ITT: Units that have always been RNG Screwed on previous playthroughs but have taken a shine for you recently.

As we know one of the best things about Awakening is that Second Seals will always allow you to max out stats eventually.

But the early game can be a bit of a bind when certain units always get RNG screwed.

For me, that has always been Vaike. My very first playthrough (Hard Classic), he gained 2 speed in 15-ish levels, and was getting doubled by anything that wasn't a knight. However in my most current playthrough, he is on track. 10 speed at level 11 is more than I could have ever wished for before. And I do hope it keeps improving.

My Virion's were also always Speed Screwed, but he's doing decent in my current playthrough.

So my question is, what characters always/have a habit of getting RNG screwed for you? And is it always a particular stat?

One of the units who consistently gets the shaft for me is Ricken. He very rarely gets Magic Growths for me prior to Promotion, and instead ends up with a lot of Luck and Skill that I can't take advantage of, because his damage output is darn low.

I second the Ricken he never gains enough magic speed or resistance to be useful. On the other hand he gets good levels in defense and skill -_- Trash unit 100% of the time.

Gregor also has a long history of turning out really bad especially for a unit with a class set like him(hero of all things...)

Lonqu has a mixed record if he gets strength early he turns out great if not then he is terrible..

And The most recent terrible unit on my most recent play through Cordelia. Who went her initial 20/20 Pegasus knight/dark flier and didn't get speed on level up for at least 15 of those levels. She was able to be doubled by most enemies(hard/classic)... WTF

The worst unit I ever had was a avatar from some normal/casual file I street passed. Horrible stats /starting class never gained more than rare 3-4 stats on level up the average was 2...Almost always HP Strength and skill (I think that might be do to it having a Luck Flaw Strength asset. Does a luck flaw nerf growth rates or something? Empty levels... On a unit with Veteran...

The worst unit I ever had was a avatar from some normal/casual file I street passed. Horrible stats /starting class never gained more than rare 3-4 stats on level up the average was 2...Almost always HP Strength and skill (I think that might be do to it having a Luck Flaw Strength asset. Does a luck flaw nerf growth rates or something? Empty levels... On a unit with Veteran...

If anything, I always believed Luck to be the best flaw one could select! That is strange...

If anything, I always believed Luck to be the best flaw one could select! That is strange...

Personally, I disagree, since it makes you vulnerable to crits in the earlygame, particularly on harder difficulties - which is no bueno when you consider how valuable crit is to the enemy.

Anyways, for the topic at hand, Gaius pretty much never works out for me.

Ricken definitely. His speed is almost never good and his magic is kind of meh. But if you can manage to get him to Dark Knight, depending on the RNG, he can pull his own weight. The better growths actually get him magic once in a while and he becomes pretty tanky. He'll never be outstanding though, especially if you make him the father of Owain (or use the kids at all really).