Ike's FE Megathread {15.5}

Integrity

I didn't know that the game was a fan of lana x Seliph too

Anyway, this was a very enjoyable reading and made me understand that Genealogy's story isn't amazing as I tought.

But I still love it tough.

Ah, one thing before I forget it to precise it again but

you said that King Azmur recognised Deirdre by "family intuition", however It is said thst he recognised her by a mark on her forehead, which was the mark typical of the descendants of Naga.

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, one thing before I forget it to precise it again but

you said that King Azmur recognised Deirdre by "family intuition", however It is said thst he recognised her by a mark on her forehead, which was the mark typical of the descendants of Naga.

you're correct but, in fact, we are both correct! the best situation! here's the line:

King Man (Azmur, Apparently): "Call it a family’s intuition, but somehow I knew. And sure enough under her circlet were the markings of Narga."

he just knew looking at deirdre that she had to be one of his, and the mark of naga that he found on her forehead was proof that he was right. he felt the intuition buzz and then saw the mark, confirming his suspicions.

...but finn can still recognize altenna's vibes from a mile away

Levin: “Now, Empress Diadora’s children are the only surviving descendants of Heim who would have inherited Narga’s power…”

The best part is no, there is another descendant of Heim, as retconned by FE5 introducing Linoan

Edited by Psych

linoan is naga blooded? holy shit i don't remember anything about thracia 776

EDIT: this is gonna be a trip tell ya hwat

Edited by Integrity

My biggest issue with the new imgur is that they no longer provide a url with the [/img] bbcode tags for you, so now you have to insert the tags manually.

linoan is naga blooded? holy shit i don't remember anything about thracia 776

EDIT: this is gonna be a trip tell ya hwat

Her Chapter 21 church convo that promotes her.

Bishop:

“Ah… You must be Lady Linoan of Tahra.”

Linoan:

“Who are you?”

Bishop:

“I am an old friend of your father’s. I also knew your mother very well. You look exactly like her.”

Linoan:

“I see…”

Bishop:

“I hear you’ve been fighting alongside Prince Leaf.”

Linoan:

“Yes.”

Bishop:

“Hm… So the Holy Warrior’s blood is in your after all…”

Linoan:

“Holy Warrior? …Me?”

Bishop:

“Your father didn’t tell you anything? The rulers of Tahra are direct descendents of the Holy Warrior Heim.”

Linoan:

“Of Heim…?”

Bishop:

“Ah, so you haven’t yet noticed the power that lies in you. Come with me. I shall awaken the blood of Naga that rests within you.”

Linoan:

“Yes…”

She's also the only one that has any hope of using Rezire due to the scarcity of Lightning tomes.

She's also the only one that has any hope of using Rezire due to the scarcity of Lightning tomes.

According to the site, Homer can use rezire after promotion without ever using a lightning tome, because the bard-sage promotion gives +2 light ranks, and he has a D base. Sety also starts with A light, although he usually wants to use holsety. If you level up sara in the arena enough to attack 50 times without leveling up any other weapon rank first, she gets B light (this abuses the fact that people in the arena use the base weapon that they have the highest rank in, even if they do not have it equipped).

Pendantry aside, I love this thread. Honestly, the effect that this run had on my perception of this game's plot reminds me of this golden sun LP , which had a similar effect on my perception of golden sun's plot (although FE4's plot is still much better and more subtle, if only because no one in fe4 is named "lord conservato".): http://lparchive.org/Golden-Sun/

I look forward to seeing you tear apart analyze the plots of F5-12.

tbh awakening has a better plot than genealogy only in that it doesn't try to be as far-reaching, as my memory goes. genealogy's downfall is that it tries to be too much and spectacularly fails, awakening is really pretty conservative so it can't really fail too badly.

EDIT: not to say awakening's plot is good tho

Edited by Integrity

awakening is really pretty conservative so it can't really fail too badly.EDIT: not to say awakening's plot is good tho

You basically just summed up my feelings on Awakening's plot. It mostly follows typical FE formula, and it does so in a mediocre fashion, but it's not terrible because it followed typical FE forumla.

tbh awakening has a better plot than genealogy only in that it doesn't try to be as far-reaching, as my memory goes. genealogy's downfall is that it tries to be too much and spectacularly fails, awakening is really pretty conservative so it can't really fail too badly.

Awakening does three things at once, with one of the more coherent ties being behind an optional support. I'm not a fan of that.

I hope you decide to do Awakening and Fates.

I'm actualy most looking forward To fe7, 9 and 10, Primarily because they and fe4 are considered to be the ones with the best stories.

I'm actualy most looking forward To fe7, 9 and 10, Primarily because they and fe4 are considered to be the ones with the best stories.

FE7's is shit, I know that. Tellius's seemed okay, but I haven't seen it analyzed like Integrity did with FE4 yet, so who knows? RD definitely had some contrivances here and there though.

Btw, TC, what do you think of the Fates games? I haven't played them yet, myself. I do know their plots are shit, but I'm more curious about how you feel about them overall.

ok literally fe10's plot is awful it's main point of contention between our playable units being a piece of paper we aren't told about till its relevant with no foreshadowing that could be solved by a parley and yet isn't

honestly fe8 might be the best plot in the game but it suffers from some of the worst gameplay balance so

Edited by Psych

ok literally fe10's plot is awful it's main point of contention between our playable units being a piece of paper we aren't told about till its relevant with no foreshadowing that could be solved by a parley and yet isn't

honestly fe8 might be the best plot in the game but it suffers from some of the worst gameplay balance so

FE8 can't be the most unbalanced when things like FE6 exist.

Awakening falls completely flat and over itself after the actually decent Gangrel stuff, from then on its a total mess that doesn't know what it wants to be aside from Robin's Glory Fest.

I'd say its honestly the weakest in the entire franchise when it comes to a plot because it doesn't know what it wants to be ever.

Edited by Jedi

FE10 did a horrible job following up on FE9 which if my memory serves probably had the best combination of plot and gameplay balance. They missed badly on FE8 which I think had really great potential if they actually gave personality to their lords

The real question is, which has the most entertainingly bad story?

I get the sense we might be book-ended by these. I don't see anything being worse than 4 that I've played... but man, I've heard things about Fates.

What a fun read, much better way to experience genealogy than actually playing it (at least for me).

Granted, that means Integrity took the shot instead of me, so thanks.

Incidentally, I'm surprised "Fuck you, Lewyn" isn't in the thread title

PoR being my favorite FE makes me look forward to that so much. I can't wait to see my rose-tinted nostalgia goggles shattered to small pieces.

Honestly, Genealogy being considered one of best stories in the franchise surprises me, even if it's probably good for its time (I was looking at Moomin picture books back then, I wouldn't know)

Btw, TC, what do you think of the Fates games?

birthright's story was inoffensive and i honestly don't remember huge swathes of it; conquest's story was some of the worst thing i have exposed myself to since, uh, ever and i never played revelations because conquest left such a bad taste in my mouth.

far as gameplay goes though? those games are light-years ahead of the rest of the series wrt core gameplay and hella fun to play, but everything that has anything to do with the my castle is pretty much hitler.

EDIT:

Incidentally, I'm surprised "Fuck you, Lewyn" isn't in the thread title

no swearing in topic titles bae

Edited by Integrity

This was a stellar read.

While I'm not gonna be that guy that's all "oh integ you have shown me the light on how bad FE4's story is o wayward father aaaah" as I still like FE4's story on some sense of thematic level compared to the rest of the series(FE5's still better), it certainly has given me a lot to reconsider about many parts of it. (hell, it'll give me stuff to talk about for my own LP, haha)

Though we can certainly agree that Patty is like the best Gen 2 character. ' 3'

(praise Slatesaber)

The real question is, which has the most entertainingly bad story?

I get the sense we might be book-ended by these. I don't see anything being worse than 4 that I've played... but man, I've heard things about Fates.

I can confirm that 4 is Orwell compared to Fates Conquest.