Bad unit, good character, or Good unit, bad character?

Limstella

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Severa can't be really good?

Severa can be a pain in the butt to get, especially depending on what her parent's levels are, and what your team is over all. Depending on a players style, they may just be getting kids to complete the roster, and may not even use either of Severa's parents thus giving severa terrible starting stats. Cynthia is a simple pair chrom with a flier, or have sumia talk to her, by keeping out of range till you can get close enough, then, even is Cynthia isn't that great, she can still be kept out of the fighting thanks to the fact that she's a flier. I think and agree that Sumia needs coddling to get her to be effective, but she makes a great anti-mage unit with fairly high res, and doubles effectively imo. She also gets luna and pavaise, and with her pretty nice skill activates both regularly.

Anyways, imo, I think odin is a great/ interesting character but average unit for the most part. Same with Bradey. I think he's a pretty interesting unit, but he's useless with out trying to make him better.

And Severa can't be really good?

She can, but I was pretty sure we were talking about characters who start as Pegasus Knights. Though as far as Cynthia vs Severa goes, it really depends on their parents. You can't really go wrong regarding Cynthia, though I personally prefer Chrom because of Aether and the fast support(and pairing up with Chrom really helps Sumia's survivability early on allowing her to get up to par more quickly), while Severa's father really depends on what you wan out of her, though she'll always start with Armsthrift, which is nice. I personally usually give Severa a dad who gives her Luna and use her as a Sorceror who acts as a supporting unit to Owain(mainly because her Mag growth is usually too low for her to make a good lead). Both always have access to Galeforce, which is also nice. But yeah, all the children tend to be pretty good, and the variability makes it difficult to judge who's the best, other than Morgan obviously.

Bad unit/good character: While not a "bad" unit, Leo is pretty niche in what he can do, as he's an average-speed mage that is meant to tank other mages. He doesn't have the best hit rate, but Heartseeker gives him +20 hit if he's right next to an enemy. By late-game, he's not so good on the defense when two, maybe three non-magic hits will end him. Xander is Leo's opposite in the tanking department- but physical enemies are so much more abundant.

He's the "worst" (he's still a decent unit and perfectly usable) of the brothers overall.

I'd give him more credit than a certain wielder of a certain bow, to say the least...

Anyways...

Good unit/bad character:

-Makalov. He's one of the biggest non-evil douchebags in the series I can think of. Even Shinon manages to be a better character, even if only because he genuinely cares for Rolf. Makalov, OTOH, has no redeeming features whatsoever.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

I'd give him more credit than a certain wielder of a certain bow, to say the least...

Anyways...

Good unit/bad character:

-Makalov. He's one of the biggest non-evil douchebags in the series I can think of. Even Shinon manages to be a better character, even if only because he genuinely cares for Rolf. Makalov, OTOH, has no redeeming features whatsoever.

Lifis from Thracia says hi.

Sure, he's a decent thief but holy hot damn is he one of the most unrepentant assholes to ever join a lord.

Good unit/bad character: While not "bad" per se, Abel is relatively minor in the going-ons of the Akaneia games. But damn he's a good unit, and made me fall in love with the cavalier class. The Cain and Abel curse favored Abel in SD, hands-down.

What about what happens with him in FE3?

Speaking of Archanea, the king of good unit bad character has to go to Barst for me. Unit wise, probably one of the best axe users in the series. His only line of dialogue is his death quote.

All of the usual suspects for good character bad unit have already been mentioned I feel.

Bad Unit/Good Character: Maria. I love her relationship with Minerva and Michalis, and what she does for the latter in between the events of FE1/11 and FE3/12 won me over. Shame she's outclassed by Lena in terms of usefulness, and it isn't even close.

Good Unit/Bad Character: Kjelle. I actually put her off to the bench because I got annoyed with her real quick. Then after a while, I realized Donnel was her father (at least in that playthrough), which meant she had access to Galeforce, which meant she eventually became one of my best units.

Edited by Bullwine85

Lifis from Thracia says hi.

Sure, he's a decent thief but holy hot damn is he one of the most unrepentant assholes to ever join a lord.

Ehhh, I wouldn't know - I never played Thracia, and I don't intend to.

Gods, I have so many cases of bad unit/good character that it's really screwing me over.

I'd say good unit/good character for Chad, save for the fact that he cANT PROMOTE and that really wrecks his perfomance in later chapters- He definitely hits those caps, but those caps are sadly tier one caps, and I cry on the inside every time I start the cheeseballed game. The other one is Wolt, and boy, son, you gotta step up your game, I hecking love you but I can't use you because my unpromoted Sue is better than your promoted sniper butt in every aspect.

Also, Leonardo for me in particular- I know his character is pretty flat in canon, but I've gotten overly attached to what could've been and drag him along with me on every run, even though his speed is, uh, subpar. Except this run I somehow got a speed-blessed Leo, and he gets Lughnasadh which makes him. A+ in my heart.

In Fates, it's gotta be Odin. He may kind-of sort-of suck, but I love his theatrics.

Also, I'm very attached to the Awakening trio as a whole.

Can't think of any others at the moment, haha. There's probably a lot more though.

Edited by lughnasadh

Odin is actually pretty good if you give him early promo to Samurai in CQ, but on RV he's trash yeah. Although nyx is trash no matter what route ur on so

I said it before, but it's ironic that Owain was better as a Mage in Awakening, but in Fates, Odin is arguably better off as a Samurai.

I took another route and sent him off to be a Dark Flier in Conquest. Shit was tight

Unfortunately, so many units that I love to bits are awful in-game orz