Bad unit, good character, or Good unit, bad character?

Limstella

Are there any bad units that are really good characters in your opinion? Or good units that have really bad or just eh characters?

I've always found Farina to be a pretty good unit, but her personality really annoys me :P

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the opposite end of the spectrum, Lithis in FE5 is a very useful and essential unit at least until you get Pan, but he's one of the most unrepentant assholes ever to join the player in a Fire Emblem game.

I've heard Takumi is a terrible character, and I agree with that, but he's a good unit. Very strong in my game.

I like Sain's character (as well as any other character like him. They're just funny to me :D), but he dies easily in my runs. Shame.

Virion comes to mind. He's got some really great supports and a surprising amount of depth revealed both through said supports and the various DLC's. However, I've never been able to use him efficiently as a unit; it doesn't help that he can't learn an offensive skill.

I'm going to second Lifis. I wanted to punt him off a cliff the second I recruited him, but he's the only actually useful thief for a while in FE5 (and stealing is actually good in that game).

I like Wendy as a character and Meg is really adorable and I love her design, but they're bad. Like, you can baby Meg until she's kind of useful but I've never had any luck with Wendy, unfortunately.

Bastian is so amazing as a character, i love him. Ill never use him on any of my runs because he smells of elderberries as a unit. Same with Lucia tbh but i use her a little more in RD.

Virion is <3 but as a unit, without a lot of favoritism, hes just not good. :(

F I O N A. Shes got this cool ass mystique about her being an independent governor and the daughter of a Rider of Daein. Plus shes a good person. As a unit, one of the worst.

Bartre is a wonderful human being and i love him with all my heart. But hes a gamble to use. If he cant get that first proc in speed...forget it.

Farina is a shitty character in my opinion. I really dislike her as a person tbh. But as a unit, yeah shes too good to not use.

Mia makes me eyeroll a LOT, but in RD, shes fucking good and steamrolls once she gets going. Ugh.

Azama actually makes for a strong physical unit if you can reclass him right away. Does well in Dread Fighter. One of the shittiest people in Hoshido, however.

I like Fiona from RD, but she's a sucky unit. :( I like Lyre too, and she also sucks... A lot of the laguz do, actually. Can't believe they got nerfed from PoR, there was nothing wrong with them there! At least Ranulf was still usable...

I hate Soren, but he's a really good unit in both Tellius games, so I still use him.

I love Elincia, but she feels almost pointless as a unit in PoR.

That's all that comes to mind. xP

I like Fiona from RD, but she's a sucky unit. :( I like Lyre too, and she also sucks... A lot of the laguz do, actually. Can't believe they got nerfed from PoR, there was nothing wrong with them there! At least Ranulf was still usable...

I hate Soren, but he's a really good unit in both Tellius games, so I still use him.

Elincia was technically the first flying staff wielder which is useful but for how late she joins... At least she got hugely redeemed in RD...

The laguz though... Well every non royal/Vika is terrible... In a game when caps matter in endgame they are useless especially when the Royals come ready for the end game with exception of Kurthnaga who gets an entire chapter where he can attack and gain exp without worry of retaliation...

Elincia was technically the first flying staff wielder which is useful but for how late she joins... At least she got hugely redeemed in RD...

The laguz though... Well every non royal/Vika is terrible... In a game when caps matter in endgame they are useless especially when the Royals come ready for the end game with exception of Kurthnaga who gets an entire chapter where he can attack and gain exp without worry of retaliation...

I have to agree on PoR Elincia - being a flying healer would've been a huge help, but unfortunately, she comes so late it's more of a hindrance than a help. As for the laguz in RD, I'd say that Janaff and Ulki are pretty amazing, but yeah, most every other non-royal stinks (the only ones I can think of that DON'T are Muarim, Skrimir, and Mordecai).

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Volug, Ranulf, Janaff, Ulki, Vika, Muarim, and Nealuchi are among the best units in their parts. Not everyone needs to be an amazing endgame unit.

Lethe, Lyre, and Kyza are the only laguz that are straight up bad. And even then, Kyza is amazing when pumped with stat boosters since he doesn't have a shitty cat gauge.

Kurth will never reach SS strike, but he's incredibly easy to get up to speed in 4-E-1 with Paragon/Resolve.

Elincia's not that bad in PoR, as thanks to BEXP one can easily catch her up with the rest of the crew, not to mention BEXP levels can be save scummed even without an emulator(seriously I always save before BEXPing someone so I can ensure they get a good level).

FE4 got there first though.

I like Dorcas and Bartre but they're pretty bad.

Volug, Ranulf, Janaff, Ulki, Vika, Muarim, and Nealuchi are among the best units in their parts. Not everyone needs to be an amazing endgame unit.

Lethe, Lyre, and Kyza are the only laguz that are straight up bad. And even then, Kyza is amazing when pumped with stat boosters since he doesn't have a shitty cat gauge.

Kurth will never reach SS strike, but he's incredibly easy to get up to speed in 4-E-1 with Paragon/Resolve.

Maybe not, but laguz improve at a pace that calling "snail's pace" would be too kind in describing, and that's no bueno. Which means that I'm stuck using the like 5 laguz that don't stink if I want a laguz, because beorc run the show. Also, I disagree on Ranulf because cat gauge. Volug starts struggling once you get into late part 1, and Vika... Yeah.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Wolt's my favorite FE character. He's a crap unit. Similar for Roy. Tbh I think Roy is the embodiment of bad unit good character.

I loathe Ike and Robin. They break their games.

I hate Shinon and he's one of the best archers in the series (certainly the best in RD) from a gameplay standpoint. Still ditch him for the shota in both games though.

One of my favorite characters is Nino and even if she not a very good unit even if I do like using her... Wallace is cool character I wish he was actually useful...

Also I like Sophia enough as a character to use her as well. I also like Cath even though recruiting her I thought was fun I don't think she's personally that bad of a unit though she certainly not good.

Hannibal is pretty cool too...

Maribelle is one of awakenings better characters even though she's not that good not the worst unit but definitely not one of the best.

There's plenty of characters that are good that suck in fates revelations but that's because conquests entire roster is basically shoved in the corner in favor of only having the Royals be good. So Niles and Arthur ect. Really other than revelations I don't think there's any characters and fates I happen to like but also happened to suck. Usually the two go hand-in-hand.

Edited by Locke087

I have to agree on PoR Elincia - being a flying healer would've been a huge help, but unfortunately, she comes so late it's more of a hindrance than a help. As for the laguz in RD, I'd say that Janaff and Ulki are pretty amazing, but yeah, most every other non-royal stinks (the only ones I can think of that DON'T are Muarim, Skrimir, and Mordecai).

This. Elincia being a flying staff wielder is exactly why I said she feels ALMOST pointless. :P