Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Clouds of Malice Gameplay Thread

Moblin Major General

My, the fighting in there seems intense. You can hear the rushing waters and deft movements from out here! Perhaps I was missing out on some impressive displays of skill, but I wanted to get back to constructing buildings for all the time I'm sure the others perceived wasted.

The yellow clue I found confirmed only one thing: my fellow courier's skin couldn't be dyed like my fur could. It turned out to be a piece of a ribbon, a common accessory used to make our trademark yellow-on-the-left-side. Not much could be guessed from it, except that the ribbon was torn at some point in time.

Looking at what buildings were up in town, I figured a store house and an extra spot to sleep would be some good things to start building. I spent the rest of my afternoon marking out where I'd recommend placing them with sticks and stones.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erusea manages to reorient himself and bounce off the wall. Erusea saw that Phillipe was purple in parts of his face. "I think that's the end of that." Erusea refused to fight an injured opponent. From the looks of it, so did everyone else. "Will you accept me?"

Damn... that was... rough. I could still win, but as I'm poisoned he could win just by avoiding me, and the consequences after the battle are potentially disastrous if I keep fighting. "I concede," I admit, "On one condition. I want to be a junior partner."

Erusea had no qualms about making Phillipe his second. Just as well, for Erusea didn't see himself as a facilitator or administrator as much as he did the final say. "I accept your proposal. Make your way to the storehouse, and take an Apple, an Oran Berry, and a Pecha Berry. Once you've recovered, We'll meet the merchants that wish to do business."

That was an awesome battle!

I tried to stay neutral as much as possible but I liked the battle so much.

After the battle, I decided to go drink a little bit of water but that was also an excuse because I felt it in my entire body.

And it happened while I was drinking water, it was quite shocking because I didn't take this form since a very long time.

If someone see me like this, I'll have explanations to give...

Beth looked in excitement. "That was quite the fight that just happened, I would definitely follow the both of you if you are that strong. I was thinking of only staying here temporarily, but I think I'll stay for sure now." She said to Erusea and Phillipe.

It took me about ten minutes to recover. This was... embarrassing. I only hope that this situation doesn't develop similar to this one book, "Lord of the Venonats", that my father read to me. Erusea didn't seem like the type. I don't like settling for this, but I need to stick with what I can get. Exiting the storeroom, I present myself before the merchants.

"I humbly welcome you all to..." Erusea paused for a moment, then decided on a name. "I welcome you all to Horizon. Phillipe, would you mind showing them around and assigning shops to all the merchants." Erusea turned, sensing something around the stream. "Excuse me a moment, there's a little matter that needs tending to."

I look at my reflect in the water.

I don't even remember the last time that I turned into a Jolteon...

Noises

Huh?

I heard something on his way here.

I better be prepared, there's nowhere to hide, the bush are too small for me now.

Edited by Nym

Erusea peaked through the bush he was hiding in. Nym? He's evolved? That's unnatural. I did a sweep of this place yesterday. There's no way there are Thunder Stones around here. Erusea came out of the bush. "I take it this is the dark secret you were hiding from me?" Erusea kept his voice down, not wanting to tip off anyone else in the group.

''Uhhhh....''

Great, it's Erusea.

''Yea, this is my uhh... ''dark'' secret, sorry you had to learn it today.''

The moment I said that, I turned back to my original form.

''I suppose you want some explanations... but I'm not ready to tell it to anyone else yet but I know I'll have to do it, eventually.''

Edited by Nym

Erusea felt something special in Nym. In some ways, he was really mature. In others, it was almost as if he was a hatchling. There were some holes, like how did he come across Beth's map, but he knew that very little of the occurrences for Nym were actually his fault. "You don't have to. I'm here for you, and for everyone else. Your secrets are safe, so long as they are told, and not discovered. It's not truly explanations I want, Nym. I just want you to explain the truth. Tell me, and we'll be the only two that know. If we aren't, and your hearing this from the Blitzle's mouth, it isn't because I told anyone. I wouldn't discourage showing emotion, however, because that isn't healthy for anyone." Erusea sat, looking eye level at Nym.

While she thoroughly enjoyed the battle, Beatrix found the results disappointing. She had nothing against Erusea winning, but she still can't believe how Phillipe could lose. The nobles she used to read about went against impossible odds and won, how could a prince lose to a Nidoran? Unless Phillipe was not a true prince. That has to be it, Beatrix thought. If he was really nobility, he wouldn't have lost.

With the battle over, Beatrix didn't really have anything to do in mind. She decides to explore her new home, checking the merchants who are setting up their shops.

I finish setting up the shops for the merchants. Currently, there is an item shop, containing HP restoring items and food, a TM shop, for learning new moves, and a Dojo, for training. I go to find Erusea, and find him with Nym.

I didn't know where to start. By the time I took for making everything straight in my head, Phillipe managed to find us. It didn't really matter since I would have to tell him the truth at some point, better be now when we don't have work.

I take a deep breath and open my eyes on both Erusea and Phillipe, waiting for my story. Let's go.

''I didn't lie when I said I was an orphan, I never met my parents, I hatched from my egg in a laboratory. This laboratory belonged to a team of humans which I still don't know the name. Anyway, the leader of this team, a lady, loved me so much that she took me as her pokémon. She was like a mother for me: she fed me, she carried me around, she played with me. But this lady had the behaviour of a chid, sometimes. She wanted me to be ''special''. For this reason, she ordered her scientist to modify me. Also, she gave me the name Pae: Project Alpha Eevee. You can call me Pae or Nym from now on, I don't really mind.

I pause for 2 seconds and continue:

''They managed to modify my DNA, the plan was to let me being able to transfrom into any eeveelutions and let me revert back into an Eevee at will. But, the operation wasn't completely successful: I could transfrom, yes, but not at will. My power was somehow, linked with my emotions. Which is why you saw me as a Jolteon, Erusea, since your battle was awesome, I was happy. What's more: I can use only one move in one of my forms. One day, everyone was gone, I was alone... again.''

I think I cried so hard, I turned into a Vaporeon. If Phillipe didn't believe me before, now he has the proof.

''How... how do you want me to live like this? Eevee are rare, we don't live as a group like Pikachus. I'm a modify pokémon, do... do you really think someone would have accept me?''

Now I turned into a Flareon.

''DO YOU UNDERSTAND!? I'M A MONSTER. I HATE HUMANS AND I HATE POKÉMON. I. HATE. EVERYONE!!!''

I jump to them and I used Flare Blitz on them but I stop at the last second.

''...''

I calm down a little bit but I'm still angry.

''Yes, Erusea, Beth didn't lie, I really attacked her before we met. I never talked to anyone after the incident, living alone eating only berries. When I met her, she didn't notice me. I was so angry and worried at the same time so I became dead serious. When I'm serious, I turn into a Umbreon. I bashed her into the ground, stole her map, and turned into an Eevee just in case she would see me so I could run faster since there's no way I could be happy at that time. After, I decided to start acting like a child for preventing this from happening again.''

''If you want to punish me, I'll accept it without fighting back but I really regret my decision.''

I turned back into a Vaporeon.

Edited by Nym

"That was before we met, Nym. Still, this issue isn't going to go away on its own. It seems as though you have many frustrations you need to get out. I hereby charge you with robbery and battery. I sentence you to single combat against the plaintiff. In this fight, the only rule is no killing. You must start the fight in your true form, but once combat starts, you can choose to let your emotions carry you, or not. It's up to you, but my ruling stands." Erusea didn't like having to punish someone so soon after taking power, but he had no choice, being that both victim and assailant were both present in Horizon. Erusea turned to Phillipe."For future reference, all punishments are to go through me and me alone. You all allowed power of detention, but not judgment. I have confidence in your ability to fulfill this role."

Wait, what? Really? "Hopefully this isn't going to be a precedent?" I ask. "I don't think it's just at all that a criminal can escape punishment merely for being stronger than their opponent. I can see it in this case, but I don't think it should be a regular thing."

Erusea assures Phillipe."I have several reforms I plan to enact in the coming days. Also, Nym didn't commit his crimes inside Horizon's borders, or any known borders for that matter. This judgment is purely for reparation. However, this is good for civil disputes, because Victini doesn't side with those who are wrong."

I shrug. "A follower of Victinism, eh? Well, its kind of in my job description to reject that, because when I ascend my rule will be divinely ordained by Arceus, but I don't discriminate other religions. I think, though, that in civil cases this sentence should only be handed down if the plaintiff wishes. I don't care how justified a Magikarp is, its not winning any battles."

While these 2 were arguing about which god pokémon is the best, I decided to take a trip underwater but I didn't swim too far away, I just wanted to be alone for sometimes.

I don't think I'll be able to revert back for the next few hours.

Edited by Nym

Seeing that Nym probably wasn't able to revert back yet, Erusea decided to debate religion with Phillipe. "That's not necessarily what I would refer to myself as. I think my religion as henotheism. I mention Victini because he has a propensity to favor the just as being the more powerful. Not to mention that those who are right are favored by the 4 Swords of Justice. However, Arceus's will can overshadow all of those. Otherwise, I doubt the Forerunners would've mysteriously vanished as they had were it not the will of Arceus. However, I don't believe that leaders are born. If I did, I would have ceded to you. However, I believe it safe to say that Horizon is what you term a "Free City." Your father can say what he wants about your bloodline, but if you disappoint your subjects, I cannot be held responsible for the consequences."

"Well, of course you can't," I reply. "Our philosophy, though, is essentially legalism. We believe that its better to stick with the devil that you know, i.e a tyrannical leader, than to risk everything with a revolution. Of course if a leader is tyrannical enough then its obvious Arceus's approval has been lost, so they are to be assassinated and a new leader is to take the throne. These instances are very rare though, as few of our leaders have been tyrants. The main thing I disapprove of is that this appears to be somewhat similar might makes right, which is simply barbarism."

"That's essentially what Horizon is, though. Horizon hasn't passed any laws as of yet, and this situation isn't going to end well if resolved on it's own. After this, I say the both of us sit down, make fair, unbiased laws, and put in place a system of government that favors the qualified, not the privileged." Erusea wasn't nearly as deluded as Phillipe probably thought he was.

I was covered in dust and wood splinters, but eventually managed to throw together a new shelter. It wasn't as good as the other one, but I suppose every building counts. Maybe I'm just not all that good at construction. I turned back towards the town. I think I overheard them calling it Horizon? Fitting name for such a well removed area. Some shopkeepers were getting cosy in their new stalls, and I saw a Vaporeon jump into the nearby river. Hmm... what to do now. I'm not used to being without orders. I guess you could say I can get a little workaholic at times. I didn't ponder for long though, because the tree line became increasingly inviting. Maybe some time to myself wouldn't be bad. I ducked away to a safe clearing and began to sing. Ah! How I missed those days of practicing in the back of my yard! Just a song or three is all. I'm sure they won't mind.

"So, wait," I ask, somewhat apprehensively, "Do you consider this to be a permanent settlement? I'll stay for a while, to be sure, but I have to return home eventually." I privately scoff at his ideas of meritocracy. Meritocracy, I think, is completely unworkable in the long run. Those in power will always entrench themselves further, so it is best to have a system ensuring that those that will come to power get the best education possible. I don't say that out loud, though. I know enough history to know that having the two leaders of a place be antagonistic is a terrible idea.