Birthright Hard/Classic Ironman PMU

CallMeViggy

(Note: DO NOT post unit choices in this thread. For that, please go to my planning thread: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=63275)

Hey all! I'm just about to finish my first playthrough of Birthright, and before I tackle the beast that is Conquest, I wanted to try a PMU just for the heck of it. The rules are as follows:

• My main team will be composed of 16 units (including the Avatar)
  • You can choose the class, gender, Boon/Bane, and even the name for my avatar if you are so inclined.
  • Since this is an Ironman run, I'm going to have an alternate team of up to 10 units to cover for inevitable deaths
  • No grinding for EXP, supports can be grinded in My Castle Battles
  • Units will be reclassed into their chosen class as soon as possible
  • If a unit needs a specific pairing to obtain a class, please tell me that pairing. I'm still not used to how class inheritance works...
  • The only DLC classes I can use are: 2 Dread Fighters, 1 Great Lord, 1 Lodestar, and 1 Witch/Ballistician

Well, that's enough from me! Give me your best (or worst!) units, and I'll try to make them work.

[spoiler=Main Team]

• Oni Chieftain!Orochi
  • Falcon Knight!Sakura
  • Lodestar!MU (+DEF/-MAG/Talent:Knight)
  • General!Setsuna
  • Hoshido Noble!Kana
  • Blacksmith!Hayato
  • Witch!Rhajat
  • Priestess!Hana
  • Onmyoji!Silas
  • Onmyoji!Kagero
  • Sniper!Felicia
  • Dread Fighter!Azama
  • Spear Master!Oboro
  • Spear Master!Subaki
  • Great Lord!Caeldori
  • Mechanist!Reina

[spoiler=Alternate Team]

• Butler!Takumi
  • Kinshi Knight!Kiragi
  • Blacksmith!Hinata
  • Master Ninja!Shura
  • Mater of Arms!Izana
  • Onmyoji!Yukimura
  • Dread Fighter!Azura
  • Kinshi Knight!Ryoma
  • Swordmaster!Kaden
  • Maid!Hinoka
Edited by CallMeViggy

Well, it took me long enough, but now it's finally time to get this thing started!

[spoiler=Part 1]

N0oSZJ4.jpg

This is the lovely Avatar that will be commanding our Army. I named him Popcorn to take all of those Corn jokes to the next level.

As soon as I got access to My Castle, I built a Rod Shop and with that, a member of my main team. Say hello to Sky Knight!Sakura!

Y60LNPF.jpg

Her strength and defense are pretty low, so it's gonna be hard for me to put her in combat, but I suppose that's the point. I was also able to pick up 2 Dread Scrolls for downloading Conquest, which got me a member of my alternate team.

hcMH8TH.jpg

Azura here gets much better buffs since Dread Fighter is basically a promoted class, but she's still pretty squishy.

In addition to these two, I can only use Popcorn and Felicia at the moment, so Kaze and Rinkah are gonna have to sit this chapter out. But enough fooling around with reclassing, let's get on with the chapter!

ihPbebz.jpg

I don't need to go over the story, so I'll just get to the gameplay. In this chapter, I fielded Popcorn, Felicia, Sakura, Azura, and Kaze, while Subaki and Hana joined my party(both of whom are main team units). Now I know what you're thinking: 'Kaze isn't part of the PMU! Why are you fielding him?' Well, let me show you:

gAvUibm.jpgYgQvF0g.jpg

It was the only way I could get that Robe, and considering how squishy my current team is, I can't afford not to have it. With that out of the way, Kaze won't be seeing any more use on this map.

The rest of the chapter was pretty standard. I targeted the healing Dragon Vein in the center of the map, and then had Popcorn with his Dragonstone guard the chokepoint to soften up enemies for my squishy team to finish off. It worked pretty well.

From then on, most of the combat was handled by Felicia (who softened up enemies) as well as Subaki and Azura (who are both relatively tanky and deal great damage). Unfortunately, some mistakes were made...

vo0hpCP.jpg

But Hana was only supposed to be a priestess anyway, so not much of importance was lost.

As I marched on towards Silas, my units began to level up. Some of these levels were good.

dKnGxRU.jpggexhFLu.jpg

Others...not so much.

2la242f.jpgSdGUxKM.jpg

Then I got to Silas. Defeating him wasn't particularly hard. First, Popcorn hit him for a large chunk of damage. Then, Felicia softened him up a bit further and...

fXG5k2w.jpg

...No, no it doesn't.

On a happier note, I was actually able to feed Sakura the boss kill, and...

zo5One4.jpg

...I see dark times ahead.

From then on, it was more of the same until eventually the enemy was routed.

After I beat the chapter, I tackled the Awakening DLC (which wasn't hard at all aside from the lunge ninjas) and got myself an item that let me get the third member of my PMU team.

eGTUBXZ.jpg

Next time, watch as the Hero King Popcorn and his ragtag group of soldiers fights the forces of the Wind Tribe!

Well, it took me long enough, but now it's finally time to get this thing started!

[spoiler=Part 1]

N0oSZJ4.jpg

This is the lovely Avatar that will be commanding our Army. I named him Popcorn to take all of those Corn jokes to the next level.

As soon as I got access to My Castle, I built a Rod Shop and with that, a member of my main team. Say hello to Sky Knight!Sakura!

Y60LNPF.jpg

Her strength and defense are pretty low, so it's gonna be hard for me to put her in combat, but I suppose that's the point. I was also able to pick up 2 Dread Scrolls for downloading Conquest, which got me a member of my alternate team.

hcMH8TH.jpg

Azura here gets much better buffs since Dread Fighter is basically a promoted class, but she's still pretty squishy.

In addition to these two, I can only use Popcorn and Felicia at the moment, so Kaze and Rinkah are gonna have to sit this chapter out. But enough fooling around with reclassing, let's get on with the chapter!

ihPbebz.jpg

I don't need to go over the story, so I'll just get to the gameplay. In this chapter, I fielded Popcorn, Felicia, Sakura, Azura, and Kaze, while Subaki and Hana joined my party(both of whom are main team units). Now I know what you're thinking: 'Kaze isn't part of the PMU! Why are you fielding him?' Well, let me show you:

gAvUibm.jpgYgQvF0g.jpg

It was the only way I could get that Robe, and considering how squishy my current team is, I can't afford not to have it. With that out of the way, Kaze won't be seeing any more use on this map.

The rest of the chapter was pretty standard. I targeted the healing Dragon Vein in the center of the map, and then had Popcorn with his Dragonstone guard the chokepoint to soften up enemies for my squishy team to finish off. It worked pretty well.

From then on, most of the combat was handled by Felicia (who softened up enemies) as well as Subaki and Azura (who are both relatively tanky and deal great damage). Unfortunately, some mistakes were made...

vo0hpCP.jpg

But Hana was only supposed to be a priestess anyway, so not much of importance was lost.

As I marched on towards Silas, my units began to level up. Some of these levels were good.

dKnGxRU.jpggexhFLu.jpg

Others...not so much.

2la242f.jpgSdGUxKM.jpg

Then I got to Silas. Defeating him wasn't particularly hard. First, Popcorn hit him for a large chunk of damage. Then, Felicia softened him up a bit further and...

fXG5k2w.jpg

...No, no it doesn't.

On a happier note, I was actually able to feed Sakura the boss kill, and...

zo5One4.jpg

...I see dark times ahead.

From then on, it was more of the same until eventually the enemy was routed.

After I beat the chapter, I tackled the Awakening DLC (which wasn't hard at all aside from the lunge ninjas) and got myself an item that let me get the third member of my PMU team.

eGTUBXZ.jpg

Next time, watch as the Hero King Popcorn and his ragtag group of soldiers fights the forces of the Wind Tribe!

Rip hana aka a HEALER. This might be rough