• Mechanist
    • Onmyoji
    • Priestess
    • Great Master
    • Sniper
    • Merchant
    • Nine-Tails
    • Wolfssegner

Fighter & Apothecary, Fighter looks uninspired when I compare it to cool fighters like Nolan from RD, and Apothecary needs to

10guile.jpg

Except Senno. That man is sharp.

Merchant makes me think of Japan's equivalent of the Greedy Capitalist, which is...oddly hilarious to me.

Fighter only bugs me because of the leather thong. That doesn't sound like a good idea for battle. Knights bug me because the old guy in it should look more knightly, not like some random town elder who got shoved into armour. I don't really dislike them though.

But the ones I truly dislike are Apothecary and Merchant for just being bad designs, Berserker for not knowing wtf I'm looking at, Basara for not being as cool as it could've been, Mechanist for looking too creepy in a bad way, and derpy Priestess.

Fighter- Needs pants and shoes, and less dumb idle stance.

Knight- ugly AF, has armor that simulates beer gut.

Samurai- yes yes, I get it, it's japan-land, but still an aesthetic downgrade from awakening's myrmidons. Shoes may help.

Diviner- Mostly because in looks, female diviners >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> male as far as combat models go. They are what they are, I get it, but eh...

Apothecary- I just don't care for this class even existing in these combat environments with how they look, and animate.

General- For once, I'd like to see generals rendered with alot more inspiration from their GBA sprite versions. Looks top-heavy and silly in combat.

Hero- Wow, I'm the one person... anyway, this is mostly because of awakening again. They look a bit dorky. Generic awakening hero's portrait was cooler to me. Their combat sprites just don't move as much, or toss their swords when idle anymore. Fates heroes don't seem as much of somewhat cocky, badass combat veterans as awakening heroes were. At best, they're a bit boring, who's only saving grace is their overly-ornate armor.

Merchant- same as apothecary, but worse because of this: for such a seemingly stern figure with bulk and skills to back it up, still animates like a goofball. They would legitimately intimidate me somewhat if it wasn't for that.

I would also vote swordmaster, solely because #Ilikeawakeningsdesign again, but I think I've done that enough.

Edited by maninbluejumpsuit

speaking of merchant i made shiro one once, just for 4 levels, to get him spendthrift and that was the longest fucking 4 levels

my beautiful son, lance expert, with /that/ animation? Bullshit.

everything was better after I got back to the sweet embrace of spear master

Edited by Thor Odinson

I'd definitely prefer it if the Apothecary line didn't have as many goofy animations. I kind of like the dodge animation (the slip and crawl backwards one) because it gives the feeling they aren't real soldiers, but what the hell is going on with that dancing crit animation?

I wish they had girls for the generic Apothecary. Those robes are seriously too cute.

Edited by NekoKnight

I'd definitely prefer it if the Apothecary line didn't have as many goofy animations. I kind of like the dodge animation (the slip and crawl backwards one) because it gives the feeling they aren't real soldiers, but what the hell is going on with that dancing crit animation?

I wish they had girls for the generic Apothecary. Those robes are seriously too cute.

I definitely like the female design a lot better than the male. I really hated how male looked, but the female model is actually pretty nice animations notwithstanding.

You know, since Charlotte has custom victory animations, maybe the existing merchant animations could be tied to a few characters who fit them than characters who reclass in and don't fit it. It's really jarring to see Oboro or Shiro who are so graceful as Spear Masters suddenly drop everything.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I definitely like the female design a lot better than the male. I really hated how male looked, but the female model is actually pretty nice animations notwithstanding.

You know, since Charlotte has custom victory animations, maybe the existing merchant animations could be tied to a few characters who fit them than characters who reclass in and don't fit it. It's really jarring to see Oboro or Shiro who are so graceful as Spear Masters suddenly drop everything.

I could sort of see the animations work with Midoriko (your only natural Apothecary) because she's just a kid unless you play the localized version but it doesn't work for most others.

I could sort of see the animations work with Midoriko (your only natural Apothecary) because she's just a kid unless you play the localized version but it doesn't work for most others.

It works for Mozu too, but yeah. Azama in a stretch. Definitely not the others.