Help Mozu Catch Up?

elbell3618

So, in my over eager starting of my Normal Conquest play through, I failed to get our sweet little villager Mozu until around chapter 18 (I'm on 20 now). Normally I'd just say 'oh well!' and move on, but I need to bring her up to par with the rest of my team so I can get Ignatius and round out some child pairings.

I've been trying to use Boo Camp to level her up, but part of my issue is that I either kill an enemy before she can finish them off due to having an all promoted team, or she dies on her first attempt to attack because of a low hit rate or not doing enough damage. I've gotten lucky a few times and she's now at level 8, but I am hoping someone can suggest something that's a little more... Effective.

She's running Aptitude, Quick Draw, Life or Death, Savage Blow, and Death Blow. I am more than willing to buy more skills for her since I'm really not happy with this build on her for this point of growth, so if anyone has a Mozu with other skills I'd appreciate taking advantage of that as well as tips on getting her some strength~

Is she still a Villager? Because it might help if you reclass her to Archer.

Can you do that from any Villager level? I had thought the level 10 rule still applied.

Is archer her best class btw?

if you got Takumi's Shinai or something similar, have a promoted almost kill with that then have Mozu attack with Attack Stance support (so even if she misses, the Dual Attack hopefully kills)

Edited by GoXDS

Can you do that from any Villager level? I had thought the level 10 rule still applied.

Heart Seals can be used at any level in this game, unlike Second Seals in Awakening.

I guess it is, though I've seen Archer Mozu recommended more because of Conquest's lack of bow users.

Well, three out of her four available promoted classes can use bows, and those classes have some pretty practical skills; air superiority can diminish/eliminate the worry of getting hurt by flying units, which is great for archers, and certain blow almost always guarantees a strike. Even the Merchant has profiteer, which is basically a poor man's way of grinding gold. And especially in Conquest, having extra bow users doesn't hurt.

Regardless, having her reclass will make grinding leagues easier 'cuz 1) you don't have to worry about counters from enemies, 2) bows can double; javelins cannot (plus, higher hit rates), and 3) you're quite a bit more likely to hit your enemies 'cuz archers have a higher base skill. Even if you ultimately don't like her as an archer, there's no harm done 'cuz all you've missed out on is potentially a ton of luck growths, though she already gets pretty decent luck without the Villager's boon in that regard.

Heart Seals can be used at any level in this game, unlike Second Seals in Awakening.

I guess it is, though I've seen Archer Mozu recommended more because of Conquest's lack of bow users.

Niles takes offense to that. That guy is a fucking beast. Although I am merely speaking from personal experience so :shrug:.

Although his growth rates aren't too bad either as an outlaw... 45 str and 70 spd 0.o

Unless they meant like having another bow user is good.

Edited by SlayerX

Niles takes offense to that. That guy is a fucking beast. Although I am merely speaking from personal experience so :shrug:.

Although his growth rates aren't too bad either as an outlaw... 45 str and 70 spd 0.o

Unless they meant like having another bow user is good.

Actually, it's more that Niles is the only unpromoted bow user you get in Conquest (there's also Anna, if you have her DLC). So, in a sense, it's the latter.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

If you're using boo camp, I recommend chipping with bronzes so you don't crit, and getting a strong unit to attack stance for her for the kill.

Also, boo camp has a breakable wall down the middle you might want to take advantage of.

You don't need to level her up to pair her lol

I second this. Seriously, if you wanna pair her with Benny, just make sure Benny is trained at this point. If you really wanna train Mozu, you can give her a quick stat boost with the Dread Scroll.

I second this. Seriously, if you wanna pair her with Benny, just make sure Benny is trained at this point. If you really wanna train Mozu, you can give her a quick stat boost with the Dread Scroll.

I know it isn't required, but wouldn't Ignatius go to crap if he has a level 8 villager/archer for a mom? I know we don't know they exact formula but it has to have some impact. If not, feel free to educate me.

If you're using boo camp, I recommend chipping with bronzes so you don't crit, and getting a strong unit to attack stance for her for the kill.

Also, boo camp has a breakable wall down the middle you might want to take advantage of.

Well now I can say I learned something new today. Thanks for that little tidbit of info!

Well, three out of her four available promoted classes can use bows, and those classes have some pretty practical skills; air superiority can diminish/eliminate the worry of getting hurt by flying units, which is great for archers, and certain blow almost always guarantees a strike. Even the Merchant has profiteer, which is basically a poor man's way of grinding gold. And especially in Conquest, having extra bow users doesn't hurt.

Regardless, having her reclass will make grinding leagues easier 'cuz 1) you don't have to worry about counters from enemies, 2) bows can double; javelins cannot (plus, higher hit rates), and 3) you're quite a bit more likely to hit your enemies 'cuz archers have a higher base skill. Even if you ultimately don't like her as an archer, there's no harm done 'cuz all you've missed out on is potentially a ton of luck growths, though she already gets pretty decent luck without the Villager's boon in that regard.

Ahhh okay, I didn't realize how many of her options were bows. I probably won't use her for much more than posting Ignatius then :( Nina and Niles have already gotten to be my bow users and I don't really see another one taking up a slot on my team. I'll need to see how she grows though.

Thank you all for the information and tips!

Well now I can say I learned something new today. Thanks for that little tidbit of info!

Also, Stoneborn may spawn - watch out for those and their 1-5 range. They'll freeze you if they hit.

I know it isn't required, but wouldn't Ignatius go to crap if he has a level 8 villager/archer for a mom? I know we don't know they exact formula but it has to have some impact. If not, feel free to educate me.

the currently tested hypothesis is on the site already. it basically means you have to have lvled a lot to gain 1-2 pts in a stat. it's not a big deal overall.

the currently tested hypothesis is on the site already. it basically means you have to have lvled a lot to gain 1-2 pts in a stat. it's not a big deal overall.

Could you direct me to where that is? I've tried google searches in the past but everything I'd found was still the early stages of it that didn't really give much beyond 'we don't know yet'.