Jacob or Felicia?

Erina Meadows

Jacob of Felicia?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Which assistant do you like better?

• Jacob
    • Felicia

Jakob is loyal to the Avatar because they are consistently nice to him. However, he's rather rude towards most other people.

That second sentence is actually part of why I prefer Felicia, though I didn't mention it when I first posted. All told, I haven't gotten any of Jakob's supports, so maybe my impression of him might change, but for now, it ain't looking good for him, to say the least.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I need units that are useful while Corrin starts his/her journey. Jakob does this nicely.

Felicia, on the other hand, dies in two hits while dealing mediocre damage until I get a weapon that tanks her avoid.

Lol not even a question, Jakob is objectively the better unit, due to amongst other things being a male in Conquest.

Even without early Paladin reclass, he can 1-2 one man army stuff early in the game

Even their outside benefits is on Jakob favor. 1st Felicia give you a dogshit Jakob. 1st Jakob gave you Dwyer which is surprisingly a really good unit, especially when parrented with good parents

Felicia is more fun though since Magic is fun, especially when you notice Felicia also had Hero access to omph it up even further. Felicia is also probably the most probably super dodge tanker in Conquest for what it worth since she had quite a ridiculous access to Breaker skills

Edited by JSND

Felicia, I just cant get over Jakob's personality enough to actually use him. He is even worst than Shinon for me. At least Shinon had some good supports with people, and had a reason for acting the way he does, Jakob has no excuse.

Felicia on the otherhand has some nice supports, and overall is a pretty good unit, especially in the earlier chapters in Revelation and Conquest for the extra heals.

Jakob by far. Felicia seems like Sumia 2.0 to me and I hated Sumia. Generic forced clumsy stupid girl. Boooring. It's like IS will never know how to write a good clumsy, low self-esteem character. I wish they'd take a look at how I've written Eliot in my fanfic (he's a clumsy low self-esteem type that I think I've done pretty good on so far. Eventually, he'll reveal that he picked on Marc sometimes to make himself feel better).

I actually find Jakob relatable and even funny at times. In fact, I'd say he's a top five character for me. Also, I love his crit lines. :P And he's been very valuable to me as a unit. SO glad I play a female Corrin (since you start with Jakob in this case, not Felicia, and I can just ignore Felicia entirely later).

EDIT:

Jakob has no excuse.

Wrong. Did you read his supports with Corrin? He says that when he first started butlering, other servants picked on and looked down on him. And that's why he became so dedicated to being a good butler for Corrin. It's also a valid reason for being rude sometimes, because if a lot of people are rude to you, it can unknowingly rub off on you and you'll end up being rude yourself as a result. This is where I found him relatable. I got picked on a lot growing up, and due to my Asperger's as well, I come off as rude sometimes, though usually unknowingly.

Edited by Anacybele

Felicia by miles. Jakob may be a better unit and be more useful offensively as a solo unit, but I prefer Felicia. Her Personal is imo more useful for Corrin than Jakob's is; +2/-2 dmg dealt/taken is more attractive than +15 avoid and -3 dmg taken, specially in early scenarios where more dmg is preferable. Her staff utility is better than Jakob without doubt which is basically their main role, asides from supporting Corrin and landing one or two debuffs. Add to that that I prefer her Pair Up bonuses than Jakob's, since I'm oriented towards Magic builds.

I hate Felicia's voice and did not hesitate to dump her once I had to decide which characters to field, so Jacob for me. Probably use a female avatar on new playthroughs.

Jakob. He's just better all around to me. I thought I'd be able to relate to Felicia being a klutz, but no... She just ends up being "Ugh, I try so hard." Well try harder then. There's no excuse for this nonsense. Dropping plates? Don't carry so much until you are sure you can do more. Seriously, someone like Felicia in real life would drive me up the wall and I'd probably accuse her "niceness" as a form of manipulation to get me to just excuse her hopeless incompetence. Leo had a point "just be a soldier if you're better at that." I mean, she's not, but if her supports are any indication, she would have to be... Seeing that, just makes me feel like she's not worth my time. She should be ignored and left to rot in the barracks-- oh wait, she couldn't even do that well, because washing clothes is just so hard for her!

Jakob is kind of mean, but he's not out of control with it. I mean, he might have bad chemistry with a lot of people, but then you see ones like Azura and Mozu and see... He just doesn't like a lot of people, and I'm okay with that. He's kind of lame to Dwyer, but that might be because it strikes a personal cord with me-- so I'll try to not be completely biased and just put on the rage helmet.

Jakob by far. Felicia seems like Sumia 2.0 to me and I hated Sumia. Generic forced clumsy stupid girl. Boooring. It's like IS will never know how to write a good clumsy, low self-esteem character. I wish they'd take a look at how I've written Eliot in my fanfic (he's a clumsy low self-esteem type that I think I've done pretty good on so far. Eventually, he'll reveal that he picked on Marc sometimes to make himself feel better).

I actually find Jakob relatable and even funny at times. In fact, I'd say he's a top five character for me. Also, I love his crit lines. :P Also, he's been very valuable to me as a unit. SO glad I play a female Corrin (since you start with Jakob in this case, not Felicia, and I can just ignore Felicia entirely later).

EDIT:

Wrong. Did you read his supports with Corrin? He says that when he first started butlering, other servants picked on and looked down on him. And that's why he became so dedicated to being a good butler for Corrin. It's also a valid reason for being rude sometimes, because if a lot of people are rude to you, it can unknowingly rub off on you and you'll end up being rude yourself as a result. This is where I found him relatable. I got picked on a lot growing up, and due to my Asperger's as well, I come off as rude sometimes, though usually unknowingly.

Omg how dare you compare Sumia to Felicia. At least Felicia is fun and has a lot of participation in the story while Sumia is boring as hell and terrible.

Also, Felicia's voice is the best WE'VE GOT TROUBLE

Jakob because hes better as a unit. I like Felicia's personality more, but goddamn, shes just not as good as a unit and never will be.

Funny you say that, because I think just the opposite. Though this could be because I prefer to play as a male, for one, and second, looking at them as units, what Jakob brings to the table isn't as valuable as what Felicia brings to the table imo.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Omg how dare you compare Sumia to Felicia. At least Felicia is fun and has a lot of participation in the story while Sumia is boring as hell and terrible.

Also, Felicia's voice is the best WE'VE GOT TROUBLE

How dare you bash me for my opinion. Both characters are clumsy, not smart, and can marry the lord character, I have every right to compare the two. Felicia only has any story participation if you play a male Corrin, she is near irrelevant if you pick a female. And I don't think she's fun at all, I think she's boring and terrible just like Sumia. So I'd appreciate it if you not whine and tell me I'm wrong when these are just OPINIONS.

I don't like her voice much either, personally. Forgot to mention that.

How dare you bash me for my opinion. Both characters are clumsy, not smart, and can marry the lord character, I have every right to compare the two. Felicia only has any story participation if you play a male Corrin, she is near irrelevant if you pick a female. And I don't think she's fun at all, I think she's boring and terrible just like Sumia. So I'd appreciate it if you not whine and tell me I'm wrong when these are just OPINIONS.

I don't like her voice much either, personally. Forgot to mention that.

Nope, you missed my point, terribly. My point wasn't 'don't compare Sumia and Felicia because they don't share anything alike'. My point was 'Felicia is much a better character to be compared to Sumia levels'.

Edit: you miss the fact that Felicia appears in 2 or 3 chapters near Ice Tribe on Birthright, and has at least an appearance and a couple of dialogue lines, whereas Sumia is shoved into the player as the main character's canonic wife, which is disgusting and irritating.

Edited by Quintessence

Felicia was who I got the most opportunities to interact with since my save files are always male (I don't like any of the males enough to want to MARRY them), also shes the one I decided was worth the sacrificed child unit in Revs, so I might be biased.

Jacob was okay to an extent, but I'm calling it when his S rank convos feel more like he is proposing out of some obligation.

I like Jacob the best, but part of it is that I just don't really like Felicia and I have a fondness for snarky male characters. Plus for how I use them Jacob turns out better for me.

Felicia>>>>>>>>>Jakob, I wish I could marry her with F!Corrin. She's adorable and sweet.

Jakob's basically 100% unattractive to me. Totally not because I'm a lesbian. Plus he's a huge douchebag.

Gameplay wise I know PEMN but 2nd join Felicia always kicks major ass while Jakob always falls off hard. Though Jakob is certainly very helpful early game.

Nope, you missed my point, terribly. My point wasn't 'don't compare Sumia and Felicia because they don't share anything alike'. My point was 'Felicia is much a better character to be compared to Sumia levels'.

Edit: you miss the fact that Felicia appears in 2 or 3 chapters near Ice Tribe on Birthright, and has at least an appearance and a couple of dialogue lines, whereas Sumia is shoved into the player as the main character's canonic wife, which is disgusting and irritating.

And you're missing my point entirely. I don't think Felicia is a much better character, I think they're BOTH terrible characters. That's that.

2 or 3 chapters, wooow, that's REALLY relevant.

And you're missing my point entirely. I don't think Felicia is a much better character, I think they're BOTH terrible characters. That's that.

It is when you consider the length of the game and how much people aren't relevant in the game after they join initially. I think that was what (s)he was going for.

I'll have to disagree on that.

Yes, Sumia IS the typical clumpsy character who fell in love with the main lord but Felicia is not exactly like her.

Felicia is also clumsy, yes, but ONLY while holding things like dishs or cups (she doesn't have any balance) but Sumia trip on her face ALL the time (seriously, how her nose didn't break with that much tripping).

Felicia has a backstory (sort of, it's not exactly clear because of her lack of important stuffs in her support convos) while if Sumia has one... I don't remember really.

Felicia likes you but she doesn't love you (unless you marry her) while Sumia always love Chrom.

Felicia has way more support convos while Sumia has like a total of maybe 7 or 8 (depending of mariage).

In term of screen times, while they are both not ''important'' characters, Felicia is seen more often (if you are a male avatar, of course).

While her voice fits her, there some moments where her voice seems to crack, for some reason. Have you seen her confession quote? She seems like a robot.

As for me, I like Felicia but I never really got a chance to use Jacob.

It's kinda ironic how Felicia, a girl from the Ice Trible, needs a Flame Shuriken in order to do damages.

Edited by Nym

I don't like either but for when you start out early on they are good to help you out. I shelf them the moment I get characters I like and enjoy having on my teams. The problem I have deciding in the thrid story Revlation is Keaton or Kaden. NOW that a hard choice.

Edited by Silverfox83

I hate Felicia's stupid voice. I thought I'd get used to it, but I hate it. And I hate her stupid, stupid laugh when she only gets two/three level up points (which is all the time). Even with the Flame Shuriken she's still useless to me. Also I hate clumsy characters, because they're written to be so annoying and silly, but I had to use her as a secondary healer in Nohr because I had her and Elise. But in my Hoshido file, where I'm female, I realized Jakob is soooooo much more useful. And I like how he throws subtle shade at people all the time.

But I def. prefer Jakob so much more.