Gold-farming without paid DLC in Conquest

BANRYU

Okay so this is probably known already, but on the off-chance that it isn't...

I discovered that it's kindasorta possible to farm for gold using Profiteer with Midori on the Awakening Xenologue. I tested it on My Castle and no Profiteer happened, but on the Awakening level, it works.

So... yeah, I guess that's a faster method of farming than feeding Lilith? Obv it's no Ghostly Gold, but it's something if you don't want to shell out the muns for that level.

Anna and her personal skill if you have her DLC map. Each time she scores a kill during Player Phase, she has Luck% chance of scoring a bit of money. (And she can reclass to Merchant to get Profiteer and is able to use the Witch's Mark to get Witch's Brew.) Salvage Blow... she can only get it by marrying a male avatar that has Oni Savage talent or by skill buying.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Preferably a female avatar with +Lck and any bane that isn't Defense, Luck, or Speed (to maximize Luck growth rate). And you can always try and recruit an Einherjar Anna from another player's castle (since personal skills still work as long as you meet the conditions).

Profiteer

Salvage Blow (kill an enemy during player phase for Lck% chance to get an iron weapon that you can sell)

Witch's Mark from Anna's Gift 1 to get Witch's Brew (Lck% chance to get a potion item like a vulnerary that you can sell during each of the first 7 turns of the battle)

But really, just go after money drops (ie. visit 3 villages in Ch. 8; finish Ch. 16 ASAP, etc.), sell unneeded weapons (such as those joke weapons your units may find from event tiles or in your castle or those you get from gaining Battle Points and Visit Points), and manage your resources. This is not Birthright or Revelation.

Edited by Roflolxp54

You need a lot of luck out of drug dealing Midoris to make an actual profit off of Profiteer and Salvage Blow. The most optimal set up for a money midori is Luck +4, Quixotic, Profiteer, Salvage Blow, and Hoshidan Unity with good stats to reliably kill the enemies in Before Awakening. Having 5 money makers with that kind of set up will get you around about 15k to 25k?

Quixotic's 15% + Hoshidan Unity's 10% + Luck +4% + Midori's Personal's 20% = 49% skill activation boost on skills activating on Luck. Add that with a Midori's Luck stat and boom. Instant gold bar and weapon drop every turn until Turn 8.

Prepare to have your thumbs hurt and auto battling is great if you're in the early game. Just be ready to have the inventory screen pop up every three seconds with animations turned off.

Edited by Fanatic&Ecstatic

You need a lot of luck out of drug dealing Midoris to make an actual profit off of Profiteer and Salvage Blow. The most optimal set up for a money midori is Luck +4, Quixotic, Profiteer, Salvage Blow, and Hoshidan Unity with good stats to reliably kill the enemies in Before Awakening. Having 5 money makers with that kind of set up will get you around about 15k to 25k?

Quixotic's 15% + Hoshidan Unity's 10% + Luck +4% + Midori's Personal's 20% = 49% skill activation boost on skills activating on Luck. Add that with a Midori's Luck stat and boom. Instant gold bar and weapon drop every turn until Turn 8.

I thought we ascertained that Quixotic only affects battle skills.

Prepare to have your thumbs hurt and auto battling is great if you're in the early game. Just be ready to have the inventory screen pop up every three seconds with animations turned off.

Honestly ~40 Luck (give or take 2 whether she's mommed by Mozume or Azura) isn't that bad for Midori's Profiteer, on average I get about 5 gold bars per battle without even bothering with Luck Tonics or anything. As I said before, it might be a little slow, but her personal skill helps a lot and it's pretty good for how low-maintenance it is, which TBH, I think is the real draw here. Just grab her once she can Offspring to level 5+ and give her a couple Goddess Icons to max her luck out and that's all you really need (IMO anyway). I don't even use Salvage Blow ~3~ Although ofc that would help, if you can be bothered to get it.

Edited by BANRYU

Can't you recruit an Einherjar Anna in My Castle battles? Or do you need DLC for that?

Sure and that WOULD work as an additional source of income, but that also entails a lot of hunting around in My Castles (or so I would assume), especially if you want an Anna that can kill things readily and easily. The draw to Midori is that she can sit around doing nothing to generate the muns, whereas Anna has to work for it by landing KOs.

Not to say it wouldn't be a good source of extra cash on top of Midori, it certainly would if you can manage it.

Einherjar would be preferable anyway, as you could get multiples and use the stat booster exploit to max out their Luck (and everything else). But doing this would be so tedious that you'd be better off spending your time and/or money on acquiring Ghostly Gold instead, especially since you could Auto-Blitz it with the doped-up Midoris and Annas. Like seriously you could hike 50 miles and back to acquire an eshop card and Internet access through begging in order to buy Ghostly Gold and you'd still come out ahead in RL hours spent to acquire gold.

But if you can't do that, Einherjar are a better idea than your "real" Midori/Anna. It's not hard to find money Midoris if you scrounge about, too.