Favorite unit per game

TheAstraWolf

Gameplay purposes, subjectivity etc

Overlaps significantly with my favorite characters list (although some of them are not my toppest fav per game) because I am very good at favoritism

FE4: Lakche. m a x i m u m o v e r k i l l

FE5: Mareeta. Girl gets like, 12 mov every run. IDK how she does it but I'm not gonna complain

FE6: Rutger. Or Miledy. IDK one blows shit up and one tanks for days they're both pretty integral

FE7: Lucius. (wait, a mage made it on my list? blasphemy)

FE8: Seth. Self-explanatory.

FE9: Titania. Same.

FE10: tbh i forgot how fe10 plays

FE11: Abel. Carried H5 alongside Caeda on my first run.

FE12: Navarre. Prime example of me being very good at favoritism.

FE13: Sully. For her incredible performance on my first L run. Switch Lucina if L+, though.

BR/Rev: Ryoma. But also shout out to Rinkah

CQ: Xander

as far as being favorite characters go, for intersection comparison
FE4: Ayra

FE5: Machua

FE6: Echidna

FE7: Hector

FE8: Seth

FE9/10: Titania

FE11/12: Navarre

FE13: Sully

BR/Rev: Ryoma

CQ: Xander

Edited by Thor Odinson

FE1/11: Minerva, I love her design.

FE6: Sophia, I'm going to use Nightmare one of these days to buff her.

FE7: Lyn, I love her crit animations.

FE8: L'arachel, hilarious and totally married Eirika in their A support.

FE9: Titania, awesome all around.

FE13: F!Morgan, adorable sadist who's crushing enemies.

FE14: Flora, I just like her. Not sure why.

Edited by Zerosabers

Favorite characters Per Game? Well, I have not played 3, 5, and 9, and I have not completed 4, so... aside from Aira in FE 4, I'll keep the former 3 out of this. And Since FE 11 and 12 are different games than their predecessors, I will be listing them separately, as they have their character differences.

FE1 - Julian. He's a boss, even though he can't promote.

FE 2 - Although The Falcon knight brigade is OP, I still really like Jesse. The Hero sword makes him Amazing.

FE 4 - Aira. Almost done with the first gen, and I have to say - Sigurd is really great.

FE 6 - Raigh/Rey/Ray/The better shaman. He's cool, and a shaman that's better than sophia. Sorry, Cecilia. I like you, but as a unit you make me waste some stat boosters on you.

FE 7 - Florina. Just, She's great. Sain is a close second, but Florina takes Class Priority. Plus her supports are cute.

FE 8 - Marisa. Her Capability as a unit is about as much as you want to put into her. However, Her character, for me, is a breath of fresh air for the silent, hot girl. The surface holds a mere glimpse of what's underneath. Dig deeper, and you might strike gold.

FE 10 - Edward. His optimism and 60% Strength growth make training him worth it. I love this Guy. -Just can't bare to publish my EddyXLyre Fan Fic.-

FE 11 - Catria. All the way. Thankyou, shakspere. Thank you for unrequited love. And Thank you IS for a woman who rips the game in half.

FE 12 - Catria, AGAIN. Too bad, too. That marthipan has like 6 women after his Falchion.

FE 13 - Henry. He's a Sorcerer. Lol, Awakening.

FE 14 - Benny. Personal skills make him good. Warey fighter makes him great. He's a big teddy bear. I love teddy bears.

So then, if this is character...

6 Wolt

7 Eliwood

8 Eirika

9 Rolf

10 Micaiah

11 Gordin

13 Nowi

Some people actually listed both best and favorite.

FE1- Wendell, because of his base speed and magic generally being powerful in this game due to enemies having no resistance.

FE6- Shanna holds a special place in my heart because in my playthrough I had an insanely strength blessed Shanna who ended up stronger than Milady and was overall a winged goddess. I also liked Niime, she's a fun utility unit and her supports with Hugh were pure gold.

FE7- Pent for his amazing base stats, high weapon ranks, including the ability to use physic staves at join and generally kicks ass with even a basic thunder tome. He also has a nice personality and he and his wife have some amazing genes.

FE8- I would say Seth but that would be too easy, so I'll say Cormag. One of my favourites across the entire series. He has clear motivations, he has some amazing quotes against Valter, and I tend to like the revenge-seeking character type. He also has a soft spot for kittens. What's not to love? Gameplay-wise he's amazing too, especially as a Wyvern Knight.

FE9- Marcia, who's also my favourite in the entire series, if you couldn't tell from my profile picture. Her interactions with Makalov are hilarious, and her "insults" like sponge-brain and clambake are funny too. She also has a nice design too, especially in Radiant Dawn. Not to mention she's one of the best units in the game if you invest bonus experience into her. Shout outs to Titania and Soren too for being great characters and units.

FE10- Same as FE9, but minus the BEXP part.

FE13- Virion and Maribelle, because I feel they are some of the few Awakening characters to have real flaws, and it takes a long time to warm up to them, but once you read their supports you find they are great characters. They are mediocre as units however.

FE14- Arthur! He's like a light in a country filled with darkness and gloominess, and I really appriciate how caring he is as a character. A lot of his lines from the Beruka support were great too. He also has some of the most glorious voice acting in the game. "BEWARE MY FISTS OF JUSTICE!"

These people list are all over the place regarding favorite characters and favorite units, so I will list my favorite units since I listed my least favorite units on the other list. Admittedly there are some characters listed here due to favoritism.

FE2: Alm and Celica

FE4 Sigurd's Generation: Sigurd

FE6: Gonzales

FE7: Dart

FE8: Berserker!Ross

FE9: Nephenee, Calill, and Largo

FE10: Nephenee,Elincia, and Haar

FE11: Lorenz and Hardin

FE12: Palla and Sirius

FE13: Assassin!Gaius

FE14BR: Sniper!Takumi and Spear Master!Oboro

FE14CQ: General!Effie and Berserker!Charlotte

Also take a wild guess on what my favorite class is.

FE2: Atlas
FE4 Gen 1: Cuan

FE4 Gen 2: Johan

FE5: Fin

FE6: Cecilia

FE7: Hector

FE8: Innes

FE9: Gatrie

FE11: Horace

FE12: Sheema

FE13: Frederick

Conquest: Elise

Birthright: Kaze

most of my favourites are pretty bad tbh

Edited by General Horace

FE7: Eliwood. Made me pick up Fire Emblem (admittedly, because I thought he was Roy), and has never been unusable for me (unlike Hector, who has had speed problems in the past, and Lyn, who's fast but can't get defense ever).

Guy was cool too. Dude critted rather often after promoting, it made me really like Swordmasters.

FE8: Joshua or Cormag. Joshua because he's a cool Myrmidon/Swordmaster and I'm rather predisposed toward liking those, and I remember liking him from back when I played it so many years ago. Cormag, on the other hand, is here for his talk with Valter, followed by his killing of Valter. He could be here for his stats too, but I've never loved using flyers for some reason.

FE9: Gonna finally get back to this tonight, so it'll probably change, but for now I'm gonna go with Mist/Nephenee/Mia. Mist and Nephenee because I remember liking them back when I first played it, Mia because I like Swordmasters and she's a Swordmaster, so logic dictates she'll be a favorite.

FE13: Henry. He made a great first impression when he joined up and critted everything to death with Ruin, and he got laughs out of me too.

FE14: Sakura/Hana/Arthur. Sakura because she's quite useful for me (between valuable healing and Quiet Strength, she really helps me with defensive positions), Hana because she's a Swordmaster, has good strength and crits/Astras everything to death (even if she never, ever gets defense, but that can be worked around), Arthur because he's humorous and quite a solid unit for me (though I wish he'd get speed a little more often).

Fe7: Harken/Louise. Harken is pretty strong whenever I use him. He has insane offensive power (mostly because of the brave sword) and got crits a lot. Louise was the same. No matter what bow I gave her she would almost always crit and had pretty good defenses but extremely powerful offense.

Fe8: Gerik. Probably the most powerful unit I got when I did my first run with Eirika's route. He was pretty much a Harken on steroids. Crit most of the time, always landed hits, had great defensive and offensive power, and had the most hp out of any unit in any Fe game I've played (besides some of the einherjar units I have in BR), 56 hp.

Fe Birthright: Takumi. I hate his character but he was very good in BR. He was just like Louise except without a good resistance stat. He crit often, had pretty good hp, and was obviously an offensive powerhouse. Soliel and Siegbert were better but I'm not really counting them since they weren't normal units.

Fe Conquest: Ophelia. When I first got her she was actually pretty good on her own. I turned her into a sorceress but after a battle or 2 I decided to turn her into a witch. She became one of the best magic users that I've used, along with Pent, Erk, Ewan, Saleh, and Leo. She 90% of the time with Missiletainn and was very good with pretty much every other tome, especially lightning. Her warp ability helped a lot in battles and she lasted a while in them.

Fe Revelations: Leo. He was already good to begin with because of Brynhilder and his dark knight class. I beat Hidden Truths 1 and I decided to give the Fell Brand to him. He obviously became very powerful, so powerful in fact he beat chapter 25 on his own after all my other units died. I recently gave him the Levin Sword which he is excellent with but he's still great with everything else.

Honorable mention to runners up.

FE1/11: Caeda, HM Merric

FE2: Saber, HM Catria

FE3/12: Palla, HM Merric

FE6: Marcus, HM Niime

FE7: Lucius, HM Lowen

FE8: Duessel, HM Knoll

FE9: Soren, HM Jill

FE10: Soren, HM Jill

FE13: Lucina, HM Cynthia and Lon'qu

Edited by Irysa

FE6: Sophia. I like how she makes a normally challenging game even harder by forcing me to reset when she dies. I cannot ignore her; she's my drug.

FE7: Lyn's flashy animations are the reason I'm here.

FE8: I just love how Amelia ignores RNG <3

FE9: Mia

FE10: Ilyana was inadvertently my top scorer on Normal mode recently... Time to come out of denial and admit my bias.

FE11: Barst

FE12: Catria

FE13: Lucina

FE14 Conquest: Underexplored, can't decide. Jakob, Felicia, Elise, Ophelia, and Xander are all in the running. Camilla isn't up there because she's blatantly broken and doesn't encourage smart play or use of resources. She just runs up and kills things like it's FE7 all game, and this is without even buying skills. With skills in play, she can totally ignore large sections of the game, as arrows are usually the only deterrent to lock her out of flier-friendly maps. The only data I don't have on her is whether or not she is able to one-round Takumi at peak investment. This unit is just absurd in all respects.