Jacob or Felicia?

Erina Meadows

Jacob of Felicia?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Which assistant do you like better?

• Jacob
    • Felicia

When you choose the male Avatar your assistant is Felicia, and when you choose the female Avatar your assistant is Jacob. Generally speaking, which of these servants do you like better and why?

I prefer Felicia. She seems to have more of a personality even though many of her characteristics are negative (like being clumsy, shy, and nervous). With Jacob I don't really get a sense of his personality. In fact this may sound harsh but to me he seems more like a mindless servant. xD

So yeah... for me Felicia is the better servant, but I enjoy them both as units. Maid is a good class but I'm going to to try reclass her as a Mage in my 4th run.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For gameplay purposes, Jakob has better strength and you can't get Flame Shuriken on Conquest (we've got trouble's best weapon) without Battle Points. But I prefer Felicia.

Edited by lammywhammy

you can't get Flame Shuriken on Conquest

You actually can by Killing Saizo in Ch. 12

Both are good as units (Jakob has good fighting utility as GK or Paladin and Felicia does wonders with either the Flame Shuriken as a Maid or tomes as a Strategist). In the end, I prefer Felicia (considering that I dislike Jakob's character)

Both are good as units (Jakob has good fighting utility as GK or Paladin and Felicia does wonders with either the Flame Shuriken as a Maid or tomes as a Strategist). In the end, I prefer Felicia (considering that I dislike Jakob's character)

Oh wow, really? I didn't even notice.

Neither because I prefer Flora. o3o

^

But, gameplay-wise, I prefer Jakob. Also, I dislike Felicia because she acts too unrealistically, in my opinion, considering that she has to be in Nohr as some kind of prisoner.

Also, I think you can get the Flame Shuriken in Conquest. It's on the chapter where you have to either defeat Ryoma or escape the field. You have to defeat Saizou, I believe.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

Damn it, I got ninja'd.

I've never actually used Jakob, so I'm going with Felicia.

She's good once she gets the Flame Shuriken (or a Heart Seal to go Strategist and pick up tomes and Inspiration and a horse), and alright before the path split (shouldn't be seeing combat, but you have Corrin for that, and Gunter if you absolutely require protection from multiple sides).

Plus Felicia's magic is better, so she'll do better as a healer than Jakob.

I'm sure Jakob's fine, just not someone I've ever bothered with.

...Flora'd be fine with me if she joined a bit earlier. As it stands, she joins a bit too late for me.

When you choose the male Avatar your assistant is Felicia, and when you choose the female Avatar your assistant is Jacob. Generally speaking, which of these servants do you like better and why?

I prefer Felicia. She seems to have more of a personality even though many of her characteristics are negative (like being clumsy, shy, and nervous). With Jacob I don't really get a sense of his personality. In fact this may sound harsh but to me he seems more like a mindless servant. xD

So yeah... for me Felicia is the better servant, but I enjoy them both as units. Maid is a good class but I'm going to to try reclass her as a Mage in my 4th run.

Jakob is loyal to the Avatar because they are consistently nice to him. However, he's rather rude towards most other people.

Out of the two early servants, Felicia edges out Jakob by a slight margin for her determination despite her blatant flaws.

I find they kind of fit alternate roles. I feel like Jakob is better for early game but falls behind rather quickly, while Felicia suffers in early game but gets pretty good in later parts.

And as a character I'll say I like Felicia more.

Felicia. While I honestly don't like either all that much, I can at least tolerate Felicia sometimes. Plus, depending on the route I don't need yet another physical unit stuck in a support class he's completely unsuited for.

Felicia, natch. She's cute, and I have a severe weakness for cute. Anyways, I respect her for being determined to being a good servant, despite her flaws. She's also better gameplay wise imho.

Jakob's personal skill is great for making MU a tank, but his most appropriate class given his growths is paladin, and I don't care for having extra paladins when you have silas, sophie, and possibly even silas' wife no matter the route, and peri in conquest/rev.

Felicia's power as a strategist is comparable to Elise.

I'd give Felicia my vote for being better lighthearted comedic relief that I wish i could see more of when playing femcorrin, and her usefulness as a unit on her own. I only like jakob for his support benefits.

Edited by maninbluejumpsuit

Jakob for the easy early game combat in Conquest and for being a decent pair up bot later on. Not that I dislike Felicia or think she's bad, but I share the opinion that Jakob's contributions are greater overall. I also don't prefer one over the other when it comes to personality, so it doesn't factor into my decision.

Jakob, all the way. For the life of me, I cannot understand why a maid that is so incompetent at being a maid directly serves one of the royal family. She could work as a regular servant if she's supposed to be stuck in Nohr? Anyway, I always play as FeMU so I end up using Jakob anyway. It's going well so far? haha

Jakob by a lot.

Felicia is one of the few characters I dislike in the game. She's incompetent, but not in a way which is ever used to further her own character since her own feelings on this are never explored that I've seen. (Maybe in one of her supports?) Instead, it feels like her incompetence is played in a way that comes off as weird and pandery. Maybe that's just me reading the wrong things into it.

Jakob on the other hand has style (those crit quotes), and I kinda like the idea of someone who at first appears to be a straight-up cool dude but actually is a bit of an asshole to people who aren't his boss. Because those people certainly exist in real life and presenting him through the eyes of "the boss" figure is an interesting twist on the idea.

As a unit, probably Jakob as well, though I feel like I should do a MCorrin run first to actually get a sense of how Felicia performs in the earlygame.

Felicia. I find her to be an incredibly endearing character. All she wants is to be useful to others,something that I can relate to, and despite her mistakes she always gets back up on her feet and tries again, a very admirable trait. One thing that I found surprising and extremely likeable about her,ultimately making her waifu status, was how she wasn't afraid to speak her mind and tell people that they've gone too far with the insults, even if they're royals. Examples include the supports with takumi and saizo. I also found her to be quite funny. Her voice is great also.

Now I dont have any gameplay experience due to not owning the game, but I know for a fact that Felicia will be on all my teams and that this adorable maid will be be royalty.

Personality wise, I prefer Felicia. I just find her really endearing and her voice fits her perfectly. She was used in all of my playthroughs so far.

For gameplay, it depends. Jakob was better in the beginning, but Felicia is better towards the end. Both are pretty useful, though.