Jacob or Felicia?

Erina Meadows

Jacob of Felicia?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Which assistant do you like better?

• Jacob
    • Felicia

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fight me m8. How is Ben Diskin doing an older, snarky version of Numbah One's voice a bad thing?

Oh man, that's who he is!? That voice seemed so familiar. Okay, knowing that, it's impossible for Felicia to win in my eyes.

Now that I think about it, Jakob is a bit of an ass to the Avatar to. He blatantly refused to do anything about helping the avatar become independent, saying something about serving the avatar being his only reason for living or something like that.

Jakob as a character is a hot mess. Part of it is Nohr's society's fault.

In the modern day and age, workers have all sorts of rights, ranging from "you can only work X number of hours before you must take a break" to "you will be compensated at least X amount of money". In Nohr, being a butler means losing rights, such as the right to not be murdered by your master (Peri's supports with Laslow and Niles touch upon this). If masters can literally get away with murder, then I imagine more, uh, minor rights abuses (that looks so awkward, but I can't really express it better) would be permissible.

Jakob is quite literally at Corrin's mercy. He's smart enough to learn on the job, so I wouldn't put it past him to keep Corrin as gentle as helpless as possible, as a form of job security.

So what about Felicia? Given Flora's position in the story, having Felicia there is insurance - it takes time for an army to reach the Ice Tribe, but mere hours (or minutes) for a group to kidnap Felicia. Luckily for Felicia, Corrin is a forgiving master, so she's not going to be beaten for dropping the dishes.

tl;dr - Nohr is overdue for servant unions.

Jakob as a character is a hot mess. Part of it is Nohr's society's fault.

I see Jakob as broken. I see his unfriendliness and then I remember what happened to him and I just get this real strong need to care for him. It's really hard for me to hate him like how the others can so easily.

I have a soft spot for Felicia for her determination and trying to help and storywise being a badass fighter

as a unit Jakob's better, esp if you reclass to Paladin

but Jakob's also an ass and I used him more as a 9 move ride anyway

Jacob is better in my books because he has better critical hit quotes. I think I have an addiction to critcal hit quotes.

Gameplay wise, I don't really have a preference as I ditched them both for the children units.

I kind of picked Jakob because he gives you Dwyer (that and he's voiced by Benjamin Diskin which is a total plus for me). However, if I had to pick personality-wise, I'd probably say Felicia. She's actually pretty cute and I personally think she makes the best mom for Sophie (Silas' daughter).

I have mixed feelings on both to be honest, but I'd go with Felicia since i do like characters that have a drive to do better at what they do, even if it does get a bit repetitive at times for her. Jakob, while I like some of his supports like Mozu, others really rubbed me the wrong due to how rude he can be.

Neither of them stay on my late game teams..

I keep hearing people say Jakob is a better unit but I just don't see it. I usually use female avatars so I usually have him from the beginning, and I always use him in the beginning, but he never stays on the team past Ch 17-18 or so. His bases are good so he's usually stays fairly decent for a while, but his growths are not good enough for him to stay good, especially with daggers having very low Mt to start with. He ends up just being an extra healer that doesn't heal for that much due to having no Magic.

Or maybe he needs to be reclassed to Paladin to be any good? He'd still only have 45% Strength growth and 35% Def growth, so I don't really see him becoming a powerhouse doing that either.

I used Felicia in one playthrough and slapped a Flame Shuriken on her, and she became a very competent damage dealer right away . I'm not big on her either since I prefer sturdier units in general, but if I had to pick one of them to put on my final team, I'd take Felicia easily.

I don't really care for either of their personalities..

45% strength with 35% defense is pretty good when you remember how much res he has on top of that. Pretty solid to be honest. And he has 25% magic growth. He's exactly what I'd want from a physical unit with healing. Higher strength than magic so he can actually attack worth something while having some complementary healing to boot. it's a shame War Monk isn't a class still.

Also, you can turn him into Great Knight and have 50% strength and 45% defense. 40 speed is solid as well. You get Luna too.

Felicia is cute as a button, Jakob is pretty cool but sorta boring. Also, Felicia is a better unit because of her high magic cap (Physical maid = no offensive niche.)

Going back to my first point, all you need to do is hear Felicias quotes in myCastle and you'll agree.