and Jav for being great allies this game!

If this game were to start again, I'd do exactly the same I did to get to this point.

I'm so glad Elie, SB and Kinumi won. Congratulations guys, I'm glad I could help you make it to victory. Apologizing to Blitz, BT and Koneko for not being able to help them, though. And to BT for shooting his buddy after he died </3

And further apologizing to Kat, DB and Sylv (specially to you, you seem like such a nice person and I felt the worst about this) for planning their deaths when I had promised that I wouldn't plan for the death of anyone who claimed to me. I hope you understand that I was doing what I could to get my team closer to victory.

I'd try to repay it, but I'm not joining EIMM anymore. Not worth it to betray people honestly. This game was fun and I accomplished my goal of helping friends win. I'm more than ok with stopping here.

So, like, that's two thirds of team MitSBT. That's more than half a win. :toot:

Good job to everyone who didn't idle, and thanks to all the dead people who followed the game. The Baccano rewatch was real, even if I didn't rewatch Baccano.

Special mention to Reiyson for being a total bro.

Edited by BT.

Ken Masters didn't you think that lying about your wincon when you were claiming your buddy died and no dead person had an alt wincon was a little suspicious? lol

TBF at that point I had lied so much at that point, that I lost track, lol. EIMM gives you that freedom, I guess :P

Totally worth it, though! Ganonciding was scary enough to prevent a kill for 2 nights :^_^:

Edited by Ken Masters

Makaze.

Don't take this from me. B(

It's okay, getting just one person to watch Baccano! gives this game value IMO.

Postgame: Gaius Edition

Aight so since I basically created the game I'll handle postgame.

Pairs: Just some quick synopsis of how everybody played for the uninformed

SB and Slife: SB did a good job of not having people shoot him and he could have won the game as a vanilla so props to him. His partner doesn't exist so whatever.

Mitsuki and Kinumi: Probably the most functional pair, they did a good job of sharing info and making decisions and like, actually compromising. Kim got wrecked by Bean but Mitsuki won it in the end.

Elieson and Spieky: Another instance where one partner did all the work and somehow won. Spieky did jack, was probably a hindrance to the team overall. Elie made good friends in team Actually Plays Mafia and only screwed up by accidentally killing Marth. And he didn't throw which is the major takeaway.

Marth and Zexy: Zexy didn't realize Marth and him were allied until he died. Marth did well but pulled a Marth and died right before the end of the game. It's a shame Elie could have prevented it too.

Lil Bean and Zephias: Zephias should have been clued in more on all the plans, he kinda just got jailed the entire game until Kim realized she was being used and idled it. Bean did good but promised too many things to too many people and paid the price for it good job taking out the lovers and Kinumi tho.

Zeonth and Ms. Bunch: Zeonth got screwed by a host error so sorry for that. Was playing decently before he got done in. Doubt he would had made it all game however. Bunch played isolationist and did good but late game you need at least one solid friend and Elie was all over him.

Koneko and DLE: Another pair who actually agreed on decisions. DLE got Kat killed so good for him, and Kitty and her lover prevented them from dying twice which is cool. Was surprised they made it to Night four.

Paperblade and Nightmare: Haterblade was N1'd, and this time didn't manage to luck his way out of it so that's a shame. Nightmare was sick this game done couldn't do much but use your role better next time maybe.

Ken Masters and Chen: The Ganon cannon almost managed to pull off the bomb alt wincons strat until he was role copped so props for that. Chen got vanillized which negated her double life and that sucks.

Sayakrow and Rssp1: Didn't really do anything. Rssp was helpful to his allies so there's that, the other never showed up.

Drumbeats and Kirsche: Another pair that was headed in two different directions. Kirsche was thought to be a threat by DB's allies who got his info and was killed, but DB almost won. Lied a lot unnecessarily in the game, I would tone down on that.

Sylveon and Rapier: Rapier got merced really hard because Jav thought he was Zeonth. Sylveon did well, she was just out numbered by Team Actually Plays Mafia in the end.

Javelin and CapsFan: These two didn't really have a sense of direction. I can't remember what Capsfan did, and Jav was too worried about killing Zeonth to play well. She also followed a lot of bad leads.

Makaze and Toren: Makaze got Ganon'd, so sorry not sorry for that, I don't think it's as bad as y'all are making it. Otherwise was doing fine. Toren did alright for a rookie too, but lost his way once Makaze bit the dust.

Reyson and BT: Reyson survived far thanks to his barrier, but could have talked to people more late game. BT just got unlucky, he was In a good place with Team Actuallg Plays Mafia. Unfortunately they had to sacrifice his buddy to win.

Acidphoenix and Leetic: Leetic use your role. You wouldn't have died had you not idled. Apparently this has happened twice which is really frustrating. Acid did alright, contact a few more people next time.

Ice and Nine: no real flaws in their play, Ice got targeted because his role was a threat, and Nine was more or less a random shot. No real advice, except hope to be luckier next time.

VigVig and Clarinets: More communication would have been better although time zones are hard. You two didn't play bad.

Prims and Faerie: Prims was Prims and Faerie did a good job info hunting. He took a stab from Kat, maybe be a little more aware of your surroundings next time. Prims got unlucky

Gilgamesh and Blitz: Blitz seemed less persuasive and active than other games, but it might just be he died earlier. Gilgamesh randomly targeted Bean for a BPV which was funny, but should have contacted more people late game.

Euklyd and Izhuark: The other bros of Justice, Izhu got N1'd which you can't do much about, Euklys got targeted for being allied to Kat which you also can't do much about.

Roles:

Ganon. Let's talk about Ganon. The one thing I would change is make them know the alias and username. Otherwise, it's not as strong as people think. One instant kill in a game of 44 people is relatively insignificant in the long term, compared to Faust this is a joke.

Other good roles in the game were Ice, Elie, Sylveon, Ms. Bunch, and Chen.

The new roles this game were Mitsuki, Izhuark, VigVig and Clarinets, the first two of whom had conditionals applied to their roles, such that if their target didn't follow the conditional they would be hurt. This would allow them to use their roles both offensively and as a way to check for betrayals. Izhu died n1 which sucks though. Mitsuki used her role very well over the course of the game.vigVig and Clarinets had a role that relied on them both being alive, kind of a symbolic role. Don't think it would work in non-buddy cop.

I nerfed high priority too hard probably out of bias because of what Takumi did to me, so sorry Paperblade and Makaze

Last thoughts: Thanks to Jiac for letting me help out on his project, it was fun to see all the things happening in real time. Hanks to everybody he played. I'll see you all in the next war front, this time as a player! Be warned.

Other good roles in the game were Ice, Elie, Sylveon, Ms. Bunch, and Chen.

wtf my role gave me wayy to(edit)o(/edit) much stress to be any good

Edited by sylveonzoroark

Ganon isn't overpowered, it's just stupid to have a role that deletes a player from the game and there's nothing anyone can do about it

Edited by Paperblade

Blitz seemed less persuasive and active than other games, but it might just be he died earlier.

Blitz and I were playing more like Ceasefire Friends rather than Glued-To-The-Hip Partners, and his new job just sucks his free time away. I blame a random combination of % among those two reasons as to why

I don't get your partner analysis, but me and Zeonth did nothing but fight lol.

As a whole, I'll try to be more proactive next game. I tried this strategy twice now and both times I made Top 8 and ended up getting everyone against me because isolationism is a bad strategy